It Makes A Difference

Mr. Kim's Daughters

 

First of all I'd like to dedicate this chapter to my favorite reader who came to be my friend along the way. BurningB01c3, Thank you for always commenting and showing love and interest to my story. You really motivate me to keep writting. When I say that you're the best, I really mean it EVERY TIME! I hope this little note will make you as happy as you make me whenever I read your comments. <333

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

+Irene's POV+

 

 

We landed in Toronto after almost thirteen hours of flight. It was so mind blowing to me that I was lucky enough to experience this. I even got to be in Paris for an hour, which is awesome, if you ask me.

I just wished that my sisters and my dad were also with me. I know how much they dream of exploring the world.

The airport was full of people from all around the world. It was such a refreshing sight to see. All those people coming from different places around the globe, gathered together in one place. Am I really being emotional over an airport? Ha-ha.

We collected our luggage and got out of the building. It was so cold outside. I immediately felt like going back inside, because it took me by surprise. At least this was a similar thing to Korea.

"Jacky!"

Jacklin automatically turned in the direction of the voice.

"Tobby!"

She screamed, before running towards a young boy. She hugged him tight and showered him with kisses, then a man came out of the car with another boy that looked older than "Tobby". It was her family.

I quietly followed behind, letting her greet them. She must have missed them dearly.

Then she turned around and motioned for me to come closer.

Jacklin: Irene, this is my dad Gary Pierce, and two of my younger brothers, Tobias and Stanley. Guys, this is Irene, one of my best friends from Korea.

Mr. Pierce: Nice to finally meet you, Irene. Welcome to Canada!

Irene: Oh! Thank you!

They helped us with putting our luggage in the trunk, and Jacklin sat at the front while I sat at the back with her brothers. Jacklin's father is a handsome man, and I as soon as I saw him I could tell where she got her warm smile from.

I could not believe that her father was older than my dad. He looked so much younger. I was impressed.

Tobby and Stanley were also absolutely beautiful. Stanley was the older one, and you could tell from the way he looked that he was the free- spirited member of the family. He had so much style.

Tobby was the cutest little boy I had ever seen. He looked so adorable in his striped shirt, with his curly hair and his sweet smile.

It was hard to believe that Jacklin never showed us any pictures of her family, seeing how tight she is with them.

Tobias: Do you speak English, Irene?

Irene: bit.

Jacklin: Irene is modest! Junmyeon told me that she was one of the best in English, back in high school!

Irene: Ah? Ani! He exaggerated.

Jacklin: I'm sure he didn't!

Mr. Pierce: How is Junmyeon, by the way?

Jacklin: He is good! He is really busy with work!

Mr. Pierce: That's always good.

Stanley: When will Jun and Sehun come back, Jacky?

Jacklin: Maybe this summer, if they get some time off. Irene is Sehun's girlfriend, by the way!

Mr. Pierce: Oh really? He found a beautiful girlfriend! Ha-ha!

Irene: Thank you.

After a few minutes on the road, we drove through an alley for a while and ended up in front of a huge gate. Mr. Pierce composed a code at the entry and it opened, letting us in. The house that I saw in front of me was unbelievable. It wasn't as huge as Sehun's house, and as high as Junmyeon's, but it was somehow more impressive.

Jacklin turned to me and smiled.

Jacklin: Welcome to my home!

As soon as the car stopped, three people came out of the house and rushed towards us. A woman and two men.

Jacklin: Mommy!

Jacklin ran to hug her mother. After a few seconds, they let go of each other, and both started laughing like two sisters that had just shared an inside joke. They seemed very close.

Jacklin: Mom, this is Irene! Irene, this is my mother, Careen!

Mrs. Pierce: Nice to finally meet you, Irene! I've heard a lot about you and your family. Welcome to Toronto!

Irene: Thank you! It's nice to meet you too!

Jacklin's mother was absolutely beautiful.

