The New Royal In The Throne Room

Our Royal Hours

Come Monday morning, Yunho was eager to leave but he was stopped when Donghae informed him that there is a morning greeting scheduled for Yunho. Entering the throne room, the Crown Prince greeted his parents before sitting down.

 

“I heard from Donghae that you will be getting Jaejoong back today?” Ilwoo asked and Yunho nod.

 

So if you can, I would like to seek your permission to skip breakfast with you and get to the Kim’s Mansion soon.” Yunho said impatiently. “I need to talk to you two about something. Will you be able to meet me after school here?”

 

“This matter that you want to talk to us is regarding what exactly?” Yunho questioned, seeing the Queen’s facial expression changing the moment Ilwoo had mentioned that he wants to talk.

 

“It’s better for us to talk later.”

 

“Sure. I will get Jaejoong and meet you two here.” Yunho said, standing up.

 

“Count me out, honey. I don’t wish to hear it again. It’s unbearable for me.” Sujin said, leaving first.

 

“What is she talking about?” Yunho asked but Ilwoo just tell him to leave.

 

Ignoring the suspicious exchange, Yunho leaves the throne room. He walk to the entrance of the Main Palace where Donghae is waiting for him with the car.

 

“To the Kim’s Mansion, Sir?”

 

“Yes Donghae.” Yunho said, getting on the car. The entourage drives out of the Palace compound, moving towards the mansion.

 

Jaejoong have been waiting for Yunho to come and fetch him. The past two days by himself allowed him time and space to think about his relationship with Yunho and he knows that he should heed his father’s advice.

 

Heechul had wanted to wait with Jaejoong but the royal have told him to be with his father. After all, Kangwoo is going for a business trip and Jaejoong was worried that no one is going to take care of him.

 

So, there was Jaejoong. Waiting at the front porch with his five bodyguards as they look for any sign of Yunho or any vehicle.

 

The glimpse of Yunho’s car made Jaejoong nervous, his heart racing as he didn’t know what to expect. He sees the car stop before Donghae got out of the car. He opened the car door.

 

Thinking that the butler had done that for him, Jaejoong stands up as he walk towards the car. Instead, Yunho got out from the car before looking at Jaejoong who is still walking towards him.

 

“Good morning.” Yunho greeted, giving a small smile at Jaejoong. Yunho was feeling uneasy, not certain what to do. At the sight of Jaejoong, the royal had just wanted to hug the man so tight but Yunho had controlled himself.

 

“Good morning, Yunho.” Jaejoong greeted him back once he was standing right in front of Yunho.

 

The two stared at each other, both uncertain on whether they should say something else. Yunho reach out to hug Jaejoong, pulling him close.

 

“I miss you.” Yunho said, a phrase coming straight from his heart. Jaejoong smiled, hugging the man back.

 

“I miss you too.” Jaejoong replied, eyes close as they stayed that way.

 

Donghae coughed, attracting the couple’s attention.

 

We should go or you will be late.” Donghae said, holding on to the car door.

 

“Right. After you.” Yunho said, stepping aside as he lets Jaejoong get on the car first. The Prince walk to the other side of the car, getting in.

 

“We can go now.” Yunho said once Donghae was inside the car. The two ride in silence, both looking away. Seeing that, Donghae decided to do something.

 

“Your Highness, will you be coming back to the Palace today?” Donghae asked Jaejoong, looking behind to see that the man had his mouth hanging open.

 

“Umm...I’m not sure about-”

 

“He will be. Father wants to meet us after school. I’m sorry but we won’t be able to stay over at your house for one week.” Yunho explained.

 

“That’s alright. My dad is out for a business trip with Heechul. If we continue staying there, it will be…” Jaejoong gulped when Yunho look at him.

 

“It will be...boring.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Oh. Great then.” Yunho replied him.

 

The two locked eyes before looking away, the awkward silence continuing throughout the car.

 

The car stops right at the entrance of the school. Yunho gets out from the car, walking to the other side of the car to open Jaejoong’s door as usual.

 

Meanwhile, the reporters were busy shouting questions as they recognised the boy sitting inside the car that just went through the school gates. Jaejoong gets out, eyes following the car just like Yunho.

 

Both of them didn’t recognise the new car so they were both curious on who the person riding inside was. Yunho looked away immediately when he sees Junsu and Yoochun getting down from the car.

 

Their faces were still slightly bruised, something that Yunho was ready to laugh about.

