Lucky One

Mr. Kim's Daughters

#IMEXOTRASH Haha! Enjoy the chapter! xD


 

 

+Seulgi's POV+

 

 

I ran around the apartment, trying to find my shoes in the dark. I didn't want to turn all the lights on and risk waking Irene Eonnie up. The situation was already serious enough as it was.

After hanging up with Wendy I contacted Jaebum to ask him if he could help me out. I couldn't drive and I didn't want Irene Eonnie to ask me where I was heading to at three in the morning.

I asked him to come pick me up and drive me to the police station, to what he immediately agreed without asking me any question.

My phone vibrated as I wore my shoes, signaling that I had a text message.

"I am in front of your residence" the message read.

I ran out the door after picking my bag and jumped in his car as soon as I saw him. He drove off right away.

Jaebum: Are you okay?

Seulgi: Yes, don't worry. I just hope she is not there for something too bad.

Jaebum: Don't worry. It's Wendy we're talking about. She is an intelligent young woman.

Seulgi: I hope so.

Silence filled the car for a while before I broke it.

Seulgi: Thank you for coming to help me this late at night. I didn't have anyone else to call, so I am glad you picked up the phone.

Jaebum: It's no big deal. I'm glad you asked me.

I slightly smiled at him before turning back to look at the road. My mind wandered for a while, so I didn't immediately realize that we had arrived at the police station.

As soon as he parked the car I rushed out and fast walked towards the building. I saw a police officer and asked him where I could find Mr. Yoon.

He was the officer who let Wendy call me with his phone earlier.

After following his instructions I found a man with reading glasses, sitting in front of a desk. He was on the phone so when I got closer to him, I waited for him to finish his conversation before addressing the subject.

Seulgi: Hello. I am Kim Seulgi. You let my sister call me an hour ago, with your phone. Her name is Kim Wendy.

Yoon Officer: Kim Seunghwan?

He asked after looking at me from head to toe. Really now?

Seulgi: Yes. Wendy.

Yoon Officer: We locked her up an hour ago.

Seulgi: Why was she arrested in the first place?

Yoon Officer: She was at a park with her friends and we found some drugs on them.

Seulgi: What?! I'm sorry Officer, but you must be mistaking. My sister doesn't take drugs.

Yoon Officer: She didn't, tonight at least. Thankfully, we came on time.

I couldn't believe the way he was talking to me, like he was judging me.

Yoon Officer: After running some routine tests we could tell that she hadn't touched any, but it doesn't change the fact she was with them. She let her friends use illegal substances without calling the police. Or maybe she had intended to use some, later.

Seulgi: Officer, with all due respect, please do not assume something if you have no proofs of it. I didn't come to listen to someone sit and judge my sister for something she hasn't done.

Yoon Officer: What?!

Jaebum: Seulgi.

I had not realized that he had been standing next to me this whole time. I guess he didn't want to interfere at first.

Jaebum: Hello, I am Im Jaebum. I am the one who is going to pay to bail Kim Wendy out, but first could you bring her here, please?

Yoon Officer: She is at the back. After you pay, we will bail her out.

I was standing at the side, trying to calm down. I didn't know if I was more upset about the fact that this stranger felt like he had to be rude to prove a point, or by the fact that Wendy had lied to us.

What was she doing at a park so late at night, hanging with her friends? More so, who were those friends we did not know about? And they take drugs? It was too much for me.

While I had a small mental breakdown, Jaebum managed to pay her bail.

Yoon Officer: I will be back with her in a few. You can wait here.

He said before leaving. Jaebum turned to me and grabbed my hands before squeezing them a little, in an attempt to reassure me.

Jaebum: It's going to be okay, but I just want you to go wait for us in the car. You'll have time to process the whole thing while I take care of everything here. I don't want her to see you so upset, and I'm sure she already feels horrible.

I looked into his deep brown eyes and felt reassured somehow. They brought me comfort.

I nodded my head before heading back outside, and to his car. I had my phone in my hands this whole time, battling with myself not to call Irene Eonnie.

When I heard about the drug factor, I immediately felt like calling her. I felt like I couldn't handle this type of situation; moreover that it wasn't even my place to handle.

Wendy... Why? Why did she lie to us?

She had specifically told us that she was meeting a friend for a group work, so why was she at a park at three in morning? Why was she even still out so late?

And there we were, innocently thinking that she had a date with Jinyoung.

