Caught

Our Royal Hours

“What are we going to do?” Jaejoong said, tightening his hold on Yunho’s hand and causing the other man to scowl before glaring hard at Jaejoong.

 

“That hurts.”

 

“Oh come on. You’re too sheltered that you can’t handle some pain?” Jaejoong said, his hold on Yunho’s hand still tight.

 

“Hey, from what I know, we’re both sheltered children.” Yunho countered. The two men glared at each other hard.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“What?!” The two men questioned, turning to look at the new person who had interrupted them. That said person tried not to cower, seeing the glare coming from the two men.

 

“My manager told me to help you.” Yunho recognised the person as the waitress that had served them just a while ago. A smile formed on Yunho’s face immediately.

 

“Thank you. Will you help us leave without informing the reporters in front?” Yunho said politely. He knows when to be grateful when he’s in need.

 

“Yeah, there’s a service door right behind the kitchen. Follow me.”

 

“Thank you.” Jaejoong breathed out, feeling slightly relieved.

 

As they walk towards the exit, Jaejoong realised something.

 

“Hey, why can’t we just call your bodyguards to pick us up?” Yunho looked behind slightly, staring at Jaejoong. Their hands were still clasped together.

 

“I don’t want to bother them.” Jaejoong looked at Yunho weirdly upon hearing that answer.

 

“They’re your bodyguards. Aren’t you supposed to bother them?” Yunho didn’t answer that as they got through the service door right to an alley behind the building.

 

“Thank you.” Yunho said, bowing at the waitress that had helped them.

 

“No problem, Your Highness.” The girl said before hurrying back inside.

 

“Come on.” Yunho tugged on Jaejoong’s hand as they start to walk off.

 

“Where are we going?” Jaejoong asked as they turn to their left, heading to the main street.

 

“I’m sending you home, of course. I realise there’s no way we can talk outside. I’ll get my butler to arrange a private meeting so we can talk. Soon.” Yunho said as they finally reached the main street.

 

“Let’s grab you a cab and we’ll see each other again.” He continued, looking for a vacant cab.

 

“Ah Yunho...I think there might be a problem.”

 

“What problem?” Yunho asked, finally turning around to look at Jaejoong before spotting a huge crowd of people running towards them.

 

“Oh no.” Yunho immediately muttered seeing the cameras that they were holding.

 

“We need to run.” Yunho said, pulling Jaejoong as they run down the pavement. Yunho’s eyes wandered around, trying to find a place to hide.

 

“They’re right behind us!” Jaejoong shouted.

 

“Shut up, Kim!” Spotting a dry cleaning shop just a two blocks away, Yunho speed up only to slow down when Jaejoong can’t keep up with him.

 

“What are you? A super soldier?!” Jaejoong asked, trying to catch his breath while they continue running from the reporters that were shouting and calling for Yunho to stop.

 

“Maybe we should stop.” Jaejoong said.

 

“You know, for someone that is out of breath, you talk a lot.” Jaejoong stopped immediately, hands on his hips as he glared at Yunho.

 

“Excuse me, I’m trying to think of a way here.”

 

“Well, you’re too slow.” Yunho said, grabbing Jaejoong’s hand before pulling him into the laundry shop.

 

“Please, can we hide here for awhile?” Yunho asked the woman behind the counter before they were ushered to hide behind a few racks of clothes.

 

As soon as the two men squat down behind the racks, the reporters run in and demanded for the woman to tell about Yunho’s whereabouts. The woman pointed to the door leading to an alley and the reporters run through it, leaving Yunho and Jaejoong alone with the woman in the shop.

 

“It’s clear now.” The woman said and Yunho stood up, pulling Jaejoong up too.

 

“Thank you so much. I’ll get my butler to send you a complimentary gift for helping me.” Yunho said.

 

“It’s alright. Instead, why don’t you two grab something to change into? I think you will immediately be spotted wearing those uniforms of yours.” Hearing that, Jaejoong lightened up.

 

“Would that be alright with you? Thank you so much.”

 

“Hey, we can just go now.” Yunho insisted, not wanting to waste time and just send Jaejoong home.

