A Forbidden Kiss

Our Royal Hours

“Really, Your Highness. It’s not safe for you to be out of the room. His Highness did say for you to stay inside-” Donghae stops talking when he sees a familiar figure standing by a motorcycle.

“And I did remember His Highness say not to meet your friend there.” The butler continued, following Jaejoong who was still walking towards Changmin.

“You know that whatever you say will not make me listen to you, right?” Jaejoong said, smiling at Changmin.

“Even when I can tell you where His Highness is right now?” Jaejoong stopped walking, turned to Donghae for awhile before he starts walking to Changmin again.

“Nope. I’m not going to fall for that.” Jaejoong said, finally reaching Changmin.

“Is there a need for Donghae to be here?” Changmin asked, obviously not happy with the butler following Jaejoong around.

“Yes there is.” Donghae stubbornly answered, staying close to Jaejoong intentionally.

“You can go back to the room, Donghae. I’ll be fine with him.”

“But Your Highness-”

“I think what Yunho said to me was walk away now. Shoo.” Jaejoong said, ignoring Donghae’s persistent pleas to be with the new member of the royal family.

“Yes Sir.” The butler finally said, deciding to leave the two alone. Of course, Donghae stayed a few metres away from him as he stalked them.

“He’s still there.” Changmin said but Jaejoong shake his head.

“That’s fine with me. If I stray too far, I might get in trouble.”

“Walk with me.” Changmin said and the two starts walking. Donghae followed, opting to walk a few metres away just for privacy sake.

Jaejoong stuffed his hands into his pant’s pocket as he walk side by side Changmin.

“Why didn’t you come?” Changmin sighed, hearing the question from Jaejoong. He knew the question was going to be asked soon after all.

“I don’t want to.”

“When I asked you to marry me, you said no.”

“That’s because we both know if we did, the relationship is not going to last long. That doesn’t mean I’m happy to see you get married with another person.” Changmin replied as they turn into the horse stables.

“So what are you doing here? I never knew you go to polo clubs.” Jaejoong asked.

“I’m here with the Prime Minister’s daughter. Courtesy of your father’s ignorant doing of setting me up with her.”

“So that’s the girl you met during the blind date. Wow, Daddy really did outdo himself.” Jaejoong said, laughing at his friend.

“Yeah he did. When my dad found out about it, he told me to coax her into meeting her father.” Hearing that, Jaejoong frowned.

“Another business relationship.” The man mumbled.

“We were orphans, Jaejun. How did we become to live like this? Living a rich life like this.”

“We were lucky. To be together in a family that loves us.”

“But not so unlucky when it comes to our love life.” “Changmin-”

“I know...you’re married and I’m going to be with this girl. Things have changed between us. But I’m sure that the feeling between us did not.” Changmin said, leaning closer towards Jaejoong.

Before Jaejoong could do anything to stop it, Changmin had went for the kiss as he place his lips gently on Jaejoong. Jaejoong’s reaction was to push him, slapping him across the cheek.

“Changmin! You can’t do that anymore. I’m married.” Jaejoong said as he looked at the man who had his hand on his cheek. Changmin just scoff, rubbing his sore cheek instead.

“Changmin, I’m sorry.” Jaejoong said, coming closer as his hand reach out to touch his friend. Jaejoong bring the man into a hug as Changmin rest his head on Jaejoong’s shoulder.

“Did it hurt? I’m sorry.” Jaejoong apologised again and again.

“It’s fine.” Changmin said, pushing Jaejoong away.

“You need to go.”

“But Changmin, I-”

“Just go. Yunho must be looking for you.” Changmin said, deciding to let him go.

“That’s not going to be a problem. Yunho is gone with Junsu. I can do whatever I want with you here.”

“Trust me, Jae. You don’t mean it when you say that you can do whatever you want with me here. Just go.”

“Alright.” Jaejoong said, leaving Changmin. He walks pass Donghae who followed him.

“Bye, Jaejun.” Changmin mumbled, looking at Jaejoong’s back walking away from him.

Going back into the building, Jaejoong was led to the same room he had been staying in.

