Break In

Our Royal Hours

“So...did you get any word from Jaejoong?” Yunho looked up at Changmin who was standing over his table.

“No. It’s only been two days, Changmin. Plus since when did we become close?” Yunho asked, pointing out the close distance between them.

“Since you told me two days ago to keep a secret from Jaejoong’s father about this. I had to make up excuses. A lot of excuses before he gets off my back. He’s coming back tonight, you know?” Changmin answered.

“I have a plan but it’s not going down till after lunch. Until then, keep up the good work Changmin.” Yunho said, smiling before heading out of the class to make a call.

“Hey, is everything alright? I saw that one of our classmates got kidnapped that day. Is Yunho involved?” Yoochun asked, approaching Changmin.

“Ah...well it’s just small stuff. And you are…” Changmin trailed off, not being able to remember Yoochun’s name.

“Oh I must have not introduce myself to you. My name is Yoochun. Park Yoochun.” Yoochun said, holding out his hand.

“Right. Yoochun. I’m Changmin and I don’t like you. Somehow your face irritates me but spend time with me and maybe I’ll like you. You seem interesting.” Changmin said before going off, not even shaking hands with Yoochun.

“That boy is not friendly.” Yoochun said when Junsu sat beside him.

“Yeah. He’s like Jaejoong’s bodyguard. It was difficult for me too when I first befriended Jaejoong. I can’t win him over that much really.” Junsu said, crossing his arms across his chest.

“Then we shall target the driver instead. If Changmin doesn't work.” Yoochun replied, motioning at Heechul who was being persuaded by Changmin to go to the cafeteria.

“Did you get what I need?” Yunho asked, talking to his phone. He was inside his private room in the school, something he was only grateful for today. He needed the privacy anyway.

“Yeah I did. But Yunho...no offense but sleeping pills? I don’t think that will work.” Donghae said, hanging around outside the Old Palace.

“Well we better hope those guards are heavy sleepers.” Yunho answered, sitting down on the couch.

“Bring something for him when you come later.”

“Bring what?”

“I don’t know. Something that he likes to eat maybe. I saw his menu. He’s being given rice and vegetables only. Every single day.”

“So the Evil Teacher is giving him the vegetarian course...but he’s fine, right?” Yunho asked, worried that Jaejoong is not accustomed to the Evil Teacher’s methods.

“He’s coping well. I think he’s adapting to it but every ten minutes, you still get a scream from him.”

“So pain is his weakness.” Yunho concluded before confirming the plan with Donghae once again.

He ends the call before going back to the class, wanting to see Changmin. The boy was not in class so Yunho packed his bag before heading to the cafeteria. He spots the two students together before sitting beside them.

“I want to know something.” Yunho said, looking at Changmin but the boy focused on his burger instead.

“What do you want to know?” Heechul asked. Yunho looked at Heechul then back to Changmin.

“Don’t bother. He won’t be able to answer. He can listen though.” When Changmin heard that, he nod in response.

Yunho didn’t know whether to be amazed at that or bang his head on the table.

“What does Jaejoong eat?”

“Human food?” Heechul replied as Changmin made some hand signs.

“He said are you stupid or just an imbecile?” Heechul translated for the man.

“Very funny Changmin. I meant what he likes to eat. You know, chocolates or stuff like that.” Changmin point at Yunho.

“Chocolate yes. But a very specific one.” Heechul said. Finally, Changmin placed his food down and cleared his mouth with a sip of water.

“Jaejoong likes this Paris chocolate. You can find it in France. I can give you the name card.” Changmin said, reaching out for his wallet to find the card.

“What makes you think I have the time to go there when I’m meeting him in two hours?”

“You can fly.”

“Find a local shop.” Yunho said, deciding not to react on that snarky comment from Changmin.

“Alright then. This Chocolate Cake from Lover’s Bakery.” Changmin said, looking through his wallet full of name cards.

“Chocolate cake?”

“No. This Chocolate Cake. That’s the name, Your Highness. We always feed him with that when he doesn’t feel good. If you go now, you can probably get the last few pieces. They sold out really quickly.” Upon hearing that, Yunho grabbed the card and left the cafeteria. He slows down as he heads to his car.

“Why am I in a rush? Even if the cake solds out, so what?” Yunho mumbled to himself before dismissing it.

An hour later, he was back in the Old Palace. This time, he was sneaking around. Somebody tapped him on the shoulder and Yunho falls down, hands in fighting stance and ready to punch.

What he heard instead was a snap of the camera and Donghae laughing at him.

“Damn it, Donghae. You scared me.” Yunho said, relaxing himself.

“Why are you even so scared? It’s just another Palace.” Donghae asked, helping to pull Yunho up.

“Well you said they were special forces. You’ve seen them and I’ve been thrown out by them. Those dudes are bulky. And scary.” Yunho said, brushing off the dirt on his clothes.

“Come on. She’s waiting for us.” Donghae said, leading the way. They walked towards a small wooden entrance at the back of the Old Palace.

