You Can Kill Me But Don't You Ever Touch Kim Jaejoong

Our Royal Hours

“It’s safe.” Donghae recited what the bodyguards outside had said.

“Open the door.” Donghae said into the intercom and a second later, the door open. Jaejoong gets out, followed by Yunho. The two entered the East Palace, being welcomed by the King.

“Are you alright, Yunho?”

“I’m fine, Father.” Yunho said, giving a small smile.

Jaejoong stood in silence beside Yunho, looking down as he was still shaken from the incident.

“Are you alright, Jaejoong?” Ilwoo asked the boy. Jaejoong just nod, still looking down.

“Look dad. Can we talk later?” Yunho asked and Ilwoo nod, dismissing the two.

Yunho brought Jaejoong back to his room, standing by the door as Jaejoong walked in.

“Are you going to be alright by yourself?” Yunho asked.

“What have all of you been doing?! I personally selected you to guard their lives but you let them get hurt instead!”

Yunho winced at how Ilwoo had shouted at their bodyguards.

“You need to get that checked.” Jaejoong said, sitting down.

“I'm fine. It’s just a bruise.” Yunho replied, deciding to sit down beside Jaejoong.

“Are you sure you're alright? Do you need anything? When we got hit, I saw the bottle drop on your feet. You might want to take off your shoe. There could be a fracture.”

But Jaejoong shake his head to Yunho’s request. They shared a moment of silence, both trying to get their minds back into the game.

“I felt your heart.” Jaejoong suddenly said. “Hmm?”

“Your heart. When we were in the car and you pulled me in, I felt your heart. It was beating so quickly.” Jaejoong explained.

“I was scared.” Yunho confessed. “I was scared that something would happen to you. That's why I called for the guards to bring you out first. But those idiots didn't even budge. Instead, they protected me. Including your bodyguards.” Yunho said, personally wanting to fire each and everyone of them.

He made a mental note to remind the guards that their priority was on Jaejoong first before Yunho.

“It's alright. You're the future King after all. You are more important.” Jaejoong said, smiling slightly.

“Look Jae, I know you're uncomfortable with me but for the time being, just stay beside me always. Alright?” Yunho said, worried that the inexperienced royal will get doused in something else instead should there be another incident like this.

“I'm not uncomfortable with you.”

“But you didn't want to speak to me.”

“I didn't want to speak to you because I was tired of everything. I was tired of you running my life, telling me what to do and what not to do. That is why I told you to mind your own business. Plus you were with-”

Jaejoong stopped himself, eyes looking to the door.

“Your Majesty.” Jaejoong called, standing up.

“Can I come in, Jaejoong?” Ilwoo asked, wanting to get permission from the man. After all, he’s entering Jaejoong’s private room.

“Of course. Please come in.” Jaejoong hurriedly said, motioning for the King to have a seat.

“It’s alright. I just want to say that I have a press conference arranged for you two but I can cancel it if you are not ready to talk to the public.”

“I’m fine with that.”

“No he’s not.” Yunho interrupted, causing Jaejoong to shake his head as he tried to explain.

“I’ll do the press conference by myself. Give me an hour to prepare please.” Yunho told his father, ignoring Jaejoong’s constant attempts to join too.

“Alright then. I’ll leave you two alone. See you in the press room, Yunho.” Ilwoo said, leaving the Palace.

“Why did you say that? I’m fine, Yunho. I can handle the press.” Jaejoong said once they were alone.

“No you’re not. I want you to stay here and don’t move an inch away from the East Palace. Not even to the gardens outside. You understand me? I’ll handle the press conference.” Yunho concluded, not wanting to hear any objection from the smaller man.

“See? This is what I meant when I said I’m tired of you running my life. I can protect myself, Yunho.” Jaejoong said, forcing the Prince to look at him.

“I’m fine.” Jaejoong continued, stressing on the fact that he is alright.

“WELL I’M NOT! I don’t want you to get hurt, alright? Just stay here and don’t be stubborn about it! I swear Jaejoong, I’m really close to strapping you to the bed just so you’re away from the dangers outside. So just stay here!” Yunho screamed, sitting Jaejoong down on the couch before leaving the room.

He closed the door, eyes looking back at Jaejoong who was staring back at him.

“Stay.” Yunho said before turning his back on Jaejoong so he can prepare for the press conference.

Jaejoong was left alone in the room, mind racing with so many questions that his head hurt so much. “Idiot. Why did you get so angry with me? I just want to be beside you.” Jaejoong mumbled, deciding to change his clothes.

After all, he’s not allowed outside. Especially with how two bodyguards have been stationed outside his door.

Courtesy of the Crown Prince, of course.

Ten minutes to the press conference, Yunho appeared in front of Jaejoong’s door. He had cleaned up all the egg yolk that stuck to his hair and changed into a new set of clothes. He pushed open the door, sticking his head inside.

“Jaejoong?”

The room was empty and silent. Not something that was good.

“Where is he?” Yunho asked the two bodyguards outside.

“His Highness is inside, Sir.” One of the bodyguards said, looking in.

“Can you see him? Cause I can’t.” Yunho said. He was about to scold the two men when Jaejoong walked out of the bathroom.

“There you are! I thought you ran off.” Yunho said, entering the room before slamming the door close on the bodyguard who was peeping in.

“You told me to stay in the room. So, I did. What’s wrong?” Jaejoong asked, looking at Yunho’s worried face.

