Left Alone In A Polo Club

Our Royal Hours

“Your Highness. Please wake up.”

 

“Hmm...Heechul. Five more minutes.” Jaejoong said, rolling over to grab a pillow.

 

“Your Highness. You will be late for the morning greeting. Please wake up.” Jaejoong slowly opens his eyes, expecting Heechul to be there. Instead, Donghae was there looking at him.

 

“What...What am I doing here?” Jaejoong asked, getting up and looking around.

 

“To recap, you married the Crown Prince yesterday and now you’re in your room in the East Palace.” Donghae said, not happy with how late Jaejoong could be.

 

“Oh right.” Jaejoong mumbled softly as he recognised the interior of his new room.

 

“Please take a shower and get ready. Your outfit is in the wardrobe. We will be waiting for you at the foyer in thirty minutes.” Donghae said before leaving Jaejoong alone in the huge room. Getting out of the bed, Jaejoong sighed as he dragged his feet to the bathroom.

 

Contrary to his own room back at home, the room in the East Palace is way better and bigger. Running his hands down the marble bathtub, Jaejoong sighed again. He grabs a quick shower before putting on the suit that Donghae had prepared for him. Jaejoong walks out of the room once he was ready. He sees Yunho sitting at the living room, reading a newspaper.

 

“Good morning.” Jaejoong greeted. Yunho nod as acknowledgement before taking a look at his watch.

 

Wow...you’re ready in twenty minutes. That’s a record.” Yunho said, folding the newspaper.

 

“I’m trying to change.”

 

“Being a good wife? You’re doing a good job. Let me tell you that.” Yunho continued, standing up and moved his eyes up and down Jaejoong.

 

“Let’s go.” Yunho motioned for the man to follow Donghae. The newly formed couple walked through a walkway, heading to the Main Palace.

 

“So what are we supposed to do in the morning greeting?”

 

“You’ll see.” Yunho replied as they approached the throne room.

 

“Well, should I be prepared for anything?” Jaejoong asked, worried about his first greeting with the King and Queen.

 

“Don’t worry. Just follow my lead.” Donghae gestured for them to stay at the door.

 

“His Highness Crown Prince Jung Yunho and his consort His Highness Kim Jaejoong is here for the morning greeting.” Donghae announced. The doors opened after a few moments, allowing the couple to walk in. Yunho grab hold of Jaejoong’s hand before walking in, sporting a huge smile.

 

“Good morning, Father. Good morning, Mother.” Yunho greeted, bowing slightly.

 

“Good morning, Your Majesties.” Jaejoong said, sitting beside Yunho once he had bowed.

 

“How was your sleep last night, Jaejoong?” Ilwoo asked, looking at his new son-in-law.

 

“It was great. Thank you for asking, Your Majesty.” Jaejoong replied, making sure that he didn’t look at the King in the eyes.

 

“Come on Jaejoong. You’re already married to Yunho. There’s no harm for you to call me Father. Like Yunho did.”

 

“Yeah Jae. It will be fine. Follow what my father says. After all, he was the one who postponed our sharing a room night.” Yunho said.

 

“Oh so we’re debating that this morning?” Ilwoo asked, challenging his son to state his cause.

 

“That will be great. We’re consenting adults. I think we are more than capable to be sharing a room with each other.” Yunho explained.

 

“You two are still in school. It doesn’t mean that when you’re married already, you get everything Yunho.” Sujin interfered. After all, she was the one who proposed the idea.

 

“Mother told you to do this, didn’t she?” Yunho asked, looking at his father.

 

“Well yes. But are you sure you’re alright with sharing a room with each other? You know, I don’t mind. We had you when we were 19, Yunho. Times have change. I thought you would like it that we postpone.”

 

“Well you thought wrong.” Yunho said, grinning slightly. Ilwoo was surprised at his son’s response. He looked to his wife who shake her head slightly before looking back at the young couple.

 

“Well if that’s what you want, that’s what you-Ow!” Ilwoo cried out, frowning at his wife who had pinched his thigh.

 

“What were you going to say?” Sujin asked.

 

“Body...bodyguards!” Ilwoo exclaimed, relieved when Sujin lets his thigh go.