Jacklin got her beautiful blue eyes from her. I had never seen a family with so many good looking people. The two boys who came with her mother were now hugging Jacklin, and I wondered who they were.

Jacklin: These are my two other brothers. As you can see, my mother and I are the only girls of the family! Ha-ha! This is Marvin, my older brother, and Jamal, my first younger brother.

I was surprised to see that she also had four siblings, just like me. When I think about it, we've only talked about her parents and Junmyeon's family, for the past months. I felt like I was really getting to know the real her now.

Her brother Marvin was tall and handsome. He had beautiful dark brown eyes, and I couldn't help staring, for a while. He also had that same warm smile Jacklin always has. They all must have gotten that from their father.

Marvin: It's nice to finally put a face on the name Irene.

Jamal: I hope our sister wasn't too much of a pain, back in Korea. She can be quite annoying sometimes! Ha-ha!

I looked at Jamal and realized that he had an even sweeter smile than Marvin. He also looked like he came straight out of a magazine.

After his comment, Jacklin playfully shoved him on the head. I laughed and shook my head at their cute siblings bickering.

Mr. Pierce: Boys, take their luggage inside. Come on, let's go!

The interior of the house was even prettier than the outside. It smelled like family. I don't how to explain it, but it was the same warmth as the one I feel at home. It felt good.

They showed me around the house before letting us settle down in Jacklin's room.

Irene: Wow! I didn't know you grew up in such a big home. And we made you sleep with us on our floor mat! You should have told us!

Jacklin: Ha-ha! Stop saying that! I don't have to be treated differently, just because I grew up in a bigger house. I've been raised in a house full of love and consideration just like yours, so that makes us closer than most of the kids I grew up with.

Irene: Keurhaedoo... Anyways, your family is very nice! And everyone looks so beautiful! I see where you got your good looks from!-- I've honestly never seen a family where everyone is so good looking, up until now! Ha-ha.

Jacklin: Ha-ha! My dad and brothers would be glad to hear that! I always tease them, saying that my mother and I are the only good looking ones in the family. -- And excuse me? Have you seen your family, or even looked in a mirror recently? If we talk about looks, girl you and your family have got nothing to worry about!

Irene: Ha-Ha! Your dad looks so young, though! I remember you telling me that he was older than my dad, but it's really hard to believe.

Jacklin: Hey, I guess "Black don't crack ", or something like that? Ha-ha!

Irene: It's nice to see you laugh like this. It's new.

Jacklin: I guess I've missed them more than I thought I did.

We had dinner with her family and everyone was sharing jokes and anecdotes about Jacklin or Junmyeon. I could tell that they all loved him, and it melted my heart. He truly found a good second family.

They also told me a few stories about Sehun, and I found myself smiling without knowing. Sometimes when I thought about the four years they spent here, I feel sad thinking that they must have missed their families, all the time, but I realize that it must not have been that hard after all. They had found such great people here too.

Marvin: I have to go now. I have some business duties to fulfill.

Jacklin: Yeah right, just say that you're going to a party! I know you, Vin!

Marvin: You know that I never have fun while working. Plusit's Tristan who's using my club tonight, for his birthday bash.

Jacklin: Tristan Nichols? Wow, I haven't talked to him since I left.

Mrs. Pierce: Jacky, what about showing Irene how we funk, here in Toronto?

Jamal: Mom, please just say party! Ha-ha!

Jacklin: Hey, you know what, why not? Eottae? Do you want to go out tonight, or you're too tired?

Irene: I'm not really tired, to be honest. I'm feeling energized by your family! Ha-ha!

Jacklin: Alright then! Let's funk tonight! Ha-ha! Vin, give us some time please, you're going to be our ride to the club!

Marvin: Jacky, I have to go now and I know you'll take forever to get ready!

Jamal: Don't worry, I'll drive them.

