Stronger

Mr. Kim's Daughters

 

 

It had been two days since Irene learned about Wendy's little trip to the police station, and the sisters still had not been able to sit down and talk about it.

Irene was very angry and disappointed in her sisters, because none of them told her anything anymore. First Joy, and then Wendy? It was a lot for her to accept.

She tried hard to let it go, but she could not help herself. She felt like she had been a failure as the older sister, lately. It hurt her to see that her sisters were more scared of telling her about things because they didn't want her to get mad, than they were comfortable to confine into her and seek comfort beside her.

She was glad that her fiance was back from his business trip by then. She really needed to be with him.

 

 

+Irene's POV+

 

 

Irene: I am so happy to have you back.

I told Sehun as I hugged him tight. We had been standing in the middle of our living room for several minutes now.

Sehun: What happened?

He asked me as he slowly parted from the hug to look at me.

Irene: I'm just so tired right now. Both physically and mentally.

Sehun: Is this because of your sisters?

Irene: That, and a lot of other things... I don't know.

Sehun: What other things?

I got away from him and plopped down onto the sofa in a defeated way.

Irene: I miss my best friend.

Sehun: Jacklin?

He asked as he sat down next to me.

Sehun: Do you want to try and reach out for her again?

Irene: I know she won't pick up our calls. I'm sitting here being depressed about so many things at a time, when I should be having fun! I'm young!

I said before sighing heavily.

Irene: I mean, I just finished College! That's a big deal, and I should be having fun like the 25 year-old I am.

Sehun: So do it, baby. If you want to have fun, just have fun! No one will hold you back.

Irene: Easier said than done. What type of fun do you really think I will be able to have, without showing the wrong example to my sisters? That sort of fun doesn't exist for me.

Sehun: Maybe that's your problem. You always try to refrain yourself because you want to show your sisters the best example, and that is why they are sometimes afraid to tell you when they make mistakes. Maybe they feel like whatever bad thing they do is unacceptable, even though it might not really be to that point. Just because you didn't do in the past.

I looked at him and thought about it for a second. It seemed like he had caught the true reason behind all of this.

Sehun: Maybe it's time for you to show them that you're human too, that you want to have fun like everyone else, and that you can also make mistakes!

I chuckled bitterly as to tell him that he was being delusional if he thought I could really do that.

Sehun: How about you do something crazy without telling anyone?

Irene: What do you mean?

Sehun: Let's do something spontaneous! Let's go on a vacation without telling anybody!

Irene: That's not responsible, Sehun.

Sehun: That's exactly my point! What do we have to be responsible for? We're just going on a vacation!

Irene: But what if something happens to us there and no one knows where to find us?

Sehun: Irene... Okay, how about we go on a spontaneous vacation, but we can tell Jun about it. Only when we're there though.

Irene: What about my family?

Sehun: Seulgi only.

Irene: Don't we have to tell my dad?

Sehun: In that case, why not tell everyone then? If you keep being the perfect little girl who tells everything and does everything so perfectly, your sisters will always feel like they're no match for you.

I looked down at my hands, feeling defeated. I really hated this situation.

Irene: Okay, let's not tell them.

I finally said.

Sehun: Wait a minute. It means that we're really going on a vacation, right?

I stopped for a second and thought about it. This could be a great opportunity for me to relax and spend some time alone with Sehun, wherever our destination would be.

Irene: Call!

Sehun: Chincha?! Awesome! Pack your bags, I'll make the reservations. I know a great place where we can go and where no one will be able to disturb us.

 

 

+Seulgi's POV+

 

 

I decided to go to Jaebum's apartment because I wanted to thank him for his kindness of the past few days. We had not been able to see each other since our little shopping trip with Yeri, so I wanted to stop by and cook for him.

Jaebum had really been the best. He has always been there for me in the past, but I didn't know why it meant so much more to me to have him on my side now that we were not together.

