Never Gonna Happen

Our Royal Hours

“I think I know why Junsu rejected you.” Jaejoong said, looking at the window of the restaurant right beside them.

Yunho walked towards Jaejoong before looking in to the restaurant.

Yunho spot Junsu, smiling to another person. They were holding hands even.

“We’re going home. Come on.” Yunho said, turning away immediately.

“Yunho, I-”

“Home. Jaejoong, please.” Seeing how the situation had turned so bad, Jaejoong decided to comply.

“Alright.” Jaejoong said, flagging a cab before getting in.

“Aren’t you coming?” Jaejoong asked, seeing that the man was still standing outside instead of getting on the car.

“I’ll go home by myself. You take the cab.” Yunho was about to close the door when Jaejoong blocked it with his leg. He pulled Yunho in before reciting his address to the cab driver.

“We’re going home together. You promised my father to send me home, didn’t you?” Jaejoong said, looking for any reaction from Yunho but the man just looked out of the window.

“Maybe that was his brother.”

“Junsu doesn’t have any brother. He ran away a long time ago.” Yunho grimly answered.

“Well maybe he came back.”

“Stop it, Jaejoong.” Jaejoong sigh, trying hard not to roll his eyes in that situation.

“Whatever suits you, your royal highness.” Jaejoong whispered, turning to his side of the window.

By the time they had reached Jaejoong’s house, it was almost late evening. Changmin was waiting for Jaejoong right at the doorstep of his house.

“Where were you? It’s been ages. Your father was ready to call the police to put up a search warrant for you.” Changmin said, hands on his hips and acting as if he is Jaejoong’s mother.

“Go in. I need a few minutes with him.” Changmin glared at Yunho before looking back at Jaejoong.

“Don’t be late.” Changmin said before walking in.

“Yunho, I-”

“I’m going to accept that marriage proposal.”

“Wait, what?” Jaejoong asked, shocked upon hearing that.

“I said I’m going to agree to this marriage between us. I’m going to go home and tell my father that I agree to this. So, you should just get yourself ready. A few of the palace officials will definitely come soon to inform your family.”

“Woah woah. You don’t just agree to this so easily. You have to think about the consequences and all. Junsu might just be going for dinner with a close friend that you might not know of. The point is,  you can’t just agree to this without asking him about it.” Three black cars come up to the house’s driveway, stopping right in front of the two of them. Donghae got out of the second car, bowing to Yunho before opening the door for him.

“I’ll see you soon, Kim.” Yunho said, winking at Jaejoong as he walked off chuckling.

“Jung Yunho! If you don’t take back your words, a disaster will happen, I tell you. A disaster!” Jaejoong shouted as the car drove off.

“Oh gosh, that moron…” Jaejoong mumbled, palming his face.

“Was that who I think it was?” Jaejoong heard his father’s voice behind him and Jaejoong turned around to face his father.

“That. Was your future son-in-law going back home.” Jaejoong said, scowling at his father before stomping into the house.

Changmin was sitting in the dining room, surrounded by different desserts.

“Han Jaejun!” Changmin called, seeing Jaejoong walked pass the open door. Jaejoong back-tracked before looking at Changmin.

“What are you doing?” Jaejoong asked suspiciously.

“Tasting the desserts for the dinner later.” Changmin answered before continuing to eat one of the cakes.

“What dinner?”

“The dinner with the royal family. They called me right after you went off for school just now. I wanted to tell you but you just have to go all crazy on me.” Kangwoo said, clearly complaining about his son’s attitude.

“Well excuse me for reacting badly when I’m being forced into a wedding with a stuck up brat.” Jaejoong answered his father back.

“He’s not that bad.” Kangwoo said.

“Oh so now you’re siding with him. How great.”

“I think he’s not that bad either, Jae.” Changmin added in.

“Shut up Minnie.”

“Hey, don’t call me that!”

“Well, don’t side with him!”

“Fine!”

“Fine!” Jaejoong replied back before going back to his room instead.

He throws himself on the bed, pouting immediately.

A few minutes went by before two knocks were heard on his door. Jaejoong didn’t budge, choosing to stay in that same position on the bed instead. He heard the door creak open before hearing his father calling for him.

“I know you’re not sleeping, honey.”

“You only call me honey when you need something from me.” Jaejoong finally answered. Kangwoo sat down on the bed, turning Jaejoong to face him.

“Listen Jaejoong, I’m not going to force you. You know me, I can never force you in doing something but this thing...your grandfather...he meant well. Did I ever tell you how difficult it was to convince him to adopt you?”

“Yes. You’ve told me that story every single time you want something from me, dad.” Jaejoong interrupted his father, not wanting to hear the same story again.

“Well, you should know that when he finally accepted, he must have seen something inside you.”

“Or he was just too tired to hear you begging to adopt me.” Kangwoo smiled, seeing the normal and sarcastic Jaejoong again.

As much as he hates that rude attitude of Jaejoong, it is better than Jaejoong brooding over something.

“The point is, by that time, he must have known that he needs someone to continue the Kim Family.”

“I see...and so he made me into a scapegoat.”

“You know your grandfather isn’t like that.” Kangwoo corrected him.

“I know...but in the first place, how did he become friends with the royal family? Other than the money that we had, we’re just...commoners.” Jaejoong said, finally looking into his father’s eyes.

“The old king has some sort of a history with your grandfather. I don’t really know the details actually but I know they met during a war.”

“So being able to save his life made the king decide to arrange a marriage between their grandchildren.”

“Are you going to follow through with this?” Kangwoo asked.

“I don’t know. What is this about the dinner with the royal family?”

“Ah well...one of the palace officials called me to ask for a meeting between the royal family and our family. I decided to host the dinner here. You know, you should cook for them.” Kangwoo suggested.

“And poison their food. Yes, please.” Jaejoong said, rolling his eyes after that.

“I know you too well to know that you can never do that to another person.”

“I know...I’ll do the dessert. Happy?” Kangwoo smiled, hearing that.

“Good. Now, why don’t you wash up and get some dinner before sleeping. Don’t forget to do your homework.” The older man said, messing up his son’s hair.

Kangwoo stands up, leaving the room. Jaejoong got out from the bed, deciding to wash up just like what his father told him to do.

Walking into his bathroom, he stands in front of the mirror after taking his shirt off. Jaejoong stares at himself and let his mind run wild before imagining Yunho standing right behind, smiling at him.

Smiling at each other,  the Yunho in his imagination leaned towards Jaejoong, lips puckering before closing his eyes.

“Ahh!” Jaejoong screamed out, finally realising what he had just imagined. He steps away from the mirror, Yunho gone as Jaejoong continued staring at himself.

“What was that about? This must be because he said he wanted to agree to this wedding.” Jaejoong talked to himself, heading slowly to the shower.

“Well, that’s not gonna happen anytime soon.” He convinced himself, turning on the shower and feeling the warm water pouring on his body.

“Never gonna happen.” Jaejoong muttered to himself, leaning against the stone wall.  

 


Hey guys! In the case I don't update anytime soon...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thanks for reading and comments are loved!