Dinner With Daddy

Our Royal Hours

Yunho closes the car door behind Jaejoong, following the two Kim’s into the house.

 

“Uncle, welcome home.” Heechul greeted, wearing an apron over his clothes.

 

“I’ve been cooking all your favourite dishes. Why don’t you take a hot bath and then we can start dinner?”

 

“Wait a minute...you cooked?” Jaejoong asked, eyebrows raised in suspicion.

 

“No, I bought the food from outside and just put it on a plate.”

 

“Yeah that sounds more like you. I’ll cook the rice.” Jaejoong offered, heading to the kitchen.

 

“Hey Jae, what about me?” Yunho asked.

 

“Umm...just stay in my room. I’ll call you for dinner.” Jaejoong said, pulling Heechul to come with him.

 

“Yunho, why don’t you bring me to my room?” Kangwoo said, seeing that they were the only two left at the front doorstep.

 

“Sure, Dad.” Yunho said, walking with Kangwoo down the corridor.

 

The two walked in an awkward silence to the bedroom. At least that was what Yunho had felt.

 

“Alright. Thank you, Yunho.” Kangwoo said, stopping in front of the closed door.

 

“No problem, Dad.” Yunho answered, reaching out to turn the doorknob for his father-in-law.

 

Kangwoo hold onto Yunho’s wrist tightly, earning himself a yelp from the Crown Prince.

 

“We haven't get to talk about your relationship with your friend the past few weeks, Yunho.”

 

“Dad-”

 

“If I find out that you make my precious son cry or even whimper because of you, I'm taking Jaejoong away from you. Do not hurt him, Yunho.” Kangwoo warned.

 

“Yes Sir.” Yunho repeatedly nod, stopping only when the older man lets him go.

 

“See you at dinner.” Kangwoo said, pushing open the door and leaving Yunho alone at the corridor.

 

Yunho looked back at his wrist, the blood flowing again but the Prince can still feel the tight grip that Kangwoo had on him.

 

Yunho decides to look for Jaejoong instead of staying in the room. It took him five minutes to find the kitchen which was on the other side of the house. Jaejoong was alone, heating up the food that Heechul had bought over the stove.

 

Yunho’s thoughts went back to their conversation back at the hospital.

 

“At least until our three year contract ends.” Jaejoong had said.

 

Even though Yunho was out with Junsu, Jaejoong stick to the rules of the contract. Jaejoong didn’t do anything that results to him cheating on Yunho. However, the young Prince had went out with Junsu every time an opportunity comes by.

 

“I don’t deserve him.” Yunho told himself as he unconsciously smile, seeing the said man hum to himself.

 

He approached Jaejoong quietly, standing right behind him. Seeing that Jaejoong wasn't aware Yunho was there with him, Yunho snake his hand around Jaejoong’s waist.

 

Yunho tighten his hold slightly, pulling Jaejoong back as he catches the man off guard.

 

“Oh my God! Yunho, put me down!” Jaejoong shouted, hand still holding onto his spatula as he waves it around.

 

“Hmm...not letting go until you kiss me.” Yunho said, putting the man down but still latching on Jaejoong like a koala.

 

“I’m cooking, Yunho. Let go already.” Jaejoong said, stirring the soup that was boiling.

 

“Oh come on. You heat that up already.” Yunho said, turning off the fire before turning Jaejoong to look at him.

 

“Fine. What do you want?” Jaejoong asked, eyes looking at Yunho.

 

The Prince remembered Kangwoo’s words, warning him that if Yunho hurt Jaejoong in any way, he will take the beautiful being away from him.

 

“Yunho?” Jaejoong called, eyes curious when Yunho had space out.

 

“Hey.” Jaejoong nudge the man, laughing when the man snap out of his trance.

 

“What’s wrong with you?”

 

“Huh? Uh...nothing. I...nevermind.” Yunho answered.

 

“Okay. I still need to heat up the other dishes.”

 

“Can’t Heechul do that instead? I’m bored, Jae.”

 

“I send Heechul to get some ingredients for breakfast tomorrow. Why don’t you help me then?”

 

Yunho perk up when he heard that.

 

“Sure! What do you need from me?” He asked, eager to help. Anything to be near Jaejoong.

 

“You walk out of this kitchen and go to the front door. Help me count the number of guards that will be coming in to eat dinner.” Jaejoong said but Yunho frowned.

 

“I want to stay here and help you.”

 

“You are helping me. Now go and maybe someone gets a kiss after that.”