Maybe it was because I had always felt like he was sticking up for me as any boyfriend would do, but I could tell that he just genuinely cared about me and my family.

I didn't know exactly where he lived, but Jinyoung explained how to get to his building. I spent thirty minutes looking for it, without finding it though.

After looking around for so long, I just asked a shop owner if he had seen a tall and handsome boy going around this neighborhood.

The man beamed when he realized that I was talking about Jaebum and told me how incredibly polite and nice he was to everyone around.

I smiled to myself because it wasn't surprising at all. Despite growing up in a family with a lot of money and power, Jaebum and his brother have always had a great reputation amongst their neighbors. Most of them praised them for their good manners, kindness and sometimes even "chivalry".

When I finally found the building, I typed the password that Jinyoung had given me and made my way inside.

The elevator was out of service so I had to take the stairs up to his apartment that was on the third floor.

Seulgi: Aigo.

I breathed heavily because I walked around the neighborhood for almost forty five minutes, then took the stairs without taking a break.

I found his apartment door and stood in front of it for a minute, trying to catch my breath, before knocking.

After a minute or so, someone came to open the door for me but it wasn't Jaebum. It was a girl.

Seulgi: Erm... Maybe I got the wrong apartment. I am so-

"You're looking for Jaebum, right? It's the right apartment. Come on in!"

She said as she let me in. I awkwardly smiled at her before following her inside.

"He is taking a shower. You can wait for him here, he won't be long anymore."

She said as she sat down on one of the couches.

I looked around the apartment and it was more than just a 'nice place'. The decoration was greatly done and the apartment was almost as huge as ours, except that it did seem too big for just one person.

"Sorry, I've lost my manners. Would you like something to drink?"

The girl asked me.

Seulgi: No thanks, I'm fine.

She turned back to look at her computer screen while I played with my fingers. I patiently waited for Jaebum to come and save me from this awkwardness.

Who was that girl?

And what was she doing in Jaebum's apartment so early in the morning? Did she sleep over or got here in the morning?

Was she his new girlfriend? Now he let his girlfriends sleep over at his house, huh?

She didn't even introduce herself to me. So rude.

Jaebum: Sseul? What are you doing here?

Jaebum came out of his room completely dressed. His hair was down, so it was almost hiding his eyes.

Seulgi: Erm... I came to see how you were doing.

Jaebum: Mm? I'm doing good. You didn't have to bother coming all the way for that. I was going to stop by your house, later today.

He said as he walked to another room, leaving me with the 'no name' girl, once again.

Jaebum: H, there's no more food. I'll go shop for the groceries so that you can have some time to work on your project.

He told the girl, who just nodded her head without looking at him.

"The money is in my bag. It is on the kitchen counter!"

She added, pointing at the kitchen door.

Jaebum: Okay.

Jaebum went back to the kitchen and came back after a few seconds.

Jaebum: Sseul, come with me.

I stood up and grabbed my bag before rushing out the door with him.

Jaebum: It's out of service again? Aish.

He walked to the staircase as I followed him close behind. We didn't talk until we reached his car, and got in.

Jaebum: I hope you don't mind coming with me to shop for food.

He said as he started the engine. 

Seulgi: Don't worry, I don't mind at all.

Jaebum: Good. It won't take too long. I'm just buying food for two people.

We stayed silent for a while as he drove.

Seulgi: She seems nice.

I said after another minute of silence. He turned to look at me quickly before speaking.

Jaebum: Who?

Seulgi: Your girlfriend. I don't know her name because she forgot to introduce herself to me.

Jaebum: Who, Haejin?!

He asked before he laughed.

Jaebum: H is not my girlfriend! She is my roommate's girlfriend.

Seulgi: Ah... I thought so, because she opened the door for me. I didn't know you had a roommate.

Jaebum: Well, since my parents no longer help me financially, I had to find someone to share the expenses with. The apartment is nice, but too big for one person.

Seulgi: Who is your roommate?

