Trapped

Our Royal Hours

Yunho let his eyes roam down Junsu’s body as if trying to memorise it.

“What is it?” Junsu asked, not feeling disturbed at the fact that Yunho was staring at him from top to bottom.

“I...Junsu, you know how all the royals are usually married at a young age, right?” Yunho started, treading carefully on his words.

“Is someone getting married? One of your cousins?” Junsu asked, feeling happy that a royal marriage is happening soon.

Though the next sentence uttered by Yunho immediately change Junsu’s bright smile.

“I’m getting married.” Yunho had stated, almost feeling happy when he sees the reaction from his lover.

“To who?” Junsu asked grimly, looking away.

“Well, my parents said that if I had a person in mind, I can marry that person. So…” Yunho stalled himself, reaching out for a ring box inside his pocket. He opened the box, getting ready to kneel in front of his lover so that a proposal can happened.

“No, Yunho.” That made Yunho stopped his movements, looking at Junsu immediately.

“What did you say?” Yunho enquired, trying to confirm what he heard just now.

“I said no. I don’t want to get married to you. Even if you ask me to get married to you tomorrow, next week, next month and even next year, I will never get married to you.” That statement crushed Yunho’s heart.

Feeling anger coursed through his veins, Yunho straightened up as he tightened his jaw. He was ready to lash out on Junsu for the reason on rejecting him when the both of them heard a familiar ringtone just near them. Yunho looked immediately to the only exit of the rooftop where Jaejoong was desperately trying to find his phone that was ringing.

Once he found the phone, Jaejoong immediately answered it as he recognised that Changmin was the one who called.

“Hey, good news Jae! Classes are cancelled because your dad somehow ordered them to stop. He wants you to come home now. I’ll wait for you at the entrance, alright?” Changmin said, not realising what he had done.

“Damn you, Changmin! You got me into trouble.” Jaejoong said, looking at the prince who was coming near him.

“Oh, hell. I’m getting out of here.” Jaejoong muttered as he turn his back and run for the door leading to the staircase.

“Kim Jaejoong, stop right there!” Yunho’s voice boomed out loud in the enclosed staircase and Jaejoong dropped his phone in fright. Changmin was left to talk himself on the phone as Jaejoong immediately leave the phone there. Yunho stopped to grab the fallen phone, looking confusingly at the caller id.

“My cute minnie? Who is this?” Yunho mumbled, keeping the phone safe in his back pocket as he continued running down the staircase.

“A little bit more.” Jaejoong encouraged himself, jumping down two or three stairs at once just so he could be a little bit more faster than the speedy Yunho right behind him.

“Changmin!” Jaejoong shouted once he sees the tall man waiting for him at the entrance of the building with his car.

“Hey Jae-”

“Start the car! Hurry!” Jaejoong shouted once again, jumping down the last few stairs before running out of the building. He tore open the car door as Changmin just starts revving up the engine.

“Hurry and drive!” Jaejoong said, still shouting as he locked the door on the car so that Yunho won’t be able to open the door if he ever get to it.

“Hurry, Changmin!” Jaejoong said, seeing that Yunho was already at the entrance.

“Get out from there!” Yunho shouted, banging his fist on the window which scared the two people inside the car. The car immediately jolted forward before screeching away together with Jaejoong’s screams. Yunho sees Donghae with his car before jumping into the open car.

“Follow that car. Now!” Yunho shouted at his assistant which caused Donghae to scramble to get the car moving. The two cars were then lead into a chase, mainly with Yunho following Jaejoong.

“Who’s inside there? Junsu?” Donghae asked, turning slightly to the right to over take a few cars before reaching right behind Changmin’s car.

“Jaejoong. Don’t let them get away. I want to talk to him.”

“Yes sir.” Donghae replied, immediately following his order. Donghae drove the car so that he could block Changmin’s car before successfully forcing them to stop the car.

Yunho got out of the car, looking smugged as he sees Jaejoong cower down inside his car. Yunho got to his car, knocking on the window before beckoning for Jaejoong to come out. Instead, Jaejoong shake his head furiously before looking at Changmin in shock when the window suddenly roll down by itself.

“Changmin!” Jaejoong called, upset that his friend had obeyed the prince other than siding with him.