 

“Why don’t I take that now?” Yunho asked cheekily, getting closer to Jaejoong. The man push him away instead.

 

“Go and you get it. Don’t make me change my mind.” Jaejoong warned and Yunho was immediately out of the kitchen.

 

Jaejoong pressed the digital screen near the stove before turning on the front porch’s camera.

 

To get a reward, one must earn it.

 

Jaejoong giggled to himself when he sees the guards scramble to fall into their positions when Yunho walks out.

 

“At ease.” Yunho said, dismissing the guards when he sees them going back to their main positions.

 

Hearing that made the guards relax a little as they go back to what they have been doing just now. That includes Donghae who was smoking a cigarette.

 

Yunho stands beside him, looking out to the gates and the main road.

 

“Hey, pass me one, will you?” Yunho asked, pointing to the box of cigarettes in Donghae’s pocket.

 

“You better pay me back. It’s expensive.” Donghae said, pulling out one stick and a lighter.

 

“Thanks.” Yunho lights the poisonous stick up before breathing in the toxic. He lets out a deep breath, smoke coming out from his mouth.

 

“Something happened?”

 

“What do you think will happen if I tell Junsu that I want to break up with him?”

 

“He should understand. After all, you’re married.” Yunho nod, liking Donghae’s answer.

 

“You mean you didn’t break up with him yet?” Yunho looked at his butler, silently questioning why he had asked that.

 

“Don’t look at me like that. I don’t like him, remember? Plus...you were so happy with Jaejoong these days. I thought you have finally left Junsu for good.” Donghae said, not knowing about the fight that happened just this morning and how fast it was for Yunho to go back to Junsu’s lap.

 

“I need to go back in. All of you should leave.”

 

“But-”

 

“Come on Donghae...it’s not like the Kim’s are not guarded by anyone.”

 

“They are not guarded, Sir.” Donghae reminded him.

 

Plus, the house has a big, open area which can easily be infiltrated.

 

“Hey, I’m the Army General here. You’re supposed to listen to me.”

 

“Only when your order is of logic. At this point, it’s not. Plus, it’s not like you earned that rank, Sir. Don’t worry about us. We already set up a mobile command center at the back. We will handle our own food and beds.” Donghae said and Yunho finally give in, especially with how the butler had dissed the man’s rank in the Korean army.

 

Yunho walked back inside, smiling as soon as he sees Jaejoong waiting for him outside the kitchen.

 

“The guards will handle their own dinner. Including Donghae.” Yunho said, relaying the message.

 

“Alright.” Jaejoong answered, wanting to walk away. Before he could do that, Yunho had pulled the man back.

 

“I believe Your Highness owes me something.” Yunho said.

 

“Right. About that…” Jaejoong trailed off, turning around to look at Yunho.

 

The Crown Prince close his eyes, waiting for Jaejoong to kiss him. Jaejoong smile, seeing the man eagerly waiting for the said kiss.

 

His smile slowly disappear, not knowing how to comprehend their relationship. Thinking that it was better to ignore their status, Jaejoong turned his back on Yunho before walking away.

 

Yunho waited for quite some time before opening his eyes again. Jaejoong was nowhere to be seen but his laugh was heard from the dining room.

 

“Kim Jaejoong!” Yunho called, stomping to the room. His feet stayed rooted when he sees Jaejoong laughing at him with Heechul.

 

“Yeah very funny.” Yunho said, anger immediately dissipated when Jaejoong approach him and place a brief kiss on his cheek.

 

“There.” Jaejoong said, grinning at the man.

 

“You think you’re so smart?”

 

“No I’m not smart but I know how to manipulate a man to do my bidding.” Jaejoong said, winking at his partner cheekily.

 

“I didn’t know you’re so crafty.” Yunho said, pinching Jaejoong’s cheek lightly.

 

“There’s a lot of things that you don’t know about me.”

 

“Well, I shall take my time with you then.” Yunho replied, hands wandering to Jaejoong’s waist and pulling him closer.

 

“Ok, that is my cue. I’ll go get Uncle and we can eat dinner.” Heechul said, pretending to cover his eyes and then proceeded out of the room.

 

“What’s for dinner?” “Skate and kimchi soup. Dad’s favourite combination.”

 

“Skate?” Yunho hesitantly asked.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“You mean like the skate skate?” Yunho questioned, repeating it to emphasise on the fact that he’s asking about the rumoured skate fish.

