Doesn't mean anything

Mr. Kim's Daughters

 

+Seulgi's POV+

 

After the talk with my sister, I felt a little more at ease. I felt like I could enjoy my relationship for the time being, before everything ends.

I was at work, taking care of the 8 years old twin boys who arrived two months ago. One of them, Taekwoon, is dyslexic so I usually help him with his homework. They are adorable.

The youth center I work at brings me so much happiness. Every time I come to work I realize how lucky I am to still have my father and my sisters beside me. These kids don't have any family left.

They spend their days waiting for someone to come and welcome them into their family. I find it profoundly sad.

Taekhyun: Noona, I'm done with my calculus homework. Can I go play outside?

Seulgi: Oh? Taekhyun-ah, don't you want to wait for Taekwoon to finish his homework?

Taekhyun: Ah, yes. I'm sorry Taekwoon-ah...

Taekwoon: Ani, Taekhyun-ah. You can go play, I don't really feel like going out today anyway.

Taekhyun: Really?

Taekwoon: Yes! Go have fun!

With that, Taekhyun took off to go play with the rest of the kids outside.

Seulgi: Don't you really want to go and play?

Taekwoon: Not really. Not today. I'll just stay inside.

Miss Park: Seulgi, someone came to see you.

I turned around and saw my handsome boyfriend walking in. I stood up and went to hug him.

Jaebum: How are you?

Seulgi: Good. You came on time, it's the kids game time.

Jaebum: Oh? Isn't that my little friend, Taekwoon-ie? Annyeong Taekwoon!

Taekwoon: Annyeong hyung!

Jaebum: Why isn't he outside for the game? Is it a charade game today?

I sadly nodded my head to confirm. Taekwoon was really self conscious about his dyslexia so whenever we had a game that involved letters or numbers, he would back away from it.

Jaebum: Taekwoon-ah, don't you want to go outside and play?

Taekwoon: Not today hyung. 

Jaebum: Why not? I really want to play today but I at charades, so I need a partner. Don't you want to help a brother out?

He looked at Jaebum, then at me. I smiled to encourage him to say yes.

Taekwoon: Okay! But we have to play together as a team, okay?

Jaebum: Alright, that's my man! Let's go!

I watched them walk out hand in hand and I couldn't help but smile. Jaebum is such a great person, so selfless and compassionate.

Why wasn't I born a chaebol too? Things would have been so much easier, because I would have met his parents' standards.

Jaebum and Taekwoon won the game, beating all the other teams. Taekwoon was so happy when all the other kids asked to team up with him for the next games.

Jaebum and I walked back inside and sat down to have lunch.

Jaebum: How have you been?

Seulgi: Good... you?

Jaebum: So so... are you ready to talk about it now?

Seulgi: Jaebum...

Jaebum: Baby, I'm serious when I say that I want to get married.

Seulgi: I know...

Jaebum: Seul, you have to put your trust in me. I wouldn't have asked you to do it if I wasn't sure about it.

Seulgi: Jaebum, this is a big decision. We can't take this lightly! It's marriage we're talking about!

Jaebum: Seulgi, all you have to do is say yes. Leave the rest to me.

I looked at him. I really wanted to say yes, I really did but I couldn't help being scared of his family's reaction.

At the same time I thought about my conversation with Irene eonnie and everything she told me. A family is supposed to show support, not rejection. It all made sense to me, and I couldn't hurt Jaebum by hesitating like this all the time.

We are in this together so I have to be an unwavering source of support and show him that he is not vainly fighting.

Seulgi: Yes... I will be your wife.

Jaebum: Jeongmal?! Thank you baby! Thank you so much!

He kissed me right there on the spot.

"Eeeewwww"

We laughed and looked at the kids spying on us. They were obviously disgusted by the kiss, which made the situation much more funny.

Jaebum started chasing them around the center and they had a great laugh. They all had a blast and I was on cloud nine.

I am going to marry the love of my life.

Himnae, Kim Seulgi!

 

+Wendy's POV+

 

I came home from school but nobody was there. It felt empty and I somewhat felt uneasy, so I decided to go out and look for a job, instead of sitting there alone.

This situation was really stressing me out because I knew how much it would help our family if I had a job. My sisters and my dad are awesome for taking care of us all like that.

