All Night

Mr. Kim's Daughters

 

 

+Irene's POV+

 

 

Lucas: Mary, please don't start again with this.

Jackson: Come on Mary, let's go.

Mary: Why are you all always trying to shut me down when it's Sehun who is the bad guy! It's not my fault that he never tells those things to his girlfriend.

Tristan: Mary! Let's go!

Mary: What? You also want to protect Luna? Oh, this is hilarious, considering how she treated you too! Pathetic.

Luna: Now, you're going way too far. I'm not your friend nor do I plan to be. You don't know anything about me, Mary. I don't care about hurting your feelings or not either, so I am going to tell you exactly how it is. You're an evil and spoiled brat who thinks that her opinion always has to be voiced out, when in fact no one asked for it or even cares!

Some clients started to look at us.

Lucas: Luna...

Luna: You are a despicable person, because all you do is to intentionally create damage wherever you go! Can't you stop that for a day at least? It's getting old!

Then she turned to me.

Luna: Irene, let me tell you that Sehun and I never dated, just like he never dated her. It's way more complicated than it seems, but that talk will happen on appropriate time. Between me and you, or your boyfriend and you. Not that fake girl.

Lucas: Luna!

Luna: What, Luke?!

Sehun: I think we should stop now.

I looked at Sehun and saw him staring at Mary like he was going to pounce at her, anytime soon. I think Lucas saw it too.

Mary looked extremely shocked and on the verge of crying. I felt bad for an instant, but Sehun was seriously making me anxious with his expressions.

Lucas: Let's just go home. Come on, Sehun!

He grabbed Sehun by the arm and pulled him towards the exit, while I excused myself from the group, to follow them. I heard Luna apologize to the clients present, and I felt bad for leaving her in the middle of all this.

We walked out to the car, but we had forgotten the keys and our bags at the back of the restaurant.

Lucas: I'll go get our stuff, then we'll leave. Wait for me here.

I nodded my head and smiled at Lucas.

Irene: Kwenchana?

I asked Sehun as soon as Lucas left. He turned around and looked down at me, before sighing.

Sehun: I'm sorry. Again.

Irene: Bogha? I'm not even surprised.

I chuckled and shook my head as I tried to figure out how quick it went from a simple greeting, to that scene. It seemed to always end up like that with Mary anyway.

Irene: That girl must have really liked you, to be willing to make a fuss every time she is around you.

Sehun: She is crazy.

Irene: Ha-Ha. I thought we were in a drama for a second. So many things happened so quickly!

We both laughed it off. Mary made a scene about Sehun; what a shock. It really was not that serious.

Sehun: I'm happy to see that you are not mad at me.

Irene: Why would I be? We've all got a past, and I understand that. I almost got married to a rich psychopath once, remember?

He chuckled and shook his head at me.

Irene: Plus, I already figured that there used to be something special between Luna and you. If you don't feel like explaining it to me anytime soon, don't worry, I can wait.

I smiled at him reassuringly. I decided to trust him and Luna on this one. I had not been around her for that long, but she really did not seem like the type to be lying. I could tell that she had been sincerely offended by Mary's accusations.

Sehun: Thank you.

He said as he returned the smile, before hugging me.

Lucas: Are you ready to go?

Lucas asked us when he came back.

Irene: Where is your sister?

Lucas: She is gathering her stuff to leave too.

Irene: Where is she going?

Lucas: I don't know. At our parents' house, I guess.

Sehun: Alright. Let's go, then.

Irene: 'Alright'? She just stood up for all of us and did what the both of you should have done months ago, and we're going to leave her behind? And Luke, she is your sister! She is coming with us!

They both looked at me, a bit frightened by my tone, I could tell.

Lucas: Okay. I'll go get her.

Irene: No, I'll go. I didn't even get to say goodbye to your parents. I don't want to seem to be rude.

Sehun: Irene-

Irene: What? I won't cause a scene, don't worry.

I smiled at the two scared kids and made my way back to the restaurant. I walked quite fast because I didn't want their customers to see me and remember the scene from a few minutes prior.

I saw that Tristan and his little group of friends were seated at a table inside instead of one on the terrace. I walked to the back and found Luna putting her jacket on.

Luna: Oh? What are you still doing here?

She asked when she saw me.

Irene: I came back for you. How about we go to Jamal's birthday together?

Luna: Mm?

Irene: I don't like to know that you're going to go back home alone. Come with us and have some fun!

Her mother walked in at that moment.

Giuliana: Oh? Girls, you're still here?

She seemed rather in a good mood, so I turned to look at Luna. I wanted to confirm if her mother was aware of what had happened a few minutes ago.

She vigorously shook her head no.

Irene: I wanted to say goodbye first. And come kidnap this girl for the day!

I joked. Giuliana giggled and gave me a quick hug, before going back to the kitchens.

