Don't Do It

Mr. Kim's Daughters

 

+Irene's POV+

 

I ran out of the office after yelling that Mr Park was insane. I still don't know how I managed to get home that day, but I was sure out of it, the whole evening.

Jacklin: Irene... what's wrong?

Irene: Oh? Nothing, don't worry.

I smiled to reassure her but Seulgi and Wendy looked at me suspiciously, probably not buying it. When my dad came home, he immediately asked to see me.

Appa: Juhyeon... about what happened today... I really didn't know about it, beforehand. 

I stayed silent and looked at my dad. It made me feel uneasy to see him feel guilty about something that he had not created.

Irene: I know it's not your fault... what did he say when I left like that?

Appa: Oh? Nothing important.

Irene: Did he still want to marry me after I cussed him out?

I asked with the last bit of hope I had.

Appa: Yes. But it's really not important.

I knew that my dad was hiding something from me. I've been thinking about it this whole time, and with a man with a personality like Mr Park's, you can't really have the last word. I really did not want to get married, but I knew that my dad would not be able to take care of my sisters if he lost his job.

Appa: Juhyeon-ah... listen to me. You know that all I want is for you girls to be happy and secure, right? But I'm never, and I mean never ever,  going to force you into doing anything that you don't want to do. It's not the way we'll be happy. That man is out of his mind and-

Irene: I will do it.

Appa: What? No, Juhyeon!

Seulgi and Wendy barged into the room.

Seulgi: Eonnie! No!

Wendy: You can't marry someone you don't love!

I looked at my sisters and smiled.

Irene: Aigo! How can you be eavesdroping on people's conversations. You little rebels! Ha-ha

I stood up, wished everyone a good night and went to bed. Seulgi and Wendy didn't argue with me when they came back because Joy and Jacklin were sleeping.

The next few days, I did my best to go to school early and come back home late after work to avoid any uncomfortable conversation.

Mr Park was informed that I agreed to the marriage and wanted to see me this weekend. On Saturday morning I left for the hotel. He received me early in the morning.

Irene: Thank you for agreeing to see me so soon.

Mr Park: No need to say thanks. I knew you were going to come back sooner or later, so I cleared my schedule for the week. I judge people quite clearly and I am never wrong with these things.

I looked at him, shocked at the fact that someone could be so full of himself. I was really trying my best not to slap him in the face, right now.

Irene: I wanted to come fix the details for... the wedding. I want to know your plans in advance.

Mr Park: Well the event will be highly covered by the press, since I am quite famous in town. I want to have it as soon as possible so that you can't change your mind. Not that you'll be inconsiderate enough to do that!

Irene: I won't.

Mr Park: I hope so. The only time I found in my schedule, to have it, is in a month. 

I almost gasped when he said that. A month? 4 weeks? 48 days? That is way too soon. I tried to stall a litte bit to gain some more time.

Irene: I won't have enough time to find a location, a dress, and get everything ready. Can't we push-

Mr Park: I'm in charge of that. All you have to do is be there on time that day. Invite some friends and family members. I don't want the press to think I am marrying a friendless girl. Also, I can send you some money for you to buy dresses for your sisters, and I will get a car ready for you girls to go shop at my favorite places.

Irene: No thank you, we'll manage this part by ourselves.

Mr Park: Come on, I know you didn't have a mother to teach you what real style and class is, so I've got to make sure that your sisters will at least look decent at my wedding.

Irene: You don't know us at all, so I would grandly appreciate if you watched your words, Mr Park.

Mr park: Ah, I do know enough. I've heard that you are the daughter of that woman who left the country with that famous chaebol tv producer. I remember how the entire country talked about her, when it happened. You must feel ashamed to be related to her, sometimes.

Irene: Now, you are going way out of line. I am not going to let you disrespect any member of my family.

Mr Park: I've done some research and I found out that this was the only job your father could get after he got injured. I really hope you understand that I am only marrying you out of desire, but you have to do it if you want your precious father to keep his job. Never forget who rules this situation.

I looked at him and stood up.

Irene: I will be leaving now. The wedding is in a month. I expect you to leave me and my family alone for the time being. Goodbye.

I felt so many things at the same time. I was mad, I was hurt, I felt revolted. I really did not know how I would be able to keep this act on, when all I wanted to do was rip his head off, every time he opened his mouth.

When I came down, my dad opened the door for me and I looked down at my hands. I couldn't even look at him in the eyes, because I knew how guilty he felt, but also because if I looked at him, I could break down at any moment. And it was really not the time for that.

Appa: Juhyeon...

Irene: I'll be going now Appa... I'll see you at home.

Sehun: Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Kim.

Appa: Oh! Sehun-ah!

Irene: Sehun? What are you doing here?

Sehun: I came to take you out for breakfast. I'll take care of her today, Mr. Kim.

Appa: O! Keurae, please do so.

I bowed at my dad before Sehun dragged me towards his car. We stayed silent the whole ride, and even after we got to the restaurant and ordered our food, he still didn't talk. I could tell that he was upset about something.

Irene: Sehun-

Sehun: Are you really going to marry that guy?

Irene: How do you know about that... let me guess, my sisters?

Sehun: They're worried about you. We all are, because you're going to do something that you don't want to do.

Irene: Sehun, this is not about me. As the oldest, I have to do everything I can, to help my family. Even if it means getting married to a total douche.

Sehun: It makes no sense, Irene! What makes you think that this is going to help your family?

