Not Again

Mr. Kim's Daughters

 

 

+Jacklin's POV+

 

 

Junmyeon was having dinner with my family at the moment, while I excused myself to go take a shower. What was he doing here? I was completely panicking. What should I do?

After taking a long shower, I quickly thought it over and decided to call Irene. Maybe she knew something that could help me understand the situation a bit better. She answered her phone after a few rings.

Irene: Lin...

As soon as I heard her voice I knew that she had told him. The tone of her voice when she said my name was so apologetic.

Jacklin: Please, don't tell me that he knows.

Irene: I am so sorry, Lin... he heard me when I was telling Sehun. I am so sorry.

Jacklin: Oh my God, Irene. What am I going to do?

Sehun: Give me the phone. Lin, it's Sehun.

Jacklun: Sehun, what-

Sehun: I know. I know that you're scared, but trust me, he is more than happy with the news. We talked about it, and he is just waiting for you to tell him, yourself.

Jacklin: How am I going to do that... I am so scared.

Sehun: Just tell yourself that he already knows, so you won't have to deal with the shock or the surprise. We've already dealt with that for you. Ha-ha.

Jacklin: Are you sure that he is happy?

Sehun: I am a hundred percent certain. Now, I'll let you get back to whatever you were doing, but you need to do something for me first.

Jacklin: What is it?

Sehun: Please, tell your friend that you're not blaming her. I've already been a victim of her crazy guilt once, and I don't wish to experience it again.

Jacklin: Irene! I know you did not mean any harm. I know you! Thank you for being such a great friend and don't worry, I'm not mad at all. Arrasseo?

Irene: Lin-ah... thank you so much.

Jacklin: Don't thank me! It's totally normal. Now, I'm going to go back there and act like the big girl I'm supposed to be!

Irene: Lin-ah, hwaiting!

Jacklin: Eo! Annyeong!

I was supposed to be the stressed one, but why was I the one consoling her? Ha-ha. She is so cute.

Now back to the real world. I had to tell him before he confronted me with it. I needed to do it!

I went back downstairs and everyone had left to go to bed already. My mother was turning off the last light, when I walked in.

Jacklin: I didn't know I had taken this long.

Mrs. Pierce: Oh, baby. I thought you were already sleeping. Everyone went to bed, just now.

Jacklin: Where is Jun?

Mrs. Pierce: In his room. Go talk to him. I felt like he wanted to talk to you, all dinner long.

I nodded my head and wished her goodnight, before heading to the guest room. Jun was taking a shower, so I just sat on the bed, patiently waiting for him to be done.

After about ten minutes, I laid down on the bed instead. I had forgotten that our diva Junmyeon usually took twenty to thirty minutes to wash. No one beats him to it.

As I waited, I slowly felt myself falling into slumber. I was too tired to fight it, but after a moment, I felt someone put a piece of cloth on me, so I slightly opened my eyes to see who it was.

Junmyeon: Did I wake you up?

Jacklin: Hm? No, don't worry. My sleep wasn't that deep.

Junmyeon: Go back to sleep. I'll sleep on the couch.

Jacklin: No... stay with me... stay with us.

Junmyeon was shocked at what I had just said. I smiled and caressed his left cheek with my hand.

Jacklin: You're going to be a father. I know they already told you, but I wanted to say it out-loud too.

He didn't say anything, he just kept looking at me intensely. After a few seconds, he engulfed me into a hug and caressed my head.

Junmyeon: I am so happy, Lin... Thank you for this gift.

Jacklin: No, thank you... for being the best boyfriend ever. For loving me so much.

We sealed the moment with a tender kiss, before laying together on the bed. He held me all night as if he was trying to protect me from the outside world. To protect us.

We spent three weeks with my family, before finally deciding to go back to Korea. It was time for us to tell his family too and figure out how to adapt to the new situation, and plus Junmyeon had missed too many days of work, and me too.

With his mother still opposing to the marriage, it was sure going to be complicated. She was just starting to like me, and she was probably going to go back to hating me, in a matter of seconds.

