Reunited

Our Royal Hours

The car stops right at the entrance with the reporters held off by the gate. Jaejoong blinked his eyes, the flashes from the camera affecting him. Yunho got down from the car before walking to the other side, opening the door for Jaejoong.

Jaejoong steps out, hand resting on the car door.

“You alright, Jae?” Yunho asked, eyebrows furrowed in worry.

“Yeah, a little dizzy because of the flashes.” Jaejoong said, blinking as his hand reach out for Yunho. The man immediately helped Jaejoong into the building.

“Next time we should wear sunglasses.”

“Just for going to school? Don’t be ridiculous, Yunho.” Jaejoong replied, smiling a little.

“There. That looks better.” Yunho said when he sees the smile appear on Jaejoong.

They were then interrupted by the reporters at the gate suddenly shouting. Yunho looked to the gate, wanting to know what was wrong to cause such a huge commotion.

That was when he spotted Junsu being surrounded by the same reporters. His bodyguard assigned to him was not there.

“That idiot.” Yunho said, seeing the boy being pushed and shoved around.

Another push on Junsu and Yunho lurched forward, running down the stairs and walking to the gate. Jaejoong’s eyes immediately followed the man as his heart sank seeing Yunho running over to protect Junsu.

“Hey, back off!” Yunho shouted. His bodyguards followed him, pushing the reporters away as the Prince tried to reach for Junsu.

“Your Highness, are you confirming that the affair is true?”

“Are you cheating on your consort?”

“No comments!” Yunho sternly replied, pulling Junsu towards the building.

“Hold them back!” Yunho ordered his guards, entering the building where Jaejoong was waiting.

Yunho lets go of Junsu’s hand, shaking his head.

“What were you thinking?!” Yunho shouted at Junsu who glared defiantly. “I told you to stay at home-”

“Yunho.” Jaejoong called, hand on the man’s arm.

“We can talk later.” Jaejoong continued, cautiously pointing to the reporters who can still see them.

“Fine. Go to class, Junsu.” Yunho said, grabbing Jaejoong’s hand and walking up the stairs. Junsu frowned, eyes following the couple.

“If it’s me, I would let it go Junsu.” Donghae advised but the said man just scoffed.

“I’m not you, Donghae.” Junsu said, carrying his bag over the shoulder as he walks up the stairs to the classroom.

Jaejoong sees Junsu walk into the classroom, a smile on Junsu’s face as if nothing had happened last night. The boy sit down behind his table beside Jaejoong, secretly passing a paper to the royal. Jaejoong look suspiciously at Junsu who had placed his bag before leaving the room again.

Finally, the man read Junsu’s note.

“Meet me at the room. I want to talk to you.” Jaejoong looked up, seeing Yunho occupied in a conversation with Donghae.

Even though he was still feeling dizzy, Jaejoong stands up as he really wanted to know what Junsu wants to talk about.

He walk passed Changmin and the boy stop him.

“Am I still included in your friend’s list?”

“Depends. Are you going to behave like that with Yunho again?” Jaejoong asked back.

“Nope.”

“Then OK.”

“Where are you going?”

“Somewhere.” Jaejoong replied before leaving the room.

Changmin looked at Junsu’s empty table, curious that the two is coincidentally out of the classroom. Changmin had a bad feeling about this, sure that Junsu has something up his sleeve.

Worried for Jaejoong’s safety, he walks to Yunho’s table. Donghae immediately stand up, blocking him.

“What do you want?” The butler asked, knowing that the student in front of him was the proprietor of the theatre hall incident.

“Wow, I have to go through the little servant first? Do you know where Jaejoong is going?” Changmin asked, ignoring Donghae.

“Cafeteria maybe. Why are you asking?” Yunho answered, feeling guarded when Changmin had asked about Jaejoong.

“Well...your consort and your alleged affair is both missing from the classroom. That’s all I want to say.” Changmin said, going out too. Yunho’s eyes confirmed what Changmin had said and the Prince wondered whether there is really something going on.

“Do you want the guards to search for you?”

“No I’ll go.” Yunho replied, personally hoping that nothing dangerous is going to happen.

Following his gut, Yunho head to his shared room with Jaejoong together with Donghae. In the said room, Jaejoong and Junsu was standing at the table, each of them at one end of the table.

“You said you want to talk?”

“I do but don’t you have any questions for me?”

I don’t even want to know what you’re thinking. Really, I trust Yunho.”

Junsu scoffed, hearing that.

“Trust is not a word to associate with Yunho. After all, you know what happened at Jeju.”

“I’m not going to listen to this.” Jaejoong said, his head becoming heavy as he clutched tightly on one of the chairs.

“I’m going to take him back, Jaejoong. Let me just tell you that first. I want to give you the time to leave before I steal him from you. You know, the ungraceful way.”

“Jaejoong.”

The two looked to the open door, seeing Changmin calling for Jaejoong. There was already a small crowd hanging around outside the door with none wanting to come in.

“Changmin, stay there.” Jaejoong said, stopping his friend to walk in.

The young royal hissed, head beating painfully as if there was a drum inside him. Junsu looked at him, his eyes suspicious when he sees Jaejoong behaving weirdly.

“You know what, I think we can talk later. I need to-” Jaejoong felt his eyes closed, his body weak.

“Jae!” Changmin called, rushing in immediately.

“What did you do to him?” The boy asked Junsu, arms pulling the unconscious Jaejoong closer.

“Jae? Wake up.” Changmin called, shaking him.

A man walked over to the fallen Changmin, his shadow covering the two of them.

“Move.”

Changmin looked up, seeing Yunho in a grim expression. Changmin didn’t move so Yunho bend down, arm going over Jaejoong and carrying him up.

