Not Happy At All

Our Royal Hours

The last school bell ring for the last time on that day. Jaejoong starts to pack his bag as Changmin approach him.

 

“Hey, want to go and grab something to eat?” Changmin asked, mindful of the guard that was standing beside Jaejoong.

 

“Umm...not today, Min. I have things to do.” Jaejoong said, lying through his teeth. He knew he was free the whole day that day.

 

“Alright. I’ll send you to your car?”

 

“That will be great.” Jaejoong said, glancing at Junsu’s empty table.

 

Junsu didn’t come to school the day before too and somehow, Jaejoong’s gut is telling him that it has something to do with Yunho. But of course, he threw the thought away.

 

The two walked out of the classroom together. Heechul was stuck in the office, having to attend to Jaejoong’s father.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Changmin said as they reached the entrance.

 

“Yeah, you-”

 

“Kim Jaejoong.”

 

Jaejoong looked to the direction of the voice, seeing Yunho leaning his back on a car.

 

“Of course he’s here.” Changmin mumbled. Jaejoong heard that, wanting to say something but decided not to.

 

“You promised.” Yunho reminded Jaejoong. Yunho figured that if he wants to talk to Jaejoong, it must be in public.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“Wait, you’re talking to me now?” Yunho asked back, surprised that it worked. Jaejoong just sigh, walking to the car where his bodyguards were waiting for him.

 

Before he could reach the car, Yunho had grab a hold of him.

 

“Take my car.” Yunho said, pulling Jaejoong to his own car instead. Jaejoong let the man pull him.

 

After all, they are in public and they were supposed to have a good relationship. Jaejoong get on, still silent before Yunho drives the car out.

 

“How was school?” Yunho asked, wanting to start a conversation. Jaejoong shrugged, ending it instantly.

 

The two rode in silence again. The car stops at a traffic light and Yunho looked at Jaejoong who had his face turned to the other side.

 

“Jaejoong.” Yunho called softly as he gently take Jaejoong’s hand.

 

“I’ve missed you. Please don’t be like this to me.”

 

Instead, Jaejoong defiantly pull his hand away as he choose to cross his arms. Yunho’s efforts to get Jaejoong to talk to him was futile. He drove on and the silence continue until they reach the East Palace.

 

Even before the car fully stops, Jaejoong opened the car. He gets down and started walking into the palace.

 

Yunho hurried, rushing to catch the man.

 

“Jaejoong!” Yunho called but Jaejoong ignored him as he only had one goal which is to get to his room.

 

“Kim Jaejoong!” Yunho called, hand reach out for the man’s hand before pulling Jaejoong to look at him.

 

“What is going on with you?” Yunho hissed.

 

Jaejoong glared defiantly as the bodyguards ran in, thinking that something was wrong. Instead, they see the couple locked in a fight.

 

“Let go.” Jaejoong said, his tone cold as he tried to get out from Yunho’s tight grip.

 

“Let go!”

 

“No!” Yunho shouted.

 

“I said let go.”

 

“No...I don’t want to let go of you. I just came back from Jeju and this is how you behave?”

 

“Let go.” Jaejoong said, not wanting to have the fight now. Yunho sees tears in Jaejoong’s eyes, ready to fall anytime soon.

 

“It was difficult, was it? Being by yourself here.” Yunho said, pulling Jaejoong closer.

 

“Next time, we’ll go together. Would that do?” Yunho asked, hoping that will work. Yunho sees Jaejoong nod, looking down.

 

The Crown Prince breathes a sigh of relief, pulling Jaejoong into a hug.

 

“Was it lonely? I’m sorry. I should have gotten back earlier.” Yunho said, placing a kiss on the top of Jaejoong’s head. Jaejoong push Yunho away slightly after that.

 

“I’m going to change my clothes.” Jaejoong mumbled, going into his room.

 

“Nice one, Yunho.” Donghae said, standing beside the Crown Prince.

 

“Yeah.” Yunho breathed out, feeling at peace that he has reconciled with Jaejoong once again.

