When Daddy Dearest Drops The Bomb On Jaejoong

Our Royal Hours

Walking into the familiar office he had grown up in, Jaejoong tried to resist letting out a sigh seeing those blank grey walls once again.

 

It’s not that he hates working in his father’s office but when you are practically there for so many hours, people tend to get bored with it. Just like Jaejoong.

 

“Changmin, you mind stepping outside for awhile?” Jaejoong immediately puts his focus on his father.

 

“Why must he leave?” Jaejoong asked as Changmin nods, wondering as to why he had to leave the room when he was usually welcome in it.

 

“It’s a father and son talk from now on, Jaejoong ah.” Kangwoo said.

 

Changmin decided that it is better for him to leave before anything bad happens. Seeing the door close behind him, Jaejoong immediately rush towards his father.

 

“Dad, why must he leave? What’s going on? Is the company in trouble? Or did YOU get into trouble? It’s not because you found my real parents and is sending me back to them, right?” Jaejoong almost crack his voice at the end of what he said. Kangwoo just chuckled seeing how his son almost got into a panic attack.

 

“Come on. Sit down and we can talk about it.” Jaejoong whined, listening to how Kangwoo had calmly told him to sit down when he is already freaking out.

 

“Should I get you a drink?” Kangwoo asked but Jaejoong just huffed, his arms folding across his chest.

 

“This isn’t you, dad. Get to the point.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Alright. Sit here. Let me just get something from my safe.” Kangwoo finally said, standing up before walking to the safe.

 

Unlocking it, he took out a white envelope before sitting back down with Jaejoong.

 

“What’s that?” Jaejoong asked, his curiosity killing him especially when his father was so tight-lipped about it.

 

“Your grandfather’s will.” Kangwoo answered, taking out a letter from the envelope.

 

“But I thought our lawyer read it the week after he died eleven years ago. Didn’t he?”

 

“This...your grandfather specifically told me not to read it to you before you turn 19.” That sentence piece together all the queries that Jaejoong had.

 

“No dad. You know I’m not ready for a business marriage. Dad, come on! This is like the 21st century. Why are we still having arranged marriages? Plus, don’t you know I’m gay? I can’t marry that girl. She won’t be happy and if she isn’t happy, what will happen? We’ll get a divorce. Then, everything that we exchanged for with their company is gone. Lost!”

 

Jaejoong took a deep breath right after he had said that. He had already predicted this coming but he didn’t know it was going to be this nerve-wrecking.

 

“Are we really going to do this?” Jaejoong continued, pouting slightly at his father.

 

“Sorry, Jaejoong. It’s what your grandfather said. Let’s read together, alright?” Jaejoong gets near his father, leaning in to rest his head on Kangwoo’s shoulder.

 

The older man took out a folded paper from the envelope before breathing in deeply.

 

“To my dear son Kangwoo, I have made a promise to my old friend. An old friend of great status. I would like it if you could fulfil this promise for me. Kangwoo ah, my time with Jaejoong was short. However, I know he will be a great man in the future and that was why I agreed to you adopting him two years ago. My promise, Kangwoo ah. Please convince your son to accept this promise.” Kangwoo stopped reading, folding the paper immediately. Jaejoong looked at him confusingly.

 

“What’s wrong? Why aren’t you continuing? What promise was he talking about? Dad!” Jaejoong shouted when Kangwoo didn’t say anything.

 

Unable to wait anymore, Jaejoong grabbed the paper from his father’s hand before reading out loud the remaining content of the letter.

 

“The promise I made was between me and the king. Our two grandchildren will marry each other once they both turn 19. What?!” Jaejoong screamed, the paper thrown to the floor as he looked at his father who had went silent.

 

Changmin had walked into the office at that point of time, worried for the two of them since he heard Jaejoong shouting. Kangwoo hold onto Jaejoong’s hand, signalling to his son not to say anything about it. Jaejoong close his eyes, trying to calm himself down.

 

Once he was sure that he had conceal all his anger, Jaejoong opened back his eyes.

 

“I’m going back to school. I have training later. Let’s go, Changmin ah.” Jaejoong said, placing the letter he had snatched on the coffee table before pulling Changmin out.

 

“What happened?” Changmin asked once they were in the car.

 

“As you have predicted. A new business proposal.” The other man replied simply, crossing his arms as he just looked straight.

 

“It’s that bad, huh?” Changmin chuckled as he started driving.

 

“You don’t want to know, Changmin.” Jaejoong concluded and that ended their conversation in the car.

 

Arriving at school, Jaejoong got out of the car before heading into the school building.

 

“Um, Jae?” The said man stopped, turning to look at Changmin who was standing by the car.

 

“From what I remember, which I know that I remembered clearly, our training is in the stables which is in the other way.” Changmin said, pointing to his left.

 

“Give me a reason as to why I should go when I’m in a crisis right now?” Jaejoong asked, clearly showing that he was upset with the news he got in the office.

 

“I’ll take that as you skipping class. Will you be alright alone? I’ll tell Heechul to get you on the rooftop once we’re done with it, alright?” Changmin said, walking towards Jaejoong before hugging him tight.

 

“You know, if the problem is too big and you need someone to talk to about it, I’m always here for you, Jae. Really. Maybe I can figure something out for you.” The tall man said, smiling warmly at Jaejoong.

 

“Well, can you marry me then?” Jaejoong asked bluntly.

 

“Other than forcing myself to live with you for the rest of my life. As much as I love you so much Jae, you clearly told me not to be with you.” Changmin immediately replied which made Jaejoong to pout.

 

“Go and sort out your thoughts. I’ll handle the other stuff.” Changmin continued before leaving Jaejoong alone.

 

Turning back to face the school building, Jaejoong started to climb the stairs leading to the rooftop slowly. He ignored the stares coming from the other students and teachers as Jaejoong’s only focus was just to get to the rooftop so that he can sit down somewhere quiet. Pushing open the rooftop door, Jaejoong breathe in the air slightly before walking to find a place to sit.

 

Turning one corner, he almost walk in to somebody’s conversation. Hiding back behind the wall, Jaejoong peered out only to see who were the two guys talking to each other.

 

“Jung Yunho? Junsu?”