The Stuck And The Missing

Our Royal Hours

The next morning, Yunho woke up by himself on the bed.

“Junsu?” Yunho called, sitting up as he stretched himself. The said man came out from the bathroom, fresh from his shower.

“Good morning, honey.” Junsu greeted, walking towards him. Yunho smiled as Junsu stand between his legs before giving Yunho a kiss.

“Hmm...I can totally get used to this.” Yunho said, when he felt Junsu’s hands pulling him closer.

They were then interrupted by a knock on the door before Donghae walked in. His eyes sees Yunho who was shirtless, sitting on the bed with Junsu standing between him before his smile came on his face.

“Good morning, Yunho. I am just here to remind you that you have a press conference that you need to go at noon. It’s regarding the agreement for a new organisation to help the needy people set up by the royal families in the world. This is an important event so please don’t miss it. Over some trivial matter like Junsu leaving.” Donghae mumbled the last sentence.

“What?” Yunho asked as he didn’t catch what Donghae had said at the end.

“Nothing Sir. Please take your shower and then we can get ready.”

“About that…” Yunho said, pushing Junsu away slightly before standing in front of Donghae.

“I need some time to send Junsu to the airport.”

Donghae shut his eyes for a few seconds as he tried to calm himself down. He opened his eyes again, fire in his eyes.

“Yunho, I told you this is an important event. You’ve missed all the other meetings. You have to attend-No, you MUST attend this press conference.”

“I know I know...just let me send Junsu to the airport first then I’ll come back here. Just a fast one. Twenty minutes top.” Yunho said and Donghae sigh.

“Great! Thanks, Donghae.” Yunho said as Donghae stared at him with his mouth open.

“I didn’t even say you could go.”

“Your sigh said yes. Alright that’s it. Walk away.” Yunho said, turning around to look at Junsu but Donghae hold him.

“Yunho, if you don’t go for this press conference, they WILL ask questions. So you better get your on the seat by noon. Or so help me God, I won’t be able to help you cover up.” Donghae said, releasing Yunho before leaving the room.

“I guess we have to hurry then.” Yunho said, heading to the bathroom for a quick shower. As Yunho shower, Junsu takes out his phone.

“Yunho is heading to the airport with me. Be there to get those pictures if you want to save your job.” Junsu typed into his phone, sending it to a number that was not saved.

“Be there by noon, Yunho. Remember that.” Donghae reminded the Crown Prince again when he was getting ready to send Junsu to the airport.

“I get it. Don’t need to nag, Donghae.” Yunho said, looking inside the car where Junsu is waiting.

“Yunho, you might want to know that Jaejoong has been calling me. He said you didn’t answer his call.”

“Yeah about that. You did tell him I was busy, right?” Yunho asked.

“Yes Sir.”

“Good. What has he been doing? Dongwook said that he went to reconcile some stuff on Saturday.” Yunho said, remembering the reporter’s words.

“I believe that is when he met his father in a spa, courtesy of the Queen. Also, yesterday he was in the Kim’s Mansion and studying with Heechul. And Changmin. And Yoochun.” Donghae said, intentionally pointing out that Jaejoong met with Changmin.

“Wait, why is he with those two?” Yunho asked, feeling that Jaejoong shouldn’t have been with them. To Yunho, Changmin was dangerous.

"What were the guards thinking?" Yunho thought to himself.

“Because they were studying together? Yunho, you’re going to be late if you don’t go now.”

“But-”

“Go.” Donghae said, urging him to get inside the car. Yunho reluctantly left with Junsu, driving the car to the airport.

Just as Yunho had predicted, they reached the airport in ten minutes. He brought Junsu’s luggage out before Junsu went to check in with the flight. Yunho stood in one corner before he was offered a cup of coffee.

“I guess I’ll see you on Wednesday?” Junsu asked, standing in front of him.

“Maybe.” Yunho said, looking around to make sure he wasn’t followed by any reporters.

“The weekend was great. We should do it again.” Junsu said, getting close to Yunho.

“I can arrange that. Until next time then.” Yunho said, leaning closer before kissing Junsu again. This time, Junsu had his arms wrapped around Yunho’s neck as they kiss for a while. Yunho finally lets go, making some distance between them.

“I’m going to go first. Bye.” Yunho said, smiling at the man.

Once Yunho had left the airport, Junsu was approached by someone wearing a cap and a mask. He even had sunglasses on to cover his eyes.