Thinking about it, Jinyoung looked like he knew something but didn't want to tell us. I knew it was late but I needed to talk to him before Wendy came back, so I dialed his number. He picked up after four rings.

Seulgi: Jinyoung? It's Seulgi. I'm so sorry for waking you up.

Jinyoung: Ah... Ani, Noona. What's the matter?

Seulgi: Jinyoung... Is there something about Wendy that you want to tell me? I know that you know something is wrong, but you want to cover it up for her.

Jinyoung: Ah... Ani, Noona. There's nothing like that.

Seulgi: Jinyoung... We're at the police station right now. She got arrested with her friends.

Jinyoung: What?! Why?! What did they make her do this time?

Seulgi: I'll let her explain everything. It's not really my place to tell anyone.

Jinyoung: Noona, is she okay?

Seulgi: Don't worry, we just bailed her out but I feel like you know something. Look Jinyoung, I want to understand her, in order to be able to help. Who are those friends?

Jinyoung: Noona... All I know is that she started hanging out with them starting about a month now. I think she likes one of the guys in the group, and she had been talking about loosening a bit, for a while. I thought it would have passed with time but the more she spent time with them, the more she changed with us, her real friends.

Seulgi: Why didn't you try to stop her?

Jinyoung: Believe me, Noona, I did. I did all I could but she wouldn't listen to me. Noona, please don't be too harsh on her, please. She was just having a hard time and she felt like she needed something new.

Seulgi: You're a good kid, Jinyoung. Thank you.

I turned to look at the police station when I saw them walking out the door.

Seulgi: She is coming. I'll talk to you soon, Jinyoung. And please, don't give up on her. I know she probably hurt your feelings, but she needs friends like you.

Jinyoung: I know, Noona. Don't worry. I'll talk to you soon. Bye

Seulgi: Bye.

Wendy didn't look good. When I saw her figure getting closer, I felt like the worst sister ever. There I was, worried about why she hung with those people, not thinking about the hard time she must have spent in jail tonight.

I got out of the car and ran to hug her. When she started crying, she felt so tiny in my arms.

Wendy: Eonnie, mianhae. Jeongmal mianhae!

Seulgi: Shh... Kwenchana. Let's go.

I helped her to the car and sat on the backseat with her. We drove home in silence, while she tried to recollect herself.

Jaebum helped us upstairs to our apartment. He sat on the sofa and waited for me to finish helping Wendy get to bed.

When I came back, I found him half asleep. He must have been so tired because of work, and I woke him up in the middle of the night.

Seulgi: Jaebum... Jaebum.

Jaebum: Mm?

He opened his eyes and got startled when he saw me.

Jaebum: Sorry, I fell asleep.

Seulgi: It's okay. You must be tired.

Jaebum: A bit. I'm going to go home now.

Seulgi: No, I don't want you to drive in this state. You're way too tired to drive, and I don't want you to walk home alone at four in the morning either.

He looked at me intensely, and I realized that my words of concern for his safety may have come across as more than what a worried 'friend' would say.

Seulgi: I mean, it's not safe. You may hurt yourself... or someone. Anyway, you can go home later.

Jaebum: Won't your sisters question why I slept on your sofa, tomorrow?

Seulgi: We'll come up with an excuse when we have to. Don't worry.

Jaebum: Okay.

Seulgi: Do you want me to bring you a blanket or something? It's pretty chilly here at night.

Jaebum: Oh, yes please.

Seulgi: I'll be back. Make yourself comfortable.

I brought him a pillow and a blanket, then went to the kitchen to make him some herbal tea. I knew he had troubles sleeping at night sometimes, so I wanted him to have it, just in case.

After I finished making him some, I walked back to the living room and found him sleeping already. I brought the blanket up to cover his entire body.

Seulgi: Goodnight.

I whispered after putting the tea on the table. I turned all the lights off, then went to bed.

 

 

+Joy's POV+

 

 

I woke up in a great mood the morning after my big reveal. My family knew everything about my auditions process, and they were all thankfully very supportive of it. I couldn't have wished for more.

The most important and hardest thing that was left for me to do, was tell my father about it. I still had two days ahead of me to think of a way to break the news to him.

I walked out of the bathroom after taking a hot shower and putting my clothes on, then joined my family in the living room.

Joy: Oh! Annyeong, Oppa! What are you doing here so early in the morning?

Jaebum: Annyeong, Joy-ah. Erm...

Irene: He came to say hi since it's been a little while.

Joy: Really?