Irene eonnie is really my role model. Even though our situation has always been hard, she didn't give up on her dreams and has managed to keep up with both her job and her school work. She is a super woman.

Seulgi eonnie's efforts are not to be ignored either. She is an A class student, everybody admires her for her work at the center and even though her situation with Jaebum oppa's family is not the most peaceful, she never complains or treats anyone badly. She is incredible!

When I think of my younger sisters, I want them to see me as a role model too. That is why I work extra hard at school, and it always feels great when I hear them telling me how proud they are when I come back home with even something as unsignificant as a simple good mark.

After two unsuccessful hours of looking for a job, I walked back home hoping that someone would be back by now. Irene eonnie was there with Joy and Yeri.

Yeri: Annyeong eonnie!

Wendy: How are you, princess Yeri?

Yeri: Good! Eonnie go get ready, we're leaving in two hours!

Wendy: Where are we going?

Irene: Sehun and Junmyeon invited us to dinner. They will pick us up in two hours, if you want to come.

Wendy: Is Seulgi eonnie going?

Irene: She can't, she is having dinner with Jaebum's family and dad is working late tonight.

Joy: You'll be alone if you don't come, eonnie.

At the thought of feeling uneasy again like earlier, I rushed to the bathroom to take a shower. I really didn't want to experience that twice in the same day.

Sehun and Junmyeon oppas got here right on cue. When we walked out of the house I saw four figures instead of two but since it was a bit dark outside I couldn't tell who were the two persons with Sehun and Junmyeon oppa.

Joy: Oh! Annyeong oppa! Uremhanida!

"Annyeong girls. Annyeong noona! It's been a while!" The person said.

Irene: Oh! Jinyoung-ah! How are you? Wow, you've become a handsome young man!

What? No! Why was he here? I thought he was still in the states with his mother. Why is he here?

Jinyoung: Oh, Ani noona! Ha-ha. You are even prettier than before! You all are! Hey Wend!

Wend: Hey... I didn't know you were back in the country.

Jinyoung: Oh yeah, I follow my brother everywhere he goes, remember? Ha-ha.

Irene: Anyways, it's nice to see you! Sungjae, how come you don't come over to dinner anymore! I'm not happy about that.

Sungjae: I know noona, that's why we're treating you all to dinner tonight. It was my idea!

Junmyeon: What nonsense are you saying now. Ha-ha, let's go before you say any more stupid things. Who would like to ride with us?

Joy: Me!

Joy said it so quickly that it made us all laugh. We knew she had a huge crush on Jun oppa's brother since they were kids and the fact that they have been in the same school for the past two years, didn't help it.

Junmyeon: Alright! Yeri, care to join us?

Yeri: Yes, let's go! This car ride will be fun, I can tell!

We all laughed at her comment but I stopped when I realized that it meant I would be going with Jinyoung and Sehun oppa. It's not that I hated Jinyoung... It was the complete opposite. I had a crush on him for a long time when we were younger but five years ago when I confessed to him, he rejected it.

I had a hard time facing him for a while and then he moved to the US a year after his brother and Junmyeon oppa left for Canada. I haven't seen him or talked to him in three whole years.

I think Irene eonnie noticed the tension because she told Jinyoung to sit in the passenger seat and she stayed next to me in the back. I held her hand to say thank you and she smiled at me. I stayed silent the whole ride because I was too embarrassed thinking about the past.

We got to the restaurant a few minutes after Junmyeon oppa and his 'clique', and we joined them inside. I almost ran to the table to be seated next to one of my sisters and kept the seat next to me for Irene eonnie. She silently laughed at my action, but sat next to me anyway.

Sehun oppa sat on the last spot next to her and I could finally breathe. Not for too long though. Jinyoung sat on the last chair available and it was right in front of me.

I quickly looked up and saw him smiling while talking to Sungjae. What an angelic smile he always had. It was one of the many reasons why I fell for him.

Let me be clear: I no longer have feelings for him, it was just too embarrassing to be around him knowing that he rejected me back at the time.

We ordered our food and talked amongst ourselves until it got served.

Jinyoung: Oh. I love my seat. I get to have the best view.

Everyone stopped eating and looked at him. My little sisters started making noises and teasing me. What was he saying? Has he gone mad or something?

Sehun: What... God. What are you saying?!

Junmyeon: This kid is crazy. A sweet talker like his brother! Ha-ha.