 

“Yes, Yunho. Skate. It’s good. You’ve never tried it before?” Jaejoong asked and the man shake his head.

 

“From what I heard, I don’t want to try it either.” Yunho thought to himself, not saying anything.

 

“Just keep smiling, Jung.” Yunho said in his mind as he did what he said.

 

“So, just help me get the bowls of rice and then we’re done.”

 

“Bowl?” Yunho asked, again not sure.

 

“Yes, Yunho. We commoners use bowls to eat our rice. Unlike the royal who eat rice that are plated as if the rice is gold.” Jaejoong replied, shaking his head.

 

“So where is this...bowl?” Jaejoong laughed, hearing Yunho’s hesitance in asking the question.

 

“Come on. I’ll show you.” Jaejoong said, holding onto Yunho’s hand as he pulled the young Prince back to the kitchen.

 

Yunho was quick to grab a picture of their entwined fingers in his phone. They reach the kitchen and Jaejoong opened the cabinet door. He passed four bowls to Yunho before grabbing the chopsticks from a drawer.

 

“The chopsticks here are different.” Yunho noted loudly and Jaejoong laugh.

 

“It’s metallic but different than in the Palace. Those were carved.”

 

“And we have our initials engraved on it.” Yunho pointed that out.

 

“Yeah. Apparently, the royal family loves to carve things on their utensils.”

 

“That’s because we don’t need to share that way.” Jaejoong stopped his movements, realising the same fact.

 

“You don’t mind sharing, do you? If you mind, I can get Heechul to buy a new pair of chopsticks for you.”

 

“No I’m fine with these.” Yunho answered, gave a smile at Jaejoong before going back to the dining room.

 

Jaejoong followed right after he had replaced a pair of chopsticks to ones that are still in a box.

 

The man walked into the dining room and sees Yunho sitting at one side of the table while Kangwoo sat at the head of the table. Only now did Jaejoong realise that the atmosphere between Yunho and Kangwoo seems tense.

 

“Jaejoong, why are you still standing there? Come on and sit down.” Jaejoong smiled, hearing his father call him.

 

He went around the table to place the utensils before sitting down beside Yunho.

 

“Here. They are new ones.” Jaejoong said, taking out the new chopsticks from its box.

 

“You didn't have to do that.” Yunho whispered but Jaejoong just smiled back, pushing the chopsticks back to the Prince.

 

“New pair of chopsticks? How sheltered.” Kangwoo speak up, chuckling by himself.

 

“Dad-”

 

Yunho immediately hold onto Jaejoong’s hand, wanting the man to just leave it alone.

 

“Let's eat.” Heechul said, trying to help and ease the atmosphere.

 

Kangwoo nod, reaching out for the skate fish laid out in front of him. Jaejoong reaches out for one too, chewing on it as Yunho looked at him.

 

“You want one?” Yunho furiously shake his head, clearly showing his dislike.

 

“Try one, Yunho.” Kangwoo said.

 

“No, I-”

 

“You're not a man if you don't eat it.”

 

This time, Yunho finally looked at his father-in-law. He knew the older man was challenging him and it pissed Yunho off.

 

“That’s not fair, Daddy. Yunho, you don't have to do that.” Jaejoong said, not liking how his father is treating Yunho.

 

“No I'm fine.” Yunho said, taking his chopsticks and confidently taking one slice of the fish.

 

The Prince inspects it closely, seeing that there's no flesh but just cartilage on the slice of skate fish.

 

“Yunho, I can eat it for you.” Jaejoong offered but Yunho chuckle.

 

“How am I going to take care of you if I can't even eat one piece of skate?” Yunho said before popping the smelly fish into his mouth.

 

The smell immediately hits his nose but Yunho kept biting on it, trying to destroy it into smaller pieces before swallowing it. Jaejoong told him to have some soup and Yunho did which went well down his throat.

 

The taste of the skate fish was gone but Yunho can vividly smell the horrendous odour. He felt like puking but he covered it with a cough.

 

“That’s not bad.” Kangwoo said, returning back to his food.

 

Jaejoong looked at Yunho, sincerely worried about the man but the Prince just shrug it off with a forced smile.

 

The treacherous dinner ended an hour later with everyone going back to their own rooms to get some rest. Yunho walked Jaejoong to their bedroom before lying down on Jaejoong’s bed.

 

“Uhh...Yunho?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Why are you here?” Yunho shot Jaejoong a confused look.