Yeri: Strange, right? I'm 100 percent sure that they are hiding something from us, because it doesn't make sense.

Seulgi: Yeri, please.

Yeri: Okay, I'll stop!

I laughed at my younger sister before sitting down next to her on the sofa.

Joy: Where is Wendy Eonnie?

Irene: Still sleeping. What are you going to do today, Joy?

Joy: I'm meeting Sungjae at vocal practice.

Seulgi: Sungjae? Vocal practice?

Joy: Yes. He has been taking the same class as the one you paid for me.

Yeri: Oppa knows how to sing?

Seulgi: Yes, and he is pretty good at it. He is the best vocalist in our class.

Irene: I am shocked, actually. Who could have guessed it.

Seulgi: Is he going to audition for an agency too?

Joy: I don't think so. Sungjae doesn't think he suits the idol type of life, whatever that means. He is more into relaxing and stuff I guess.

Yeri: Eonnie, when are you going to introduce Nayeon Eonnie to us?

Joy: 'Nayeon Eonnie'?!

Irene: Yeah, she's right! When are we going to meet your new friend?

Joy: Like you said, she is a new friend so I'd rather get to know her a little more before introducing her to you guys. I'll probably introduce her to Sungjae first, just so he could tell me if she is family friendly enough.

Seulgi: What are you saying? Since when did we ask for you to have family friendly friends? Whatever that means.

Irene: Just bring her over tonight! We'll have dinner with her.

Yeri: Or we could go to her place instead. Everything is fine by me!

Seulgi: Yeri!

Yeri: Okay, I stop for real now.

Irene: Anyway, what do you think?

Joy: Are you sure?

Irene: Yes!

Joy: Well... I'll ask her when I see her.

I spent the first part of the day with my family before leaving for my vocal lesson. I got to the conservatory just in time for my class, but Sungjae was already there, keeping a seat for me.

Sungjae: You almost missed the beginning of the class.

Joy: I know.

Sungjae: What happened?

Joy: I was with my sisters, so I didn't see time fly.

Sungjae: I see.

Our conversation was cut short because our teacher walked in, and we had to start the class. I took my vocal lessons very seriously, so I liked the fact that it was a passion I could share with Sungjae. It helped me relieve my stress a bit, to have been able to talk about my dreams and aspirations to someone this whole time my family didn't know about it.

It made us get a lot closer to one another.

Sungjae: Did you get any response yet?

He asked me when the class finished.

Joy: Yes. A negative one, from Cube entertainment.

Sungjae: They don't know what they're missing out on.

Joy: Funny, that's what my sisters said.

Sungjae: Your sisters?! What do you mean? They know?!

Joy: Yes, they know! Seulgi Eonnie collected the mail and found the letter.

Sungjae: How did they take it?

Joy: Long story short, they support me wholeheartedly. They told me that they are proud of me.

Sungjae: That turned out well... I'm happy for you.

Joy: Thank you.

Sungjae: Come on, I'll treat you to some ice-cream to celebrate it.

Joy: Ice-cream? I'm going to put on some weight if we keep celebrating things like that!

Sungjae: What better way to celebrate a happy news than with food or sweets?

He said before happily running out the door. I sighed at his comment before following him.

We had some ice-cream, then went to a Karaoke room to have some fun. What I also really liked about having Sungjae as my closest friend was the fact that we really shared the same interests and hobbies, so it was never boring to hang out together.

Joy: I should call Nayeon and ask her to join us!

Sungjae: Who is Nayeon?

Joy: A friend I met at an audition. She is a very lively and outspoken person. Even more than me!

Sungjae: Does that kind of person even exist?

Joy: Yah! Everyone should be like us!

Sungjae: Arrasseo! Invite your friend then.

I took my phone out and texted her to join us at the Karaoke, to what she agreed almost immediately. Did she ever said no to anything?

Sungjae and I sang a few songs while waiting for her to arrive. After about thirty minutes or so, someone knocked at our door and walked in. It was Nayeon.

Nayeon: Hello!

She said, excitedly. Sungjae jumped up and bowed at her as soon as he saw her.

Sungjae: Hi.

He simply said.

I could not understand what he was being so shy about.

Joy: Nayeon, this is Sungjae. Sungjae, this is my new friend Nayeon.

Nayeon: Oh! Is he your boyfriend!? He is handsome!

Joy: Ah! No, he is not my boyfriend at all! He is... just a friend.

