See No More

Mr. Kim's Daughters

 

+Irene's POV+

 

Irene: Sehun what are you saying? Please, stop it.

Sehun: Irene, I'm not joking. I've loved you ever since we were young and you know that. Now that I am in a stable financial situation and able to take care of everything, I am asking you to marry me. I was planning to do it anyway, I just didn't know I would have to do it in such circumstances.

Everyone was looking at us, holding their breaths.

Yeri: Eonnie, please say yes. Please...

Yeri and Joy were crying and holding each other. Wendy was standing behind Sehun, also crying and holding Jacklin's hand. Seulgi kneeled down next to me and squeezed my arm. I looked at her and her face was wet with tears.

Seulgi: Eonnie... please say yes... I beg you.

Junmyeon: Irene... if your heart is uncomfortable with a choice you've made, start over and do better. If you can't start over, accept it and do better. Do you remember who told me that? I wouldn't normally say these kind of things but if you really think that getting married to that guy is the right thing to do, then do it. But if there is even a glimpse of doubt, please listen to your sisters and choose Sehun.

Sehun was still looking at me, waiting for my answer but how could I possibly decide something like that at such an unexpected moment. I didn't even know how we got to this point. What went wrong?

Someone brutally opened the door and we all looked up in the same direction. Mr. Park walked in with two of his enormous bodyguards.

Mr Park: What is going on here?

He looked at the scene and smirked that evil smirk only him had the secret of. He turned to the two men next to him.

Mr Park: Show these gentlemen to the exit, please.

Sehun: Irene, please don't do this. Trust me when I say that I can take care of everything.

Before I could even realize what was happening, Sehun, Junmyeon, Jinyoung and Sungjae were already being dragged out of the room.

Mr Park: Girls, you should go to your seats. We have a wedding to start.

The girls were too scared to reply. They just did as he asked and rushed out of the room, leaving us alone.

Mr Park: Don't forget that I have you father's future in my hands. Don't you dare do something stupid to embarrass me or you will regret it.

I looked at him with disgust. There is no one I resented more on earth than that person, at that moment.

Mr Park: Do something with your face. It doesn't look good like that, at all. You have five minutes.

He glared at me before leaving. I had five minutes to make a decision that could change my entire family's life. What should I do?

A woman came to inform me that it was time for me to make my entrance. When I walked out of the room, my father was waiting at the front door. When he saw me, he didn't smile. He looked sad.

Appa: Juhyeon-ah...

I looked at him and my tears threatened to come back out. I could not resolve myself to disappoint or hurt my father. He is the most important person in my life and I hate to see him suffer. I had to keep in mind that I was doing this for him and my sisters.

Irene: Appa... mianhaeyeo. Jeongmal mianhaeyeo.

Appa: Juhyeon... it is not too late. You can stop all of this.

Irene: I have to do it, Appa. I can't bear to see you suffer because of me.

Appa: Juhyeon!

"It's time to go"

The woman from earlier said, interrupting us. I smiled at my dad and took his hand.

Irene: Let's go, Appa. I am sorry but I will be leaning on you because I don't think I will be able to walk up there by myself.

Appa: Juhyeon... you can always lean on me. Aigo, my poor child...mianhada. I wish all of this was just a dream.

I took a deep breath and looked behind me. I couldn't even see Sehun anymore. My heart sank a bit deeper in my chest as I realized that it was really over. I was really going to marry someone I didn't love.

The nuptial ballad started playing and I felt my feet hardening their stamp in the floor. My whole body was paralyzed until I felt my dad put his arm around my waist, before smiling at me.

Appa: You're as pretty as your mother was, when we got married.

I didn't reply because I didn't like the idea of ressembling like her, at all. This was all happening because she left us. If I could cite someone that I resented more than Mr. Park, it would probably be her but I couldn't hurt my dad any more.

My dad and I started walking into the room and people stood up to welcome me. I was feeling so little, surrounded by these strangers. Not a single face was familiar to me until I saw the morose faces of my sisters.

I looked forward and winced when I saw that man smiling down at me knowingly. It was too obvious that he was appreciating his victory.

My dad helped me up the alter and looked at me straight in the eyes once again as if he was trying to give me one last chance to back off. I smiled at him as he kissed my cheek before going back to my sisters. I faced Mr. Park and all I wanted to do was finish this quickly and be able to breathe.

The more I thought about it, the less it made sense to me, honestly. After this, I was never going to be able to breathe again. I would be trapped in a nightmare, with the devil himself.

I looked around once more and no one was smiling. Mr. Park's family wasn't even here. I wondered what kind of parents could miss their child's wedding.

Well, I had no mother here either, so I was in no position to speak. The ceremony started and it seemed like it was going on for a whole life. I just really wanted it to be over.

When it was time to say the I do's, I felt even more uncomfortable.

Irene, what are you doing? What on earth am I thinking about? Do I really think that this will save my family or hurt them even more?

Mr Park: Irene-ssi. It's your turn to say "I do".

I looked up at the man who was standing in front of me and his eyes were threatening me. Was this what I really wanted? To be with someone who would start to control my life?

I looked over at my family to look for the answer, but they looked as puzzled as I was. I turned back to Mr. Park who was now red in anger and I took a deep breath.

Since I came all the way to here, I might have as well get it over with. If it became too hard, I could always divorce. Thinking of divorce the day you get married, very positive thing Irene.

I was about to say yes when I felt a hand grabbing mine and pulling me away from the altar. I looked up and I was extremely shocked to see that it was Jacklin.