 

“Father-”

 

“Bodyguards, Yunho.” The older Jung interfered, looking at Yunho.

 

“Now that Jaejoong is in our family, he needs protection. So I have personally selected three bodyguards for him. They will join your security team.” Ilwoo explained, looking at his butler to get the three guards in.

 

“Jaejoong, they will be protecting you from now on.” Ilwoo said, showing off the three heavily built men in black suits. Jaejoong just smile slightly, looking at the three men.

 

“Let’s have breakfast, everyone.” Ilwoo announced.

 

“After you.” Yunho said, letting the older royal couple to leave first.

 

“We’re having breakfast together?” Jaejoong whispered to Yunho.

 

“Yeah. My father prefers us at least having one meal together. Preferably breakfast.”

 

“And we’re going to do this forever?” Yunho shot him a look.

 

“Well of course. Other than the rare exceptions. Get it up to speed, Kim. Come on.” Yunho said, walking faster to the dining hall. Jaejoong followed, sitting beside Yunho on the dining table.

 

“Are you going to be in school today?” Ilwoo asked.

 

“I thought it will be great to go for polo today. We’ll be leaving after breakfast.” Yunho replied.

 

“You know, I should really send you two to a honeymoon.”

 

“But they have school, honey. Let them graduate first then we can send them to a honeymoon.” Sujin said.

 

“Yeah. Postpone that too so you can go for another holiday, right Mother? Great decision.” Yunho said, continuing to eat his breakfast.

 

“Yunho, isn’t it too fast for you to reveal your true self in front of Jaejoong?”

 

“Depends. Is it mine or yours we’re revealing right now?” Yunho asked back, still calmly having his breakfast. Sujin breathed hard, flicking her eyes away from Yunho.

 

Ilwoo remained silent, knowing that even if he says anything, the relationship between the mother and son here has deteriorated too much to be restored. Jaejoong decided that it was best for him to keep quiet, silently regretting his decision to get married at such a young age.

 

Before he was even done with breakfast, Yunho excused himself as he pulled Jaejoong back to the East Palace to get ready for the trip.

 

“We’re going to be there for a long while. So bring something in case you’re bored.” Yunho said as he started texting on his phone.

 

“Who are you texting?” Jaejoong asked, wondering why the man was smiling to his own phone.

 

“None of your business. Walk away now. Shoo.” Yunho said, waving the man off as he heads back to his room.

 

Jaejoong walked into his room, taking out his phone too. There were a lot of congratulatory messages from directors and chairmen that have gotten hold of his phone number. However, he only called one phone number.

 

“Jaejoong!”

 

“Hey Heechul.”

 

“Alright. Make it fast. I ran out of Mr Shim’s class to answer the call.”

 

“What did you tell him?”

 

“I said it was your father looking for assistance. After all, I’m the one taking care of Uncle Kangwoo from now on.” Hearing that, Jaejoong felt guilty as he knew he won’t be able to go anywhere near them unless it is scheduled for him.

 

“Tell Daddy I love him and please take good care of him. Listen Heechul, I’m not going to school today. Yunho is bringing me to polo so you have fun with Changmin.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Talking about him. I asked Mr Shim about his precious brother. Changmin is missing.”

 

“Missing? How?” Jaejoong quickly asked, panic surging through his body the moment he heard that. His idea of choosing a polo outfit was immediately abandoned as he starts pacing up and down in his room.

 

“Where did he go? Did he say anything about it? Maybe left a note?”

 

“I’m not sure, Jae. Jiho hyung said that when they return from your wedding, Changmin was gone.” Jaejoong gasped, hearing that. He felt his legs go weak so he reach out for the couch, sitting down immediately.

 

“This is my fault. He sound so upset when he found out about me going out with Yunho. I should have gone back home then.”

 

“Hey Jae, don’t blame yourself. Changmin is a big kid. He’s probably out in a hotel room, flipping comics using his feet while eating tangerines. You know how he is. When he comes back, I promise I’ll tell you about it.”

 

“Have you tried calling him?” Jaejoong asked, not wanting to come to terms with Changmin being missing.