 

“Good morning.” Jaejoong greeted Junsu but the boy just walk pass him to stand in front of Yunho.

 

“I need to talk to you, Yunho.” Junsu said but the man look away, eyes not wanting to look at the individual who had betrayed him.

 

“Let’s go, Jae.” Yunho said, grabbing Jaejoong’s hand before walking into the building.

 

“Yunho, please.” Junsu chased the man, holding onto Yunho’s arm.

 

“Hey watch it.” Yunho said, pulling his hand away.

 

“Donghae, are you trying to test my patience here?” The royal asked his butler.

 

“Guards, please pull him away.” Donghae ordered and immediately Junsu was pulled away from the royal couple.

 

“I want him taken out from the class too, Donghae.” Yunho said before pulling Jaejoong up the stairs.

 

“Yunho, you can’t do this to me. Yunho!” Junsu cried out, struggling from the guard’s hold. Only when Yunho had disappeared up the stairs did the guards let him go.

 

“I think you need a new class.” Donghae told Junsu before going to the admissions office for the change in the class roster.

 

As soon as they reach the class, Yunho left Jaejoong to sit at his table. The couple was early, being the only two people alone in the classroom. Jaejoong place his bag in his locker, taking a seat. He looked across to Yunho’s table where the man was looking at him.

 

Realising that they were looking at each other, the couple look away. Yunho cleared his throat, standing up. Jaejoong had seen Yunho from the side of his eyes but he pretended to write something on his book, acting as if he was busy.

 

“Jae?”

 

“Hmm yeah?” Jaejoong looked up, seeing Yunho towering over him.

 

“I...Have you had breakfast yet?” Yunho asked, hoping that the man didn’t.

 

“Oh I did. Heechul cooked breakfast though half of it was not edible.” Jaejoong replied.

 

“I’m going to get some breakfast from the room. You can...uh…you can stay here with the guards.” Yunho said, turning his back on Jaejoong. Seeing Yunho wanting to leave, Jaejoong stands up.

 

“I could use a drink.” Hearing that, Yunho turned to look at Jaejoong.

 

“The omelette was a bit dry.” Jaejoong continued, walking to him.

 

“Join me then.” Yunho said, smiling this time as he hold out his hand. Jaejoong walked pass him, not even giving a glance at Yunho’s hand.

 

“Of course. What was I thinking really?” Yunho mumbled to himself.

 

There was no way that Jaejoong would waltz so easily into his arms. The man will not do anything with Yunho unless the Prince had initiated it. Yunho retreated his hand, walking to the room as well.

 

Jaejoong had arrived first, standing in the middle of the kitchen and searching for the chef on standby.

 

“Hey.” Yunho called out.

 

“Where’s the chef?” Yunho asked, looking around. “You didn’t scare him away, did you?”

 

“Very funny, Yunho.” Jaejoong said, rolling his eyes as he look around for food. The basic ingredients were there, including the stove as well as the pots and pans.

 

“You said you were hungry?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“I didn’t eat breakfast just now. I...I woke up late.” Yunho said, not wanting to tell Jaejoong that he intentionally had woken up early just to get to his partner.

 

“You woke up late but we were the two people who reach the class first.” Jaejoong said, looking at Yunho before continuing to dig through the refrigerator.

 

“Are eggs and bacon good enough for you?”

 

“That will do.” Yunho said, leaning on the counter as he watches Jaejoong move around the stove.

 

“Jaejoong.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What I said the last when we met, you should know that I was serious.”

 

“And you also know that I have a hot frying pan in my hand now that I can throw at you.” Jaejoong replied.

 

The response made Yunho go silent, thinking that Jaejoong would really do what he threaten. Jaejoong turned off the stove, placing three slices of bacon and two pieces of sunny side up. He turned around, taking the plate over to Yunho. Jaejoong stands right in front of the man, looking up.

 

“Honestly, Yunho. I can’t trust you. We had an agreement and I suggest you follow that arrangement now. I will also honor that agreement, becoming your partner and being a friend is the only option I can offer you now. After three years, please divorce me.” Jaejoong said, ing the plate at Yunho before turning his back on the Prince.

 

Yunho didn’t know what to say, seeing Jaejoong walk back to the refrigerator with two glasses.

 

“Would you like any drink?” Jaejoong asked, taking out a jug of orange juice. “Yunho?”