Mrs. Pierce: Who said you were going? You're not going to any club until you're 21, mister! I don't want you going around and drinking. I ain't about that fake ID life, kid.

Jamal: Mom! Please! I'll be 21 in six months!

Stanley: Then hold it in for six months, brother!

We all laughed at Stanley's comment. It made me think of my family and how Yeri likes to tease Joy, all the time. They were all so similar.

Mr. Pierce: Go ahead Marvin, I'll drive them.

Marvin: Thanks dad. I'll leave your names at the VIP entrance, so you won't have to wait in the cold. See you there.

While we were getting ready, I asked so many questions to Jacklin, about her family. I was really curious about all of them.

Irene: How come your brother already has a successful business at... how old is he, by the way?

Jacklin: Marvin is 25. We only have one year apart. Well, he stopped school in his second year of college and decided to start his own business. He was quite known in the city for the great parties he used to throw while in high school and college, so it started off by little selective parties here and there, then Sehun helped him expand it to a nightclub. It's been working for two years now.

Irene: Your brother worked with Sehun?

Jacklin: They still do. Since they're both in the entertainment business, they still work on different projects together.

Irene: Wow, I didn't even know Sehun had such strong ties with your family. They all seem to like him a lot.

Jacklin: When they first met Sehun they all thought I was dating him, since he was less reserved than Jun. Because he didn't have the stress over wanting to impress my parents, he was really natural and at ease with them. He often came on the weekends to help my little brothers with their homework.

Irene: Ah...

Jacklin: Omo! I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have said that.

Irene: No, it's okay! Ha-ha. I was just listening.

Jacklin: Now, enough talking! Let's get ready before my dad goes to sleep. He is harder to wake up than a sloth! Ha-ha!

I laughed and started rummaging through my stuff. I didn't even bring anything to wear for a party, so I was a bit lost. I am usually not that much of the party type, and Jacklin must have noticed, because she showed me to her closet and told me to choose anything from there. I really felt like I was meeting a new Jacklin.

She seemed to be so happy to show me her universe. I liked that.

After we finished getting ready, her father drove us to the party. We easily got in, thanks to her brother putting our names on the list. The Music was blasting loud inside.

It's not that I've never been to a club in Seoul before, but it always surprises me how it doesn't bother anyone to have their ears blown up like that, whenever I go.

Jacklin: Come on, let's get something to drink.

Irene: I don't feel like drinking tonight. I'll just have some juice.

Jacklin: Alright! Hey, Jack!

She greeted the bartender as soon as we got to the bar.

Jackson: Jacky Pierce? Wow! What are you doing here?

Jacklin: Just got here a few hours ago. I'm only here for a week though! This is my friend, Irene!

Jackson: Well, hello. What a beautiful friend you have there. Nice to meet you, Irene. I'm Jackson!

Jacklin: Beautiful and taken! She's Sehun's girlfriend!

Jackson: Oh, my GodI'm sorry! I didn't know you were my boy's girl! Gold fingers is one lucky guy!

Irene: Gold fingers?

Jacklin: That's how they call Sehun around here. He helped a lot of our friends start their businesses and it always resulted in successes. Your boyfriend is pretty popular around here, if I may say! Ha-ha!

I smiled at the thought of so many people respecting Sehun. He surely left a strong impression. I was for some reason, suddenly very proud of him.

Jacklin: Jack, I'll have two shots of Vodka for me, and apple juice for Irene.

Jackson: Coming right up!

Irene: Who's birthday is this?

Jacklin: Tristan Nichols. One of my oldest friends. I've known him for as long as I can remember.

Irene: Aren't you going to greet him for his birthday?

Jacklin: He's not here yet. Knowing Tristan, he probably prepared a spectacular entrance. If he was already here, we would have known by now, trust me.

I nodded my head and took a sip of my juice. I looked around and people were dancing like maniacs on the dance floor, not minding what anybody thought of them. Sometimes I wish I was this carefree.

