Questions Asked

Our Royal Hours

“Today in the presidential palace, the King has invited important media reporters and journalists for a press conference. Rumors have circulated, spreading whispers of the demolishment of the royal family as well as the alleged future engagement of the Crown Prince Jung Yunho with another royal member. Please stay tuned with our channel for a live telecast of the press conference.” Yunho look away from the screen, sitting down beside Jaejoong.

 

“We need to talk, Jaejoong.” The man said, insisting on the issue.

 

“No problem, Yunho. After we both separate. How about that?” Jaejoong asked, obviously not in the mood to talk to the man.

 

“You can’t just ignore me like that.”

 

“Oh like how you can’t ignore your lover for at least a week? It’s been what? One day after you’ve seen him with another guy and yet here you are today, shoving your tongue down his damn throat.” Yunho winced, asking Jaejoong to quiet down.

 

“You know what, I need a drink.” Jaejoong said after seeing how Yunho is trying to make him be quiet about the issue.

 

Jaejoong stands up, walking to the refreshment room. Yunho followed from behind, telling his guards not to disturb the two of them while they’re inside. Yunho locks the door behind him, deciding that the two of them won’t leave the room without solving this issue between them.

 

“I don’t get it, Yunho. You told me that nothing will happen between you and him and then the next second, you’re back with him. I-” Jaejoong immediately shuts up once he got pulled towards Yunho. The man stared down on Jaejoong. Jaejoong wanted to say something but he felt his throat went dry.

 

“The reason you’re acting like this...” Yunho said, taking one step forward. Jaejoong takes one step back but Yunho followed him, moving towards Jaejoong.

 

“You’re jealous, aren’t you?” Yunho asked, taking more steps forward as Jaejoong backed away.

 

The shorter man stumbled before feeling the wall on his back. Yunho tried not to laugh, seeing the panic in Jaejoong’s eyes when he realised that he can’t go anywhere.

 

“Of course I’m not jealous. Why should I be?” Jaejoong said, stuttering on his words before looking away. Yunho inched closer, still staring down at Jaejoong who had his face looking away from Yunho.

 

Why you ask? Well maybe...just maybe...you like me?”

 

“No!” Jaejoong exclaimed, turning to look at Yunho but he couldn’t start to explain himself when his eyes met Yunho. The distance between them was so close that the tip of their noses were almost touching.

 

“No what? You don’t like me? Or...you like me but you’re just acting that you’re not.” Yunho leaned in even closer as Jaejoong turn away again, his cheek facing Yunho. Yunho breathed out, his warm breath tingling on Jaejoong’s ear.

 

“You like me so much that you’re trying to impress me with that black suit of yours? What did your friend say about it? Hmm…” Jaejoong kept silent, unable to go anywhere since Yunho had blocked the man with his two arms.

 

“The black one make yourself look ier.” Yunho said, reciting what Changmin had previously said about the black suit that Jaejoong is wearing now. Jaejoong felt himself turning red, cursing Changmin for saying that. Yunho must have heard it when he was looking for Jaejoong yesterday.

 

The Prince heard the lock on the door open before a familiar voice came from behind him.

 

“Your Highness, one minute before your appearance. You might want to prepare yourself outside.” Donghae said. Yunho straighten up, walking towards the door.

 

“Come on Jae. We don’t want to be late.” Yunho said as he walks out of the room.

 

“You too, Mr Kim.” Donghae said, disappearing before the man decides to pop in again.

 

You might want to calm yourself down first. Have a drink.” Donghae said, pointing to the table full of refreshments before leaving.

 

“Right.” Jaejoong squeaked out a word before drinking a glass of champagne.

 

Twenty seconds later, Jaejoong got out of the room. He takes his place, sitting down beside Yunho just as he was instructed.

 

Yunho wraps his arm around Jaejoong’s shoulder and the man immediately stands up before deciding to sit beside his father instead. Kangwoo looked suspiciously at the two boys, dismissing it quickly. The whole group were called to stand behind the door.

 

At the other side of the room, the press conference were bustling with reporters who were ready for their new scoop about the royal family.

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen, media friends, the royal family.” The coordinator said before the door opens. The King and Queen walks out first, followed by the Crown Prince.

 

“As we can see, the royal family has entered the room followed by two men.” One of the reporters mumbled the Kim Corporation and there were quick murmurs between the reporters before more cameras flashed to take pictures of the two families.

 

The two families sat down behind a table with the King at the centre. Yunho and Jaejoong each sat on one side of the King while the Queen takes her place beside her son and Kangwoo beside his son.  

 

“The two men are the representatives of the Kim Corporations, a long-standing company that is headed by Kim Kangwoo who is the son of Kim Jihoo, a man who is a close acquaintance to the late King, His Majesty King Jung Daeho.” One of the reporters said, talking to the camera as a live telecast. The King waited for the crowd of reporters to settle down before speaking out.

 

“I, as the King of South Korea, the only monarch in this self-governed country is very happy to announce this news to the rest of the nation.” There were silence in the room except for the sound of the reporters keying in what the King had said into their own laptops.

 

“Is this about the royal family’s status on the new government stance?” The King hold up his hand.

 

“Patience. We will be addressing that shortly. I am here to announce a different news. My son will be getting married in a few weeks as per the late King’s will.” A screen lit up, showing two letters. One was the will of the King Jung Daeho and another was the letter of Kim Jinho, stating the same topic.

 

“My late father has requested for my child to be married to the heir of the Kim Corporations. With that in mind, my son will be marrying Kim Jaejoong, the heir of the Kim Corporations.” Ilwoo said, keeping quiet as murmurs starts to become louder.

