Ten Cats? (Jinwoo)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

 

 

It slipped out so easily, as if your tongue was so used to uttering his name­­–

“Have a good day, Jinwoo.” You didn’t even realize what you just said, still occupied with handing him his card and receipt.

He breathes out a short laugh and that was when you look up at him, soft brown eyes staring back at you in surprise.

“Yes? Do you need anything else?”

“You know my name?” He says with an amused smile, and you frown slightly as your mind recalls to what he had meant.

Yeah, sure­­– of course you do. How can you not when it’s always your shift when he comes in to buy food for his cat­­– or cats. Surely he pets more than one considering how he manages to buy the entire rack every time he visits. And it was getting a tad bit strange how he would come back just a few days after to buy the same amount. Your colleague was the one to fire up your suspicions, saying how­­­– “You know, he came in this morning but left without buying anything. How is he here again when it’s your shift?”

You snuck in a peak at his card and that was how you knew his name, he never said much and you didn’t think you could strike up the courage to actually ask. He was just a frequent customer, too frequent for that matter.

The first time you saw him, it would be a lie to say that you weren’t staring a bit too long. He came in through that door, dark hair over his doe eyes and you weren’t sure if it was the sunlight but his skin was glowing.

“Do I?” You laugh out nervously, looking away from his intense gaze, which clearly isn’t for the faint-hearted.

“Yeah, you do.” He chuckles and you feel the tip of your ears heat up, embarrassed all of a sudden.

“Do you like, own ten cats or something?” You blurt out, trying to steer away the conversation.

“It seems like it, doesn’t it?” He says, and you wish he’d stop smiling so much, “Do you have any pets?”

“I do actually.” You return him a smile, feeling slightly at ease at how the two of you found a common ground.

“That’s great we should have a play date sometime.” His suggestion took you off guard, he went from saying nothing at all to­­– asking you out?

“But cats are­­­­–”

“Difficult, yeah. I’m sorry I was just trying to be subtle.” He bites back a timid smile, “Still, I think it’s only fair that I know your name too?”

 

~