“Thank you. Kim Jaejoong, get out right now.” Yunho said calmly, thankful that Jaejoong’s friend had helped him.

“Hell no. Who are you to make me get out of the car? Move your car. I need to go home. You can’t oppress me like this, Mr Jung. I can sue you for invading my private space.” Yunho looked at Jaejoong confusingly.

“Does he always talk like this?” Yunho asked the man in the driver seat.

“Somewhat.” Changmin answered, shrugging slightly. Yunho took a deep breath before beckoning once again to Jaejoong.

“Come out now.” Yunho said, leaning slightly to cover himself. Yunho realised now that the ruckus he made had caused some of the passer-bys to stop and look at them. He knew he have to go soon.

“No.” Jaejoong straightly answered, still being stubborn like a bull.

“Alright then.” Yunho calmly said, straightening up.

“Go back home first, Hae. I have some issues to deal with. You also, driver guy. I’ll send him home later.” Yunho said, referring to Changmin.

Swiftly, Yunho pressed the lock button before opening the door. He dragged Jaejoong out of the car, close the door before walking away with Jaejoong in tow.

“Let go of me.” Jaejoong said, struggling to be set free. Jaejoong heard cars moving and he turned behind only to see that Changmin had left him.

“Changmin!” Jaejoong screamed, attempting to run after the car but Yunho stopped him by still pulling the man. Another tug and Jaejoong was in Yunho’s arms with Yunho staring hard at him.

“Listen. If you don’t want to attract attention from other people, shut up and follow me.” Jaejoong immediately quieten down and Yunho continued pulling his hand, walking to an alley. Once they were in the alley, Yunho stopped.

“Sit.“ Yunho ordered with Jaejoong immediately following it. He settled down on the old rickety chair placed by the alley.

“So...on the rooftop. What did you hear?” Jaejoong flashed a mischievous smile.

“Until which part do you want me to hear?” Jaejoong taunted Yunho, looking straight at his eyes. Yunho leaned closer, their noses almost touching.

“Look, kid. I don’t like to waste time. Now, you better forget about-” Two men walked through the hallway and Yunho immediately straightened up, his head looking down. His hand pushed Jaejoong’s head towards the wall.

Miraculously, Yunho thought they were safe but then he heard one of the men muttered his name.

“We’re going.” Yunho said, deciding it was better to move so that people would not start any rumours about him again. Especially not when he’s supposed to be getting married soon.

Speaking of that, Yunho finally remembered the reason he was supposed to be talking with Jaejoong in the first place.

“Your grandfather’s name is Kim Jihoo?” Yunho asked, as he looked at the different cafes around them. Yunho decided to walk into one of the more secluded cafes before stealing a seat at the back of the shop.

“Why are you asking about him? He died a long time ago.” Jaejoong answered, sitting right in front of Yunho. Yunho’s eyes scanned through the shop, trying to identify any exit routes that they may need to use if they got mobbed by reporters suddenly. Finally sure that he got all the escape routes, Yunho turned his attention to Jaejoong.

“So, it’s tr-”

“Can I get anything for the both of you?” Both men looked at the waitress and Yunho shook his head.

“We’re fine here.” Yunho said.

“He’s fine but I don’t. A cup of black coffee, please.” Yunho looked at Jaejoong in shock as the waitress moved away.

“You’re paying. Just so you know.” Jaejoong pointed out which caused Yunho to shake his head once again.

“Back to what I was saying. You’re the one I was supposed to get married, right?”

“Not if I’m going to disagree to it.” Jaejoong answered him. The waitress came with the coffee before leaving them again.

“So you’re not going to marry me?”

“I don’t know. Must I?” Before Yunho could answer that, he felt something vibrate in his pocket. He took out the phone and Jaejoong immediately grabbed it.

“This is mine.” Jaejoong said, scowling when Yunho tried to take it back.

“Well, I found it. So, it’s mine now.” Yunho said before successfully grabbing the phone. He answered the phone despite Jaejoong’s protest.

“Hello?” Yunho had said, turning on the speaker so the both of them can hear.

“Kim Jaejoong, I want you back home right now! We are still not done yet talking, son.” Jaejoong immediately hits the mute button before grabbing the phone. Once he was sure he was the only one who could listen to his father, Jaejoong starts to talk.