Jaebum: He is a friend from University. He is visiting his family in Busan at the moment, but his girlfriend needed to come to Seoul for a job interview. She lives in Busan.

Seulgi: I see.

Jaebum: Plus, if she was my girlfriend, I would not have let her sleep at my house. You know me and my principles.

He added as we got to the mart. He parked the car and got out of it, and I did the same thing. 

Seulgi: When does your friend come back?

Jaebum: I don't know. Some time in the week. Why?

Seulgi: I'm just asking.

He looked at me and smirked before shaking his head. He looked bemused by the situation. I immediately felt embarrassed because I realized how weird I had sounded, being so questioning.

He bought the stuff that he needed and we made our way back to the car within forty five minutes. We talked and caught up on one another lives, and it reminded me of the old and good times.

When we got back in the car I looked at him for a while, and a feeling of happiness engulfed my body.

Every time I was with him, I felt good to the point where I almost forgot what had happened in the previous few months. All I wanted to do was be with him all day long.

Jaebum: Wae?

He asked me, making me come back to my senses.

Seulgi: Nothing... I just feel like...

I started saying but stopped.

Jaebum: Like what?

Seulgi: Don't you miss it?

Jaebum: What are you talking about?

Seulgi: Don't you miss us being together, sometimes?

He stayed silent, staring at the road.

Seulgi: I mean, whenever I meet you and spend time with you, I miss it even more.

Jaebum: Sseul... I don't think it's a good idea to talk about that right now.

Seulgi: What do you mean?

Jaebum: I mean that it's not something I want to talk about right now.

Seulgi: Ah... Alright. I'm sorry for bringing it up.

Jaebum: Seulgi, it's no-

Seulgi: It's okay Jaebum. Don't worry.

I forced myself to smile at him before turning towards the window and leaning against it. I was so embarrassed.

Here I thought that he would still feel the same way after so long. I was so stupid.

 

 

+Wendy's POV+

 

 

I had not seen my sister in four days, and it worried me. She had not stopped by the house once since she learned about my trip to the police station, thanks to Jinyoung.

Talking about him, I needed to apologize for what I did. All he did was look out for me, and I treated him very poorly as a friend.

I knew he did not really plan to break the news out to Irene Eonnie.

Yeri: Irene Eonnie doesn't pick up her phone. We were supposed to go shopping today, but she is not home either.

Joy: Maybe she is at Sehun Oppa's office.

Yeri: Ah... maybe.

I grabbed my bag and made my way to the door when Joy spoke to me.

Joy: Where are you going, Eonnie?

Wendy: I'm going to talk with Jinyoung.

Joy: Aren't going to help me tell Appa about my auditions?

Wendy: Did you plan on telling him tonight? But you didn't tell any of us! How are you going to do that?

Joy: I don't know. I am so scared.

I sighed heavily before talking again.

Wendy: Don't tell him tonight. Wait until we are all free to be here with you. Don't worry, we will help you out.

I hugged my sister before making my way out of the apartment. I couldn't afford to ask Jinyoung to reschedule our meeting. I already had to call him several times before he actually picked up and agreed to meet me.

I was supposed to meet him at the university's coffee shop. I came in, fifteen minutes late and looked for him frantically.

When I finally found him, I was surprised to see that he wasn't alone. A girl was sitting at the table, across from him and her back faced me.

Jinyoung: Ah, you're here.

Jinyoung said when he saw me walking over to his table.

Wendy: Yes. Sorry, I needed to talk with Joy before leaving.

I said as I got close. I turned around to greet the girl that was sat in front of him.

Wendy: Hyuna?!

Hyuna: Wendy... How are you?

Wendy: Erm... I am good. What are you doing here?

I asked as I sat down next to Jinyoung.

Hyuna: I wanted to talk to Jinyoung and thank him.

Wendy: Thank him for what?

Hyuna: He helped me with some of my personal issues. I just wanted to thank him for that. I'm going to let the two of you talk now.

