Mistakes

Mr. Kim's Daughters

Jacklin

 

 

+Sehun's POV+

 

 

The last few days I couldn't see Irene, because I was working and also looking for the apartment, at the same time. I informed her boss about the situation, and he was very understanding.

I was about to finish reading one of my files, when Junmyeon walked into my office.

Junmyeon: Yo! What are you doing?

Sehun: Finishing this up. Done for today?

Junmyeon: Yes. I am going to pick Lin up, on the way to check out the apartment I found for us. I came to ask you if you wanted to come with us, because I think they have three apartments to show me. Maybe one will suit your tastes.

Sehun: Ah... I wanted to spend some time with Irene today, since it's been a while... but at the same time, the sooner I'll find the apartment, the sooner she'll be able to live with me.

Junmyeon: Exactly. Let's hit the road, then!

We departed from the company, each of us driving our respective cars. We both drove to the Kim's apartment building first, to pick Lin up. I didn't go upstairs, because if I saw Irene at that moment, I wouldn't have been able to leave her side. When Jun and Lin came back down, we drove to Hongdae.

The building was located in a calm part of the area and was protected by a gate with an automatic security system, but a security guard was also doing verifications every thirthy minutes. I liked it so far. Irene would be in security here.

The real estate agent came at the gate and opened it for us. She showed us the way up to the third floor, for the first apartment. It was a nice apartment, with a nice view giving on a popular street of Hongdae. It had three rooms with their own bathrooms, a nice family room and a modern kitchen. It was nice, but way too big for a couple. Jun seemed to agree with me, so we went up two floors to check on the second apartment.

It was a nice condo with a kind of vintage feel to it. I could tell that Jacklin loved it. She kept walking around smiling. I guess this one made it to their top.

Jun didn't even hesitate. Jacklin and him talked for a few minutes before finally deciding on this one. It was quicker than I thought it would have been. They must have already visited a bunch of them for them to know exactly what they needed, at a first glance.

Agent: Would you like to look at the third apartment in case you would like it better?

Junmyeon: I don't think we're going to change our minds, but my friend here would probably like to see it. He's also looking for an apartment in the area.

Agent: That's great! Please follow me.

On the sixth floor, the apartment was not far from the elevator. Since it was the last floor, there wasn't many apartment on it either. We followed her inside apartment number 43. It was spacious, with a separate family room, two bedrooms and two bathrooms, a nice kitchen and a small dinning room. It was spacious enough for four people to live here comfortably.

I liked the tones of beige and white, and the way it was arranged. I wasn't quite in love with the place yet, but it had its charm. I was sure Irene would like it, and that is the most important thing to me.

Sehun: I like it so far. I'm just going to think about it for a few days, if that's possible.

Agent: Of course. Take a few days and contact me when you're ready to make a decision.

Sehun: Thank you.

We left after Jun and Jacklin signed their contract. She was so excited to finally have an apartment with Junmyeon. They decided to go have lunch together, so I went back to the Kim's apartment. I knocked on the door and Yeri opened it for me.

Yeri: Welcome, Oppa!

Sehun: How are you, princess Yeri?

I asked while putting my arm around her neck. She smiled at me and started telling me everything that happened to her during day, while we walked to the living room. Joy and Irene were in the kitchen, cooking dinner together, when we walked in.

Joy: Oppa! How are you?

Sehun: I'm good! How are you, Joyie?

Joy: I'm good! Oppa, since I haven't seen you in a few days, how about we go to the nearest ice cream shop and we catch up on life? Hm?

Yeri: That's a great idea! Oppa, forget about everything I just told you and let's go catch up at the ice cream shop!

Irene: Yah! Leave my boyfriend alone! Ha-ha. How are you?

I laughed and let go of Yeri to go hug Irene. We quickly separated and I gently kissed her forehead. Joy and Yeri made puking noises and acted as if they were disgusted by the scene. I laughed and ruffled their hair playfully.

Irene: Dinner is ready. Have you eaten yet?

Sehun: Not yet.

Irene: Let's eat together, then. Wendy and Seulgi will eat out today after work.

Sehun: Oh, did Wendy find a job?

Irene: Yeah. Jinyoung recommended her to his boss and now she is in her try out period.

Sehun: Jinyoung? My Jinyoung?

Irene: Ha-ha. Yes, that one.

Sehun: Woah! Hyogsi, the Oh's are capable men when it comes to their ladies. Ha-ha!

Irene: They're not dating, pabo-yah! Ha-ha.

Sehun: Yet!

Joy: Jinyoung Oppa still doesn't know that Wendy Eonnie lied about her fake boyfriend, so I don't think he will want to make a move on her, thinking that she is taken.