After a few minutes, we heard a big 'boom' and the music stopped. All the lights turned to the door. A James Bond movie theme song started playing and the doors opened with a huge bang. Everybody's attention was drawn towards it, when suddenly a man walked in, his pace following the rhythm of the song.

Everyone screamed and cheered for him as if he was a celebrity. I looked at Jacklin, confused, and she smiled knowingly.

Jacklin: Tristan Nichols.

She simply said, and I understood. That Tristan guy was walking through the crowd of people while greeting everyone like they were his fans. They sure acted like it.

He looked into our direction and stopped for a while, before his eyes widened.

Tristan: Jacky Pierce? Oh my God, what are you doing here?

Everyone went back to what they were doing while he made his way over to us. Jacklin laughed and ran to hug her friend.

Jacklin: I see that some things never change!

She said, pointing at the entrance and the people screaming his name.

Tristan: Certainly not! It would be so boring around here without all of this! Ha-ha! How are you?

Jacklin: I'm good! Tristan, this is my friend Irene. She came with me. Irene, this is Tristan, the one celebrating his birthday.

Irene: It's really nice to meet you. Happy birthday.

Tristan: WowShe's is absolutely gorgeous. How come you never talked about her and hid such a beauty away from me?

Jacklin: Well first, because you're an uncontrollable womanizer, and second, she is Sehun's girlfriend. Is that enough of a reason?

Tristan: Wow! My apologies. Sehun surely knows how to choose girls. She is even prettier than Mary!

Jacklin: Tristan!

Tristan: Oh... my bad. But if you wanted to avoid the two meeting, then maybe you shouldn't stay. She must be somewhere in here, so you will definitely bump into her. Maybe you should give heads up to Irene, before it happens. You know Mary!

Jacklin: Thank you for your awesome and unnecessary comments, Tristan. Now I think you should go. Your guests are waiting.

Tristan: You know you're grateful because I told you! Ha-ha. Anyways, I'll see you around then, Jacky. Irene.

He smiled before leaving. I looked back at Jacklin and smiled, trying to reassure her. She opened to speak, but before she could say anything, three boys tackled her in a hug from all sides. I jumped a little, surprised by the sudden situation.

"I didn't want to believe it, but little Jacky P. is really back in town!"

"You didn't even tell us that you were coming home!"

Jacklin: Ha-ha, I didn't know until last week, and I had a lot to do! It was all Jun's doing!

"Hey, how is he doing? Last time I had him on FaceTime he was at work and looking like a mafia boss, in his suit and tie! Ha-ha!"

Jacklin: You should also look for a real job, Evan!

Alright, I finally managed to get one name. The tall one with dark blond hair was Evan. Two more to go.

Jacklin: Oh God, I'm so sorry! Irene, let me introduce you to my three best friends. Evan, Jonathan, and Lucas.

Lucas: Hi, Irene! I've heard a lot of great things about you from Sehun and Jacky. It's nice to meet you!

Irene: It's nice to meet you too.

Jonathan: Hi, I'm Jonathan! I'm glad to meet Sehun's girlfriend! How is he doing, by the way?

Irene: He is doing fine, thank you.

Jacklin: John is my cousin.

The three of them looked so friendly.

After all the introductions were done, I talked with the boys and got to know them a little more. I felt a lot more at ease with these three boys than with that Tristan guy. I felt like they were a lot more like me than him. He seemed to be coming from a wealthy family and to be the type that likes to show off their money.

I don't really like that type of people, but since he is Jacklin's friend, I guess he might also have a decent side to him.

Lucas is a lot like Sehun. He is very sociable, but without trying too hard. People came themselves to greet him, and if I didn't already meet Tristan, I would have sworn that it was his birthday instead. From what I understood, he is the closest to him.

Jacky: I'm going to greet my friends, do you want to come?

Irene: Ah, don't worry, go ahead. I'll just sit here for a while.