 

“Jae…”

 

“Have you tried calling him, Heechul?”

 

“I did. He disconnected the call.”

 

“Why would he do that? Something is wrong.”

 

“Jaejoong, calm down. I’ll handle it. You just relax and continue spending your time with Yunho, alright?” Jaejoong sigh, standing up again.

 

“Alright. Just call me if you have any news about him. Please.” Jaejoong said before hanging up. He walked back to his wardrobe, not seeing an outfit that is appropriate for him to wear.

 

“Your Highness, your selection of outfit is here.” A palace maid said, calling for Jaejoong. The man walked back to his door where the palace maid is waiting for him.

 

“Your Highness, please have a seat so you can browse through comfortably. My name is Lee Yejin and I will be your main palace maid for your stay here.” The palace maid said gesturing for the new royal to sit down on the couch. Once Jaejoong was comfortable, more maids walked in as they pulled lines after lines of polo outfit.

 

“Which will be your preferred outfit today, Your Highness?”

 

“Yejin, is there really a need to do this?” Jaejoong asked, feeling weirded out seeing how the palace maids have brought in various designs of polo outfits in every colour of the rainbow.

 

“You don’t like it? You can give us your preferences and we will arrange the brands and designers that you prefer.”

 

“No no. I’m fine with just any random outfit.” Jaejoong said, standing up. He looked through the clothes. Most of them were polo shirts with matching pants. The pants varies, some were short and some were long.

 

“Do all the royals do something like this?” Jaejoong asked, wondering whether the royal family are such narcissists.

 

“Umm…” Yejin looked to the other palace maids uncomfortably. Jaejoong noticed that immediately and decides to dismiss the other palace maids so that only Yejin was alone in the room with Jaejoong.

 

“So?”

 

“Well, Her Majesty still have her palace maids do this every time she changes her outfit or take a shower. The Crown Prince does this quite regularly too. So it’s a normal thing, Your Highness.” Yejin explained.

 

Jaejoong nod slowly before deciding to just grab one and change quickly. He grabs a white polo shirt with blue shorts before going into his changing room to change. He walked out, smiling at Yejin who was waiting for him with a different selection of shoes.

 

“How about next time, you choose for me a few of your choices and I’ll start from there. If I take too long choosing, someone might get upset over that.” Jaejoong said.

 

“But Your Highness, I don't think that is appropriate.”

 

“Well lucky for you, you work for me so listen to me. I trust you. And call me Jaejoong when no royals are around.” Jaejoong said, adding a warm smile at the end. He chose his shoe before grabbing a few personal item. Looking over at his outfit on the mirror, Jaejoong finally left the room.

 

“His Highness is still getting ready. Would you like something to drink?” Donghae asked and Jaejoong shake his head, sitting down at their shared living room.

 

The East Palace comprise of four sections. There are two bedrooms, separated by a shared living room or foyer and a garden outside. Jaejoong strained his neck, wanting to look at the garden without standing up.

 

“Don’t even think of going to the garden. There's poison ivy.” Jaejoong frowned immediately, turning around to see Yunho standing over him.

 

“Are we going now?” Jaejoong asked, standing up too.

 

“Not yet. Are the rings ready, Donghae?” Jaejoong looked at Donghae who nod before taking out a ring box.

 

“I thought it will be great if we have something that shows we’re married. You know, for the reporters outside.” Yunho explained, taking the box before opening it to show it off to Jaejoong.

 

“Choose one.” Jaejoong looked over at the rings. The two rings were identical except for the colour of the ring band. One was black and one was silver. Jaejoong takes the black one, seeing something inscribed on it.

 

“Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” Jaejoong read it outloud. Yunho takes the remaining one, putting it on his ring finger.

 

However, the ring didn’t fit his finger.

 

“That’s weird. I know I told them to keep it free size.” Yunho mumbled, taking off the ring.

 

“Let me try.” Jaejoong offered, taking the silver ring before sliding it on his ring finger. The ring fit perfectly on Jaejoong’s finger.

 

“I’ll take that one then. It looks bigger after all.” Yunho said, blindly taking the black ring from Jaejoong’s hand.