“Evil Teacher went off for tea with the Queen.”

“Probably to report Jaejoong’s progress. They’re inside?” Yunho asked.

“No they went to a teahouse nearby. You want to talk to him. Talk fast.”

“Got it.” Yunho answered as he sees a familiar palace maid waiting for them.

“Your Highness.”

“Where is he?” “He is in the gazebo. Studying. The guards are asleep.”

“Don’t worry. You won’t get in trouble for this. If somebody asked why, then tell them it was my order and my orders are your top priority.” Yunho said, reassuring the palace maid that she was alright disobeying the Queen.

“There, Your Highness.” She pointed to a small wooden gazebo where Jaejoong was sitting in. Jaejoong’s back was facing them, probably focused in studying.

“Leave me alone with him, please.” Yunho requested and Donghae nod, letting the man to approach Jaejoong alone.

“Kim Jaejoong.” Yunho called, imitating the voice of the old teacher. He sees Jaejoong tense up.

“That was quick. I’m not done with the Wedding Customs yet.” Jaejoong said, biting his lip as he turned around. What he sees suddenly made him feel angry.

“You!” Jaejoong shouted, throwing a pencil at Yunho’s direction. Yunho dodged it, ready for another attack of the pencils.

“I have cake as offering.” Yunho said, blocking the pencils from getting in the paper bag he was holding. That stopped Jaejoong.

“What cake?” Jaejoong asked. Yunho thought he was off the hook and decided to walk forward. Instead, Jaejoong threw a paint brush at Yunho.

“Hey watch it!” Yunho shouted, frowning but he kept moving forward as he sits down at the gazebo.

“Here.” Yunho said, passing the bag to Jaejoong.

“Thanks.” Jaejoong said, gladly taking the bag and seeing what’s inside it. He takes the slice of cake out before immediately digging in.

“Good?” Jaejoong nod in response to Yunho’s question.

“Can I have some?” Yunho asked, grabbing the extra fork but Jaejoong brought the cake away from the Prince.

“No.”

“Why not? I bought the cake.”

“Because you’re the reason I have to go through all this stupid stuff.” Jaejoong said, pointing to the load of books making a circle around him. Yunho looked at some of the books before chuckling slightly.

“This is funny to you?” Jaejoong asked, in disbelief that the man was mocking him.

“Well, these are just the Royal Basic Training. I did this when I was seven.” Yunho explained.

“Yeah. You were at the age where it’s so easy to absorb all this stuff and recite it word by word to the damn teacher.”

“Well I can’t help you with that. But don’t worry. In two days, you’ll be out of here.”

“Today is Wednesday, right?” Jaejoong asked, not sure after staying there without access to his phone or having a clock around him.

“Yeah.”

“My father’s coming home tonight. I won’t be there to meet him.” Jaejoong said, frowning slightly.

This was the first time Jaejoong didn’t go to the airport to get his father. As busy as he was, he always try to get his father from the airport. It was his way of reliving the days when Kangwoo had adopted Jaejoong and took Jaejoong away from the orphanage. It was his weird way to stay grounded and humble.

“Sorry about that. I’ll explain it to him. Actually, I thought your training would only start after we get married. Apparently, some things are still kept secret from me.” Yunho said, looking down as he sigh. He knew there was nothing he can do to get Jaejoong out of here.

“Now don’t cry on me. Just for that, you’ll get just one bite.” Jaejoong said, offering his cake. Yunho takes the cake from Jaejoong.

“I knew that would give me access.” Yunho said, laughing as he taste the chocolate cake. The cake was light and fluffy while the vanilla cream rounds up the cake very well.

“You lied to me?! Give that back.” Jaejoong said, reaching out for his cake. Yunho stands up and sticks his tongue out at Jaejoong as he continued eating the cake. He continued laughing as Jaejoong slips on his clothes as he tried to reach for Yunho.

“This cake is really good. Remind me to buy it again. I’m probably going to share this.” Yunho said.

“Oh really? Share with who? Junsu?” Jaejoong asked, stopping as he placed his hands on his hips.

“No. Share it with myself. You want some, Jae?” Yunho asked, offering the cake before pulling it away from Jaejoong.

“Give it back!” Jaejoong shouted but Yunho just continued laughing, playing with the man.

“What is going on here?! Jung Yunho!” Jaejoong immediately froze on the spot, his eyes looking behind Yunho in fear as his mouth hangs open. Yunho calmly turns around and greeted the two people glaring at him.

“Your Majesty. Mr Lee.” Yunho said, bowing slightly.

“Mr Lee, continue with Jaejoong. Have tea with me, Yunho.” The Queen said, turning around to head to the room. Yunho sticks the fork on the cake and shoves it into Jaejoong’s mouth.

“Swallow it before he can check your mouth. Good luck.” Yunho said, grabbing the bag with him.

“Yunho.”

“Coming, Mother.” Yunho said, leaving as he gave a thumbs up at Donghae.

Break In Successful.

 


 

Hope you enjoyed reading this!