The Wedding - Dinner

Our Royal Hours

Jaejoong steps into the dimly lit room, following Yunho’s lead.

“Please wait here while we serve the food.” One palace maid said once both men had sat down comfortably beside each other. Yunho was the first one to move, resting his back on the wall behind him.

“It’s a good thing they took away the procession. As much as I love the crowd, I don’t think I can handle smiling and waving for two hours straight.” Yunho said, looking at Jaejoong who was sitting up straight and not moving an inch. He wasn’t even sure whether Jaejoong is still breathing right now.

“Hey relax, will you? It’s just us in here.” Yunho said, hitting Jaejoong’s arm to make the man move.

“But the Book of-”

“I don’t care what the Book of Traditions say. That book is thousands of years old. There’s no need for you to follow it.” Hearing that, Jaejoong smile before leaning against the wall too.

“Great. You don’t know how stiff my back is right now.” Jaejoong let out a sigh of relief, closing his eyes slightly.

“You want me to get it loose for you?” Yunho asked, getting close to Jaejoong and staring straight into his eyes with a stupid grin on his face. Jaejoong’s first reaction was to punch the man, causing Yunho to hit his head on the wall.

“What the hell! How dare you!” Yunho yelled, immediately grabbing Jaejoong’s neck in a tight, choking hold.

“Sorry! I didn’t mean it. I’m sorry...” Jaejoong said, hitting Yunho’s arms to get the man to let go of him.

“Yunho!” The said man felt himself being pulled back, arms clawing at Jaejoong.

The almost choking boy moved away, retreating into a corner as he stared at Yunho’s butler grabbing a hold of the Crown Prince.

“He punched me! That should give me some reason to hit him. Ahh!” Yunho cried out when he felt his wounds being pressed by a fist. He glared at the man holding onto him.

“Calm down, Yunho. You were going to choke him to death.” Donghae said, letting the man go.

“You’re lucky I was the one who came in. What if your father had walked in on you?” The butler continued as Yunho recovers from his pain.

“You don’t have to press on my wounds like that.” Yunho said, sitting back at his spot.

“Jaejoong, you alright there?” Donghae asked as the two men finally looked at the recently married boy in the corner.

“Is HE alright?” Jaejoong asked back, pointing to Yunho.

“I’m fine. Get back here.” Yunho said, patting Jaejoong’s seat. Jaejoong crawled back but before he can reach his seat beside Yunho, the Prince snarled at him which made Jaejoong to try and punch the man again. This time, Donghae blocked the fist from touching Yunho.

“Seriously, Your Highness. Nobody is allowed to touch a royal. That includes you. And please Sir, stop it.” Donghae said, letting go of Jaejoong’s hand as he looked disapprovingly at Yunho. Yunho only rolled his eyes at Donghae.

“When is the food coming? I think if I stay in here longer, he’ll beat me into a pulp.” Yunho said.

“Well excuse me, who was the one who tried to choke me to death?” Jaejoong asked, glaring at Yunho.

“If I remember correctly, we were fine before you decide to punch me.” Yunho said, glaring back.

“Well whose idea was it to come near me like that?”

“You mean like this?” Once Yunho said that, he moved in on Jaejoong and trapped the man against the wall. Jaejoong’s eyes widened, hands immediately on Yunho’s chest to stop the man.

“Yunho. Move.” Jaejoong said, looking away when Yunho winked at him.

“Why so shy? We’re already married. We can do whatever we want. Together. Forever and Ow!”

“Knock it off, Yunho.” Donghae said after hitting Yunho with a hand fan.

“Sit down. We’re starting.” Yunho sighed, getting off Jaejoong. For a while, Jaejoong sees a hint of disappointment on Yunho’s face before it turned to Yunho’s serious expression on his face.

Donghae takes his seat on the opposite side of the table, staring at the two. He chuckled, seeing the two sitting uncomfortably beside each other. “There’s probably going to be a lot of fun in the palace from now on.” Donghae thought.

The palace maid brought in trays after trays of food placed in small servings. They laid the plates down on the table. Jaejoong looked on with high expectations, seeing braised beef and even whale meat on the table in front of him. Once everything was put into place, the palace maids bowed before leaving. Donghae cleared his throat, ready to do his part now.

“The royal couple shall eat together, starting with the rice wine followed by a sampling of one of the dishes and the rice.” Donghae instructed, hands politely pointing to the said dishes.

“Please enjoy your food.” Yunho takes his cup of rice wine, holding it in front of Jaejoong. The man shot him a look.

“What? It’s part of the tradition. The bride and groom feeds each other the first three bites.” Jaejoong looked at Donghae for confirmation and the man nod.

“It’s in the Book of Traditions. I’m sure Mr Lee told you that this is an important step in the wedding ritual.” Donghae said and Jaejoong just shrugged, drinking the rice wine from Yunho’s cup.

Once that was done, Yunho placed the cup on the table. Jaejoong grabs his and points it on Yunho’s lips. Yunho drinks it in one shot. Jaejoong puts the cup on the table as Yunho takes the chopstick instead.

“So which one do you want?” Yunho asked, gesturing for Jaejoong to choose what the man wants to eat.

“Umm...the beef fritter.” Jaejoong said, pointing to the beef that has been fried with a thin coat of batter. Yunho grabbed the said dish, feeding it to Jaejoong.

“I want that.” Yunho said, pointing to the whale meat that has been grilled.