Do you know when will Yunho come back?” Jaejoong asked, sitting down on a couch. The room was equipped with refreshments, a TV and even a laptop that Jaejoong can use.

“His Highness didn’t specify a timing. I suggest Your Highness get comfortable here.” Donghae said, sitting down also.

“Alright.” Jaejoong said, shifting to lie down on the couch instead.

“Would you like some refreshments, Your Highness?” Jaejoong shake his head, taking the notepad and pen on the table before opening it.

He starts shading, drawing lines and circles to come up with a jewellery design. It was his own way of hiding away when he was alone by himself. Changmin always told him that Jaejoong will be a great designer when he grows up.

“That’s a really good design for a ring.” Donghae said, peeking over Jaejoong.

It has been twenty minutes and the man had started walking around the room when he spots Jaejoong drawing something. It was a drawing of a ring that has a thin blue band around it.

“Really? It’s just a rough drawing. I have better ones at home, in my studio.” Jaejoong said, showing another drawing he had drawn just five minutes before.

“You drew two in twenty minutes?” Donghae asked, taking a closer look at the second drawing.

“Actually, there’s three.” Jaejoong said, showing the earliest drawing he did.

“This is nice.” Donghae said, admiring the necklace design that Jaejoong had just shown him.

“I’m glad you like it. It’s just a random thing that I do when I’m bored. As I’ve told you, there are nicer designs at home.”

“You can bring it to the East Palace. I can have Yunho arrange that for you.”

“No it’s alright.” Jaejoong said, shaking his head.

“I don’t want to bother him so much.” Jaejoong continue before sighing, wondering when he will be able to leave the club and head for the palace.

“I’m sure His Highness will be coming back soon. Why don’t I get you a drink and you can watch something on TV?”

“That will be great. Thank you.” Jaejoong replied and the butler the TV. He leaned his head on his hand, eyes slightly close as the TV drone on and on.

When did he return to the Palace?

He didn’t know. He only knew someone must have carried him from the club’s room to the car and from the car to his bed in his room.


Yunho settled himself in his room, feeling satisfied that his date with Junsu went well in the polo club. He was already planning of the next one, thinking that bringing Jaejoong to the polo club as an excuse allows him free access to date freely within that compound.

“Sir, you called for me?” Donghae asked, walking into Yunho’s room.

“Yes. Are you done with your daily duties?”

“Yes Sir. Is there something that you need me to do?”

Yunho looked at Donghae, eyes staring hard at the man.

“Is something wrong, Your Highness?”

“Yes.” Yunho noted, getting up before standing over Donghae. “Well, what can I do to help you, Sir?”

“How about you start by telling me what is it that you’re hiding from me?” Yunho could see Donghae get flustered for awhile before his face became normal again.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Sir.”  Donghae said, deciding that whatever he’s keeping from Yunho must be kept a secret.

“Who is it about? Dad?” Donghae shake his head.

“Mother?” Again,the butler shake his head.

“Is it about me?” Donghae did the same thing.

“Jaejoong?”

“No, Sir. I don’t keep anything from you.” Hearing that, Yunho smirk.

“What is it about Jaejoong?”

“I have nothing to say, Your Highness.”

“Well, let me just tell you that I’ve known you for years. You really cannot lie to me, Donghae. Do you know how I know that?”

“I’m not sure, Sir.”

“One point. We’re alone. But you’re calling me formally. When we usually call by name.” Yunho explained. Donghae close his eyes, convinced that Yunho is probably an expert in terms of reading people.

“Spill it. What did he do now?”

“Nothing, Sir.”

“Lee Donghae. Start spilling.” Yunho said, sitting down as he flipped the newspaper.

“His Highness went to meet Shim Changmin. That’s all, Sir.” Donghae said.

“Is he still sleeping?”

“No Sir. He’s awake.” Hearing that, Yunho sighed. “What else are you hiding from me, Donghae?”

“Nothing Sir...Yunho.” Donghae said, realising his mistake rather slowly.

Yunho stands up once again, glaring at his butler. He waited for his butler to cave in.

“Alright! I’ll say it. I saw Changmin kiss Jaejoong in the stables behind the dirt track.” Something snapped inside Yunho.