“I don’t get it. You two are a couple and you want to publicly announce that he’s cheating?” Junsu’s smile disappeared, giving the man a glance before looking away.

“My intention is my own secret. Make sure you have it anonymous.” Junsu said.

“Yes yes…”

“Sorry about your camera yesterday. I would have bought you a new one but I don’t think that’s part of Yoochun’s deal with you.”  

“That’s alright. I have what I need anyway.” The man said before leaving, wanting to trail Yunho again.

On the other hand, the Crown Prince was stuck. Of course, in a traffic jam.

“Maybe sending Junsu to the airport might not have a been a good idea after all.” Yunho mumbled to himself. He looked down to his phone.

He had fifteen minutes left till noon but Donghae is already calling him every two minutes. Yunho knew better than to answer the call. The butler will just start nagging about Yunho’s stubborn decision to go to the airport.

Yunho sighed once again, shaking his head as he tried to look what was going on in the traffic in front of him. Finally giving up, Yunho get down from his car.

“Is there something wrong?” He asked one of the other drivers.

“They said that there’s a car pile up in front. I don’t think we will move anytime soon. Wait...aren’t you-”

“Thank you.” Yunho hurriedly said, knowing that the man had recognised him. Yunho decides to choose a different way, abandoning his car after taking his phone.

This time, he has to answer Donghae’s call.

“You’re stuck in a traffic jam, aren’t you?”

“I know. I’m sorry but I don’t know where to go now.” Yunho said, walking straight on the pavement.

“Thankfully for you, Yunho. Your butler loves you. We’re tracking you via satellite.”

“You told people about me?”

“I said the Crown Prince went to go and buy a souvenir for his consort. Walk straight until the second intersection. Then, turn left. You’ll see a silver building. There is a helipad on it and a helicopter is on its way to get you.” Donghae said, calling for one of the guards to get Yunho’s suit to the waiting room instead of Yunho’s hotel room.

“Make it double the time. I’m running.” Yunho said, dropping his phone into his shirt pocket before breaking into a sprint.

“Get the heli there now.” Donghae said, communicating with the pilot on another phone.

He looked to the clock. Yunho has ten minutes to get dressed and be ready for the press.

Luckily, Yunho will be introduced as the last royal so Donghae has time for Yunho to hurry. A call came in on Donghae’s phone and the man groaned.

“Why are you calling now, of all times.” Donghae said before answering the call.

“Good day, Your Highness.”

“Hey Donghae. Is Yunho there?” Jaejoong asked. He just ended his test, ready to go for his horse riding class.

Of course, that meant he was to stay in his room in school and not to the stables behind the school.

“Yunho...he’s preparing for the press conference. Quite busy actually. How is your test, Jaejoong?” Donghae asked, trying to change the topic. Jaejoong sighed as one of the guards open the door for him.

“It went well. I think Mr Shim made an easier test. Compared to the previous one. Although lucky you, you get to skip the retest.” Jaejoong said, plopping himself down on the couch as he turns on the TV.

“Well I have my duties to perform, Sir. Would you like to leave any message for the Prince?”

“Umm no. Just...uhh...ask him to call me back when he’s free.” Jaejoong said, flicking the channels as he absentmindedly watch the TV.

Back in the waiting room in Jeju, Donghae was in a panic after hanging up on Jaejoong. The press conference has already started but Yunho is not even here.

“Sir, His Highness is here.” Donghae almost cheered loudly when the bodyguard said that.

“Strip now!” Donghae said, pushing Yunho into a makeshift changing room that had his military uniform inside already.

“How late am I?” “If you change your clothes at a slow rate, you’re going to be late by two minutes.” Donghae said, looking out at the press conference. They were already showing Yunho’s introductory video.

“Yunho, hurry up!” Donghae said in a panic, thinking that he had miscalculated and Yunho is really late now.

“I’m done. I’m done.” Yunho quickly replied back, coming out from the changing room. Donghae takes a glance through at Yunho, from top to bottom before nodding.

“Alright he’s ready.” Donghae announced and the guards take up position.

Yunho stood behind the door leading to the press conference. He was wearing his soldier’s uniform, a nod to his military training.

“Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome His Royal Highness, the Crown Prince Jung Yunho.” The emcee said before the guards open the door for the Prince.

Yunho takes a deep breath before walking to the table in front. His strides were powerful and balanced as he gives a confident smile to the camera. He takes his place in the middle of the table, bowed before sitting.