 

“But I-” Jaejoong stopped talking when he sees that the black one fit Yunho’s ring finger.

 

“What?” Yunho asked, looking at Jaejoong but the man just shake his head. He didn’t want to tell Yunho that he really liked the black ring more than the silver one.

 

After all, the black colour contrast greatly on his pale, white hand. Unlike the silver, white ring.

 

“Let’s go then.” Yunho said as they walk to the front of the palace where a car is waiting for them.

 

Jaejoong looked on at the ring on Yunho’s finger, sometimes stealing glances at the black band as they drive through the city.

 

“What is it, Jaejoong?”

 

“Huh?” Jaejoong snapped out of his trance, looking at Yunho.

 

“You’ve been looking at my ring. What is it?” Jaejoong shake his head again, cursing to himself that he was caught.

 

Yunho moved his eyes to the silver ring on Jaejoong’s finger before looking at his ring. He realised that the ring did not complement Jaejoong at all. Yunho grabs Jaejoong hand, taking the silver ring off Jaejoong’s finger.

 

“What are you doing?” Jaejoong asked, pulling his ringless hand away from Yunho. The Crown Prince ignored the man as he tried the ring on each of his finger. He finally slides the ring down his pinky finger.

 

This time, it fit perfectly.

 

“There. You can have the other one.” Yunho said, giving the black ring to Jaejoong.

 

“Thank you. And for the record, silver suits you better than black.” Jaejoong said as he put on the ring on his ring finger. However, the ring was too big for Jaejoong’s slim finger.

 

“Great, now it’s my turn.” Jaejoong mumbled, pondering on which finger should he put the ring at. He finally settled it to be on his thumb. He hold out his hand, admiring the ring.

 

“That looks good on you too.” Yunho said and Jaejoong just nod, tracing the ring with another finger.

 

They finally reached the polo club. Jaejoong noticed that the bodyguards were waiting at the gate instead of coming in.

 

“The special thing about this club is that our bodyguards are not allowed in, unless we let them in. So we get to do anything that we want here without them following after you.” Yunho explained as the car came to a stop.

 

“Sir, we’re here.” Donghae announced, coming out of the driver’s seat. He opened the door for Jaejoong and the man step out as Yunho followed suit. Jaejoong let his eyes wander around the massive area before focusing on one vehicle.

 

A motorcycle that looked really similar to a certain someone’s motorcycle.

 

“Changmin’s bike.” Jaejoong thought to himself before turning around to look at the reception area.

 

There he was...

 

Standing by a girl, smiling and talking with her.

 

“Changmin.” Jaejoong called. Yunho looked to Jaejoong’s direction, spotting the man too.

 

“Changmin.” Jaejoong called, about to walk towards his best friend when Yunho catch his wrist.

 

“What? Hey, let go.” Jaejoong said, trying to pull away before turning back to looking at his best friend.

 

“Changmin.” Jaejoong called, trying to get his attention. He felt himself being pulled back, back resting on Yunho’s chest as his hand was painfully twisted by Yunho’s tight grip.

 

“Damn it Jaejoong, you called him here?” Yunho snarled in a low whisper.

 

“No. No I didn’t. Let go. You’re hurting me.” Jaejoong said, trying not to scream when the grip became tighter.

 

“Then what the hell is he doing here?” Yunho asked.

 

“I don’t know. Please.”

 

“Sir.” Donghae called, hand placed on Yunho’s arm. The pain immediately disappear as Jaejoong takes a few steps away from Yunho. The commotion has definitely caught people’s attention. Including Changmin.

 

“Changmin.” Jaejoong called, waving at him. The reaction that came was something not expected by Jaejoong.

 

One look at Jaejoong and Changmin left, pulling the girl with him into the building.

 

“Changm-”

 

“Get back inside.” Yunho said, forcing Jaejoong back into the car.

 

“What are you doing?” Jaejoong asked as soon as the car door closes on the two of them. They were alone in the bullet-proof car.

 

“I said we’re going to a polo club and the next thing you do is call him here?” Yunho asked, feeling strange that he was getting mad at Jaejoong for calling Changmin over.