I quickly looked around and saw my family gathering their belongings and following us while the entire room erupted into an offended roar. Jacklin did not stop. She dragged me to the exit and out of the wedding hall, and frankly I did not fight to stay.

When we got out, I saw Sehun and the boys waiting by their cars and as soon as they saw us, they jumped in and started the engines as if understanding a signal.

My father and sisters went with Junmyeon while I sat with Sehun, Jacklin and Jinyoung in a car that was not his. We drove off immediately and before we got out of the complex we saw Mr. Park and his bodyguards rushing out of the building.

I still cold not believe what happened. We all rode, in silence, to an unknown place. It was a huge mansion, and we passed by Sehun's favorite restaurant as we drove towards it. I wondered how I didn't see that house back then, when we came to eat.

Once on the other side of the gates, we all got out of the cars and were welcomed by a woman that looked somewhat familiar to me.

Sehun: Eomma, let's go inside.

Sehun said and it immediately clicked. It was Sehun's mother and this was... his house? What was going on again? We all walked inside and Mrs. Oh asked a maid to bring us drinks.

Mrs. Oh: Irene... it's been a while. You look so beautiful.

I nodded my head and smiled at her. I was genuinely happy to see her. It had been a long time.

Appa: Juhyeon!

My dad ran to me and I hugged him tight, allowing myself to cry now. He embraced me stronger and kept repeating "my poor child". After a few minutes, we both let go.

Mrs. Oh: Junhyeok-ah! I'm so glad to see you.

Appa: Sooyeon... it's good to see you. It's really good to see a familiar face after this.

Mrs. Oh: What happened there?

We all looked at each other not knowing from where to start. We started explaining what happened and how we got out of there.

Mrs. Oh: Omo... I guess you must be in shock, still. Sehun, take the boys and go buy some food for everyone.

Sehun stood up and I took the time to look at him. He looked exhausted as if he had taken 20 years, in just one day. I felt bad about that. My father and Mrs. Oh started discussing while the girls and I walked to the kitchen to get some more water.

Yeri: This was the worst day of my life... I can't even begin to imagine what it was for you, Eonnie... I'm so sorry.

Irene: Yeri! Please no more tears or you are going to get sick. Girls, I'm here with you and I'm not married so let's smile and thank God. Okay?

Joy: I was really scared, back there. I really thought you were going to marry him and all of our happy memories would be gone, forever. Chincha, mianhae Eonnie.

Wendy: Girls, it's over. We are all here safe and unmarried. Let's joke about it instead of crying now!

Seulgi: I don't even think I have any more tears left in my body, anyway. Ha-ha! Thank you so much Jacklin Eonnie, for doing something none of us had the courage to do.

Irene: Lin... gomawo... without you, I'd me married and sad right now. Thank you for helping me.

Wendy: What gave you the courage to do it?

Jacklin: I didn't really think, to be honest. When I saw her look at us I realized how lost she really was. She didn't know what she was about to do and why.

Irene: At that moment, all my reasons seemed insufficient. I hoped for a miracle to happen, then you took my hand. Lin, I will never forget this.

Jacklin: You don't have to thank me, Irene. There's so much you've done for me, already. I just thought that if someone had to be the bad guy, it could be me, the foreigner who doesn't know the customs and traditions. Ha-ha!

We all laughed and I hugged all the girls together. I couldn't help but be happy at this very moment, even though what happened was a serious thing. I thought of how lucky I was, to have them all with me.

Mrs. Oh: Girls, let's eat then the boys will drive you back home.

We followed her to their immense dining room. I really don't know what happened in four years for them to become this wealthy. I would have to ask Sehun later.

Sehun.

I looked at him and he was eating, not paying attention to anyone. He really looked worn-out. I kept to myself and silently ate too, because I didn't want to worry more people. After lunch, I thanked Mrs. Oh for the food and for the clothes. I left the wedding dress with her and she said she would return it to prevent me from getting, I quote, some "nasty comments".

Mrs. Oh is great. She did not change a bit. I love her.

When we got home, the girls went directly to bed even though it was 6pm only. We were all emotionally exhausted of this day.

When everyone left, Sehun and I took a walk in the park that was next to my house. It was silent at first, but good silent. He then suddenly stopped me in my tracks and hugged me tightly. I was surprised, but I quickly hugged him back, needing it as much as he did.

Sehun: Thank you... I'm never letting you go anymore.

He whispered into my ear. I smiled and patted his back in a soothing way.

Irene: I'm not planning to let go, neither. I hope you're ready to spend all of your time with me, now.

He let go of me and looked into my eyes to see if I was being serious or just joking. I laughed and pinched his cheeks.

Irene: I am being honest. I want to be with you, Sehun... I'm not quite talking about marriage yet, but I don't want to waste any more time. I want you to be able to take my hand whenever you feel like it, to introduce you as my boyfriend, to be able to hold you everyday.

He looked at me, probably still shocked that I was confessing everything right now. I'm sorry, but I almost got married to a bully so I didn't really feel like waiting to admit my feelings, anymore.

Irene: I love you, Oh Sehun!

Sehun: Aniya! Aniya! I wanted to say it first!

Irene: Ha-ha! Then say it now, pabo!

He took my hand and kissed it gently before looking straight into my eyes again.

Sehun: Kim Juhyeon Irene, I love every single part of you.

At that moment nothing else mattered but us. Even the thought that Mr. Park was probably preparing his revenge didn't disturb us. It was just me and him. Like it has always been.

Sehun and Irene.