The Falcon and Swan In Danger

Our Royal Hours

It has been two weeks since that day. Jaejoong had become comfortable talking to Yunho using the silent treatment.

 

Though, the Crown Prince was still talking to him when they are alone.

 

“Hey, where’s your ring?” Yunho asked as they got out of the car.

 

They were just back from school and back in the East Palace. Of course, they have an event that they need to attend that evening.

 

“I left it in my room. It was too big for me.” Jaejoong had written.

 

They had learnt to communicate through the phone instead, with Jaejoong sending texts over to Yunho’s phone. Yunho decided it was better that way.

 

After all, Jaejoong was quicker on the phone than on the notepad.

 

“Want to change then? I can’t believe I forgot to resize it again. Donghae, book an appointment with the royal jeweler.”

 

“No need, Donghae. I like it that way.” Jaejoong speak out, directing it to the butler.

There was a notification on Yunho’s phone and he checked it, seeing that it was from Jaejoong. “And no I don’t want to change it. I like it that way.”

 

Yunho could only sigh after seeing the text.

 

“Whatever you want, Jae. Go and get ready please. We’re leaving in twenty.” Yunho said, going to his bedroom.

 

Jaejoong head into his room, seeing that a suit has already been picked out.

 

“Would you like to take a bath first, Jaejoong?” Yejin, his head palace maid asked.

 

“No. A quick shower will do. You can leave me alone here.” Jaejoong said, thanking the woman before heading into the bathroom.

 

After that shower, Jaejoong puts on the black suit before realising that something is missing.

 

“Yejin, can you get me some ties to wear?” Jaejoong shouted, hoping that will be heard by Yejin. Jaejoong waited for the woman to come in but she didn’t.

 

Again, Jaejoong called out to his palace maid. There was a knock on the door and Jaejoong turned.

 

“What took you so long? I-oh.”

 

Jaejoong raise his hand as a sign of acknowledgement, reaching out for his phone.

 

“No need for that.” Yunho said, walking in, holding onto a tie. It was an identical tie that Yunho was wearing.

 

“Father requested that we wear the same tie. Something about us not looking happy together. It’s ridiculous. Especially if he knew what’s going on between us.” Yunho said, approaching Jaejoong.

 

Yunho’s phone ring, a notification from Jaejoong but the Prince didn’t check it. Jaejoong furiously type on the phone and Yunho ignored every ring of the phone, knowing that it was all from Jaejoong.

 

The man snatched the tie from Yunho, putting it around his neck.

 

“Let me help you.” Yunho said, hand holding onto the tie to help Jaejoong. Jaejoong moved away, pushing Yunho far from him.

 

“Just let me help.” Their hands struggled, their fingers fight it out as one pushes the other away and the other comes back to help.

 

“Stop it, Yunho!” Jaejoong shouted, shoving the man onto the couch. Yunho gets up, his hands defiantly holding onto Jaejoong.

 

“Leave me alone.” Jaejoong said.

 

“I can’t.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“You’re my wife.”

 

“I’m your partner.” Jaejoong corrected the man.

 

“Does it make a difference? You’re married to me. You belong to me. You’re mine.” Yunho said.

 

“So what? It’s not like you belong to me too. It doesn’t work that way in our relationship.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Are you seriously asking me that or you’re just that ignorant? You’re still with Junsu, Yunho. Even though I practically sold myself to be in the royal family, I don’t want to have to deal with being called someone who stole somebody else’s lover.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Nobody called you that.”

 

“Well I know that but I’m not going to label myself with that.”

 

“Then don’t think that way. How long is this going to go on, Jae? You’re going to stop talking to me until three years? Can you even stand that, Jaejoong? Aren’t you tired of it? Cause I am. Why do you think I’ve been going out with Junsu more frequently even though I get caught every single time?”

 

“I don’t know. It seems like you’re really easy to get caught or the reporters are really good at finding you.” Jaejoong answered.

 

“Because that’s the only way you will talk to me. Every time I get caught, you would shout at me and...and...and scold me. And I miss hearing your voice every time you send those damn text messages. I’m tired of reading and imagining you talking to me through the phone. I’ve had it!” Yunho shouted, shocking Jaejoong for his outburst.

 

Jaejoong had his mouth open, surprised that Yunho had felt that way.

 

“I’m tired of it and I want you to talk to me. Not through the phone but directly TO ME.” Yunho said, sincerely hoping that Jaejoong would believe him.

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t. Please leave my room, Yunho.” Jaejoong said, pointing to the door.

 

Yunho knew he had failed this time round as he turned his back on Jaejoong and left the room with his head down. Jaejoong tried to calm himself down after going through Yunho’s outburst.

 

From Jaejoong’s perspective, it’s as if what Yunho is doing is just so Jaejoong would talk to him. But one fact still stays the same.

 

“He’s with Junsu, Jae. Just forget about getting together with him.” Jaejoong told himself before going around the room to get his personal belongings.

