Find a Way

Mr. Kim's Daughters

 

+Irene's POV+

 

 

Irene: Mr. Park.

He smiled and started walking towards me. I instinctively took two steps back, which made him stop walking. He smirked at me before talking again.

Mr. Park: I see that you're scared... that's a good thing. It'll be easier this way.

He then started walking again.

Mr. Park: You humiliated me, on that day. You don't even know how many apologies messages I had to send, for the past two weeks, and how many media outlets mocked me. I came here everyday, but you didn't show up to work. I was about to give up after tonight, thinking that you quit the job, but I was lucky enough to see you.

Irene: Mr. Park, what-

Before I could finish my sentence he put both his hands around my neck and held it tight. His eyes... what I saw in them, at this exact moment, was the most frightening thing I've ever seen in my entire life. What was he about to do to me, I asked myself.

Mr. Park: I told you that I would get back at you if you ruined the wedding, but you did not take me seriously... now you're going to pay for it.

Irene: Mr. Park. Please... don't hurt me.

I was on the verge of crying, but at the same time I absolutely didn't want to show him to what extent he scared me.

Mr. Park: Don't worry, Irene... you're too pretty for me to hurt you. I just figured that since I couldn't have you by law, I was just going to take you away.

My eyes grew big in realization of what was happening. He was about to kidnap me. I looked around to see if we were alone, and indeed we were.

Mr. Park: No one is around so don't even try to fight. I really don't want you to see the angry side of me.

Irene: Mr. Park... please, think about my family. Please.

At this point I didn't care about putting on a facade, because there was no way out anymore. I started pleading him in hot tears. He was just pulling me to his car. Just five more steps and it was the end of me.

My poor family, my friends... Sehun. Sehun! Oh how I wished he was here to save me, like he usually does. At this moment I really needed him.

"Yah! Let go of her, you crazy bastard!"

I was completely blank, because I was too scared, but I felt two hands pulling me away from Mr. Park's hold, then I heard someone talking on the phone. I looked up and I was in Wendy's arms, and my other sisters were blocking me from Mr. Park's sight.

Seulgi: You're seriously crazy. I called the police, but even if you get away with it tonight, I swear on my life that you're going to pay for this.

Mr. Park: What can a little girl like you actually do to me? Do you know how much of an influence I have in Seoul?

Seulgi: We'll see if people will back you up after knowing that you threatened and harassed my sister, and that you were just about to kidnap her.

Mr. Park: You'll have no proofs of that. I really like your fiesty personality. Maybe I chose the wrong sister after all...

He started walking towards Seulgi and that's when I got out of my transe and ran in front of my sister. I pushed him with all my strength, which caused him to stumble a little.

Irene: Don't you ever try to touch even one of her hair.

He let out a furious growl and started pulling me once again to his car. My sisters were screaming and pulling me from the other side, but he was too strong. How come no one was in this street, at this time?

"Put your hands up now, Sir!"

He stopped for a second then let go of my arm, before looking around. We were surrounded by three police officers and people were starting to fill the street. Really? Just now?

He started running to his car, but one of them grabbed him just in time and threw him on the floor. My sisters and I took a few steps back, to let them handle him.

Mr. Park: Let go of me! Do you know who I am?

After a few minutes, they successfully put his handcuffs and took him to the police car. Before getting in, he smirked at us, and it sent shivers in my spine. Two of the police men walked back to us.

"Are you okay?"

We quickly nodded our heads to confirm.

"Who was he after?"

Irene: Me... my sisters came just in time when he was trying to... kidnap me.

"I know that all you probably want is to go back home and forget about this, but it's a case of kidnapping so we cannot take it lightly. We need you to come with us,  to the police station, to make a deposition"

Irene: I know. Girls, you can go back home. I'll go to the police station and come back.

Joy: Eonni! You can't go there and come back home alone.

"I'll personally drive her back home, don't worry"

Seulgi: I'll come with you. Wendy, take the girls back home and don't say a word about this to Dad. Arrasseo?

Wendy: Yes. Call us when you're done.

Yeri was holding my hand and looking at me, concern apparent in her eyes.

Irene: It's okay, princess... it's over. I'll be home before you know it.

She nodded her head and slowly let go of my hand before walking away, with Wendy and Joy. Seulgi took the hand that Yeri just let go of, as we followed one of the officers to the second police car.

Once we got to the station, I quickly counted the facts and how it all happened. The officer was taking notes, occasionally looking at me, maybe to see if I was lying or not.

Officer: Alright. That's all for now. We're going to keep him for the night, but I can't guarantee you that we will be able to do anything more, since you don't want to press charges against him.

I looked at him and nodded my head. Even if I pressed charges and we got to court, how was I even going to pay for a lawyer? And with Mr. Park's influence in Seoul, I was sure to lose, if I didn't take the best one. It was unnecessary.

"She is going to press charges against him"

Seulgi and I immediately looked up at the sound of this voice. How can he be here?

Seulgi: Oppa!