“We will now commence the signing of the agreement between the royal families.” The emcee announced before the representatives of the royal families start signing a document.

Yunho signed the document before passing it over to the person beside him as the emcee continue explaining the details of the agreement. They finished signing the agreement before standing up, hands held together as they pose for pictures. The panel was then open for questions once they have settled down in their seats again.

Many reporters were asking about the plans for the new collaboration until one special reporter gets selected to ask him questions.

“The consort to the Crown Prince was supposed to be here too. Can we know the reason why he’s missing from the panel?” Dongwook asked, smirking as he held out a voice recorder.

“My partner is in Seoul. I believe he’s having his retest now. We decided to split for this weekend so he can focus on his studies.” Then, there were murmurs of Jaejoong being some sort of an imbecile.

“Don’t get me wrong. Jaejoong is a very smart person. He had to do a retest because I made him stay up the night before the test.” Yunho continued. There were cat calls coming from the crowd of reporters and Yunho smiled, shrugging at them playfully as he entertains them. The press conference went on as more questions were posed to the panel.

“Splitting for the first time after your marriage, did you leave any messages for your partner?” Another reporter questioned, again getting Yunho to answer.

“Well I did definitely.” Yunho replied.

“Why don’t you give us a snippet of what you say?”

“Oh no.” Donghae mumbled to himself.

He knew Yunho was definitely lying. After all, if the Crown Prince didn’t lie, Jaejoong won’t be calling his butler to get to Yunho.

“Why don’t I send him a message here? In front all of you.” Yunho suggested instead. The man has to think fast, giving a fake smile as the emcee told him to look into the camera that was streaming live.

Yunho cleared his throat, brain trying to come up with something to say. He look into the camera, flashing another smile.

“Jaejoong...are you taking care of yourself? It’s been two days since I’ve seen you. The last time was when you were sleeping when I’m supposed to leave for Jeju. I’ll be back soon and I miss you.” Yunho said, quickly ending it with another smile.

“Do you actually expect me to believe that?” Jaejoong said as Yunho waves at him through the television screen. He grabs a tissue box near him before throwing it at the screen.

He had stumbled on the press conference...

Well actually, he was finding for it. But now, Jaejoong had regretted it.

The fact that Yunho had said that he had left messages for Jaejoong made him furious. The man didn’t even send a wrong message or a typo to Jaejoong’s phone.

“Your Highness, would you like some lunch?” The bodyguard said, showing the time when Jaejoong had asked for it.

“I don’t feel like eating. Can I just skip school?”

“Your Highness, you know you can’t do that. It won’t put-”

“A great image on me.” Jaejoong said, interrupting the man.

“I know…” Jaejoong continued as he sigh again. There was a knock on the door and the other bodyguards stand up in alert.

“Hey Jaejoong.”

“Open the door.” Jaejoong lazily said. After all, it was just Changmin.

The boy was harmless. That’s what he thought.

“Hey it’s lunchtime now. Did you eat already?” Changmin asked as soon as he comes in.

“Nah...I don’t have the mood to eat. What are you planning to eat?” Jaejoong asked and Changmin smirked. He gets closer, whispering into Jaejoong’s ear.

“I’m planning to go to the Lover’s Bakery. Want to join?” Jaejoong immediately lightened up, a bright smile on his face before turning back to his sad Jaejoong position.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“I can’t go.” Jaejoong mumbled, pointing to his bodyguards.

“Come on...you’re a royal now. They have to follow what you say.” Changmin said, urging Jaejoong to follow him.

“Alright.” Jaejoong said in a heartbeat.

“Boys, we’re going to Lover’s Bakery.” Jaejoong announced, taking his bag before Changmin pulled him out of the room. The bodyguards didn’t say anything, following the two from behind.

“Your Highness, the car is this way.” One of the bodyguards said, pointing to the other direction where Jaejoong is going with Changmin.

“But my car is parked that way. Why don’t you meet us at the gate then?” Changmin suggested and Jaejoong dismissed the guards to go to their car.

“Come on. Let’s hurry and get out of here before they can catch us.” Changmin said, starting to run.

Jaejoong starts laughing as they run off to Changmin’s car. Changmin drive the car out of the school, speeding over the speed limit as soon as they were out of the school compound.

“How was horse riding?” Jaejoong asked, looking at Changmin.

“The same thing. Though it’s more fun when it’s with you. They should really let you come back to the class.”

“Well with how things are going on, it’s not good for me to be outside in public.”