“I thought you eat that every day.” Jaejoong said, tearing off the meat from the bone as he remembered seeing a documentary about royal dining.

“Contrary to everyone’s belief, no we don’t. We love whales. We don’t eat it unless the whale is bred from captivity.” Yunho said, opening his mouth as he waits for Jaejoong to finish tearing the meat apart. Jaejoong feeds the man a small piece of the meat before placing the chopstick back on the plate.

“For the rice, please use the rice from your own bowl to feed your partner.” Donghae said, reminding the couple. Both Yunho and Jaejoong hold on to their spoon before scooping some rice from their own rice bowl.

“Here.” They both said, holding their spoon to each other. Their mouths open as they eat the rice from the other’s spoon.

“Smile!” The two looked at Donghae who was snapping a picture while they freeze with their spoon still in each other’s mouth.

“Great picture.” Donghae said, flashing the picture to the two of them before stealthily keeping the phone in his pocket.

“Send that picture to me.” Yunho said and Jaejoong hit him on the side.

“Hey, you really need to stop that.”

“You’re not supposed to encourage him taking pictures of us.”

“Oh so it’s us now. Not me, myself and I?” Yunho asked, teasing Jaejoong.

“It was just the way of speaking. Don’t read too much into it.”

“Really? But I like us more than you and I.”

“He’s starting it again. Please stop him before I punch your precious prince.” Jaejoong warned.

“Stop it, Yunho.” Donghae said, shaking his head before clearing his throat.

“You may start your dinner. Please-”

“Finally!”

“PLEASE remain calm and eat slowly.” Donghae said, glaring at Yunho who had interrupted him.

Their dinner started, ending it with a quick dessert. The palace maid cleared the table, leaving the two men behind with Donghae.

“What’s next?” Yunho asked, already knowing the answer.

“Is it...the time to share a room?” He continued as Jaejoong gulped, knowing what that meant. He unconsciously cover up more, having his hands hold onto the seams of his clothes to make sure that no one can pry it open.

Just in case.

He looked at Yunho who was sporting a silly grin.

“Since you two are just barely legal, His Majesty had instructed that the sharing of a room will be postponed...until the time is right. For now, you will retreat back to your palace and rest. This is the end of the wedding ceremony. Please wait here while I get the car ready to transport you to the East Palace.” Donghae said, leaving the two of them alone.

“Well that was fun. Isn’t it, Jae?” Yunho asked, yawning.

He covered his mouth as he yawns before placing the hand down on the cushion. Jaejoong put his guard up when he felt Yunho’s hand on top of his hand. He relaxed himself as he sees Yunho leaning his head on the wall and close his eyes.

After awhile, Yunho opened one eye as he peeked at Jaejoong. The man has his eyes close too, mouth opened slightly. The lips move slightly as if saying something. Thinking that the man was sleep talking, Yunho slowly remove his hand before moving closer towards Jaejoong.

“...Min...Chang...Min…” Yunho felt something inside him, as if there was some sort of rage when he heard that name coming out from Jaejoong’s mouth.

“Wake up.” Yunho growled as he grabbed the man’s jaw, waking Jaejoong up. Jaejoong’s eyes opened, sees Yunho and immediately invoking a reaction.

In this case was a tight grip on Yunho’s nose.

Ow! Hey! Let go!” Yunho said, letting go of Jaejoong’s jaw as he grabbed the man’s wrist instead.

“Let go, damn it!” Yunho shouted, trying to pull the fingers off him. Jaejoong finally lets go, eyes wide open as he tries to process what had happened.

“What was that for?” Yunho asked.

“Donghae blocked me from punching you just now. I figured I shouldn’t do that again. What were you doing so near me?” Jaejoong asked, rubbing his sore jaw from Yunho’s tight hold.

“Your Highness.” The two looked to the door that had just opened. Donghae walked in, took one look at the two of them before sighing.

“I left you guys for ten minutes. Just ten minutes but you two have to start fighting again.” Donghae said, shaking his head.

“Come on. We’re going.” The butler continued, hands pointing to the door. Jaejoong stands up quickly, following Donghae.

Yunho followed too, letting Jaejoong to get on the car first. The car drives through the city, going to the other end where the main palace is. Jaejoong massaged his jaw, still feeling Yunho’s hold on it.

“Did something happened? But I was just sleeping…” Jaejoong wondered to himself as he continue to rub his hands on his chin. He got startled when he felt a warm hand holding onto his chin.

“Did it hurt? Sorry.” Yunho apologised. Jaejoong felt Yunho’s fingers grazing on his chin softly.

“Well at least we’re equals now.”

“Meaning?”

“You’re still not healed yet.” Jaejoong stated. He had spotted the way Yunho had cried out when Donghae placed his hand on Yunho’s back.

“Yeah. Equals then.” Yunho concluded.

“Why did you do it? I didn’t do anything. I was sleeping. You were sleeping too.” Jaejoong said, curiosity hitting him.

“And...I’m going to sleep.” Yunho said, turning away.

“Hey, I explained myself. You should do it too. I thought we were supposed to be friends.”

“No Jaejoong.”

“What? Not fair. Yunho.”

“No Jae.” Yunho said, blocking out the noises coming from Jaejoong.

“Yunho…”

“Jae. Really. No. Now shut up.” Yunho said, looking at Jaejoong straight into his eyes before looking away again when Jaejoong has kept quiet.

 

 


Thank you for the comments, everyone! As promised, a new chapter here. Hope you had fun reading it!