I'm Back

Our Royal Hours

The bell rang, signalling to everyone in the school that it was time for class to start. Teachers started chasing out students from the cafeteria and that includes our two best friends, Jaejoong and Changmin.

 

“I wasn’t even done yet with my donut.” Changmin said, sulking as he got pushed out of the cafeteria.

 

“That was your third donut. Aren’t you full?” Jaejoong said, holding onto Changmin’s hand as they strolled down the hallway despite the teacher’s urge for them to hurry up.

 

“They were small.”

 

“They were huge, Changmin. One donut has the same size as your face and you ate three of those.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Two and a half actually.” Changmin corrected as they make a right turn into their classroom.

 

“You’re late, you two.” Their teacher said, his hands on his hips as he tried to stare down the two of them.

 

“Sorry, Mr Shim. It won’t happen again.” Jaejoong said, bowing slightly before he was allowed to sit.

 

“Now you.” Mr Shim said, looking at Changmin and waiting for his apology.

 

“For your information, Jaejoong said that exact same thing yesterday and we’re late again today. I’m pretty sure it’ll happen again, Jiho hyung.” Changmin said, teasing his older brother.

 

The said teacher grab a marker before hurling it towards Changmin. Changmin remarkably caught it before grinning.

 

“Nice catch.” Changmin said.

 

“Go back to your seat, Changmin.” Jiho said before turning his attention to the whole class.

 

“Alright, let’s start the class. Take out your books.” Jiho said.

 

Jaejoong leaned back on his chair, obviously not paying attention to what was being taught. His eyes wandered around, from Changmin to Heechul then back to Changmin. However, being the studious him, Changmin’s focus was on his older brother instead of Jaejoong.

 

Letting out a soft sigh, Jaejoong turned to his side where Junsu had turned his back on him. He moved his eyes across again before seeing the prince staring back at him. Turning his head down to look at his book, his mind wandered back to the incident that happened at the hallway just an hour ago.

 

“Did he recognise me? Am I getting punished for making him fall down just now? But it isn’t my fault. He was the one who wasn’t looking.” Jaejoong told himself in his mind, arguing about the issue with himself.

 

Even though he had been in the same class with the prince...

 

Heck, the elite class stays the same even if they go up another level but Jaejoong had never talked to the others before. Well, it’s not that he never ever talked with the others but the last time he had talk with someone from his class other than Changmin and Heechul was Junsu.

 

Jaejoong chooses the people he talks to very wisely and the part with Junsu was all because Junsu was the first one who approached him.

 


 

Time passed so quickly.

 

That was what Jaejoong had thought when he found himself spacing out in the middle of the class before being shaken slightly by Junsu. Clearing his throat, his eyes moved to the clock. It was almost the end of the three hour class.

 

He was lucky that he didn’t get caught spacing out.

 

Stretching himself, Jaejoong yawned before smiling slightly when he heard the bell ring through the speaker just above the door. Throwing his unread book into the locker, Jaejoong turned around only to see Yunho standing in front of him.

 

Jaejoong tried to act confident, raising one of his eyebrows to act as if he was questioning Yunho’s appearance in front of him.

 

“Is there something wrong?” Jaejoong asked, his voice almost trembling but he successfully hid it from being noticed.

 

“Kim Jaejoong. That’s your name, right?” Yunho finally asked.

 

“Yes.”  Jaejoong simply answered, his eyes staring back into Yunho’s. The both of them stood there, eyes on each other before Yunho move his eyes down as he scanned Jaejoong up and down.

 

“Well, this is getting long. I’m going.” Jaejoong said, swinging his bag over his shoulder and trying to walk pass Yunho. Yunho held up his arm, blocking Jaejoong from going anywhere.

 

“I believe we both have to talk.” Yunho said. Jaejoong faced him, getting ready to question about it before his phone rang.

 

Hold on.” Jaejoong muttered before answering the call.

 

“Yes Dad.” Jaejoong almost rolled his eyes when he heard his father’s reminder to come to his office in the next hour. Hanging up, Jaejoong looked at Yunho who was still waiting for him.

 

“I believe your talk can wait. I have somewhere else to go.” Jaejoong said, pushing Yunho’s arm down before walking passed him.

 

“Wait.” Yunho called but Jaejoong continued walking, knowing that if he is late, his adopted father won’t let him go that easily.

 

“Heechul, car keys please.” Jaejoong said, his hand reaching out at Heechul. The man obediently passed him the keys before Jaejoong turned to Changmin.

 

“Come on, you’re coming with me.” Jaejoong said, pulling Changmin out of the class.

 

“But Jae...the prince…” Yunho didn’t hear Jaejoong’s answer but he was sure that Jaejoong meant what he had told him.

 

Putting the issue aside, Yunho turned his head to face Junsu.

 

“Want to tell me what is it that you want to talk with him?” Junsu asked, his arms folded across his chest with his eyebrows raised.

 

“Later. We have lunch. Let’s eat something first before I talk to you about it.” But Junsu didn’t budge.

 

“Nothing’s wrong, baby. Seriously.” Yunho insisted. This time, Junsu relented to it as he got pushed out of the classroom.

 

“Meet us in my room.” Yunho said, heading to his office where a chef has been waiting for him.

 

Junsu sigh, turning to the corridor leading to the cafeteria. His phone buzzed, signalling that there was a phone call for him. Swiping across his phone to answer the call, Junsu place the phone against his ear.

 

“Hello?”

 

“I’m back.”

 


 

And there you go! Our first cliff hanger on the story. Yeah I'm evil like that. Hope you enjoyed this (as much as you dislike the previous chap)?