Irene: So? Ready to leave?

I asked Luna as I turned around to look at her, after her mother left.

Luna: Erm... Won't it be awkward?

Irene: You know Jacklin's family, so it won't be awkward at all!

Luna: I wasn't talking about them.

Irene: I know. Me neither. Ha-ha! Come on!

I grabbed her bag with my left hand and took her hand with my right one, before pulling her towards the exit.

We passed by Tristan's table and I could feel the deadly stares that we received.

Luna: If stares could kill.

Luna said when we walked out of the restaurant.

Irene: Tell me about it.

I replied, before laughing.

The boys were already in the car, waiting for us. As soon as we jumped in, Sehun drove off.

Irene: Where are we going to get changed?

Lucas: At your hotel room, I guess. We can't really go to my apartment today. My uncle and aunt are still there.

Irene: I see... Alright.

Sehun: Luna, are you okay?

Sehun asked her, a few minutes later. Luna was taken aback and she looked at me with a worried expression. I smiled at her and nodded my head at her.

I didn't want her to feel like she had to act differently around Sehun now that Mary had made a reference to their past, in front of me. I didn't mind at all.

Luna: I'm fine. You know me. Ha-Ha.

She chuckled a bit, before turning her attention back to the window. I wanted to talk with her, have a laugh or anything, but I felt like she needed to think for a while. I didn't want to disturb her anyhow.

Lucas: Luna, do you have a change of clothes with you?

Luna: Unless there is a specific dress code, I'm going to be wearing what I have on now.

Lucas: Yes, there is a dress code. Do you want to go home first?

Irene: It's okay, I will lend her one of my dresses. Sehun bought me one too many, this morning.

I said and chuckled afterwards. We got to our hotel in a short amount of time and all made our way up to the suite.

I could tell that Luna had started to relax a bit when I showed her the clothes I had. We discussed about different things, and I learned that she was not living in Toronto anymore.

Singing was her passion, and from what I understood, she had a real talent for it. She had left three years ago to go study in Australia when she was given the opportunity to, after receiving a scholarship from one of their most prestigious music schools.

At first encounter, one would think that Luna was the uninterested type of young lady, but she was just an artist. A real one.

She lived everything so passionately, and I could see why she had gotten so honest with Mary earlier.

Sehun: Girls, let eat.

With all the things that had happened, we did not even get to finish eating our lunches.

Lucas: It's very frugal, because I don't think we should stuff our faces before going to the Pierces'. We all know Careen. When she starts cooking, she goes all in!

Luna: That I know!

We all laughed while we agreed. We only ate salmon sandwiches before getting ready. After an hour and a half, we were all ready to leave.

The car ride to their house was a lot more enjoyable because we were all in a better mood. When we got there, a whole bunch of cars were already parked in their large front-yard. 

Sehun asked Lucas and Luna to give us a second, so they walked in the house first.

Irene: What's wrong?

Sehun: I just wanted to make sure that you are really okay. We didn't really have time to talk about anything. There are so many things that I want to tell you, and I know that we will have to have a serious conversation.

Irene: Sehun, you don't have to worry this much. I know how you feel. Like I told you earlier, I can wait until you're ready to tell me everything.

Sehun: I am.

Irene: Oh. Well, I don't think right now is the best time to have this conversation.

Sehun: I know. I just wanted to let you know that I am ready.

I looked at him in the eyes, trying to understand why he was so impatient to tell me about that story. If I was not worried earlier, now I felt a bit nervous. What could have happened that was so heavy on his shoulders that he felt the need to repeat himself.

Irene: Noted.

I tried to smile to reassure him, but I did not think it really worked. Thankfully, Jacklin walked out of the house and called us.

Jacklin: What are you doing? Come on in!

We both turned to look at our friend.

Sehun: Let's go.

I nodded my head and walked first. I grabbed Jacklin's hand and followed her inside the house, then to the backyard. I was dumfounded when I saw what she and her family did with the exterior of the house. They had really turned it into the perfect place for a cocktail party.

Everyone was dressed neatly and accordingly to the theme, so it made everything look even more beautiful.

Irene: Lin-ah... This is so pretty!

Jacklin: Thank you! Mom and I did most of it. We couldn't count on those young males of ours, right?

She said as Stanley walked by, earning a cheeky chuckle from him.

Stanley: Hey Irene! You look really pretty!

Irene: Aw, thank you Stan!

I smiled at the young boy before turning to Jacklin.

Irene: Where is the birthday boy?

Jacklin: Probably somewhere with his friends. Let me go get him!

With that said she disappeared somewhere, leaving me to stand alone in the middle of the garden. I looked around and that was when I realized that Sehun was no longer next to me. I had not realize that he had walked in the opposite direction, probably looking for Marvin.

Luna: Feeling lonely?

I turned around to look at the girl.