I quickly refuted, blushing like crazy. I looked over at Sungjae to see what he was doing, and he looked somehow awkward.

Nayeon: Ah, too bad! You guys look good together! Anyway, let's sing!

Nayeon took one of the mics and asked Sungjae to select any song he wanted. When he did, she did a whole choreography and performance to it. I was dumbfounded.

Where did this girl took all of her energy from? I mean, I am usually hyper and all but this was beyond human endurance.

Nayeon: Your voice is awesome! How come you're not a famous singer still?

She said after she heard Sungjae sing one of the songs she had chosen for him.

Sungjae: I don't really want to be a famous singer. I just like to sing from time to time.

Nayeon: Woah, Chincha! It's always those with the greatest talents that do things just for fun.

Sungjae laughed at her comment before choosing another song.

The whole Karaoke day was nice but I felt a bit left out at some moments. Sungjae seemed to be getting along pretty well with Nayeon... maybe a little too well.

I had expected them to get along, but not to look like the best of friends on the first day.

Sungjae: I had a great day! We should do that more often!

Sungjae told us when we got out of the building.

Nayeon: Call me anytime! Now, we're all friends!

She threw her arm around my neck while I tried to smile as genuinely as possible.

Sungjae: Are you ready to go, Joy?

Nayeon: Are you two going somewhere?

Sungjae: I'm just going to take Joy home, just so she doesn't do the whole walk back alone.

Nayeon: Ah! She won't be alone! We live in the same neighborhood!

Sungjae: Really? Wow, that's a crazy coincidence!

Nayeon: I know right? Anyway, you don't have to walk her back today. I'll be in charge of it!

Sungjae: Alright.

He smiled at her before speaking again.

Sungjae: Well, it was nice meeting you. See you around! Joy, I'll see you tomorrow!

Joy: Eo.

Sungjae: Text me when you're home.

Joy: Okay.

Nayeon: He definitely likes you!

She told me as soon as Sungjae disappeared.

Joy: What?! No way!

Nayeon: It's pretty obvious! Anyway, let's get going!

Joy: Mm... let's go.

 

 

+Wendy's POV+

 

 

I woke up late because I was too exhausted from the previous day's events. I still felt a bit tired but at least my mind was clear enough, and I knew I needed that rest to be able to have a decent conversation with my sisters.

I apprehended the moment so much. I was definitely not ready to explain all the things that had happened to me.

When I walked in the living room, Irene Eonnie was the only person I found. She was watching TV.

Wendy: Hi.

Irene: Oh, hi little groundhog. How did you sleep?

Wendy: Good. Where is everyone?

Irene: Joy went to her vocal class and Jaebum took Seulgi and Yeri shopping. Can you believe that he slept here yesterday?

Wendy: Ah...

Irene: When did you get home, by the way?

Did she really not know anything at all? I was touched to see that Seulgi Eonnie had decided not to tell anyone about what happened. It was my task to do anyway.

Wendy: I didn't check the time.

Irene: Ah. Do you want to eat something?

Wendy: Ah, yes please.

I had a good down time with Irene Eonnie for a while, then someone came over, breaking our sisterly moment. It was Jinyoung.

Irene: Jinyoung-ah! How are you?

Jinyoung: I'm good, Noona. How are you?

Irene: I'm good too. I'll let the two of you talk. I'm going to take a shower.

Wendy: What are you doing here?

I asked him coldly after my sister had left. He sighed before answering.

Jinyoung: Why do you need to ask it like that? I haven't done anything wrong to you, Wendy. I'm just concerned.

Wendy: I don't need your concern, Jinyoung. There isn't even anything to be concerned about.

Jinyoung: Yes, there is! You've changed!

Wendy: No, I haven't!

Jinyoung: Yes, you have! Why do you keep denying it? You were never the type to get mad at your friends for no reason. Now we're all blacklisted in your world.

Wendy: Stop exaggerating. I've never said such things.

Jinyoung: Yes, but you've changed with us and you hang out with bad people.

Wendy: They are not bad! Stop judging people on their appearances!

Jinyoung: They really are!

Wendy: Cite one thing they did that would justify me taking my distances from them?

Jinyoung: Well, hanging out with them got you to jail yesterday! Isn't this reason enough?!

Wendy: Stop yelling!

Irene: What did you just say, Jinyoung?!

Irene Eonnie walked back into the living room, wearing her bathrobe.

Wendy: Eonnie, he wa-

Irene: What did you just say, Jinyoung?

Jinyoung: ....