 

“I'm tired and I want to sleep. Your bed is here so I sleep here.” Yunho explained.

 

“I think Heechul prepared your room upstairs.” Jaejoong said, referring to his room on the second level.

 

“But the point of us staying here is to be together.” Yunho argued, frowning.

 

“I don't know about you but my point of staying here is to take care of my dad. Come on, Yunho. Get up and got upstairs.” Jaejoong said, pulling Yunho by the arm. He was not going to let Yunho play him into the Prince’s arms again.

 

“But I want to sleep with you...Jaejoong…” Yunho whined, trying hard to stay on the bed.

 

“You can sleep with me when we’re married.” Jaejoong replied, successfully getting the man to stand.

 

“But we are married.”

 

“Well we can talk about this when we’re allowed to sleep together.”

 

“Sleep together?” Yunho intentionally asked, eyebrows wiggling as he smirk. Jaejoong felt a red blush coming up his cheeks as Yunho his lips.

 

“You know what I’m talking about. Go…” Jaejoong said, pushing Yunho to the door.

 

“But I'm not sleepy yet. Let me stay here with you for awhile, hmm?” Yunho asked, trying to convince Jaejoong to let him stay.

 

Eventually, his partner gave in.

 

“Fine. Only because I'm not going to sleep early anyway.” Jaejoong said, going back to the bed.

 

“Come on.” Jaejoong pat the empty space beside him, beckoning for Yunho to come.

 

The man did, settling himself on the bed as his hand pull Jaejoong closer to him. Jaejoong ignored Yunho as he takes out his phone, checking for any messages.

 

“Oh hey look at this.” Yunho said, whipping out his phone before showing Jaejoong the picture on his background display.

 

“That’s nice.” Jaejoong commented, seeing the photo that Yunho had taken of them in the hospital.

 

“Wait for it…” A few seconds later, the display changes.

 

“Yunho! Delete that.” Jaejoong said, feeling embarrassed to see the picture of them kissing on Yunho’s phone. Yunho laughed so hard, only stopping when Jaejoong had punched him in the chest.

 

“Ow! What was that for? Are you trying to kill me?” Yunho asked, nursing the pain and rubbing it to ease it.

 

“Delete it.”

 

“No.”

 

“Delete it!”

 

“No!”

 

“Yunho.”

 

“Jaejoong.”

 

“Just delete the picture. It’s embarrassing.”

 

“It's my property now.” Yunho said, playfully jutting his tongue out at Jaejoong.

 

Seeing Yunho playing around, Jaejoong snatched the wretched phone as he wanted to delete the picture himself.

 

Just as he was about to unlock the phone, a call came in. The two momentarily hold their breaths, both not sure on what to do.

 

Yunho was the first one to react, reaching out to reject the call.

 

“Here.” Jaejoong said, returning back the phone before turning his back on Yunho. His intentions were immediately dismissed.

 

“Jae.”

 

“I want to sleep. You should leave also. Goodnight.” Jaejoong hurriedly said, closing his eyes.

 

Yunho knew the awkward situation here was not their fault but the man still feel guilty because he could see it was hurting Jaejoong too.

 

“Night.” Yunho mumbled, getting down from the bed.

 

He closed the door behind him after one last look at Jaejoong before walking to the spiral staircase leading to his room.

 

“What a bummer…” Yunho talked to himself as he dragged his own two feet up the stairs to Jaejoong’s makeshift studio.

 

Yunho head straight to the bed, all the while ignoring the calls from the same person ringing on his phone. He lies down on the bed, eyes staring up at the white ceiling before turning to look at Jaejoong’s framed photo at the bedside table.

 

His phone ring again and this time the man answered his phone.

 

“What is it, Junsu?”

 

“Why didn't you answer my call earlier?”

 

“I was busy.” Yunho mumbled, not in the mood to talk.

 

“I need to talk to you.”

 

“I’m busy. We can talk tomorrow.”

 

“No. Come out and meet me.”

 

“I said I’m busy, Junsu.”

 

“But you promise me you would come.”

 

“Well not tonight.” Yunho said, hanging up.

 

A text from Junsu come in right after that.

 

Sender: Kim Junsu

Time: 25/03/2015 22:09:37

 

Meet me or you will regret it.

 

Yunho shakes his head, deciding to ignore Junsu for tonight.

 

The man looked back at Jaejoong’s picture smiling back at him. He stared at it for a few more minutes before deciding to get up.

 

“I guess I’m still going after all.”