Feelings Conveyed

Our Royal Hours

“Jaejoong has to stay with his father. I need you to allow us to stay in Jaejoong’s house for a few days.” Yunho said as soon as he sat his down in front of his parents.

 

“Did something happen? Why so sudden?” Ilwoo asked.

 

“His father is hospitalised. Apparently, he collapsed because of an infection. Jaejoong is worried sick. I figured he should stay with his father for a while.” Yunho explained. Ilwoo looked at Sujin and the woman nod her head.

 

“Well...we’ve been thinking of sending you two back to his house. After all, following traditions, we usually send the royal couple back to the partner’s home for a week. You can take this opportunity to do that.”

 

“Great. I’m going then.” Yunho said, standing up.

 

“Wait wait...Where are you going?” Ilwoo asked, stopping his son from leaving.

 

“Well, I’m going back to the hospital of course.”

 

“For?” Sujin asked.

 

“Well, if you haven’t noticed, I’m alone here and Jaejoong is in the hospital. I need to go to him.” Yunho said.

 

“No no. You need to go for a press conference, addressing the issue.” Yunho shot a confused look at his parents.

 

“Can’t you just let out a press release? Do I really have to be there?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“But Jaejoong, he-”

 

“Jaejoong will be fine. It’s not like he’s alone. I’m sure his family is there.” Sujin said.

 

“That’s the point. His only family is his father lying sick on the hospital bed, a driver’s son that has stayed with him since his childhood and that Changmin.”

 

“That Changmin?” Ilwoo point out, almost amused that Yunho is gradually working up for no reason.

 

“Yes. That Changmin who thinks he can be with Jaejoong just because they’ve been together since their orphanage days.” Yunho blurted out, not realising what he was saying showed something different about him.

 

“Well you did say they’ve been together since their orphanage days.”

 

“But that doesn’t mean he’s allowed to bring Jaejoong out for cakes and fun. That’s my job. I’m his husband. I should be the one bringing him out. But no, Jaejoong prefers that idiot over me.” Yunho said, pacing up and down.

 

“Well you went out with Junsu. I think it’s fair if Jaejoong goes out with his friend too.” Ilwoo said, inciting Yunho’s anger.

 

“But not with Changmin! I swear that guy is a-” Yunho stops himself, looking at who his parents who were sharing mischievous grins.

 

“You heard nothing.” Yunho immediately said but his two parents just giggled together like teenage kids sharing a secret.

 

“Oh come on. Even if you’re going to joke about it, don’t tell Jaejoong that I said that.”

 

“Yes yes. Go on. Go back to your partner so you can make Changmin stay away from Jaejoong. Whoever that man is.”

 

“Great!” Yunho almost shouted loudly, ready to head out as fast as he could.

 

“Yunho.” Ilwoo called. “About just now…”

 

“It’s alright. It’s not like it is the first time that we debated about Younha’s death. Most of our discussions about her always ends with a fight anyway.”

 

“Just...please know that I had no choice.”

 

“I get it, Your Majesty. It was either me or her. A rational person would choose the one who was weaker. Unluckily, that was her.” Yunho said, shrugging before leaving.

 

“Pack my bags and Jaejoong’s. We’re staying over the Kim’s Mansion for a week. Where are the car keys?” Yunho asked. “Where are you going?” Donghae asked, walking with Yunho towards the entrance.

 

“I’m going back to the hospital. You stay here and get packing. Then send the bags to the Kim’s Mansion.” Yunho ordered before holding out his hand. Donghae passed him the keys, having the bodyguards to get ready in their vehicles.

 

“The hospital moved His Highness’s father to the VIP room. The bodyguards will lead you there.” Donghae informed the man before opening the car door for Yunho.

 

“Thanks.” Yunho hurriedly said before driving off.

 

Once he reached the hospital, Yunho almost ran to the room as he wanted to catch Changmin right in his act of shenanigans. What Yunho saw in his room though was totally different.

 

Jaejoong was lying beside his father, sharing the huge bed as Heechul sits on a chair in one corner.

 

 

“Yunho.” Heechul said, announcing the man’s presence.

 

Yunho place his finger on his lips, signalling for Heechul to be quiet since Jaejoong was clearly sleeping. The Crown Prince approached Heechul.

 

“I’m having Donghae to send over our things to your house. We’re staying over for one week. Can you prepare a room for us?” Yunho asked and Heechul nod, deciding to leave.

 

Once alone, Yunho look back at the father and son. Kangwoo was still unconscious and Jaejoong was curled up beside the sleeping man, hand placed protectively over his father. Jaejoong suddenly sneezed, eyes close as he rubs his nose slightly.

 

“He’s still sick.” Yunho thought, taking off his padded jacket before covering Jaejoong with it.

 

Feeling the sudden warmth, Jaejoong moved slightly which made Yunho stop any movement from his side. Once he was sure that the man was still asleep, Yunho walked to the door and open it slightly.

 

“Yes Your Highness?”

 

“I think we’ll be staying over for the night. You can get some late dinner and maybe a place to rest.” Yunho said.

 

“Yes Sir. Would you like an extra bed?” Yunho looked inside, spotting the couch before turning back to his guards.

 

“Never mind. Good night.” Yunho greeted before closing the door on them. He checks on Jaejoong who was still sleeping before heading to the couch.

 

“Luckily it’s comfy.” Yunho mumbled to himself as he try to get a comfortable position to sleep in.

 

He finally get his perfect sleeping position before sighing again. His eyes immediately focused on Jaejoong just right in front of him.