“Nothing. I’m heading over to the Main Palace for the press conference now. You stay here.” Yunho said, the worry vanishing immediately.

“Yes, Your Highness.” Jaejoong said, rolling his eyes.

Yunho was about to leave but he looked back at Jaejoong. He grab hold of Jaejoong, looking all over him for any sign of bruises or wounds. Once Yunho was sure that Jaejoong was alright, he decides to leave.

“What was that?” Jaejoong asked himself, deciding to watch the press conference from his room.

“You were really hard on him.” Donghae said as he walked beside Yunho to the press room.

“Has the man talked yet?” Yunho asked, noting that there were more palace guards in the compound.

“No, Sir. The police are still trying to interrogate him.” Donghae replied.

“After the press conference, send me there. I want to talk to him. Nobody is allowed to hurt Jaejoong without my permission.” Yunho said as they reached the press room.

“But Sir-”

“I want to talk to him, Donghae.” Yunho repeated, grabbing hold of Donghae’s collar.

"Don't make me repeat myself." The man growled before releasing the choking man and turning to look at the closed door.

Donghae passed him the prepared speech and Yunho took a deep breath before pushing the door open. The flashes on the cameras were rapid as reporters start to shout questions at the Crown Prince.

Yunho raised his hand up as a sign of acknowledgement before walking to the table prepared for him. He stand behind the table, takes a bow before sitting down. All while the reporters are busy throwing questions at him.

“Why don’t we be civilised people and sit down? I’m not going anywhere, everyone.” Yunho calmly said, motioning for the news-hungry reporters to settle down.

Once the room was quiet, other than the sounds of cameras and the typing on the laptops, Yunho finally looked at the script given to him. He shake his head slightly, something that was not detected by the many reporters before looking back to the cameras.

“It is true that I was attacked while I was with my partner at the theatre hall. However, rest assured that we are both fine and my partner is missing as I would like to let him rest and ensure that he’s away from the press for now. Investigations are ongoing and I have personally requested to be included so I can find the proprietor to this attack. I-” Yunho looked down to the speech.

The last line was for Yunho to say that he will be taking extra security measures to ensure that they are safe. Something that Yunho disagrees with.

“ it.” Yunho thought, crushing the paper in his fist as he look to the cameras again.

“So, whoever is the mastermind to these attacks, listen up. I’m just going to say this once so you better listen clearly. I don’t care what’s your deal with the royal family or what’s your trouble with me. You can kill me but don’t you EVER touch Kim Jaejoong.” Yunho warned, hands clenching into fists.

“If you even try to hurt him again, rest assured I will hunt you down. You want to hurt someone from the royal family, your target is me. Not him.” Jaejoong gasped, watching the live press conference from his room.

He could see Yunho was serious, his nose flaring as his eyes immediately turn sharp as he threatened the mastermind on live TV.

“What the hell is he doing?” Jaejoong mumbled as he sees Yunho being dragged out of the room by Donghae.

A few minutes later, Yunho came barging into the East Palace with Donghae coming after him.

“Why did you deviate away from the speech we prepared? The press conference should have went well if you did what you’re told, Yunho.” Donghae said.

“It went well.” Yunho replied back, sitting down on the living room.

It went well? Did you seriously just say that?” Jaejoong asked, walking straight towards Yunho.

“You watched the press conference?”

“Yes I did. And you, Jung Yunho, you just painted a bright red target on yourself!” Jaejoong shouted, annoyed at the fact that the Crown Prince has endanger himself.

Yunho felt unfair, not understanding why Jaejoong is scolding him when the man had just went through danger because of Yunho.

“Didn’t you hear what Donghae told us in the car? He was trying to hurt you, Jae! I can’t let myself see you get hurt because of me.”

“I can protect myself, Yunho. I’m a man!”

“I’m your husband!” Yunho roared, louder than Jaejoong ever shouted. Yunho stood up, towering over Jaejoong threateningly.

“Why can’t you just understand that I’m trying to protect you?” Yunho asked, this time his tone softer than before.

“At what cost? Your own life? It’s not worth it, Yunho.”

“For you, it is!”

“Yunho please…”

“I don’t know about you but I’m obliged to take care of you. To be responsible over you. And it’s not just because I promised your father that or because we’re married to each other, Jaejoong. Just go back inside your room and go to sleep. I’m going out.” Yunho said, moving to the car that was waiting for him outside the Palace.

“Yunho.” Jaejoong called, looking at the man’s back.

Yunho had stopped walking, waiting for Jaejoong to say more. Jaejoong took a deep breath, knowing that whatever he says will cement his decisions and feelings on Yunho.

“Please be careful. And come back alive.” Jaejoong said, his internal walls crumbling.

Yunho turned to look at him, gave a small smile before calling for Donghae to follow him. Donghae sat down beside Yunho as the car finally moves out of the East Palace.

“He will be fine, right?” Yunho asked, looking back to see that the guards have closed off the entrance to the East Palace.

“As you have ordered, I’ve doubled the guards around His Highness.” Donghae said, mindful of the driver. Yunho nod, choosing to look at the tinted window beside him after he couldn't see the Palace.

“It’s so funny how fast Jaejoong can put his guard down on you. But did you really have to declare that you’re hunting the man down?” Donghae asked.

It took Yunho awhile to answer that question.

“I’ll do anything so that idiot would stay in the Palace.” Yunho said, saying something different than what his heart was saying. His heart that is still beating so quickly.

"As long as he stays safe."

 


Happy weekends, everyone!