The Falcon Flying In His Birthday Suit

Our Royal Hours

“Heechul! You’re not helping me at all.”

 

“Relax Jae-”

 

“Relax?! I’m freaking out! My gosh...What was I thinking?”

 

“Jae! Really. Just sit down.” Heechul push the man to sit down on the bed amidst the mess of clothes, ties and pants around the room.

 

“I must be crazy when I said yes, didn’t I?” Heechul could only sigh once he heard that.

 

“Look Jae, it’s just an announcement of your relationship with Yunho. You’re not going to get married to him tonight.” Heechul said.

 

“Yes I know that! But this is going too fast. I haven’t graduate from school yet. I don’t even have a college degree in my hands. And now I’m getting married. To a prince!” Jaejoong pointed it out, standing up again. This time, Heechul has no need to push him back down.

 

“I mean I know he’s my ideal type but the idea itself is just ridiculous.” Jaejoong mumbled to himself though it was loud enough for Heechul to hear it.

 

“I should have made Changmin to stay behind instead of leaving for his house to get ready.” Heechul said, sighing before sitting down beside his friend.

 

“I know it’s scary. But don’t worry about it. You have your whole family beside you all the way. It will be fine.” Jaejoong looked at Heechul before throwing a small smile at the man.

 

“I love you Heechul.” Jaejoong said, hugging the man tightly.

 

“Yeah, you only love me when it comes to this kind of stuff. Now, hurry up and choose your outfit already.”

 

“Urgh...this is so stressful.”

 

While it was stressful in the Kim’s Family household, there was peace in the Palace.

 

For once.

 

Three hours to his own birthday party, Yunho was still sleeping in his bed. He thought, being it his birthday, he deserved some time alone. So, he dismissed everyone in his palace and only have Donghae in charge.

 

The ringing sound from his phone came again. Yunho has his eyes shut closed, knowing who it was. Junsu has been calling him ever since that night. As much as Yunho wants to come back to him, he can’t forgive Junsu for lying to him.

 

The phone stopped ringing but a few seconds later, there was the ringtone playing again. Yunho finally sit up, turning his phone off so no one could call him. According to palace protocols, the members of the royal family are not allowed to turn off their phone when they are alone. Yunho did not care about all those stuff. He just wanted some peace in his life for awhile.

 

Going back to sleep was difficult after that as Yunho stared at the ceiling, wanting very hard to go back to sleep. He starts to laugh slightly when he remembers the events that happened these few days.

 

It’s funny how fate changes his life so easily.

 

One time, he was with Junsu. The next, he left Junsu. This time, he’s getting married to Jaejoong instead.

 

“Jaejoong…” Yunho said to himself, feeling how his tongue rolled to form the words.

 

“Jaejoong and Yunho.” Yunho grimaced, not feeling a good vibe on that.

 

“Yunho and Jaejoong...right…Yunho… Jaejoong...Yun...Jae...YunJae?” Yunho laughed to himself, imagining what Jaejoong would say to that combination. Jaejoong will definitely not like it.

 

Time must have flown by fast when you day-dream. Just when Yunho was dozing off, his butler had stormed in.

 

“You are really going to be the death of me!” Feeling annoyed, Yunho rolled over in his bed while covering his ears with his pillow.

 

“Yunho. Get up!”

 

“Oh come on. Five more minutes.”

 

“No more five more minutes. You’re waking up right now. The guests have already started coming.” Donghae said, informing the prince.

 

Hearing that, Yunho sat up. “What time is it?”

 

“One hour before your appearance.” Yunho’s eyes grew when Donghae told him.

 

“Why didn’t you call me?” Yunho asked, rushing down his bed to get to his wardrobe. “Well, who was the one who didn’t follow protocol?”

 

“What protocol?” Yunho intentionally asked, finally remembering that he was the one who turned off his phone in the first place.

 

“Of course, a prince like you need not know about any protocol. Just hurry up.” Donghae said, standing outside the wardrobe.

 

Getting ready in a matter of minutes was a trait that Yunho was proud of. Although he was going to be late, he knew that he was going to be ready right before his appearance.

 

“How about my hair?” Yunho asked, looking at his reflection.

 

“The stylist told me that you’re going spray free. So no styling on your hair today. He said don’t forget to wear the bracelets. Plus, use his cologne for once. You always use the different brands instead. He complained, you know? Saying that he won’t style you anymore if you don’t use his cologne at least once.”

 

“It’s not my fault. His cologne doesn’t smell good..” Yunho said, spraying on himself some cologne.

 

A different brand like always.

 

Once he was sure that he was ready, Yunho walked out.

 

“How do I look?”

 

“Fabulous. Now, go.” Donghae said, pushing Yunho out of the room.

 

“Are you imitating my stylist?” Yunho asked but the questions were left unanswered as he walks down the corridor leading to the main hall. Yunho had no hand in the planning of his birthday except for the guest list.

 

Being his 19th birthday, he wanted to invite just his close relatives and friends. However, that didn’t really came through once the King adds in more of the politicians into the guest list.

 

“It’s good for your image if you’re seen interacting with them. Treat them properly.” That was what his father had told Yunho.

 

“Has the King arrived yet?” Yunho asked as they entered the holding room.

 

“The eagle and sparrow will be flying in late, sir.” A bodyguard told him. Giving a quick glance around the room, Yunho confirmed the fact.

 

“That’s new. I’m usually the one who is late.”

 

“There was a mix up on the sparrow’s jewellery piece.” Donghae said, looking at Yunho to check whether the prince was made up just like the stylist had told him to.

 

“But that doesn’t mean you should be late all the time.” The butler reminded him. Yunho dismissed him, not wanting to hear anything negative on his birthday.

 

Today is his day and he decided that if he wants something, he’ll get it. No matter how bad it goes.

 

“Alright. The falcon is ready.” Donghae said. The bodyguard nod, relaying the news.

 

“Sir, you will have a double door entrance after the King announce your attendance. Duration estimated to be in three minutes.” The same bodyguard said. Yunho nod, sitting down as he relaxed himself.

 

“Is the Kim Family here yet?” Yunho asked Donghae who suddenly smirked.

 

“What?”

 

“Just wait till you see the young Kim. Your jaw will drop.” Donghae said, still smirking.

 

“Don’t put my hopes up so high.” Yunho said, curious about Jaejoong. In the main hall, Jaejoong stands awkwardly beside Changmin as they stared at the room full of politicians.

 

“Hey, you sure today is his birthday? This looks more like a political rally to me.” Jaejoong said, trying to find anyone within his age range in the house. The ones who were are waiters serving the said politicians.

 

“Well, maybe Yunho’s running for president.” Changmin said jokingly, grabbing a champagne glass.

 

“Speaking of which, I can’t find my dad.”

 

“Me neither.” Changmin replied.

 

Their fathers had left them to mingle with the crowd. However, the crowd has suspiciously caused the two men to disappear among the crowd. There was the sound of trumpets playing before the door opens, revealing the King and Queen. Being in their presence, everyone in the main hall bowed at the couple.

 

“Thank you for coming to my son’s 19th birthday. Let me introduce you, my pride. Everyone, Crown Prince Jung Yunho.” The King announced and Jaejoong set his eyes on the doors opening.

 

“Here comes your future husband.”

 

 

Hope you had fun reading! Enjoy your weekends, everyone!