Irene: Jacklin just flew somewhere and left me alone. Ha-ha!

Luna: She did the same thing after walking us in. Ha-ha! Here!

She said as she handed me a beverage.

Luna: Apple juice. Jamal may have turned 21 but his mother didn't put anything close to alcohol on that table.

We both laughed, probably thinking of the same thing: the scene that Jamal must have made when his mother refused to buy alcohol for his twenty first birthday party.

Jamal: Irene!

Irene: Oh! Hey Jamal! We were just talking about you!

Jamal: Alessandro Luna? Wow, is that really you? It's been a while!

Luna: I know! How have you been, Jamal? Happy birthday, by the way!

Irene: Ah yes, happy birthday!

Jamal: Thank you girls! Thank you for coming!

Irene: And we didn't come empty handed! Here!

I said, handing him his present.

Jamal: You didn't have to. Thank you, girls.

We chit-chatted for a little while before he had to get back to his other guests. The rest of the evening was very lovely, and Luna and I had a very nice time together. After a few hours, it was finally the moment for Jamal to cut his cake so we all gathered around the table placed at the center of the garden.

Mrs. Pierce: Before ending this wonderful night, I just wanted to thank every single one of you for coming to my boy's birthday party. I'm sure it means a lot to him, as it does to us, his parents. Now, a few words from the birthday boy?

Jamal: Mom...

He whined while his brothers and sister chanted his name for him to get in the middle and speak. Everyone laughed as his younger brother forcefully pulled him to the center.

Jamal: Ah... I didn't mean to make a speech tonight, but since my family insists.

He said as he looked at his laughing but encouraging siblings.

Jamal: Thank you all for coming all the way to my house to celebrate my 21st birthday with me. It really does mean a lot to me, and I am touched to know that I count for so many people. Now, there is just one more thing left to make of this night the perfect party.

We all waited for him to tell us what he wanted.

Jamal: And that is for this talented young lady right here, to sing me my birthday song.

He said, pointing at Luna. She looked surprised at the request but before she even had time to protest, or say anything for that matter, everyone chanted her name.

Soon enough, they had brought her a microphone and everyone grabbed their phones, ready to record the upcoming performance. I had never heard her sing but by the looks of it, people around here knew that she could hold a note. They all looked so impatient to hear her voice, that I had immediately grown curious myself.

I turned to look at Luna, who was finally bringing the microphone to .

The voice that came out of was not good, it was angelic. I felt like I was transported somewhere else, as if she was sharing an emotion that I had never before felt. And she was just singing a birthday song.

I was extremely surprised and I looked around one more time, to check people's reactions. I spotted Sehun and Lucas watching her with loving eyes. With proud eyes.

I had just met her that morning, and I was myself feeling proud of her. I couldn't describe the sensation I had at that moment.

After she finished, the whole audience clapped for her. I couldn't even budge, because I was still in shock.

Irene: Luna... You were unbelievable.

I told her as she walked back to me.

Luna: Oh... No, I am just an average singer.

Irene: Don't say that! You were awesome!

Luna: Thank you!

She sincerely smiled at me, and I hugged her afterwards.

The rest of the night was a little calmer, and after another hour, people started leaving the party. Lucas and Luna slept at our hotel room that night.

The few days after that were very entertaining and I could really bond with Luna and Jacklin. It felt good to have found my sister back, and a new friend at the same time.

Our trip lasted a week and a half long but it felt really short to me. I didn't want to go back right away. We promised to come back soon and Jacklin promised us to keep in touch this time.

Going back home felt nice though, because I was able to see my family. I had really missed my sisters, and I was glad to be able to hug them. Although I had started feeling sick the morning after we came back, it felt comforting to be around my family.

Two weeks after we had gotten back, I still felt a little sick and I could not understand what was happening to my body. I had to go to the hospital to get myself checked, because I had been constantly exhausted the whole time.

The results came in and the doctor told me that I had an extreme case of fatigue. I needed to take care of it before it became too dangerous for my health.

Sehun: You don't have to do anything for the next few days, okay? I will take care of everything and I will let your sisters know, so that they can come up and take care of you when I can't.

Sehun said as we rode the elevator up to our floor. He had been pestering at me about getting some rest, the whole ride back.

Irene: It's okay, Sehun. I don't want them to be alarmed or anything. It's not that serious.

Sehun: But it could get serious, so I am telling them.

I heaved a sigh as he helped me walk up to our door. I waited for him to open it before getting inside. Something smelled in our apartment, so I turned to Sehun.

Irene: Did you leave something on the stove?

I asked him as he closed the door behind him.

Sehun: Me? Ani!

I turned back in the direction of our kitchen, wondering what it was. Had someone been in our apartment while we were gone?

Before I could utter another word, someone walked out the kitchen and took us by surprise, making me scream in fear.

Sehun: Jacklin?!

Jacklin: Surprise!