 

“And get caught by those reporters again. No thank you.” Jaejoong said, already picking out clothes.

 

“I’m not going to change my clothes.” Yunho said, crossing his arms as an act of defiance.

 

“Aww, how cute. So you’re trying to go against me now. After all the things that you made me go through today.” Jaejoong swiftly grab another pair of pants and shirt before dumping it on Yunho.

 

“Go change.” Jaejoong said grimly. The two went into the changing rooms before coming out a few minutes later, wearing something else instead of their school uniforms.

 

“You can have someone to fetch your uniforms from here. Bringing it with you might cause you to run from those reporters again.” The woman said, grabbing their uniforms before placing it in a paper bag.

 

“I’ll keep it here for you two.”

 

“Thank you.” Yunho said, bowing politely at the woman. Jaejoong followed suit, hugging the woman slightly before the both of them went out. Yunho wore his hat so low just to cover his face and Jaejoong took it off, giving Yunho his instead.

 

“Use mine. I think a beanie will look more normal on you instead of a cap. You look like a creep wearing that just now.” Yunho just shot him a look before proceeding to stop a cab.

 

“Come on, I’m sending you home.” A cab stops right in front of them but Jaejoong just stared at the door. Yunho seeing that, decided to open the door for him. Still, Jaejoong just looked down and not wanting to get inside the car.

 

“Well, aren’t you going?” Yunho asked. Jaejoong finally look up, meeting eyes with Yunho’s curious eyes.

 

“You can go home. I’m gonna...walk around first before going home.” Jaejoong said before turning to walk the other way. Yunho’s jaw dropped, seeing Jaejoong just up and left him alone. He closed the door, apologized to the cab driver before running after Jaejoong.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Yunho asked as soon as he caught up with Jaejoong.

 

“Don’t you have somewhere else to go?” Jaejoong asked, rolling his eyes slightly upon realising the other man was walking with him.

 

“Well, I do but my priority is to be with you because I promised your father that I’ll bring you home.”

 

“I’m not going home.” Jaejoong said, fingers digging into the pockets of the jacket he was wearing.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because. Because…” Jaejoong lingered on before deciding to walk again.

 

The two walked again, reaching a park. Jaejoong sat down on a bench and Yunho followed suit. The latter stood up and Yunho still followed, standing up too.

 

“You’re not going to leave until I’m home, aren’t you?”

 

“Technically yes.” Yunho answered.

 

“Look, I don’t want to go home right now. So, you can just leave me here because I want to clear my mind on some things.” Jaejoong said.

 

“What kind of things?”

 

“You don’t listen, do you? I just need time to consider about the marriage between me and you and I will never get that time at home. So, just leave me alone here.”

 

“Sit down.” Yunho said, sitting back on the bench.

 

“No.” Yunho pulled Jaejoong down to sit beside him, ignoring his answer.

 

“You can talk to me about it.” Yunho said.

 

“Umm...let me remind you. My first few impressions on you comprises of a stuck up prince, an I-Get-What-I-Want person and also a creepy kidnapper. What makes you think I want to confide with you on my problems?” Jaejoong then shake his head before deciding to just leave the man again.

 

He walked on but didn’t say anything when Yunho appeared right beside him, walking with him again. They spent a few more minutes not talking to each other, Jaejoong trying to escape from Yunho and Yunho successfully following Jaejoong wherever he goes.

 

“You said you were busy. Shouldn’t you go?” Jaejoong asked, finally opening his mouth again.

 

“I didn’t say I was busy. I just said I do have somewhere to go. Something I have to clarify because you mess it up.”

 

“Well excuse me for thinking that the rooftop was all mine. But still, who proposes on the rooftop at school anymore? You’re a prince, you know? To think I would have thought a person with your status would choose a better place to propose to someone.”

 

“Well, even if I propose to him on the moon even, I don’t think that will make him accept it.”

 

“So Junsu did reject you just now. Your face was priceless.” Jaejoong said, laughing at Yunho. Yunho just rolled his eyes, looking somewhere else.

 

“Oh. Yunho ah.” Jaejoong called, causing Yunho to turn back since he had walked off first.

 

“I think I know why Junsu rejected you.”