“Yunho, put him down.” Junsu said, knowing that the man will listen to him.

However, Yunho only turned around to look at him with his eyes so cold.

“Yunho, I swear I didn’t do anything.” Junsu said, telling the truth for once after seeing how hard Yunho was glaring at him.

The man didn't say anything as he proceeded out with Jaejoong. Donghae was already waiting for him at the entrance after seeing Jaejoong collapsed.

The reporters at the gate immediately grabbed pictures, seeing Yunho walk out while carrying Jaejoong. They got on the car and the vehicles moved out.

“Where to, Sir?”

“His house. Call the royal doctor to come over too.” Yunho said, cradling Jaejoong in his arms.

He could see the man had been perspiring, something that was unusual. Yunho knew that it was definitely not the flashes from the reporters that were bothering Jaejoong. Something was wrong and Yunho didn't know about it.

He punched the car door, startling his butler.

“Your Highness, are you alright?”

“He was sick. Why the hell didn't I notice that?” Yunho asked himself, looking back at Jaejoong.

He remembered Kangwoo’s words back in the hospital.

“Jaejoong is very stubborn when it comes to being sick. Even if he says he's fine, make sure he's taken care of.”

“You idiot. Why didn't you tell me you were sick? Instead, you acted strong like nothing was going on.” Yunho mumbled to himself, pulling Jaejoong closer.

“Please be alright, Jae.” The man said as the car speeds up.

They reached the Kim’s house in under ten minutes, the house empty as Kangwoo had left for the office. One of the guards open the car door before bending, wanting to take Jaejoong out.

“Hey, no touching. I’ll carry him. Go and open the door.” Yunho ordered, coming out before he himself carried Jaejoong in. They head to Jaejoong’s bedroom and Yunho laid the man down.

“The doctor?”

“He’s coming in.” Donghae replied after asking the guards right outside through his intercom. Yunho sat down on the bed, holding onto Jaejoong’s hand.

“Your Highness.” Yunho instantly stands up, greeting the doctor that just came in.

“Dr Baek, thank you for coming over at such a short notice. Please do something. Jaejoong suddenly collapsed in school this morning.” Yunho greeted, immediately explaining the situation.

The middle-aged doctor nodded, placing his bag down before inspecting the unconscious man. Few minutes pass by and Yunho was getting worried, especially with how Dr Baek never said anything and just kept inspecting Jaejoong.

“Is there something wrong with him?” Yunho asked, getting impatient too.

“He has a slight fever but I don’t think that would cause him to faint. Your Highness, can I talk to you for awhile?” The doctor asked, thinking that there is only one explanation.

“Yes of course.” Yunho said, told Donghae to leave before bringing the royal doctor to the couch in Jaejoong’s room.

“Should I send him to the hospital instead? I should have done that just now, right?” Yunho asked.

“I’ve seen that you are constantly in the news reports these days.”

Ah yes..” Yunho regretfully answer, scratching his head.

“I think His Highness fainted because of it.”

“I don’t understand.”

“I believe His Highness fainted due to high levels of stress and fatigue. I will be prescribing him some vitamins and iron pills to make sure he has some energy. Other than that, just make sure His Highness is always relax and not be put under stress.” The man advised and Yunho nod.

“Thank you. Are you sure he’s alright?” The doctor laughed when the Prince asked again.

“Yes Your Highness. He will be alright.” Dr Baek said, announcing that he’s leaving after giving Yunho a slip of paper.

“Get those medicines immediately.” Yunho ordered Donghae before closing the door to Jaejoong’s room.

He sat down on the bed again, staring at Jaejoong. Yunho placed the back of his hand on Jaejoong’s forehead, feeling the heat radiating from his partner.

Knowing that Jaejoong has a slight fever from the doctor, Yunho gets a wet towel from the bathroom. He placed the towel on Jaejoong’s forehead, choosing to lean his head and stare at Jaejoong again.

“Be alright, Jae...I need you to get up.” Yunho said, holding onto Jaejoong’s hand. The hand felt cold to Yunho as if the body in front of him was lifeless.

“Oh god…” Yunho mumbled, bringing Jaejoong’s cold hand to his mouth before blowing on it to keep it warm.

He was interrupted ten minutes later when Donghae had knocked on the door.

“What?” Yunho asked, opening the door slightly.

“The medicine is on its way but His Majesty is on the line right now.” Donghae informed him, holding on to a phone.

“Yes Father.” Yunho said, placing the phone on his ear.

“I heard Jaejoong collapse. Is he alright?”

“Yes. Dr Baek said it’s just high levels of stress.”

“I see. And you?” There was silence on Yunho’s side before the man said.

“I’m fine. We will be back on Monday if you want me to come in.” Yunho said, knowing that he’s going to get punished for Junsu’s article.

“No I’m not going to punish you. I just need to talk to you about something.” Ilwoo replied before deciding to hang up after making sure that his son is fine.

The King gave his phone back to his butler before clearing his throat.

“Let’s do this, Ilwoo.” He told himself before nodding. His butler ordered the guards to open the door and he got down from the car. The guards were standing along the alleyway.

“He is waiting inside, Sir.” The King’s butler said, showing Ilwoo the entrance to the small house.

“Thank you.” Ilwoo said as they walk to the entrance.

The butler knock twice before turning the knob, pushing the door open after that.

Ilwoo looked inside. His eyes water, seeing the man standing in front of him.

For the past fifteen years, Ilwoo have seen him through pictures ever since the King left him and his mother. Now that Ilwoo can see that he is alive and living well, the King was relieved.

He knows he should make things right and it starts now.

“Hi, Dad.”