Sehun: Yah! I'm so not like that!

Joy: Oppa, the first day when we saw you, you said that you had a car to bring girls back home! Ha-ha!

Irene: Bahja!

Irene eonnie started laughing and gave Joy a high five. I faked a laugh but I was just glad to move onto another topic.

Sehun: I...That's not what I... girls, aren't you supposed to be on my side? You, stop laughing! Ha-ha!

He tickled Irene eonnie on the side and they started bickering like a couple.

Wendy: Daebak. What are you guys waiting for to start dating?

Irene: What do these kids have today? Michygaetda!

Jinyoung: I know right? Quickly date so that I can ask Wendy out too.

I almost spilled water on my food when he said that. He had definitely lost it, for sure.

Junmyeon: Let's stop all of that and let's start eating, guys.

Jinyoung was still looking at me and this time I didn't look down. I was not embarrassed anymore, I was angry.

I felt like he was having fun playing with his words like that. Was he taking me for a joke or something? I really wasn't going to let him win at that.

My stare was very insistant and he eventually ended up looking down at his plate after a few minutes, but I was still staring at him.

Irene eonnie tapped my hand slightly under the table to make me come back to my senses.

Thankfully, the rest of the dinner wasn't awkward thanks to Yeri, Joy, and Sehun oppa, but my anger didn't go away. I guess I was still mad about what happened a few years ago and seeing him being so cocky did not help me at all.

The ride back was silent. I guess no one in our car was in the mood for talking.

Joy: Thank you for tonight Junmyeon and Sehun oppas. We had fun and the meal was good!

Yeri: Yes! Next time, you should come to our house and have dinner with us, right eonnie?

Irene: Keurom! It's more comfortable at home and it will feel like old times, don't you think?

Sehun: How can we say no to such pretty ladies? Call!

Junmyeon: See? He is such a sweet talker! He could have said a simple "Sure", but no! Ha-ha!

Sehun: Yah, Kim Junmyeon! Ha-ha!

Sungjae: Thank you for coming with us tonight! I'll see you on Monday, Joy... have a good night.

Sungjae stuttered at the end and made everyone laugh. I was sure that he had a crush on her too, I could see it. She simply smiled and bowed before running into the house, followed by a laughing Yeri.

Junmyeon: Kim Sungjae, hurry up and date her! Ha-ha!

Sungjae: Eish...Hyung!

Junmyeon: Okay, I'll stop. Well, we'll be leaving now. Irene, I'll text you to schedule our lunch date tomorrow!

Sehun: Date? With you? No way!

Irene: Alright, Jun-ah! Talk to you soon! Go back safely!

Sehun: Yah, Kim Irene!

Irene: Yes, Oh Sehun? Ha-ha! You should leave too!

Wendy: Thank you for tonight, oppa. See you soon!

Jinyoung: Wendy... can I talk to you for a second please? Just a second.

I looked at him and contemplated if I should agree or just leave him hanging, but honestly I didn't have that will.

I could not handle being mean, so I just followed him. We walked for a few seconds before he stopped.

Jinyoung: I'm sorry for earlier. I didn't know it would piss you off that much.

Wendy: It's okay, don't worry.

Jinyoung: But Wend, I really meant it. I really think you are beautiful and I really want to date you. I don't see what is wrong with me being direct.

Wendy: Jinyoung, have you lost your mind? I'll tell you what's wrong with that. First of all, I haven't seen or heard from you in three years and the first day we meet again, you embarrass me by teasing me like that. Secondly, if you don't remember how you rejected me a few years ago, I certainly still do and I didn't get an explanation for it. And what? Now that I look like a woman, you are interested? Thirdly, did you think that I would have a crush on you forever? If yes, then you were wrong.

Jinyoung: I didn't get to give you an explanation because that day you ran away when I said that I couldn't be with you. You did not let me explain why.

Wendy: So what? You could have texted me or given me a call. It doesn't even matter anymore anyway.

Jinyoung: Wendy, calm down first and let's talk about that.

Wendy: I don't want to!

Jinyoung: Aren't you even going to hear me out?

Wendy: It doesn't matter, Jinyoung.

Jinyoung: Why?

Wendy: I have a boyfriend!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I hope you're enjoying this story so far. Thanks for reading it! Much love <3