 

As much as Yunho was accustomed to Jaejoong behaving that way, it made Yunho feel unsettled when the man had ignored him. The Prince knows he is guilty for leaving Jaejoong all alone while he was with Junsu. He just hopes that the man would forgive him should he know about it.

 


 

Jaejoong was sitting in his room, wrapped in a thick cardigan and wanting to avoid Yunho after that embarrassing fight they had. Jaejoong had vowed not to cry in front of Yunho the other night but the man had done just the opposite.

 

“Hey.” Jaejoong jumped in his seat when he felt someone rest his head on Jaejoong’s shoulder.

 

“What were you thinking? Your eyes were so vacant.” Yunho said, straightening up before throwing himself down beside Jaejoong.

 

“What’s that?” Yunho asked, reaching out for the paper that Jaejoong was holding.

 

“Nothing.” Jaejoong said, immediately keeping it in his pocket.

 

“Oh come on...you’re keeping secrets from me now?”

 

“What are you doing here, Yunho?” Jaejoong asked, wanting to change the subject. Jaejoong suddenly sneezed, taking a tissue paper before wiping his nose.

 

“I want to fetch you so we can go for dinner. Are you sick?”

 

“I’m fine. Let’s go.” Jaejoong said, sneezing again.

 

“Are you sure?” Jaejoong nod again.

 

“Hmm...so that’s it? No aww thank you Yunho for being such a sweet husband.” Jaejoong rolled his eyes, seeing how Yunho had imitated him.

 

“You know...like how you did that time in school.”

 

“Dream on.” Jaejoong answered, wanting to stand up. He was immediately pulled down with Yunho staring at him intensely.

 

“Not even a kiss?” Yunho asked, getting closer.

 

“Jung Yunho!”

 

Yunho groaned when he heard that familiar voice.

 

“What now?” Yunho cried out, resting his forehead on Jaejoong’s shoulder. Jaejoong just laugh at him, pulling the man to stand.

 

“Yunho.” The Queen called, pushing the doors to Jaejoong’s bedroom open.

 

“Yes Mother. How can I help you?” Yunho asked, hands wrapped around Jaejoong’s waist.

 

“Consort, please leave the room for a while.” Sujin said and Jaejoong immediately leave, choosing to stand outside the closed doors.

 

“What is-”

 

“This. Is it true you were with him all weekend?” Sujin asked, passing the papers she had in hand to Yunho.

 

The man look through the pictures, seeing that they were taken from a tabloid article online.

 

“You shouldn’t believe this.”

 

“So it’s true. Please come to the throne room and I hope you have an explanation for this.” Sujin said before leaving. Jaejoong got back in, looking curious.

 

“The Queen looked really angry. Did something happen?” Jaejoong asked, noticing that Yunho was looking away from him.

 

“Yunho...what happened?” Jaejoong questioned, his eyes spotting the papers that Yunho was holding. He snatched the papers from the Prince.

 

In an instant, Jaejoong’s smile turned into a frown.

 

“Jaejoong, I-”

 

“What exactly do you want me to go through, huh?”

 

“It’s not what you think.”

 

“You were kissing him, Yunho. In your bed!” Jaejoong shouted, throwing those filthy pictures back to Yunho.

 

“Hey, don’t just put me to blame. You left with Changmin in the middle of school yesterday for god knows what reason.” Yunho accused the man.

 

“I followed him to a bakery, Yunho. Not to a god damn hotel suite.”

 

“Then what’s all the stuff about you not eating? It’s because of him too, wasn’t it?! You made everyone here worried about you!”

 

“Oh I’m sorry...I’m sorry that I lost my appetite because my husband did not return my call. I’m sorry that I didn’t eat because I was worried that something happened to you. And I’m sorry for thinking that you were there, sincerely missing me like I am here. Like the stupid person here.” Jaejoong mumbled his last sentence before walking out of the Palace, a guard following him.

 

“Why is this so difficult?” Yunho shouted to himself, kicking the table leg before heading out for the throne room.