“What?!” Yunho shouted, already heading to the room across his.

“Sir please. His Highness didn’t do anything. In fact-”

“Move! Kim Jaejoong!” Yunho screamed, pushing his poor butler to the side when Donghae tried to block the raging Prince.

Yunho crossed the living room, pushing open the door to Jaejoong’s room. Jaejoong was lying down on his couch, hands lazily swiping pictures on his phone.

“What is it, Yunho?” Jaejoong asked, unfazed with the fact that the man came in a fit of anger.

“What the hell did you do with that Changmin, huh?” Jaejoong look at Donghae who was shaking his head furiously, not wanting Jaejoong to get scolded by Yunho.

Figuring it out that Donghae had told Yunho about his meet with Changmin, Jaejoong calmly stands up.

“Yes. I met Changmin. Is there a problem with that? I recall you meeting with Junsu too today.” Jaejoong said, crossing his arms.

“Well the problem is you kissed him!”

“Don’t shout at me. I didn’t kiss him. He kissed me instead.” The man said, still calmly explaining his reason.

“Does that even make a difference? It’s the same thing!”

“Stop shouting at me!” Jaejoong said, pushing Yunho away.

“Hey listen here!” Yunho screamed, grabbing hold of Jaejoong’s arms.

“I don’t want you to meet him again.”

“Well tough luck. We go to the same school, Yunho. And why should I not see him again when you can see Junsu any time you want to.”

“I don’t see him anytime I want to.”

“Oh yeah? Who was the one that left me alone in the polo club today?”

“I left you with Donghae.”

“Is that supposed to comfort me, Jung Yunho? Really?!” Jaejoong shouted. They glared at each other.

There were two knocks on the door and that broke their sharp glares. It was the Queen, holding onto an envelope.

Sujin eyed the two boys.

“Yunho, I want to talk to you. Come to your room.” She said, turning around.

“Just say it here. What is it, Mother?” Yunho replied, still wanting to talk to Jaejoong about his friend. Sujin raised her eyebrows on that before sighing.

“Alright. Donghae, get out.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.” Donghae said, bowing before leaving. He closed the door behind him, leaving only the three royals inside the room.

“Is there a problem?”

“Before I see you here? No. But now, yes. What were you doing at the polo club?” Sujin asked even though she knew what happened.

“Well…” Yunho’s eyes moved towards Jaejoong before going back to the Queen. “We went to ride the horses on the dirt track then spend time in the entertainment room.”

“By that, you mean riding on a car and sneaking into the woods where you were with Kim Junsu, Yunho.” Sujin corrected.

“What? No-”

“Here. Have fun looking at it. Please come to the Main Palace for an explanation, Crown Prince.” Sujin said before leaving after passing the yellow envelope to Yunho. Yunho takes out the content before cursing.

“Damn it.” Jaejoong got curious, grabbing the things from Yunho’s hand.

“What-” They were pictures.

Pictures of Yunho and Junsu sitting by the bench with Yunho’s arms around the other. Pictures of them smiling to each other.

Pictures of Yunho kissing Junsu. Pictures of the two having their arms around them as they continue smooching.

“So I can’t meet Changmin just because he kissed me even though I pushed and hurt my own friend-”

“Shut up.” Yunho mumbled.

“Yet here you are not saying anything about you and him.”

“I said shut up!”

“Don’t tell me to shut up! Get out!” Jaejoong said, pushing Yunho outside the room.

Yunho became speechless, seeing the man drop tears down his cheeks as he kept pushing Yunho away from the room. Jaejoong closed the door, eyes red from the tears.

“Jae-” Yunho called, feeling apologetic for once. He stops, seeing Jaejoong sobbed as Jaejoong covered his mouth to stop himself from making too much noise. He knew what he did was wrong but he didn't expect Jaejoong to be so upset about it.

The crying man walked further into his room, throwing himself on the bed.

“I hate the Palace.” Jaejoong mumbled, crying himself to sleep.

 


Hope you had a great Monday and thank you for the comments. Hope you had fun reading this one! ^.^