 

“His Majesty the King, has just announced that the Crown Prince Jung Yunho will be getting married to Kim Jaejoong, the son of Kim Kangwoo who is leading the Kim Corporations.” The reporter on the live telecast reported from the room, expressing a mix of emotions to the camera. The King nod to the coordinator, signalling to him that they are ready for questions.

 

“We are open for questions. Pleas-” The moment the coordinator said that, streams of questions were asked to the panel at the table.

 

“Please.” The King pointed to the reporter who had previously posed a question while Ilwoo was in the middle of announcing the news.

 

“I would like to first congratulate His Highness the Crown Prince for this news. We have all known that the Prince has been leaning to the same gender when it comes to his love life. Are you really going to follow through with this wedding even though the partner is from the same gender?” The reporter asked, posing the question for Yunho. Yunho smiled, already expecting the question.

 

“Mr Kim Jaejoong and I have already discussed about this. We would like to honor our grandfather’s memory by following their words. Therefore, I am open to getting married with a partner that is from the same gender.”

 

“How about you, sir? What is your view, allowing your son to get married to the Crown Prince who is the same gender as your son?” Another reporter speaks out, posing the question to Kangwoo.

 

“I have always allowed my son to be true to himself and make his own decisions. He consults me for advices and I am happy to know that he is ready for marriage, even with the same gender. Just like His Highness the Crown Prince had said, my son would also like to honor my father’s last wishes.” Kangwoo replied.

 

“What do you expect the nation’s reaction to be, Your Majesty?”

 

“I hope that the nation would welcome Mr Kim joining the royal family.”

 

“A couple years back, you said that the royal family is striving to be close with its citizens or commoners. Is this your way of becoming close with your citizens?”

 

“Being the King of a government-run country, my goal has always been to get close with my people. As such my late Father had inspired. He wanted Korea to be one, equals among all of us.”

 

The panel continued replying the questions posed. Most of the questions were similar, asking them about their plans for the future as well as their views in the new government stance. One of the ministers in the government has speak out just last month, suggesting the demolishment of Korea’s last royal family.

 

It was only thirty minutes later that the coordinator stopped the questions, announcing that the press conference has ended. They walked back to the holding room calmly.

 

However, as soon as the door the holding room closes, the calm situation between them just disappears immediately.

 

“Is that how a press conference should go? It felt like we were in an interrogation room.” Jaejoong speaks out, complaining to his father.

 

“You should get use to it.” Yunho said, pulling Jaejoong to sit down beside him. Almost instantly, Jaejoong stands up again.

 

“So we can go home now?” Jaejoong asked, posing the question to his father.

 

“Your car is waiting at the East Palace. Please follow me.” Donghae said, pointing to another door.

 

“No need, Donghae. I’ll send them out.” Yunho offered.

 

“It’s alright, Your Highness. We can go with the butler.” Kangwoo said, wanting to be alone with his son. He knew something was up, especially with the way Jaejoong had behaved.

 

“No I insist.” Yunho said. The three of them bid the King and Queen goodbyes before Yunho lead the way. Donghae walked together with them, following the Prince like a shadow.

 

They walked along a corridor before entering the East Palace, a modern infrastructure unlike the Main Palace that bears the design of a traditional Korean palace.

 

“Welcome to my quarters, Mr Kim. Your car should be right in front.” Yunho said.

 

“You know Yunho, now that we are going to be a family, you can just call me Dad. Just like how Jaejoong calls me normally.” Kangwoo said as they finally reach the car.

 

“Of cou-”

 

“No way. I’m the only one who is allowed to call you that.” Jaejoong argued.

 

“Jaejoong.” Kangwoo called sternly, wanting his son to behave.

 

“Sir, can you give me some time alone with Jaejoong? I would like to talk with him if that’s possible with you.” Yunho said.

 

“Of course. Are you going to be long? If you are, I may have to go first. I’m rushing to the airport.”

 

“Ah no. Two minutes tops.”

 

“Alright then.” Kangwoo answered before getting inside the car, closing the door on Jaejoong when the boy wanted to follow.

 

“Two minutes.” Yunho said, holding onto Jaejoong’s arm before pulling the man away from the car.

 

“What else?” Jaejoong asked, looking away from Yunho.

 

“How do you normally go to school?”

 

“By car with Changmin. Why? Is that a problem with you now?” Jaejoong continued asking.

 

“Well, seeing that we just went through a press conference announcing that I am getting married to you...I am sure by now, the reporters would have known that we go to the same school and we are in the same class. So, I’ll pick you up for school starting from tomorrow.” Jaejoong went silent for awhile before nodding.

 

“Alright. That’s it?”

 

“Well...We didn’t finish what we did before.”

 

“Right. Bye. See you tomorrow.” Jaejoong said, wanting to walk off but Yunho pulled him back.

 

This time, Yunho covered Jaejoong’s escape route.

 

“There’s one question left unanswered.”

 

“And it will remain unanswered until I have the answer to it.” Jaejoong said calmly, pushing Yunho’s hands away  before rushing back to the car and not giving time for Yunho to get him back.

 

“We’re going, Heechul.” Jaejoong said as soon as the door close.

 

As the car starts moving, Jaejoong looked back. Yunho was still standing at the same place, looking at the moving car.

 

“What did you two talk about?” Kangwoo asked, looking at his watch.

 

“Nothing.” Jaejoong said, looking out to the road outside.

 

“Really?” Jaejoong looked to his father.

 

“Questions were asked but unanswered.” Jaejoong replied, deciding to stay silent the rest of the journey to the airport.

 
 

Hope you had fun reading!