 

“We’re disappointed with you, Yunho.” Ilwoo said, disapproving his son’s behaviour.

 

“I know. It’s my fault.” Yunho said.

 

“You lied to us.”

 

“Yes, I know that.”

 

“Not just us but you lied to Jaejoong too, your own partner.” Yunho looked away this time, not wanting to answer that.

 

“Did you fight with Jaejoong again? Oh my god...Yunho, Jaejoong is a nice kid and you disappoint him every single time you go out with that friend of yours. Do you know that?” Sujin asked.

 

After the day when she brought Jaejoong to the spa, Sujin had learnt more about the boy’s kindness. Although she knew that she has to be strict sometimes. Like now.

 

“I know that, Mum. Why do you think I’m trying to keep this a secret from him?”

 

“In the first place, you shouldn’t have brought Junsu to Jeju.”

 

Well I’m sorry that you didn’t know, my Queen. But I’m not the only one who cheats on his partner in this room.”

 

“Yunho!” Ilwoo shouted, slapping his son.

 

“Don’t you dare speak of that again. Unlike you, I’ve regretted my mistake and have rectified it. But you don’t. So you have no right to mention about that.”

 

“I have no right? Who was the one who let my own sister die just to save another heir for the throne?”

 

“I didn’t just let my own daughter die in front of my own eyes!”

 

“You know what, I hope that lost heir of yours dies while growing up. So I don’t have to kill him myself.”

 

“Enough! Stop it, both of you.” Sujin said, standing up and going in between the father and son.

 

“That’s enough, you two. Yunho, you can go back. We will put out a press release saying that the photos are doctored.” Sujin said, wanting to settle this quickly.

 

“Thank you, Your Majesty.” Yunho said, leaving the room.

 

“And you let him leave just like that?!” Yunho heard his father say before another quarrel happen in the room.

 

He left the Main Palace, heading back to his own house. He knew Jaejoong would be upset with him. If he’s correct, Jaejoong would start his silent treatment on Yunho again.

 

“Donghae.” Yunho called, seeing his butler at the door.

 

“Sir, you need to go in now.” Donghae said, his face worried.

 

“What happened to Jaejoong?” Yunho asked, sensing that this has something to do with the man.

 

“We don’t know. Just now, he came back in crying. When I asked the bodyguard, he said Jaejoong received a phone call before he immediately came back.” Yunho felt suspicious with Donghae’s account and quickly head to Jaejoong’s room. Jaejoong was pacing up and down his room, teeth biting at his nails.

 

“Jae? What’s going on?” Yunho asked.

 

“Yunho.” Jaejoong said, turning his head at Yunho. Jaejoong’s eyes were red because he has been crying since the phone call.

 

Yunho half-expected Jaejoong to come and hit him but instead the man came and hold onto Yunho’s shirt.

 

“Yunho, it’s my dad. Heechul called me and said that he collapsed in his office. And now he’s in the hospital and...Yunho...my dad.”

 

“Ok ok. No need to explain.” Yunho said, knowing that something was wrong but there was no way he can get the information from the sobbing Jaejoong.

 

“Get the car ready. And call Heechul for the hospital’s address.” Yunho instructed his butler before wrapping his arms around Jaejoong, pulling him close.

 

“It’s going to be alright. We’ll go to him once we get the information.” Yunho said, trying to assure the crying man.

 

“I can’t lose him. He’s the only one I have.” Jaejoong cried out, tightly holding onto Yunho.

 

“Sir, the car is ready.” Donghae said and Yunho nod, bringing Jaejoong to the car.

 

Jaejoong couldn’t sit still in the car, eyes looking around as he tries to focus on something else other than his father probably dying in the hospital. Yunho noticed that Jaejoong have been so nervous that the man was rocking in his seat. Seeing that, Yunho grabbed hold of Jaejoong’s hand, gently rubbing the man’s hand with his finger.

 

“He’ll be fine.” Yunho said.