“I’m glad I take you away then.” Changmin said, smiling at Jaejoong.

“Definitely. Thanks, Min. You’re the best.” Jaejoong said, kissing the man on the cheek.

The guards were nowhere to be seen when they reached the bakery. Though Jaejoong’s phone has been ringing non-stop.

“Just turn it off, Jae. Even if you put in silent, they will keep calling you.” Changmin said as they take their seat in the small bakery.

“Never mind. Buy me cake, Changmin.” Jaejoong said, trying to be cute on the man. Changmin rolled his eyes before heading to the counter. A few minutes later, he came back with a tray full of desserts and two glasses of plain water.

“Wow...all for me?” Jaejoong asked. He just wanted his favourite, This Chocolate Cake, but Changmin has went out of his way to buy four more pastries.

“Nope. You get this one. The others are for me.” Changmin said, placing the slice of This Chocolate Cake in front of Jaejoong.

“I should have known.” Jaejoong said, about to dig in when Changmin stop him.

“Let’s take a picture first.” Changmin said, pulling out his phone. Jaejoong smile for the camera and Changmin turned to kiss Jaejoong’s cheek before snapping the picture.

“There.” Changmin said, looking at the picture. Jaejoong sat there, his hand on his cheek where Changmin had left his mark on him.

“Changmin, you can’t do that again.” Jaejoong said.

“Hmm…” The man replied, not looking at Jaejoong and instead looking at the picture.

“Changmin. I said you can’t do that again. Do you hear me?” Changmin finally looked at Jaejoong.

“You did it to me first. I’m just returning the favour.” Changmin said.

“Ok then. If I unconsciously do it again, remind me not to. I’m married now.”

“Yes yes…” Changmin replied before telling Jaejoong to start eating.

So did Yunho call you today?” Changmin asked. Jaejoong was halfway into his cake and Changmin was almost finishing his third cake.

“I don’t know and I don’t care.” Jaejoong stubbornly said.

“What did he do now?”

“He said on live TV that he had left messages for me. Obviously that’s a lie.” Jaejoong said, sticking his fork into the cake and almost destroying it.

“Well it is a press conference. You have to fake it sometimes and-”

“Your Highness!” The two boys looked behind and sees six men in black suits running towards them.

“We’ve been looking for you.”

“Why? I thought I told you that we’re going to Lover’s Bakery.” Jaejoong said.

“Yes but it is not on your schedule so we were not sure. And your driver clearly ditched us back there. Due to that, we have informed Yejin about you being missing.”

“But I wasn’t missing!” Jaejoong insisted, seeing the problem now.

If Yejin knows about it, she will activate more guards to look for Jaejoong and the King and Queen can know about it. Even worse, she could call Donghae and Yunho will know about it too.

“We have to leave now, Sir.” The bodyguard said, pulling Jaejoong up.

“Ow…”

“Hey, there’s no need to force him.” Changmin said, holding onto Jaejoong’s hand.

“Let go, son.” An older bodyguard said, hand placed on Changmin’s shoulder.

“Let go.” The man repeated, this time applying pressure on the boy’s shoulder. Changmin immediately lets go, knowing full well what the guard had meant. Jaejoong is no longer available for Changmin to go out with. Nor spend time with.

“Move out.” The older bodyguard said, securing Jaejoong. The royal was pushed into a car before they head back.

“Where are we going?” Jaejoong asked Yejin who was waiting for him in the car.

“Back to the Palace, Your Highness. The Queen wants to have an audience with you.” Jaejoong grimaced at the thought of that. He knew he was in trouble now and shouldn’t have followed Changmin.

“He’s missing? How the hell did that happen?!” Yunho shouted at Donghae.

Yunho had just ended the press conference and was back in his hotel room when his butler had given him the news after Donghae had received a call from Seoul.

“For someone who didn’t answer His Highness call, you seem very worried, Sir.” Donghae said.

“My question, Donghae. Answer it.” Yunho said, glaring at the man.

“I don’t know all the details. But from what the guards fill me in on, His Highness left with his friend to go to the Lover’s Bakery. Then they disappeared after the guards waited for them outside the school.”

“Shim Changmin.” Yunho spat out the man’s name, knowing that Jaejoong’s friend was definitely the said man.

“How dare he? The moment I’m gone, he went for Changmin. Wow, Jaejoong. What a guy.” Oh the irony…


Man...you guys really dislike Yunho. Don't worry, he's going to get his karma bigtime. 

Hope you had fun reading!