God. I couldn't wait! Note the sarcasm.

It was already getting tiring for me to travel, because I was easily exhausted, but I was happy to be back. Sehun came to fetch us at the airport, and I was glad to see his forever smiling face after a month.

Sehun: Madam, would you like some help with that bag?

Jacklin: Yah, Sehun! Stop that. Ha-ha.

Sehun: Ha-ha. How have you been?

Jacklin: Good! It feels good to be back.

Sehun: It feels good to have you back. Irene was starting to go crazy without a friend to gossip with, everyday.

Jacklin: Oh my God, I've got so many things to tell her! I'm so glad you guys moved into our building!

Junmyeon: Oh God.

When we got home, I took a hot shower and got changed into more comfortable clothes, before going to the Kim's. Nobody had told them about the baby, so I was excited to finally be able to tell someone first.

Yeri opened the door and engulfed me in a quick hug, before leading me to the living room. The apartment was gorgeous. It was a reflection of all of their personalities mixed together. They all deserved it so much.

Yeri: Eonnie! Did you want to stay there forever?

Joy: Yah, Kim Yeri! Ah, chincha!

Jacklin: Ha-ha. I needed to spend some time with my family, but now I'm back, Princess!

Wendy: We're so glad you're back! We've missed you! Irene Eonnie told us all about how it's so pretty in Toronto!

Yeri: She told us that your family house is huge and beautiful!

Seulgi: All in all, she really enjoyed herself, so thank you for giving her those memories. She is so much more relaxed lately.

Jacklin: I'm glad she liked it so much. She spent more time with my friends than me, because I felt kind of sick on the last few days.

Sehun: Huh? What friends?

Jacklin: She didn't tell you? Luke, John, and Evan. She met them at Tristan's birthday party and spent some time with them, while I was sick.

Sehun: No, she didn't-- Wait a second, they met at Tristan's birthday party? So does that mean she met-

Jacklin: Yep! I'm surprised she didn't tell you. Anyways, guys I came over to tell you all something important.

Mr. Kim: Don't you want to wait for Juhyeon? She's on her way back from work.

Junmyeon: She already knows.

Wendy: Are you guys also engaged?!

Jacklin: What? No, and "also"? Who's engaged?!

Irene: I am! Ha-ha! Lin, you're back!

I stood up and ran to hug my best friend.

Jacklin: Are you guys really engaged? Oh my God, I'm so happy for you! Why didn't you tell me?

Irene: You already had quite a lot of things to handle! Ha-ha.

Joy: Eonnie, what did you want to tell everyone?

Jacklin: Ah, yeah that's right! Are you all ready to hear it?

Wendy: Eonnie! Jebal!

Jacklin: Now, I am sure I have everyone's attention! What is a news as great as the announcement of an engagement?

Yeri: The announcement of a marriage?

Jacklin: Come on girls, you-

Junmyeon: She is pregnant!

Jacklin: Junmyeon!

Sehun: Thank you Jun, I thought I was going to die from wanting to say it! Ha-ha!

Junmyeon: Sorry.

Seulgi: Omo! Congratulations, Eonnie! Oppa, chukkahae!

Yeri: I will no longer be the baby of the family! Awesome!

Mr. Kim: Chukkahae, Lin-ah! A baby is a true blessing.

Wendy: How far along are you?

Jacklin: Almost two months. 7 weeks to be exact.

Sehun: Is it really necessary to count all of that?

Irene & Jacklin: Of course!

Junmyeon: Wow... you two are seriously frightening.

Joy: We should celebrate it! What about a real dinner party? Last time, the atmosphere was not too pleasing, because there was a couple fighting.

Irene: Yah! Let's stop talking about that, shall we.

They all laughed, while I figured that Irene must have done something last time.

Mr. Kim: This time, I am the one inviting everyone. Now that I am able to treat all of you to a dinner outside of the house, I feel so happy!

Yeri: We loved you anyway, Appa!