 

Seeing how close Jaejoong and Kangwoo must have been, made Yunho a tad guilty about making Jaejoong his toy that will be suffering for three years.

 

Yunho sighed again, wanting to get some sleep when his phone ring. He quickly answer the call, afraid that the loud volume will wake the man up. Thankfully, it didn’t.

 

“Yunho…”

 

“What is it?” Yunho whispered, settling back into the couch when he heard who it was.

 

“I’m bored...and I can’t sleep. Talk to me…” Yunho knew what that meant.

 

Junsu was asking for phone .

 

“Not now.”

 

“Oh come on...I can already feel you here with me.” Yunho rolled his eyes, hanging up immediately. Junsu called again two seconds later.

 

“What?”

 

“Did you just hang up in the middle of my call? Jung Yunho!”

 

“I said not now, Su. We’ll talk later.” Yunho said. He mute the phone, letting the calls come through without making a sound. He settled down again, eyes looking at Jaejoong again.

 

“Night, Jae.” He mumbled to himself before closing his eyes and going to sleep.

 

It was three hours later when Jaejoong had woken up, the clap of a thunder being the cause. His eyes searched around for Heechul but he spots Yunho instead. The Crown Prince was fast asleep, mouth hanging open.

 

Jaejoong snickered before realising that there’s a jacket on him. Seeing how Yunho was just wearing a thin shirt, Jaejoong knew the jacket was his. Jaejoong slips out from the bed before approaching the sleeping Yunho.

 

He sat down in front of the man, giggling when he heard Yunho snoring softly. Jaejoong takes out his phone, capturing a moment of it. He accidentally turned the flash on, immediately turning it off when he realised that the light was shining on Yunho’s face. Once that was done, Jaejoong stared at the picture saved in his phone before looking at Yunho who already had his mouth closed.

 

Jaejoong turn his attention to Yunho’s phone on the table, seeing that there were missed calls from Junsu. He sigh, turning back at Yunho.

 

“Why do you do this to me, Yunho? We could be together happily if we accept each other but every single time I thought I had you, you ran off to Junsu again. I’m tired of handling you, Jung.” Jaejoong said, resting his head on the couch as he look away from Yunho. He stayed there, sitting on the floor in front of Yunho.

 

The Crown Prince open his eyes and he was immediately faced by Jaejoong’s hair. Yunho wanted to laugh but he caught a whiff of the strawberry smell from Jaejoong’s hair that he couldn’t help it but to inhale it even more.

 

“Jae.” Yunho called when the man didn’t say anything. Hearing that, Jaejoong turned to look at Yunho so fast that his neck hurt.

 

“Yunho? Ow…” Jaejoong cried, his hand immediately on his neck as he felt the pain. Yunho had his head up, face full of worry.

 

“You alright?” Yunho asked, hand on Jaejoong’s neck too. Jaejoong move away from Yunho’s touch causing Yunho to frown.

 

“Jae…”

 

“If you’re going to keep changing sides, please don’t do that to me. I’m tired of it.” Jaejoong said.

 

“What happened to the Jaejoong that was asking me for help just now?” Yunho asked, head resting on his hand.

 

“It disappeared when I got my head right.”

 

“We need to talk, Jaejoong.”

 

“Please Yunho. I’m tired of your talks. Everytime we make up, you go and destroy it again.” Jaejoong said, his tone tired.

 

“I need time. I...I’ve been together with Junsu for a long time. And the feelings between us was very strong.”

 

“I don’t want to hear this.” Jaejoong said, trying to get up but Yunho pushed him down as he make sure that Jaejoong won’t go anywhere.

 

“But you’re my wife now.”

 

“Partner.”

 

“Fine partner. I’m married to you now so even if you don’t like it, we’re together now.”

 

“For three years.” Jaejoong mumbled, looking away.

 

Yunho hold onto Jaejoong’s chin, making the man to look at him.

 

“You can leave anytime you want. I won’t stop you but until then, I’m linked to you. We did hurt each other emotionally but let’s give it some time. Give me time to prove to you that we can be together happily.” Yunho promised, holding onto Jaejoong’s hand gently.

 

Jaejoong looked at the Crown Prince, wondering whether the man was sincere when he said that. His wonders were interrupted when he felt the need to sneeze. Jaejoong sneezed, trying to reach out for a tissue paper.

 

Yunho grabbed one, handing it over to Jaejoong who thanked him. Yunho placed the back of his hand on Jaejoong’s forehead to try and feel his temperature but Jaejoong moved away. Yunho clicked his tongue in annoyance.

 

“I’m checking if you’re sick.”

 

“I am. Don’t you see I was sneezing?” Jaejoong asked, rolling his eyes at the man.

 

“Maybe if you change your snarky attitude a little, our relationship can improve.” Yunho answered.

 

“Our relationship is not improving not because of my attitude. At least we both should be clear of that.” Jaejoong said, shaking his head as the disappointment came in again. He decided to stand up.

 

“Where are you going?” Yunho asked, pulling Jaejoong to sit down on the couch with him.

 

“Stay.” Yunho said, pushing Jaejoong to lie down in front of him.

 

“Sleep with me.”

 

“But it’s squeezy.” Jaejoong complained though he didn’t resist when he felt Yunho hugging him from behind.

 

“Isn’t this what a normal, happy couple do?”

 

“We’re not normal. Nor are we happy.” Jaejoong said gloomily.

 

“You really should not be that negative when you’re with me.”

 

Jaejoong didn’t answer, sighing as he closed his eyes to try and get some more sleep.