 

“I didn’t call him. How can I when I never step into this place before? I’m surprised to see him here too, alright?” Jaejoong said, feeling unfair that the man had just restricted his moves.

 

“Then-” Yunho stopped himself, finally remembering who the girl with Changmin is.

 

It was Seulgi, the daughter of the Prime Minister.

 

“Nevermind. Come on.” Yunho said, getting out of the car. He smiled slightly at the crowd of rich kids that was gathering around their car before holding out his hand. Jaejoong got out of the car without Yunho’s help, deciding to cross his arms instead.

 

There was a clear gap between the two of them. Knowing this might just create more rumours, Yunho place his arm around Jaejoong’s waist before they walk inside the reception area. They were immediately led to a room, overlooking a dirt track. Horses were being led around the track, galloping away.

 

“Alright, now that you’re done. It’s time for me to leave.” Yunho said, taking the bag held by Donghae.

 

Take care of him, Hae. You stay here. I’ll come back and we can go home together later.”

 

“What? Where are you going then?” Jaejoong asked, being pushed into a chair.

 

“I’m going somewhere else. See you. Oh and don’t meet Changmin.” Yunho said, leaving the room.

 

“If you don’t want me to meet Changmin, then why can’t I leave too?” Jaejoong questioned Donghae who told him that it was Yunho’s order and Jaejoong must follow.

 

As he stared into the open space, he spots a man wearing a cap walking to a car parked in the middle of nowhere.

 

“Donghae, where is he going?” Jaejoong asked, still staring at the man.

 

“I don’t know that person, Your Highness.”

 

“Don’t lie. That’s Yunho.” Jaejoong said, recognising the same cap that Yunho used when he went out with Jaejoong that night. Plus, it's not like he didn't recognise what Yunho was wearing just now.

 

“His Highness is going somewhere. That’s all. Would you like some refreshments?”

 

“No. That’s alright.” Jaejoong replied, eyes still following Yunho. The man approached the car and someone got out of the car.

 

Jaejoong gasped, recognising who it was. Donghae looked on, knowing who is the one hugging Yunho right now. The two men get inside the car and the car drove off, further away from the building.

 

“Hey Donghae.” Jaejoong called, feeling upset slightly.

 

“Yes Your Highness?”

 

“I take back what I said. I want something to drink please.” Jaejoong said, dismissing Donghae to leave and get the drink for him.

 

Two horses came out galloping on the dirt track. Jaejoong easily sees Changmin riding one of it. The man was smiling brightly, laughing together with the girl who was riding another horse.

 

“You are quite fun to be with after all, Changmin.” The girl said, controlling her horse as they ride around the track.

 

“Well you can thank those social classes I went to.” Changmin said, smiling a little.

 

“Seulgi, want to do something daring?” Changmin asked, riding close to the lady.

 

“Only if it’s fun.” Seulgi answered, waiting for the man to explain.

 

Changmin did, getting a shocked gasp at the end of it from the girl.

 

“You’re crazy. Let’s do it.” Seulgi said, not one to back down from a challenge. They ride the horses for three rounds of the circular track, holding hands together before Changmin shouted to Seulgi.

 

“Jump!”

 

Hearing the command, Seulgi skillfully jumped off her horse and Changmin pulled her to his horse. Seulgi sat in front of Changmin as they continued riding the horse around the track before slowing down. Changmin stops the horse in the middle of the track, helping Seulgi get down.

 

“That was fun. We should do it again some time.” The woman said, smiling brightly at her new friend.

 

“Only if I can take you out for dinner before that.” Changmin said, winking.

 

“You get yourself a date, Mr Shim.” Seulgi answered, walking back into the building.

 

Changmin looked up to the viewing box. He knew Jaejoong has been standing by the window, staring at him.

 

“Meet me at my bike.” Changmin said to Jaejoong, mouthing those words instead of saying it outloud.

 

Jaejoong stared at Changmin and they stayed like that for awhile before Changmin left to get the horses.

 

“You left me behind for Junsu so I have my right to be with Changmin.”  

 

 


 

Here you go! A new chapter to kick those Monday blues away tomorrow. Hope you had fun reading!