The Silent Morning After

Our Royal Hours

When the sun rose the next day, Kim Jaejoong was determined. Determined that he will go through his three year stay in the palace in just one mode.

 

Auto pilot mode.

 

Jaejoong had slipped a penned letter down Yunho’s door when morning came. He knew Yunho wasn’t in. Jaejoong spot the man walking out to the garden in a sports suit a few minutes before.

 

Probably out for a run, Jaejoong had thought.

 

He was getting out of the bathroom, fresh from a shower when Yunho had burst through his doors. Jaejoong could see the man was angry with what he had written on the letter but Jaejoong kept calm, walking to the notepad and mask he had prepared beforehand.

 

“Kim Jaejoong, I want an explanation.”

 

“You mean how you explain your date with Junsu to your parents yesterday night?” Jaejoong thought to himself, rolling his eyes at the Prince.

 

He puts on the mask, covering his mouth before writing something on the notepad. Then, he showed it to Yunho after passing a file to him.

 

“I know you need an explanation. Read everything, dumb ?” Yunho read out loud before glaring at the man.

 

Jaejoong motioned for the man to read the file and Yunho did. Jaejoong had written a contract where in three years, Yunho must let Jaejoong go.

 

From the moment this contract is signed, Kim Jaejoong will do everything that he is supposed to do as long as Jung Yunho fulfils his responsibilities. By that, it includes leaving Jaejoong alone and not talking to Jaejoong again.

 

“You have got to be kidding with me. We can’t exactly just stop talking to each other.” Yunho said. Jaejoong write something on the notepad.

 

“Believe me, I’m grateful that I don’t have to talk to you anymore?” Jaejoong nod.

 

“You can’t be serious. Kim Jaejoong.” Yunho called, feeling ridiculous that he was in this situation.

 

“Watch me. You can go now.” Jaejoong write on the notepad, showing it to the Prince.

 

“Fine. You want to do it this way. We’ll see how long you can do this.” Yunho said, turning around before leaving Jaejoong in his room.

 

“Good Morning, Sir.” Donghae greeted when Yunho walks into the living room.

 

“Not a good morning, Hae!” Yunho shouted, slamming the door behind him.

 

Donghae frowned, looking at Jaejoong’s room where Jaejoong was standing with his arms crossed. Donghae approached the man instead.

 

“Good morning, Sir. You’ve woken up early today.” Donghae said. Jaejoong smile, taking off his mask.

 

“Good morning to you too, Donghae. How long do I have until the morning greeting?”

 

“Twenty minutes actually. As long as you two get ready soon.”

 

“What? But I’m ready.” Jaejoong said, not realising that he was just wearing a bathrobe over his body.

 

“I’m sure the King and Queen would prefer a more clothed son-in-law.” Donghae said, pointing out Jaejoong’s bathrobe.

 

“Oh right. I’ll be out at the living room in ten.” Jaejoong said, heading to his wardrobe to get a change of clothes.

 

Fifteen minutes later, Jaejoong walked out of his room.

 

“His Highness is still in his room. Would you like some drinks?” Jaejoong shakes his head, knowing that they’ll be having breakfast with the King and Queen today. Just as Jaejoong was ready to head back to his room, Yunho walked out of his.

 

The Crown Prince still had a frown on his face as he toss the letter towards Jaejoong.

 

“There. Signed. Happy now?” Yunho asked, standing over Jaejoong. The man stands up, pushing Yunho away slightly as he keeps the letter safely in his pocket. Jaejoong nod before turning around, walking away from Yunho.

 

“Where are you going?” Yunho asked, eyes following Jaejoong. The man gave a hand sign, signalling to Yunho.

 

“Are you going to the Main Palace, Your Highness?” Donghae asked Jaejoong who smile at him.

 

“Yes Donghae. We are going to be late if we don’t go soon.” Jaejoong answered, intentionally answering Donghae’s question and not Yunho’s. Hearing that made Yunho even mad than he ever was.

 

“I believe we’re going to the Main Palace now, Sir.” Donghae said, looking at Yunho who was standing still.

 

“I know that, Donghae.” Yunho said, eyes glaring hard at the back of Jaejoong’s head. They entered the Main Palace together, taking their seat beside the royal couple.

 

“Will you two be going to school today?” Ilwoo asked, looking at the two young men who seem to be far away from each other.

 

There was an obvious gap between Jaejoong and Yunho. An obvious gap that was noticed by both the King and Queen.

 

Of course, the two elders know this must be because of yesterday’s incident.

 

“Yes sir. We will be going after breakfast.” Yunho replied.

 

“Yunho, I hope you will learn from your lesson yesterday and don't make that mistake again. Especially when Jaejoong is around.” Sujin advised.

 

“Yes Mother. I will try to change my ways.” Yunho replied.

 

“Well I guess that's it then. We should go and have breakfast.” Sujin said, wanting to make the tension in the room short.

 

“I prefer we eat separately today.” Ilwoo said before leaving the room. Sujin sat there, surprised that her husband had said that.

 

“Alright. You can always join us tomorrow, boys.” Sujin said, giving a small smile at Jaejoong before going after her husband.

 

“Honey.” Sujin called, making sure that her steps are not rushed as she walked towards the King who was walking to the dining room.

 

“Honey wait.” Sujin called again, looking around and realising that they were alone in the hallway.

 

“Jung Ilwoo stop.” Sujin said, frowning. The man finally stops, turning around to look at his wife.

 

“What is going on with you?” Sujin said, finally catching up with Ilwoo.