Jacky: Alright! Boys, I'm leaving Irene with you! Don't loose her!

Jonathan: I'm coming with you, I've got to see Marvin.

The two left and I was with Evan and Lucas. Evan joked with us for a minute, before leaving us to go on the dance floor.

Irene: You can go dance too, if you want to!

Lucas: Don't worry, I am fine. I'm not the party animal type. Ha-ha.

Irene: I see. I'm happy to meet one of Sehun's friends. I don't really know that much about his life here.

Lucas: Typical Sehun. We were friends for two years already when he told me about his family for the first time. He is a secretive little boy.

He smiled at me.

Irene: I'm sorry to ask you this, but I'm really curious. How was he, here?

Lucas: Sehun... was very popular around the campus. He was nice to everyone, and always respectful. I haven't met one person who dislikes him. As a friend, he was the best. John, Evan and I have been friends with some people all of our lives, but Sehun has helped us more in four years than any of them ever has. He is really like a brother to me.

Irene: I've known him all my life, and he used to be very shy and depended a lot on Junmyeon and I, but I guess he grew up when he got here. I feel proud of him, for some reason.

Lucas: Ha-ha! You should. He is a real model of perseverance. When he got here he weighted almost a hundred kilos, but have you seen him today? That man has a mental of steel!

We were going on with our conversation when a girl walked by and interrupted us.

Lucas: Oh, hey Mary!

Mary: Hi, Luke! Hello! I'm Mary.

She smiled and offered me her hand. I quickly shook it, as a sign of respect.

Irene: Nice to meet you. I'm Irene.

Mary: know. I heard Tristan telling people that Sehun's girlfriend was very beautiful, so I had to see for myself. He wasn't lying.

Irene: Oh... thank you.

Mary: Did he tell you about me?.. Sehun.

Irene: Hm... no, I am sorry.

Mary: Really? That's weird. We were pretty close, at some point.

Lucas: He didn't talk about anyone, so no need to take it personal.

Mary: Who cares if he did not talk about you, Lucas. We almost dated, so I would have expected him to tell her, at least. I mean she is his girlfriend after all.

Lucas: Okay, that's enough. Goodbye, Mary.

Mary: I'm not done!

Jacklin: Yes, you are. Leave before it gets ugly. Don't say you don't know me, Mary.

Mary: So all of the clique is protecting her? What a joke. I don't even want to stay any longer.

She left after throwing the meanest look I had ever seen. Obviously, she did not like me too much.

Jacklin: Kwenchana?

Irene: Yes, don't worry.

Jacklin: Boys, Irene and I will be going home now. I don't feel too good.

Jonathan: I'll drive you girls back. This party isn't even that fun.

Lucas: I'm going to grab Evan, and we will meet you at the car.

This is how the boys ended up driving us back home early. The two following days were pretty calm. We only hung out with her family and the boys, and went to the movies and so forth.

They showed me around the city on the third day, but Jacklin could not come. She was still feeling a little bit sick, and the cold weather wasn't helping.

Two days before we had to leave, she had a really hot fever, and we had to take her to the hospital. It was only me and her mother, since her siblings had to go to school early and her dad to work, in the morning.

She went through a series of exams, and we waited for the results. Thirty minutes or so later the Doctor came back with them.

Doctor: Hello, Miss Pierce. How are you feeling?

Jacklin: Much better than I did, two hours ago. Did you get the results?

Doctor: Yes, I have them here with me. Is it okay for me to speak in front of everyone in the room?

Jacklin: Yes, sure. They're family.

Doctor: Alright. Well after the few tests we've ran, it seems like you're not sick at all.

Mrs. Pierce: Thank God! I was preparing for the worst, after that solemn entrance! Ha-ha.

Doctor: But... that's not it. Congratulations, Miss Pierce, you are four weeks pregnant.

Mrs. Pierce, Jaclkin, Irene: WHAT?!