 

Yunho get back into his room, wanting to get his phone too.

 

“That didn’t go well.” Donghae said, appearing out of nowhere.

 

“Jaejoong would need more convincing before he believes that I like him.” Yunho said.

 

“I doubt so but work hard, Yunho. Maybe your plan will work after all.”

 

Just fifteen minutes earlier, Yunho was changing out from his school uniform when Donghae had walked in.

 

“You should really stop it, Yunho.” Donghae said, walking into the room and closing the door so no one will disturb them.

 

“Stop what?”

 

“Jaejoong and his silent treatment.”

 

“Come on, Donghae. We already stopped asking you to walk to and fro, handing out the notebook. What else do you want?” Yunho asked, grabbing the white shirt.

 

“So you’re saying you’re going to let Jaejoong do this to you? The whole three years?”

 

“He will stop eventually.”

 

“It’s been two weeks. Jaejoong’s determined.” Yunho finally looked at Donghae and started questioning himself whether that was true.

 

“If he’s determined to keep silent for three years, what makes you think he won’t ask for an early divorce? Or even find a way for you two to separate?”

 

“That’s bad.” Yunho point out.

 

“I need to do something.”

 

“Well you can always continue with your plan which you have forgotten.”

 

“Right. You’re a genius, Donghae.” Yunho said, wearing his coat before leaving the room.

 

“Yejin!” He called the woman heading to Jaejoong’s room.

 

“Is that Jaejoong’s tie?” Yunho asked.

 

“Yes Your Highness. Is there something wrong?” Yejin asked, feeling suspicious that the Crown Prince was asking about Jaejoong.

 

Usually, the man won’t talk to her. She’s surprised that Yunho even knew her name.

 

“Do you happen to have another one of the same tie?”

 

“Yes I do. Would you like to wear the other one?”

 

“You read my mind correctly. Yes please.” Yunho said, showing off a bright smile.

 

He gets the other tie, making sure that Yejin would keep it a secret before dismissing her. Yunho had knocked on the door, creating a sudden outburst about how he misses Jaejoong’s voice.

 

He figured if he wants Jaejoong to fall in love with him, Yunho needs to get Jaejoong talking to him again.

 

They head to the event after that. It was a cultural performance and the royal couple were the guests of honour.

 

“This is going to be really boring.” Yunho mumbled under his breath.

 

“Hey, it’s a performance based on our Korean traditions. You should be proud that we’re launching the world tour.” Jaejoong said.

 

This time, he was not talking through the phone. After all, they were in public.

 

Unlike the Crown Prince, Jaejoong was really proud that the cultural performance will be making a world tour after the show in Seoul.

 

“Please. If I want to watch somebody dancing to a remix of traditional Korean dances, we can just head to the Main Palace.” Yunho said.

 

“Well, Yunho. They’re the ones who performed in the Main Palace.” Jaejoong said. Donghae had mentioned before this was a repeat performance that has been shown in the Main Palace.

 

“Exactly. We’ve seen it already.” Yunho suddenly keeps quiet when the governor sits back down beside him.

 

“How are you enjoying the ambience, Your Highness?”

 

“Well I’m excited, Governor Lim. I’ve seen their performance before. It’s surreal. In fact, it’s the exact same boring one.” Yunho said, slipping out the last sentence. He had meant to say that in his head.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Uh...I meant it was quite inspiring. Oh the lights are dimming. I think we’re starting. Please don’t mind me. My partner is quite afraid of dark places.” Yunho rambled on before turning to face Jaejoong instead.

 

“I’m afraid of dark places? Real smooth Yunho.”

 

“I had no other reasons.” Yunho whispered. The theater quieten down as the performance starts.

 

Truth to be told, Yunho was yawning every five minutes, making sure to turn to Jaejoong when he yawns to look as if he was talking to Jaejoong instead.

 

“Stop yawning.” Jaejoong hissed quietly. It has only been one hour since the performance starts and Yunho was getting annoying with his sleepy yawns.

 

“I can’t help it. It’s really boring me.”

 

“How do you survive all these years watching them?”

 

“That’s the point. I don’t watch them. I leave as soon as the launch ends. You were the one who told Father that you would accept their invitation to watch the show. And now, we both suffer.” Yunho grumbled.

 

In response, Jaejoong let out a frustrated groan softly.

 

“Can we leave now please? Jaejoong...I’m going to die of boredom if we continue sitting here.” Yunho complained.

 

“Alright. Let’s go.” Jaejoong said, finally giving up.

 

Yunho almost cheered in the middle of the silent theater hall. Immediately, Yunho grabbed Jaejoong’s hand and excused themselves.

 

They cut across the seats, apologising to the other patrons before leaving the hall.

 

“Freedom!” Yunho cheered, smiling at Jaejoong who had a frown on his face.

 

“Oh come on. I’ll treat you to ice cream.” Yunho said as they walked towards Donghae who was sitting by the lounge area with the bodyguards.