Irene & Sehun: She lied?!

Yeri: Oh... you didn't know?

Irene: Why would she do that?

Joy: Because she didn't want him to play with her feelings.

Sehun: What do you mean?

Yeri: We all know that when she confessed to him back at the time, he rejected her, so now she is just being cautious.

Sehun: Did she ask him why he "rejected" her?

Irene: She did not have the chance to. He left before she mustered enough courage to ask him.

Sehun: He was just trying to protect her. Anyways, let's stop talking about other people's lives. Let's eat!

After dinner, Joy and Yeri took their showers and went to bed. Irene and I were left alone in the living room. She rested her head on my shoulder and I put mine on top of hers. I closed my eyes and relaxed.

Irene: It's good to see you after a few days. I've missed you.

Sehun: Me too. I'm sorry for being so busy after what happened. I should have been with you.

Irene: No, it's okay, don't worry. My friends were often here, so I was never alone.

Sehun: Good. When are you going back to school and work?

Irene: I don't know yet. My boss is trying to arrange my schedule to allow me to work during morning shifts only, and I'm still organizing my classes at school for the next semester, to match with that.

Sehun: Alright. Tell me when you've decided on a date.

Irene: Ok. How was work today?

Sehun: Same old thing. Nothing changes in the entertainment business: a few auditions here and there to find trainees for agencies, the organization of a few social events for celebrities, and so on

Irene: It sounds exciting. I can't wait to be done with this semester and start looking for a real job.

My phone vibrated and I picked up after looking at the caller ID. It was Junmyeon.

Sehun: What's up, Jun-ie?

Junmyeon: I just got some news about the case. We've got enough evidences to take Mr. Park to court, and even to win!

Sehun: Jeongmal? That's great Junmyeon! What are those evidences?

Junmyeon: I'll discuss it with you tomorrow, but tell Irene to get ready for court. We're going in next week, already!

Sehun: Alright bro! Thank you again! See you tomorrow!

Irene: What was that about?

Sehun: The lawsuit. They found enough evidences to go to court and even to win this. We're going in, next week.

Irene: Really? So quick? That's great news!

She was genuinely smiling. I could tell that she was stressed about it all this time, but she just didn't say anything. I hugged her closer and we stayed silent for a while.

Sehun: All of this will be over soon.

 

 

+Junmyeon's POV+

 

 

After signing the contract for the apartment, Lin and I decided that it was time for her to meet my parents. We've been talking about it a lot, and we've both decided to do it once we would find the apartment. I didn't want to waste any time, so we went as soon as the both of us were free.

Junmyeon: Are you ready for this?

Jacklin: As ready as I'll ever be. I already know how it's going to go, so I won't be too shocked, don't worry.

I took her hand and held it until we got to my family house.

Junmyeon: Let's go.

She nodded her head and followed me out of the car and inside the house.

Junmyeon: Eomma, I'm home!

Sungjae: Hyung!

Junmyeon: Ah, Sungjae-yah. Where is mom?

Sungjae: In the kitchen. Oh, Noona! How are you?

Jacklin: I'm good, Sungjae! How have you been?

Sungjae: Good... Wait. Hyung, are you doing what I think you're doing? Right now?!

Junmyeon: Yes. It's time.

Sungjae: Wow... good luck.

Mrs. Kim: Jun-ie, wasseo?

My mother walked in from the kitchen door, with a plate of cookies in her hands.

Mrs. Kim: I made your favorite pastries. Oh, who is this?

She asked, smiling at Jacklin.

Jacklin: Annyeonghaseyo, Eomonim. Pierce Jacklin imnida!

She bowed in front of my mother with a huge smile. My mother was obviously impressed by the fact that Jacklin spoke Hangul.

Mrs. Kim: Omo! What a pretty friend you have there! But you should tell her that "Eomonim" is for mother in laws. Ha-ha.

Junmyeon: She is aware of that. She used it right.

Mrs. Kim: Musunseoriya?

Junmyeon: You are technically her mother in law... since she is my girlfriend.

Sungjae and my mother were shocked, but not for the same reasons. I don't think he was expecting me to be this blunt about it, so soon, and before eating.

Mrs. Kim: Are you kidding me?

Junmyeon: No. I know it must be a shock to you, but it is what it is, Eomma. I'm in lo-

Mrs. Kim: Enough!

She ran back to the kitchen after saying that. She looked extremely angry, so I followed her, leaving Jacklin with Sungjae.

Junmyeon: Eomma-

Mrs. Kim: Are you out of your damn mind, Junmyeon?

Junmyeon: I'm perfectly aware of the situation, but I am in love with her. What is so wrong with that?