She stood up and smiled at Jinyoung before bidding us goodbye.

Wendy: What did you help her with?

Jinyoung: Nothing important. What was the matter with Joy?

I looked at him, not really liking this.

Wendy: She wanted to tell my father about her auditions, today.

Jinyoung: I see. She must be really worried about his reaction.

Wendy: Yes.

Jinyoung: What did you want to talk about?

I remembered what I came for.

Wendy: Well, I came to apologize about all the things I put you through. You have been nothing but the best of friend. You deserve a friend who can appreciate you.

Jinyoung: Wendy, it's o-

Wendy: No, let me finish please. I am sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt any of you guys, like that.

He smiled after I finished talking, and nodded his head.

Jinyoung: I accept your apologies. I also wanted to apologize for revealing it to your sister.

Wendy: I know you didn't mean to.

Jinyoung: What did she say after I left, by the way?

Wendy: Well, nothing much. You and I have heard pretty much the same things so far.

Jinyoung: Really?

Wendy: Yeah. I haven't seen her since that day. I tried calling her this morning, but her phone is said to be out of service.

Jinyoung: Mm?... That's weird, because I tried calling my brother this morning, but his phone was out of service too.

Wendy: Really? That's really weird. Do you think something happened to them?

Jinyoung: Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Wendy. I'm sure they are fine. Maybe they just need some alone time.

Wendy: Why do I feel so anxious suddenly?

Jinyoung: Calm down. No need to stress over it at this stage. 

How could he be so relaxed?

I observed his calm gestures as he took a sip of his coffee and felt curious about something.

Wendy: Jinyoung, what did Hyuna ask your help for?

Jinyoung: I thought we had stopped talking about Hyuna.

Wendy: Well, I mean I want to know because less than a week ago you were fiercely opposing to my friendship with her. And now, you help her out with her 'issues'. What does it mean?

Jinyoung: First of, I wasn't opposing to your friendship with her, I was just warning you about hanging around those two boys. Hyuna has nothing to do with them. She is different.

Wendy: How can you tell? You haven't even known her for that long, from what I know.

Jinyoung: Yes, but I learned and appreciated a lot of things about her in the past few days.

Wendy: I really don't understand how you can go from one extreme to the other. You were against me being around her group.

Jinyoung: Well, I was wrong about her. That's all.

I still wasn't satisfied with his answers, and I wanted to understand how things could have changed so fast. I wanted to get to the bottom of it. What was really going on?

Wendy: Jinyoung, why do I feel like you're hiding something big from me?

Jinyoung: Wendy, why won't you just let it go?

Wendy: Are you two dating?

Jinyoung: What?! What are you saying now?

Wendy: I just want to know.

Jinyoung: Wendy! I do-

Before he could finish his sentence, his phone started ringing in his pocket, interrupting our conversation.

Jinyoung: Eo, Hyung... What, really?!... Okay. Don't worry... I'll see you soon, Hyung... Bye.

He finished the call and started gathering his stuff off of the table.

Wendy: What's going on?

Jinyoung: Junmyeon Hyung said that my brother and your sister left on a vacation and asked him to tell all of us. He just called me first.

Wendy: On a vacation? Where? When?

Jinyoung: Wendy, I don't know!

He exclaimed. He sounded irritated.

Wendy: I am sorry... Where are you going?

Jinyoung: To my part time job.

Wendy: You have to work today? I will be all alone.

Jinyoung: Call your boyfriend and ask him to come keep you company. I have never seen him around, by the way.

 Wendy: He-he... he is always busy.

Jinyoung: Yeah, right. I got to go. I'll see you later.

Wendy: Oh, man!

I exclaimed as soon as I made sure that Jinyoung had already left. That didn't sound good.

 

 

+Jacklin's POV+

 

 

I was having lunch with my family when someone knocked at the door. I stood up and went to open it, and I suddenly had a flash back at the sight of the people in front of me.

Jacklin: Sehun! Irene!