Sehun: She's going to press charges, and we will take care of finding a lawyer.

He was talking to the confused officer. Junmyeon walked from behind him and looked at me.

Officer: May I ask who you are?

Junmyeon: Kim Junmyeon, in charge of legal matters at Oh'Events. I am her friend, and this is Oh Sehun, the CEO.

Officer: Oh! Mr. Kim, Mr. Oh, it's an honor to meet you. I've heard a lot of great things about you, in the city.

Sehun: We are going to do every necessary thing to go to court and put that man behind bars. He is extremely unstable and dangerous.

Officer: Ah... like I said, we can only keep him locked for a night, but after that, we will no longer be in charge of the case, but we will do our possible to help you until then.

Junmyeon: We are well aware of that. I've already contacted two different lawyers, so for the time being I'd like to discuss about the kind of charges we will be pressing against Mr. Park.

Officer: Of course. Please come this way.

Junmyeon: Sehun, take them home and come back to pick me up. It's going to take some time.

Sehun nodded his head and helped me up from the chair. Seulgi and I just followed him to the car. We drove in a complete silence, each of us probably trying to organize their thoughts. When we got home, Seulgi got out of the car and waited for me in front of the building.

Irene: Sehun-

Before I could talk, he pulled me into a hug. He hugged me and rested his head on my shoulder.

Sehun: I'm so sorry for not being there to save you, this time. I'm so sorry Irene, for everything you're going through right now.

Irene: Sehun... please don't apologize. Nothing of this is your fault. I'm okay.

Sehun: Irene... I am really sorry. I wish I was able to be with you and protect you everyday.

Irene: You're already of a great help. It's because I have you that I'm able to bear everything.

Sehun: I love you.

I hugged him back and rested my head on his arm to be able to see him. I looked into his sad eyes and kissed him.

Sehun: I should probably go back... don't go out tomorrow. I will let your boss know and will come stay with you. Please do that for me.

I simply nodded my head and kissed him one more time, before getting out of the car. I didn't even plan to go out anyway. I was acting like everything was fine in front of everyone, but I was NOT fine. I was just waiting to be alone to be able to cry.

I was so scared. I was scared because I thought I wouldn't be able to see my family anymore. To see my sisters smile at me, to hear my dad call me "Juhyeon-ah" when he came back home. To hear Sehun say that he loves me.

When we walked in the apartment, my dad was waiting for us in front of the door. He ran to me and tackled me in a hug. I was wondering what was happening, but I looked behind him and saw Wendy mouth a sorry to me.

Appa: Juhyeon, I am so sorry. Appa is so sorry, nae ttal. So so sorry.

He was caressing my head and was saying sorry. I lost it at that moment and dropped my bag on the floor, before hugging my dad back and crying in his arms. My sisters joined us while Jacklin looked at us with sadness in her eyes. We were all being hugged by our dad. It's like we all got back to being kids again. We needed to feel protected by him.

Wendy explained that her and Jacklin were calling Sehun and Junmyeon when my dad heard them talking. He came home earlier than planned because he was feeling sick, but they didn't know.

Appa: You should take a shower and eat something. Seunghwan-ah, cook something for your sisters please.

 

 

+Sehun's POV+

 

 

Sehun: How did it go?

Junmyeon: I pressed charges for severe harassment, repetitive threatening and attempt to kidnap. I contacted two of my father's lawyers for the case, but that man is really influential in Seoul. We will need more proofs than just words.

Sehun: Proofs like what?

Junmyeon: For example a video or an audio proof that he was indeed trying to kidnap her, or some text messages that he sent her at some point. We need to find all of this really quick, before he comes up with a solution.

Sehun: I see. Thank you for coming today.

Junmyeon: Are you okay?

Sehun: I'm boiling inside. All I want to do is go back there and beat the hell out of him.

Junmyeon: I know what you feel. When I saw him earlier I almost threw a chair at his face. How can a human being be such a bastard.

Sehun: I know she says that she is fine, but you know her like I do. She is definitely not fine.

Junmyeon: I know... Have you talked about moving in together, yet?

Sehun: No. I didn't get the chance to yet, because she went through a lot in the past four weeks. I'm also still looking for an apartment.

Junmyeon: Are you going to propose soon?

Sehun: I don't know. It seems like the timing is never right.-- What about you? When are you going to introduce Lin to your family? She cannot wait like this eternally, you know.

Junmyeon: I know. I'm looking for the apartment for now, and then I'm going to introduce her to my parents.

Sehun: What, you're making sure to have a place to stay to, when they'll kick you out? Ha-ha.

Junmyeon: Ha-ha. That wasn't funny at all. I'm really scared of their reaction.

Sehun: I'm sorry. My jokes are as good as my mood today.

We looked at each other and laughed a little. When did life start to be so complicated? I really don't recall having that many problems, back at the time. I stayed at Junmyeon's that night, because I didn't want my parents to question me about where I was.

All I wanted to do was to hold Irene, that night. I swear on my life that I will send that douche to jail, no matter what.