 

“Uh...whatever you’re having.” Yunho said, heading out to sit at the dining table instead. He sees the two men in black suits standing guard by the closed door. Jaejoong set the glass of orange juice beside Yunho.

 

“There you go.” Jaejoong said, taking a seat beside him.

 

“Is there...is there no way that I can earn your trust again?” Yunho asked, his voice hushed to avoid being heard by the guards. Jaejoong takes a sip of his drink before standing up.

 

“I’m going back to class first. You...enjoy your breakfast.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Jaejoong please. Answer my question first.” Yunho said, holding onto Jaejoong’s hand.

 

“What we are doing right now is a repeat. A repeat of a repetition that started ever since we got married. I think you see the end of this with us being happy together but I don’t see it that way. I see it as you leaving and getting yourself caught in tabloids with Junsu and crawling back to me for forgiveness. How do you expect me to trust you? How do you want me to when right after I told you to leave me, you went back to Junsu last Firday? Tell me how, Yunho.” Jaejoong said, placing his hand on the table and glaring hard at Yunho. The man sitting down stared, gulping before leaning closer.

 

“Yunho.” Jaejoong called, hand placed on Yunho’s chest to push him away slightly. “I’m not Junsu. You can't just kiss your way to get me. The past few days have been great but I don’t know you and you don’t know me. I will play my part so you do yours as well. Now hug me.”

 

“Huh?” Yunho asked.

 

“Hug me. So your guards there will think that we’re alright.”

 

“But Jae-” Yunho stopped talking the moment Jaejoong hugged him.

 

“I love you, Yunho. Let’s not separate again.” Jaejoong said before pulling away.

 

“I’m going back to the classroom. You eat your breakfast.” The man said, leaving the room.

 

Jaejoong walked out, seeing the door close again.

 

“Am I even doing this right?” Jaejoong asked himself, not feeling good for clearly drawing a line between the two of them.

 

He goes back to class, seeing Yoochun in the room.

 

“What happened to you?” Jaejoong asked, grabbing a chair and sitting across Yoochun.

 

“What do you mean?” Jaejoong pointed to the bruises on Yoochun’s face as a reply.

 

“Oh this? You should ask your husband instead. After all, he was the one who did this.” Yoochun replied, hissing when he tried to smile. “I don't even get why you are still staying with him. Yunho is violent.”

 

“There must be a reason for him to do this to you.” Jaejoong said, knowing that the royal won't start punching anyone without a reason.

 

The mighty man was level headed that way.

 

“Well the reason goes along the way of Yunho barging into Junsu’s house and catching us in the bed.” Yoochun explained.

 

“So it was true. Junsu was cheating on Yunho. When did this happened?” Jaejoong asked. The man was shocked to hear that Yunho had caught Junsu cheating but to think that Yunho had kept this from him made Jaejoong question why.

 

“Last Friday. The day you fainted.” Now everything made sense to Jaejoong. The reason why Yunho looked so defeated that day and immediately left was because of this.

 

The consort immediately regretted what he had said to Yunho just ten minutes ago. Yunho was definitely not with Junsu the past weekend and Jaejoong had accused him of doing so.

 

“So-”

 

“Park Yoochun!” Jaejoong turned around, seeing Changmin taking huge steps towards them.

 

“I need to talk to you. Outside. Now.” Changmin insisted and Yoochun calmly nodded.

 

“Sorry Jaejoong. We can talk next time.” Yoochun told the royal before leaving the classroom with Changmin. As soon as they were alone, Changmin slammed Yoochun right at the wall.

 

“I told you not to touch him.”

 

“Relax, Changmin. He came to me.” Yoochun said, taking Changmin’s hand off him. “Plus, since when am I supposed to listen to you? You're supposed to be obeying me.”

 

“I don’t need to obey you.” Changmin spat out. Hearing that made Yoochun laugh.

 

“Oh really? Then there’s no problem with you when I hurt your little friend.”

 

“Don’t you dare do that. That was not our deal.”

 

“Well let me remind you of our deal. You work for me and I’ll stay away from Jaejoong. Simple enough, no?” Yoochun asked, scoffing before leaving the boy alone.

 


 

The day at school ended a few hours later.

 

Seeing that they were supposed to meet the King right after school, Yunho wanted to leave as fast as possible. He stands at Jaejoong’s table, waiting for the man to pack his bag.

 

Jaejoong had spent his time during class drawing on papers after papers. Seeing that, Yunho was sure that the man will be really excited when Jaejoong sees the surprise he prepared for him.