 

“I’m sorry. I got the call and I panicked and I didn’t know what to do. And I’m supposed to be mad at you even but you were the only one who is probably in a rational mind now. And-”

 

“It’s alright.” Yunho said, getting close to Jaejoong before placing his arm over Jaejoong’s shoulder.

 

“I’m just glad that you came to me. Instead of leaving me.”

 

“Sir, there is a problem.” Donghae said from beside the driver’s seat. Yunho looked in front, seeing the row of reporters at the hospital’s entrance.

 

“They must be here for Kim Kangwoo.”

 

“Just open one door then. Get the guards to move them away.” Yunho instructed and Donghae relayed the message.

 

“Come on.” Yunho said once the car halts to a stop in front of the hospital’s entrance. He hold Jaejoong’s hand tightly, making sure that the man won’t let go of Yunho.

 

Donghae opened the door for Yunho and the fiesta of camera flashes starts. Yunho squints his eyes, coming out first before turning his back on the camera so that he can shield Jaejoong too. The man gets out of the car, looking down.

 

“We’re going.” Yunho told Jaejoong, turning around before going through the reporters who shouted questions at Yunho over the tabloid pictures.

 

Yunho kept silent, trudging his way through to get to the entrance. Once they were inside the building, the guards formed a line to stop any reporters from coming in.

 

“Excuse me, can I know where the patient Kim Kangwoo is staying in?” Yunho asked the receptionist.

 

However, the female receptionist was stunned to see the Crown Prince in front of her and she continued to stutter as she kept staring at Yunho.

 

“Lady, my father-in-law is inside your hospital, probably dying. Tell me where he is.” Yunho demanded, annoyed that he wasn’t getting any answer.

 

“Jiho hyung!” Jaejoong suddenly called, looking to the right where their homeroom teacher is standing.

 

“Uncle Kim is over here.” Jiho said, pointing to the corridor. Yunho rushed to the man, pulling Jaejoong together with him. They get to the end of the corridor before entering one room.

 

“Oh god no…” Jaejoong muttered, seeing his father lying on a white, hospital bed unconscious with an oxygen mask over him.

 

“Daddy?” Jaejoong called, approaching the man slowly before sitting down.

 

“Dad, please. Don’t scare me like this.” Jaejoong said, hands shivering as he sees the unresponsive man.

 

“What happened, Heechul?” Yunho asked, wanting to get a clear image of the situation.

 

“The doctors said he collapsed because of an infection. Apparently, his flu turned for the worst and that’s why he collapsed.” Heechul explained.

 

“How did you take care of him that he collapsed like this?” Jaejoong questioned, scolding the man.

 

“I’m sorry, Jaejoong.” Heechul mumbled, looking down. He knew he was at fault. After all, Heechul was responsible for taking care of the man.

 

“Why say sorry now? You should have taken care of him properly, ain’t it?”

 

“Hey Jae, it’s not Heechul’s fault. He wouldn’t know it could get worse.” Yunho said, knowing that the man was still high from the adrenaline.

 

“Sorry, Heechul.” Jaejoong said.

 

“I’ll have him transferred to the VIP suite in the hospital. Jae?” Yunho called.

 

“Hmm?” Jaejoong answered, looking at the man standing.

 

“I’m going to go back to the Palace to make some calls and report to the King. You stay with your father.” Yunho said, turning around to leave.

 

Instead, he turns back around again before placing a kiss on the top of Jaejoong’s head.

 

“It’ll be fine. Don’t worry and be good.” The Crown Prince said before finally leaving the room.

 

He walk down the corridor, spotting the man coming towards him.

 

“Yunho.”

 

“Changmin.” Yunho stated, going pass the man as he head back to the car. His head turned, seeing Changmin disappear into the room.

 

“Of course he’s here…” Yunho mumbled to himself, feeling disappointed that Changmin will be the one that is beside Jaejoong.

 

Holding him.

 

Hugging him.

 

Comforting him.

 

Calming him down.

 

And Yunho was not happy imagining that.