 

As soon as they were spotted, Donghae rushed towards them.

 

“I thought you two are staying for the performance.”

 

“I change my mind, Donghae. Can we leave now?” Jaejoong asked.

 

Donghae was then interrupted by a barrage of reporters who had also noticed the bodyguard’s movements upon the royal couple’s exit of the hall.

 

“Your Highness, how about a headline for tomorrow’s papers?”

 

“What do you think of the rising sentiment of the royal family not being fit to run?”

 

“There have been reports about you two fighting. What are your views? Are you two breaking up?”

 

Yunho looked at Jaejoong who was still uncomfortable with the constant flashes from the camera. Jaejoong thought he would get use to this but he hasn’t.

 

At all.

 

“We’re not. In fact, we love each other.” Yunho announced before grabbing hold of Jaejoong’s waist.

 

He placed a kiss on Jaejoong’s cheek, closing his eyes. Jaejoong stood rooted, surprised that Yunho had done such a stunt.

 

“Bottle!” Yunho open his eyes, turning his back towards the reporters as he covered Jaejoong with his own body.

 

“Ah!” Yunho cried out as he felt the bottle hit his back.

 

There was another hit on him, this time on his forehead coming from the side. His hold on Jaejoong tighten immediately, shielding him completely.

 

“Protect the Crown Prince!” One of the bodyguards called out as the guards surround the couple. There were more projectiles flying through, hitting Yunho’s back constantly.

 

“Yunho.” Jaejoong called out, scared that something dangerous was going to happen.

 

“It’s alright. Everything’s fine. I’m here.” Yunho said, still enveloping Jaejoong in a hug.

 

“Put your hand down!” One of the bodyguards called out, throwing down a man wearing a mask.

 

“What are you doing? Move the swan out!” Yunho shouted to his bodyguards, worried that Jaejoong is injured.

 

His frantic eyes wander around for the exit, wanting to just take Jaejoong and leave.

 

“Prepare the car for the falcon and swan!” Donghae shouted into his intercom, signalling Yunho to follow and leading the way out for the royal couple.

 

Yunho pulled Jaejoong, still hugging the man tightly. Jaejoong couldn’t keep up, walking at a slower pace. Seeing that, Yunho picked up the man easily as they hurried to the car.

 

The car door closes as soon as the two were in and the car moved out immediately. Yunho takes off his coat, seeing that he had been hit by eggs. His hair was wet at the back, possibly from the same eggs.

 

“We should get you check, Your Highness. You were hit by bottles filled with compact sand inside.” Donghae said as soon as he gets a report from the bodyguards who stayed on site.

 

“No wonder it felt like a brick.” Yunho mumbled, hissing when he tried to touch the bump on his forehead.

 

“I suggest we go to the hospital.”

 

“Don’t. If we did, that means they’ve won.”

 

“But Sir-”

 

“No need Donghae!” Yunho snapped, resulting to the butler agreeing and telling the driver to head to the palace.

 

“Judging from how they were thrown, I believe they were aiming for Jaejoong, Sir.” Donghae said. Yunho finally looked at Jaejoong, realising that his hands had been shivering as Jaejoong tried to calm himself down.

 

“You alright?” Yunho asked, getting close towards Jaejoong and holding onto Jaejoong’s hands. Jaejoong looked at Yunho, eyes filled with tears as he examines the red bump on Yunho’s forehead.

 

“Your head. You’re hit badly. We should go to the hospital.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m fine. Everything’s fine now.” Yunho said, putting his hand over Jaejoong protectively and Jaejoong leaned his head on Yunho’s chest.

 

“You’re safe now. Everything is going to be alright. I’m here.” Yunho continued, placing a kiss on the top of Jaejoong’s head to try and calm the man down.

 

Just as Yunho tries to calm his rapidly beating heart.

 

“While in the midst of an interview at Seoul’s prestigious theater hall, the Crown Prince was attacked by bottles, believed to be filled with rocks inside it. The attacker have been apprehended and officials from the palace have confirmed that investigations are ongoing. We will get back to you on this in awhile. Please stay tuned.” The announcer said, reporting it on the news.

 

Junsu smiled, wrapping his hand around Yoochun’s arm.

 

“That’s your doing, isn’t it?” The man sitting on the other chair said.

 

“Come on...it’s funny Changmin.” Yoochun said, rolling his eyes at the man.

 

“You told me you won’t touch Jaejoong.”

 

“I gave out the order to hit the royal couple. I didn’t focus on Jaejoong. That would be your worker’s fault. You better get rid of him.” Yoochun said.

 

“Of course I know that.” Changmin replied, looking back to the news where they were showing Yunho escaping while carrying Jaejoong out.

 

 

 

 


 

See...that wasn't such a long wait. I know you guys would love to see Yunho suffer even more but I need to speed things up. I'm going to my 30th chap but I'm nowhere near the main plot. Well....somehow.

 

So hope you had fun reading this!