 

 

“Alright. I’m done.” Jaejoong said, collecting the stray papers and stuffing it in his bag. “Are we going?”

 

“Yeah.” Yunho answered, reaching out to hold Jaejoong’s hand. Instead, Jaejoong had walked ahead.

 

Yunho followed from behind, only to be stopped by Yoochun.

 

“What?”

 

“Going back to the Palace?” Yoochun asked.

 

“Yes. You have a problem with that?” The Prince questioned.

 

“No. Just asking.” Yoochun replied, not wanting to break the surprise their father is having for Yunho.

 

“Next time, don’t bother.” Yunho said, heading out.

 

Jaejoong was nowhere to be seen so Yunho walked to the entrance of the school where the car was waiting for him. Jaejoong was already inside, settled down comfortably in his seat.

 

“We can go now.” Yunho said once he sees Donghae sitting beside the driver. The car moves out of the school compound, driving to the Main Palace.

 

“Yunho, I've been thinking. If we're going to stay in the Palace from now on, what about my clothes at my old house?” Yunho stared at Jaejoong, his mind processing the question posed before answering.

 

“Just buy a few more clothes then. You can leave your old clothes at your house.”

 

“But that is so wasteful.”

 

“We can take it after the meeting with Father then.” Yunho replied. The couple shared another trip back in silence, this time stopping at the Main Palace.

 

“His Majesty is waiting for you in the throne room, Sir.” Donghae informed the two as they enter the historical building.

 

Yunho glanced around and to the parking lot, spotting a familiar car. He dismissed his thoughts, standing in front of the room with Jaejoong.

 

“My father wants to meet us.” Yunho told the palace maid waiting outside the door. The woman nod before turning to the door that was slightly open.

 

“His Highness Crown Prince Jung Yunho and his consort His Highness Kim Jaejoong is here for an audience.” She announced before pushing open the door.

 

“You may enter.” Yunho nod back, trudging inside with Jaejoong in hand.

 

“Oh good, you're here. Sit down.” Ilwoo said, hands together as he try to calm himself down. Yunho spots the Queen sitting beside the King, looking very distressed.

 

“I don’t recall that Mother is supposed to be here. Are you alright, Father?” Yunho asked, realising immediately that the King was also looking very nervous.

 

“Just sit, Yunho.” Jaejoong look at Yunho, also noticing the same thing. They both sit down side by side, waiting for the King to say something.

 

“I...umm...Tonight, I will be holding a press conference. However, I want to inform the royal family first before announcing to the public.”

 

“Is there something new happening?” Yunho asked, not recalling that there was something interesting happening in the Palace.

 

“Yunho, I found my son.” Ilwoo said.

 

Yunho’s smile vanished immediately as his father’s words continue to play in his mind. Sujin look away, not wanting to show that she was upset about this.

 

“What do you mean you found him? How did you find him?”

 

“He came into Korea a month ago. We only manage to get into contact with him just last week.” Ilwoo explained. “I am planning to put him in the royal family. He will be living here together with all of us. We will be one big family again, Yunho.”

 

“One big family? We don’t have that since my sister died. What makes you think that I will gladly accept this? Look at Mum. She’s hurting, Dad.” Sujin who has been facing at the entrance turned back to look at her son.

 

“The decision is made by the King. As members of the royal family, we have to accept it, Yunho.” Sujin calmly said, staying strong even though she had opposed to this.

 

“If we don’t accept this and the public gets to know about it, there will be repercussions on our side.” The Queen advised.

 

“Are you seriously going to be alright? The boy that Father is bringing in is the child of the woman who threatened our family. Who killed my sister. Your own daughter.”

 

“Yunho, let’s not discuss that. Not in front of Jaejoong.” Ilwoo said, although he knew he was too late. The King knows that Jaejoong will definitely be curious about what Yunho had said.

 

“Yes, Father.” Yunho grimly said, deciding that it was time for him to keep quiet.

 

“Good. Now that all of you are informed on this, I want to introduce you to him.” Ilwoo said before instructing one of the guards to bring the outsider in.

 

Yunho look to the chamber linked to the throne room. The stranger in his school uniform steps out, revealing himself.

 

“For the record, my mother did kidnap you and your sister but she was not the one who ordered the kill.”

 

“You have got to be kidding with me, Father.”

 


 

Have a great weekend!