Irene: There's so much you don't know, Sehun.

Sehun: Then tell me! That's all I'm asking for! I want to be able to understand!

Irene: You can't, and frankly it's none of your damn business! You and my sisters need to focus on your own lives. Not mine!

I was so pissed. Not because he was wrong, but because he was damn right. I was going to do something that my entire being didn't want to do. He looked at me, obviously hurt by my words.

Irene: We had a talk today and we're getting married in a month. I don't think there's anything to wait for.

He kept looking at the table, without talking. Expressionless.

When our food came in, we ate in silence. After paying for the food, he drove me back home and was about to leave, when I stopped him.

Irene: Sehun... talk to me. Please.

Sehun: I'm sorry, I won't be attending the wedding. I have to go now, Irene. I wish you the very best.

He got back into his car and drove off without looking back. What was even happening in my life? I just wanted to wake up from this nightmare.

 

+Sehun's POV+

 

I was at home with Junmyeon, Jinyoung and Sungjae. They were trying to convince me to attend Irene's wedding today, but I really was not going.

I had not seen or spoken to her in a month, and I really didn't want to be there to witness the love of my life walking down the aisle, to marry someone else. Everyone was talking about it like it was the event of the year. The press, on TV, in the newspaper, everywhere. I was sick of it, already.

Jinyoung: Hyung, you could regret not going. Come on, we'll all be there with you.

Junmyeon: Sehun... please reconsider this. As a... friend, you've got to be there for her.

Sehun: Jun, I know I can't blame her for trying to help her family out, but I can't go there and act like I'm fine with it.

Junmyeon: Sehun... I get it, and I myself can't act like I am fine with that, but us more than anyone should know why she is going through this right now. How do you think she feels?

My mother walked into my room at that moment.

Mrs. Oh: Boys, could you wait outside for a minute please? I need to speak to Sehun.

Jinyoung: We'll be waiting for you outside, Hyung.

They left my room and I sat up on my bed, to listen to my mother. She hates when we speak to her while being nonchalently laid on our backs.

Mrs. Oh: Why don't you want to go to Irene's wedding?

Sehun: Eomma, I'm really not in the mood to go witness her getting married to someone else. This is too much for me.

Mrs. Oh: Is she doing this because she has a choice? Do you not remember how we suffered when we were in the same situation, and how you wished you could have been able to do something to prevent Jin from suffering from it?

I stayed silent, remembering the bitter memories of my childhood.

Mrs. Oh: Sehun, I am just wondering why you didn't act faster. It's obvious how much you love her. You're even willing to let her marry someone else because you know how important it is to her to save her family. What is there in this world that he can give her, that you can't? Tell me.

Sehun: I don't know about that, but he will never love her like I do.

Mrs. Oh: Exactly! And that's why you should always fight for what you love. Do you think you will be able to do it when she will be Mrs. Park?

I looked at my mother and it all made sense in my head.

Sehun: Eomma... Gomawo. You are the best!

Mrs. Oh: We should have had this conversation a long time ago, but you guys insist on hiding what you feel from your mama. I'm of great help, you know! Ha-ha.

I quickly stood up and got changed before running out of the house. Fortunately the boys didn't leave yet, so I hopped in the car and we drove off to the venue.

 

-------------------------------------

 

People were coming in the church one by one for the wedding. Irene, her sisters, and Jacklin were shocked by the amount of important people that showed up. Mostly because it was the famous business man, Park Jonghyun's wedding.

Jacklin: The ceremony is about to start. We'll let you get settled, now.

Irene and her sisters were weird towards each other, since the day thewedding date was discussed. They felt like their sister was doing all of this because of them, and they felt sorry for it.

Wendy: We'll keep our phones close, so you can contact us if you need anything.

Irene: Thank you...

Yeri: Eonnie... Mianhae...

Joy: Nadoo mianhae...

Irene: Don't apologize baby's. Please, my heart can't take it. I know how much this is hurting you all and if I thought we had a better way to help dad, I would stop this right away.

They all ended up crying and holding each other.

Sehun: Don't do it!

They all looked up.

Irene: Sehun...

Sehun: Don't do it, Irene! Don't marry that guy.

Junmyeon: Sehun, stop it. Let's go back there.

Junmyeon, Jinyoung and Sungjae came running after him.

Sehun: Look at me, Irene.

He kneeled down in front of her and held her trembling hands. She was crying so hard that her vision was a little blurry. Her sisters and Jacklin were also very emotional, and couldn't hold their tears.

Sehun: Irene... I haven't talked to you in a while because I was trying to figure everything out but right now I'm ready. Please don't marry him.

Irene: I don't have a choice Sehun. I can't just back off now. What about my dad's job? What will he do if he can't provide for my four sisters?

Sehun: Trust me, Irene. Have I ever lied to you once in my life?

She shook her head no.

Sehun: Then trust me when I tell you that it won't be a problem. I will take care of it. I can do it. All this time I've been working to make a name for myself, and I did it. Now I can take care of my loved ones.

Irene: What are you saying, Sehun?

Sehun: Don't marry him... Marry me, Irene. I want you to be my wife.

Wendy: Oppa!

Jinyoung: Hyung!

Junmyeon: Sehun!

 

--------------------------------------

 

I hope you liked the chapter! I still don't know what I want Irene to do, yet... but things can't be too easy in life now, can they? Ha-Ha.

XoXo