 

“What about?” Ilwoo asked.

 

“Just now. You barely said a word to Yunho and you even refused to have breakfast with them. That is not fair to him, Ilwoo.” Sujin said.

 

“Not fair? What about Jaejoong? Are we being fair to him? By being fair with our son?”

 

“I'm not telling you to be fair with Yunho. I know we should be concerned about our new son-in-law. But Yunho don't deserve being treated like that, darling.” Sujin said, placing her hand on his arm. Ilwoo looked at his wife disapprovingly.

 

“He went out on a date one day after his wedding. One day, Sujin! We didn't bring him up to behave like that. If I had my way, I would have revoked his status as a royal.” Ilwoo said.

 

“Why don't we talk this over tea? Hmm? Calm down a little?” Sujin said rubbing her hand comfortingly on Ilwoo’s back.

 

She brings him to the dining room and dismissed everyone. Ilwoo sat down as Sujin makes a pot of tea. She poured the tea on a cup, placing it on the table beside Ilwoo. Sitting down beside her husband, Sujin motioned for the King to drink his tea.

 

“I'm worried that if Yunho don't stop, somebody will get hurt. And I don't want Jaejoong to be the one at the receiving end.” Ilwoo said, placing the cup down after he had took a sip of it.

 

“Well he's your son. I'm not surprised he's just like you.” Sujin said.

 

“You're making things worse. We need the two of them to be together. Living happily. And here you are bringing up things from the past.” The Queen sigh, placing her hand on Ilwoo’s.

 

“I'm not saying it just to bring the issue up. What I meant is that he's just like you and I know he's going to make decisions that will benefit him. You came through with that woman, choosing to stay with me. I'm sure Yunho will do the same and stay with Jaejoong. We just have to lead him instead of pushing him away from us.”

 

“If Yunho had known how you always think about his well-being, he wouldn't have dislike you so much.” Sujin chuckled, hearing her husband say that.

 

“Please darling, we both know that Yunho hates me.”

 


 

Back in the East Palace, Jaejoong was grateful that they were not having breakfast with Yunho’s parents. It would be easier for him to ignore Yunho this way.

 

Ever since they left the throne room, Yunho had tried to talk to Jaejoong but all he gets was either a nod or just plain silence from the man. However Jaejoong was talking a lot to Donghae, asking what time are they supposed to go to school and even personal questions about Donghae.

 

They talk to each other as if they were close friends and the Crown Prince didn’t like it at all.

 

Not even one single bit.

 

“You’re not allowed to talk to Jaejoong anymore.” Yunho said when he was finally alone in his room after their breakfast. Donghae just chuckle, choosing to sit down and wait for the Crown Prince to get ready.

 

“Don’t just laugh. I’m serious, Donghae.” Yunho said, changing to his school uniform.

 

“You’re ridiculous, Yunho. Jaejoong is just mad about you with Junsu. Just say sorry and this thing will go away.” Donghae said, shaking his head.

 

“No. Didn’t you see just now? He made me sign a marriage contract. Just to irritate me. Well, just wait until no one here speaks to him except for me. He’ll be bored and will end up talking to me again.” Donghae raised his eyebrows when he heard what Yunho had said.

 

“Or instead of you being so stubborn to say sorry, give him something as an apology. Flowers would be great.” The butler suggested. He knew Yunho too well.

 

The man is stubborn as a bull. Other than Junsu, Yunho won’t apologise to anyone else.

 

“Flowers then. Go buy some and put it on his table at school.”

 

“Okay.” Donghae said, still sitting there. Yunho stared at him and the butler stared back.

 

“What are you still doing here?” Yunho asked.

 

“What?”

 

“I told you to buy some flowers. Go now.” Yunho said, pointing to the door.

 

“Yes sir.” Donghae said, leaving immediately.

 

Ten minutes after, Yunho walked out and he spots Jaejoong sitting at their living room.

 

“Donghae won’t be here. He’s running an errand for me. Come on.” Yunho said. Jaejoong nod, standing up and walking out of the Palace where the car was waiting for them.

 

“Thank you.” Jaejoong cheerfully said as one of the bodyguards open the door for him.

 

“No problem, Your Highness. You look good today, Sir.” The bodyguard said, standing by the car door. Yunho pushed him away so he can get on too.

 

“Two things. One, he’s going to school and not to a function. So he doesn’t look good. And two, you’re fired.” Yunho said as he sees the look of surprise on the bodyguard’s face. He slammed the door close before looking at Jaejoong.

 

“You like it when people say you look good, Jaejoong?” The said man tightened his mouth as his reflex to answer back kicks in. Jaejoong calmly take out his notebook from his bag before writing.

 

“Yes.” Jaejoong said, showing it to Yunho.

 

“You’re going to keep doing this to me? Until when?” It takes a few more seconds for Jaejoong to write something else.

 

“Three years which is at the point where you divorce me. And yes, I’m going to keep being silent when I’m with you.” Yunho’s anger intensified when he read that.

 

“Fine! We’ll see how long you can stand not talking to me.” Yunho said, crossing his arms and looking the other way. That was when he realise the car wasn’t moving. He snapped at the driver instead.

 

“What are you waiting for? Three years? Hurry up and drive!”

 

Well, we can all safely say, the Crown Prince was real mad that morning.

 

Really mad.

 

 

 


 

 

There are now officially 25 chapters of Our Royal Hours. So...if I put a hiatus to this now, that would be OK, right? Hehe...

Hope you had fun reading!