I Like You

Our Royal Hours

Now when did I say Yunho was going to look for Junsu? Relax guys...

Hope you have fun reading this one!

 


 

Yunho head to the slide in the room, knowing full well that it goes straight to Jaejoong’s room. He got down without a noise before tip-toeing towards the bed. He sees Jaejoong already asleep, letting out a soft snore now and then.

 

Yunho knew if he didn't meet Junsu tonight, the boy will make sure that Yunho regret his decision.

 

Sighing, Yunho sat down on the bed. He place his phone on the small table before lying down beside Jaejoong. His hand reach out for Jaejoong, wrapping his arm around the man’s waist. Yunho felt Jaejoong move and the Prince get closer.

 

“Yunho…”

 

“I'm sorry.” Yunho mumbled, voice so soft that only the two of them could hear.

 

“For what?”

 

“For everything.”

 

“Just sleep.” Jaejoong said, after turning around to look at Yunho.

 

“Have a good dream, Kim Jaejoong.”

 

Yunho expected a noisy morning but he was only woken up by a call from his phone. Jaejoong was sound asleep, head resting on Yunho’s chest. Yunho reach out for his phone, answering the call after seeing it was from his butler.

 

“Good morning, Donghae.” Yunho greeted, making sure that his voice didn't wake Jaejoong up.

 

“Sir, we have a problem.”

 

“That doesn't sound good.” Yunho sensed that Donghae’s call is about someone trying to infiltrate the mansion and the Prince immediately tighten his hold on the sleeping Jaejoong.

 

“I've send you a link to a news article in my text message. I think you will understand once you see it.” Donghae said before hanging up.

 

Yunho looked at his phone, seeing that there were messages from Junsu and Donghae. He pressed the ones from Junsu first.

 

Sender: Kim Junsu

Time: 25/03/2015 23:25:11

 

I waited, Yunho. But you didn't come. I'm sorry but I have to do this.  

 

“What the hell is he talking about?” Yunho mumbled to himself, having a bad feeling about this.

He clicked on the link that Donghae had sent him and everything was put into place.

 

The Prince And The Affair: An Exclusive With Kim Junsu.

 

“Junsu, you idiot.” Yunho muttered.

He didn't have to read the whole article because the man knew what it was about. Junsu had finally confirmed his relationship with Yunho, something that they have both decided to keep a secret so Junsu won't get harassed by the reporters.

Yunho looked to Jaejoong before slowly getting up, replacing himself with a pillow for Jaejoong to lean on. He walked out to the garden where the guards had set up their mobile command unit.

“Sir, good morning.” Donghae greeted, allowing Yunho entrance to the makeshift tent.

“When was this released?” Yunho asked as soon as he was inside.

“This morning from a tabloid newspaper.” Donghae said, offering the Prince a newspaper.

“Did the Palace say anything?”

“Currently, the palace officials are denying the report, saying that your relationship with Junsu were only just close friends. They are still waiting your confirmation on what you want to say. I would suggest denying it but an hour ago, these pictures were faxed to the Palace.” Donghae explained, showing Yunho the laptop where photos of Yunho and Junsu walking around in Jeju Island, including their kiss in the airport.

“These are pictures from Dongwook. He was the only one who saw us together there.”

“The sender threatened us that if we don’t say the truth, he will release these photos. What do you want to do?” The butler asked.

“I can’t risk losing Jaejoong because of this. For now, release a statement saying that I was out with him because he is a friend that came to meet me there. Emphasise on the fact that I went for my royal duties instead.” Yunho replied.

“What about Junsu?”

“Get a bodyguard for Junsu. ”

“And Jaejoong?”

“Keep these from him. I don’t want him to be worried about something like this. That’s all.” Yunho concluded, walking out of the tent.

He sees the guards look at him, himself feeling that the bodyguards were looking at him with disgust. The man cleared his throat, heading back inside the building. He walk passed the study, seeing Kangwoo.

“Don’t call me.” Yunho repeated to himself but he stopped immediately when he heard his name being called.

Yes Sir?” What came as a reply was just a slap in his face. Yunho’s face hardened but he himself knew that it was his fault.

“I’m sorry, Sir. I apologise for my friend’s conduct.”

“Oh so you know what this is about.” Kangwoo said.

“I believe you are referring to the news article.” Yunho grimly said, the sting from the pain not subsiding.

“Don’t make me do what I said, Jung Yunho. You will regret it once I take my son away from you.” He sees Kangwoo look behind before walking away.

Feeling a presence behind him, Yunho turned. The smile immediately appear, seeing Jaejoong looking at him with his eyes full of curiosity.

“What did my dad ask you about?”

“Nothing. Just normal father-in-law and son-in-law talk.” Yunho replied. Jaejoong poke the reddened cheek and the man winced.