“Look, dad. I’m kidnapped by grandpa’s supposed-to-be perfect suitor for me. So, instead of getting angry with me, why don’t you get angry with your future son-in-law?” Jaejoong said, tossing the phone back to Yunho.

Yunho immediately explained, leaving out the fact that Jaejoong had eavesdropped on his conversation with Junsu. After a few minutes of talking with Jae’s father, Yunho hang up.

“Your father gave me permission to hold on to you. As long as I send you back home. Now...Jaejoong, cover your face.” Yunho immediately said, seeing a familiar man walking into the cafe.

There is always that one reporter that could find Yunho and carve out a scandalous rumor about him and the said person had just entered the cafe.

“Why should I?” Jaejoong argued.

“We need to move. Come on.” Yunho said, keeping Jaejoong’s phone in his pocket before grabbing Jaejoong’s hands.

“Why?” The other man questioned.

“Just shut up and follow me.” Yunho said, going into the restroom and noticing that the reporter had followed them. Yunho pulled Jaejoong into one of the cubicles before covering Jaejoong’s mouth with his hand.

“If you want to live, keep quiet.” Yunho warned before taking his hand off Jaejoong.

“Why does it feel like I’m really being kidnapped by a creep?”

“Because you’re not.” Yunho hissed, upset that Jaejoong looks like he wasn’t intending to keep quiet anytime soon.

“Wow Jung, you don’t even deny that you’re a creep.” Yunho glared at Jaejoong.

“Your Highness? I know you’re inside. Why don’t you come out and smile for the camera here?” Jaejoong’s eyes widened upon hearing that. His hand immediately hold onto Yunho’s wrist.

“Who is that?” Jaejoong whispered to Yunho who in return put his arm around Jaejoong’s shoulder.

“As long as I’m here, they won’t get to you. I promise.” Yunho said.

“My Prince? Come out now.”

“Stay here.” Yunho told Jaejoong before unlocking the door. He stepped out, glancing at the reporter waiting for him before sighing.

“I should really ask my father to put up a law to fight reporters like you, Dongwook.” Yunho stated.

Lee Dongwook, a tabloid reporter that specialised on covering reports and making up rumours on the royal family. His favourite focus of attention would always and will always be the royal prince, Jung Yunho.

“Well, if you had nothing to hide, why are you so hesitant in coming out of the cubicle just now? Is someone with you? Someone...special, maybe?” Dongwook said, trying to get something out from Yunho but Yunho has learnt so much about Dongwook that he will never go under Dongwook’s traps.

“Who I deal with has nothing to do with what you want. I suggest you leave now.” Yunho calmly said. “You know, I heard a rumour just fresh this morning from the palace. I heard you’re getting married. Congratulations.”

“You must be mistaken. I hear no such thing.”

“Oh really? Hmm, I must be mistaken then. Well, I shall be going. See you at your birthday party.”

“I don’t think the royal family would have invited you. But if they do, please stay away from me. I want to at least enjoy my birthday celebration in peace rather than seeing you there. Goodbye.” Yunho said and Dongwook got out of the restroom.

Giving him two minutes to leave, Yunho turn back to Jaejoong.

“I’ll go out first. Wait for five minutes then you leave.” Yunho instructed but Jaejoong hold on to Yunho.

"D-don't leave me." Jaejoong said, scared that Yunho would leave him and the reporter would get to him instead.

Thinking of that same possibility, Yunho decided it was better for them to move together.

“Alright. But promise me, whatever happens, don’t let go of my hand. I don’t know what’s the situation outside but just in case there are reporters, keep your mouth shut and just look down. Don’t even look up if they say anything personal about you. Got it?” Jaejoong anxiously nod, immediately holding hands with Yunho.

“Let’s go.” Yunho got out of the cubicle first, making sure no one was there. He tugged Jaejoong’s hand, pulling the man out of the same cubicle.

Taking a deep breath, Yunho led the both of them out of the bathroom only to sigh softly. The entrance was blocked by reporters, waiting for the prince to come out of the shop.

“We’re stuck, Jaejoong.” Yunho said, making sure Jaejoong was shielded right behind him so the reporters won’t be able to spot Jaejoong.

“What are we going to do?”