Joy: Yes!

Sehun: See Jun, your kid will love you that much, even if you are a pabo. So don't you worry!

Junmyeon: Yah!

We all laughed and looked at them running around the apartment. I was so happy to be part of this family.

 

 

+Irene's POV+

 

 

Sehun and I went back to our apartment to get changed before dinner. He was awfully silent, and I wondered if something had happened while I was gone today. He was talking on the phone when I walked in the bedroom, so I sat on the bed and waited for him to be done with his call.

Sehun: No, she didn't, and you did not either... Ha-ha! You are stupid! When are you planning to come visit?... What do you mean you're not sure? You better make sure to come before my birthday... Alright! I'll talk to you soon! Bye, bro!

Irene: Who was that?

Sehun: Lucas. One of my closest friends from Toronto. I heard you met him.

Irene: Ah... yes I did.

Sehun: I heard you met a lot of people I know. Why didn't you tell me?

Irene: Hm?... I thought I did. My bad.

Sehun: No, you didn't.

I really didn't want to have this conversation at that moment, so I stood up and walked out of the room.

Irene: You should get ready. We're leaving soon.

I yelled before going into the bathroom and locking the door behind me. I took a hot shower and came back after being completely dry. Sehun was in the living room, typing away on his computer. He looked up from the screen and smiled at me. He was wearing a new pair or glasses.

I smiled back and walked in the room to get changed.

Irene: Babe, I am ready! Let's go!

Sehun: Hm... Let's go.

He grabbed my hand as we stepped out of our apartment. These sweet moments between us were my favorites. I love them. I love him.

We joined everyone downstairs in the hall, and we all departed for the restaurant, in two cars. Jacklin was pretty popular with my sisters that night. They all wanted to ride with her and Junmyeon. Thankfully I had my dad and Seulgi to stick with.

Dinner was great, and everyone had fun and enjoyed the night together. We were all so happy to have Jacklin back, after so long. We did not stop gossiping all dinner long, and I think it got on the boys' nerves quite a bit, but we loved it.

We all went for ice-cream after dinner since the weather was getting warmer, and as I looked at everyone I realized that we looked like a big family. I smiled at the thought.

Irene: We should invite Jaebum, Jinyoung, and Sungjae next time! We never tell them about our plans, and that's not really nice of us.

Jacklin: Their own brothers never tell them anything, and that's the real problem.

Junmyeon: Okay, so it's always going to be our fault from now on, if I got it right?

Sehun: And it hasn't even started for you yet. Wait for it. 7 more months to go! Ha-ha!

Wendy: Oppa, don't forget that you are also engaged to Kim Irene right here, so you will have to take care of the wedding preparations with her... detail by detail. Good luck with that! Ha-ha!

Sehun stopped eating his ice-cream and looked at me with concern filling his eyes. I laughed and patted his shoulder slightly, to comfort him.

After we were done, we all went back home, separated into the same groups. The boys parked their cars a little far from the entrance, but nobody complained, because it gave us an occasion to all walk together again under the warm breeze.

We were all focused on our conversations, so we didn't see that someone was standing in front of the door, and Yeri bumped into the person.

Yeri: Sorry, Ahjumma!

Seulgi: Yeri! Apologize properly!

Irene: Please excuse her. She was not looking.

'It's okay, kids... You don't need to apologize to me.'

Mr. Kim: Thank you for being so nice, but she still needs to apologize properly.

Yeri: It's true, Ahjumma. I am really sorry for bumping into you.

'You've really raised them well, Junghyeok.'

We all turned away from Yeri when we heard the woman say my father's name. For the first time we were curious about her appearance. She was wearing a mask and a hat that covered 90 percent of her face, so it was hard to tell who it was.

Mr. Kim: Ahem... Excuse me, but how do you know my name?

'Come on, Junghyeok. How can't you recognize your own wife's voice?'

Joy: Ahjumma, what are you talking about?!

She took her hat and mask off; looked at us and said.

'It's me... your mother. I am back.'