“He slapped you, didn’t he? God...this old man.” Jaejoong mumbled to himself, wanting to confront his dad about it.

“Jae, it’s alright. I deserved it. I…”

“What is it?” Jaejoong asked, seeing Yunho look guilty all of a sudden.

“This morning, an article was released. Junsu apparently told a reporter that I am together with him.”

“Well that’s not true.”

“I know...but your father warned me that if anything happen to you, he will take you away from me.”

“Alright, that’s it.” Jaejoong said, upset that Kangwoo had gone on to threaten Yunho without Jaejoong’s knowledge.

Yunho reach out his hand, wanting to catch Jaejoong but his partner was quick to head to Kangwoo’s room.

“Dad, I need to talk to you.”

“Jae, it’s alright.” Yunho said, walking over to him.

“No it’s not. Yunho, stay out. Dad!” Jaejoong called, knocking on the door.

“It was partly my fault. Just leave it.”

Jaejoong turned the knob, pushing it open.

“You stay outside. I’m going to talk to him.” Jaejoong said, entering the room. He closed the door behind him, heading further inside.

“Don’t start on me.”

“Oh, I am going to start. I told you to leave it alone, Dad.”

“He has an affair, Jaejoong. I think it’s my right to do something about it.” Kangwoo argued.

“No it’s not. I told you, daddy. I will handle it.” The older Kim sigh, seeing how his son is standing by Yunho after all.

“What is it that made you so sure about handling it?”

“Because I trust him.” Jaejoong said, stating the obvious. “I trust him, Dad. So please, don’t worry about it.”

The two held their sharp eyes on each other before Kangwoo relented.

“Fine. I’m not going to bother him but if I think that something is wrong or my son is in danger because of him, I’m taking you away.”

“Deal. Now until then, stay away from him.” Jaejoong said, walking out. Yunho was waiting for him outside.

“It’s done.” Jaejoong smile but Yunho had a frown on him. “What?”

“I told you it was alright. You didn’t have to fight with him.” Yunho said, not wanting to be the cause of discord between Jaejoong and his father. He knows the both of them are close unlike Yunho’s relationship with the King.

“No problem with that. Come on, let’s find some breakfast. I’m hungry.”

“Don’t you want to shower first?” Yunho asked as he lets Jaejoong drags him to the kitchen.

“Hungry.” Jaejoong replied, letting go of the hand as he head to the kitchen first.

Yunho slowly walked to the kitchen, leaning against the doorframe as he sees Jaejoong busy himself with food.

“Jae?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you not upset? Disappointed with me?”

You want toast?” Jaejoong asked, clearly avoiding the question.

“Yes please.”

There was silence between them as Yunho waited for an answer from Jaejoong. The man didn’t reply so Yunho ask again.

“Jae, you didn’t answer my question.” This time, the man didn’t say anything. Yunho finally walk over to his partner, demanding attention.

“Jaejoong, talk to me.”

“Any drinks for you? Coffee or tea?”

“Jaejoong, I’m sorry. I never thought Junsu would do something like that. There was no need for you to stand up for me.” Yunho would have continued talking but his mouth was blocked by a slice of toast that Jaejoong had put in as Yunho talked.

“I trust you. Whatever you do or did, I’m going to trust that you will tell me about it.” Jaejoong said, gave Yunho a smile before they head back to Jaejoong’s bedroom on the second floor.

“We should get ready soon. I’m going to shower then I’ll prepare your clothes.” Jaejoong said, eating the toast as he goes through the wardrobe.

“Nevermind...found it!” Jaejoong shouted from the wardrobe, coming out with two identical school uniforms.

“So the bathroom is that way. I think you can dress yourself, right? Or do you usually get Donghae to dress you like a Ken doll?” Yunho chuckled after hearing what Jaejoong said.

“You’re like a personal nanny. I can do everything myself, Jae. I was a boy scout once.”

“A boy scout? You?”

“Yeah but I don’t mind you undressing me.” Yunho said, grinning like a silly boy.

“I’m going to shower.” Jaejoong said, taking the empty plate and his uniform before going down the slide.

Once Jaejoong is ready, he walked out of his dressing room. Yunho was sitting on his bed, finishing up much faster than Jaejoong.

Though something was wrong...

“You’re not going to go out like that, right?”

“Help me, please.” Yunho grinned, standing up. Jaejoong shakes his head, deciding to play along.

“I should be called your nanny, not partner.” Jaejoong said, buttoning Yunho’s shirt.

“Wife.” Yunho stated.

“Hmm?”

“Wife sounds better. My wife.” Yunho claimed, hands going around Jaejoong’s waist and pulling him closer.

“Jung Yunho’s wife. Sounds good to me.” Jaejoong replied and finishing his task before looking up, eyes meeting Yunho.