Mrs. Kim: Jun, don't make me the bad person by asking me that! You know exactly what is wrong!

Junmyeon: If it's because she is black, then that is freaking racist! You don't even consider the fact that I love her and that she's been of great support these past four years abroad.

Mrs. Kim: Junmyeon... you can't do this to me. Think of what the family will say.

Junmyeon: I don't care about what they will say about me, because they're not going to be the one marrying her. All I care about is how my parents react to it and so far I'm hurt by what I see.

Mrs. Kim: Junmyeon, I am going to find you a good wife, trust me. This is just a phase.

Junmyeon: Eomma! It's NOT a phase! Do you not remember all the hard times I had back there and you couldn't be there for me? Well, she was the one who stayed by my side when I had all those dark thoughts. Do you not remember how lost I was?

Mrs. Kim: I perfectly remember.

Junmyeon: Then why do you want to see me get back to that state?

Mrs. Kim: Junmyeon... please think this trough.

Junmyeon: It's already clear in my head. I hope you're going to be open minded about it, because I am definitely going to marry her.

Mrs. Kim: Leave! I don't want to see you right now! Take your girlfriend and leave for now!

Junmyeon: Are you kicking me out?

Mrs. Kim: Junmyeon, just go! Please, I don't want to say something that I will regret, later on! Leave!

I nodded my head and left the kitchen. I met my dad on my way back to the living room. He was just coming out of it.

Mr. Kim: Follow me.

He simply said, leading the way to his office, upstairs. I was so scared of what he was going to tell me. I could never look into my father's eyes without feeling vulnerable, as if I was still a little child facing his role model. He has such an important influence on my life. I would never want to disappoint him, even though I knew that if he wasn't okay with my relationship, I would eventually have to do that.

Junmyeon: Abeoji...

Mr. Kim: Your girlfriend is so pretty, Jun-ah! You've made a great choice! So polite too!

Junmyeon: Are... you not mad at me?

Mr. Kim: For what? Please, Junmyeon we're not in year 1800. I'm an open minded person.

Junmyeon: Wow... your reaction is so much different from mom's. She asked me to leave, for now.

Mr. Kim: You know that your mother is a nice person. I'm sure she's only scared of what will be said about you, because not everyone is this open minded. That's the sad truth.

Junmyeon: What should I do then, Abeoji? I really don't want to disappoint or hurt mom, but I really don't see myself living without Jacklin. I really love her.

Mr. Kim: I know. You don't have to make a choice, son. Your mother will always love you the same and she'll eventually come around, because she is a mom. All she lives for, is for her kids to be happy.

Junmyeon: I hope so. I will just leave for tonight and come back tomorrow.

Mr. Kim: That's a good idea. I'll talk to her, don't worry. Where will you stay for the night?

Junmyeon: Erm... I bought an apartment yesterday. I just wanted to make sure that I had a backup plan, in case things got heated.

Mr. Kim: Ha-ha! Hyogsi, my son is a smart man! That was a good move. Come back with Jacklin again tomorrow.

Junmyeon: Don't you think it will piss her off even more if Jacklin comes back?

Mr. Kim: Even so, she has to get used to the idea that you're together, and what better way to make her do that than seeing Jacklin everyday? Ha-ha! Plus it will be so entertaining to see her struggle to maintain her facial expressions.

Junmyeon: Abeoji! Ha-ha. Okay, I will be leaving now. Thank you for this talk. I needed it.

Mr. Kim: No problem. I won't see you off. I don't want your mother to know that I'm rooting for you just yet. I'll see you tomorrow!

Junmyeon: See you tomorrow.

I made my way downstairs and took Jacklin, before heading back to Hongdae. She didn't try to argue when I said that we would be sleeping at our apartment tonight. She didn't look surprised either. I guess she prepared herself for all of this.

The next day, we went back to my house, but my mother was feeling the same as the day before, so I had to leave again. We came back the day after that and it was still the same thing. Four days had passed when she finally agreed to see us. When we walked into her office, she wasn't alone.

A young girl, who was probably about Seulgi's age was sitting in front of her. My mother asked us to sit down and we waited for her to speak.

Mrs. Kim: Junmyeon, I've taken in consideration what you've told me about your feelings for Jacklin, and I've decided to let the two of you date.

Junmyeon: Really? Wow, Eom-

Mrs. Kim: Wait, I'm not done yet. I've agreed to let you two date, but I refuse to let you marry her. This is, Hyeri, one of my closest friend's daughter. She will be your wife. Her mother and I already set the date for a Saturday wedding, in four months.

Junmyeon: What?!

Mrs. Kim: I'll let you date Jacklin for the time being. Hyeri will be your wife.

Junmyeon: Eomma!