“Uh huh...my wife.” Yunho recited, his voice dropping a note.

“We’re going to be late for school.” Jaejoong mumbled although his hands were not pushing Yunho away.

“School can wait.”

“That’s right.”

“I’m always right.” Yunho whispered, head leaning forward.

Jaejoong closed his eyes, feeling his lips pressed on by Yunho’s lips. Their lips move in unison, both not wanting to let go. Jaejoong was the first one who pulled back but Yunho let out a low growl.

“Not enough.” Yunho said, kissing Jaejoong again as the Prince on Jaejoong’s lower lips.

“Mmm...Yunho…”

“That's it...”

“No...your phone.” Jaejoong push the man away. “Your phone is ringing, Yunho.”

“Forget about it.” Yunho said, wanting to resume but Jaejoong stopped him.

“It’s important if somebody is calling you.” Yunho rolled his eyes, reaching out for his phone in his pocket.

He took it out, the phone vibrating in silence. One look at the name and Yunho sigh.

Jaejoong, being curious, looks at it too. He concealed his sigh as his eyes move to Yunho, wanting to see what his move will be. Yunho didn’t know what to do. He was torn between answering the call to find out more and taking care of Jaejoong’s feelings.

Jaejoong removed his hands from Yunho but the man immediately pull Jaejoong closer.

“No Jae…” Yunho’s eyes were teary, feeling the desperation of seeing Jaejoong looking hurt and heartbroken again.

“Answer it. He may have a reason for doing that interview. I’ll wait in the car.” Jaejoong replied, giving a small smile before leaving the room after taking their bags.

Yunho could almost see his partner shrinking in size as his shoulders droop. The Prince looked back at his phone, finally answering it. Yunho waited for the other person to say something but they only shared breaths.

“If you’re not going to say anything, you shouldn’t have called, Kim Junsu.” Yunho said bitterly, walking out to the garden.

His eyes look to the entrance where the car is waiting for the couple, where Jaejoong is waiting for him.

“I told you, Yunho.”

“Yeah, I realise now that I should have listened to you.” Yunho heard Junsu laugh and that made the royal irritated and annoyed.

“Why are you doing this? We both decided not to tell the public about us.”

“I had to. You were gone, Yunho.”

“I said I was busy. You wouldn’t have done this in the past. You always gave me space when I am busy. Why can’t you do it now?”

“Because times are different now. You’re always with Jaejoong these days. You promised me to come whenever I call you but you never did.”

“I needed space!”

“Space by youself? Or with Jaejoong?”

“I-” Yunho stops himself, not wanting to hurt the man.

“You’ve forgotten about me. You left me all alone. What am I supposed to do? There was only one way to get you back.”

“By telling the public? That’s dangerous. For me and for you. Especially you.” Yunho said, starting to pace around.

“So now what do you want me to do? The article is already out.”

“Stay home. Reporters will be coming down knocking on your door. I’ve told Donghae to send over a bodyguard for you.”

“I don’t want that.”

“Junsu, listen to me. The bodyguard is there to keep you safe. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I don’t want it. If I have a bodyguard, I won’t be able to come near you anymore but that’s the point, isn’t it? You put a bodyguard on me so he will pull me away from you.”

“Don’t say that.”

“That’s enough. I’m hanging up.”

“Kim Junsu!” Yunho screamed into his phone, annoyed that the man was not following what Yunho had said.

“I wonder what he is talking about with Junsu.” Jaejoong mumbled to himself, seeing Yunho so agitated in the garden.

“Is it so difficult for you to leave him?” Jaejoong asked, eyes fixed on the royal who seemed to calm down as Yunho walked towards the car. Jaejoong sniffed, realising that there were a few stray tears on his cheek. He wiped it dry, looking away when Yunho gets on the car.

“We can go now.” Yunho told the driver, himself not wanting to say anything more. The two shared the peace in the car but Yunho find the dead silence to be unsettling.

“Jae?”

“Hmm yeah?” Jaejoong responded, looking at the man who had just called him.

As soon as Yunho looked into Jaejoong’s eyes, he knew he has made a mistake for answering Junsu’s call. Jaejoong was clearly upset about it and Yunho wanted to apologise for it.

“If you’re thinking of saying sorry, don’t bother.” Jaejoong said, giving the same pained smile that Yunho had seen previously. Jaejoong look back to the window and he felt warmth enveloping him.

“Yunho.”

“I know. I’m not going to apologise anymore. I just want to tell you that I…” Yunho stop himself.

The word “Love” was too heavy for Yunho to utter.

“I like you.” Yunho finally said.

The words said resolved some of Jaejoong’s worries on their relationship. He smiled, hearing the Prince’s small confession.

“Me too.”