Amen

Mr. Kim's Daughters

 

+Sehun's POV+

 

Irene: Junmyeon-

Junmyeon: What did you just say, Irene?

He asked her, aggressively.

Sehun: Jun, calm down first.

Junmyeon: Are you really asking me to calm down? Are you serious right now? How can I be calm after hearing this?!

Sehun: I know it's surprising but you've got to calm down for a bit and think about everything carefully.

Junmyeon: There's nothing to think about, Sehun!

He left after saying that and I looked at Irene who was frozen into place. She was still looking at the door.

Irene: What did I just do?

Sehun: I am going to follow him outside. Are you going to be okay by yourself for a bit?

She nodded her head before sitting back on the chair. I looked at her one last time before running out to follow Junmyeon. I didn't know what he meant by what he said, and I was honestly worried.

I saw him going out of his office with his car keys in one hand.

Sehun: Jun! Jun, wait!

He did not stop and kept walking towards the lobby.

Sehun: Yah! Kim Junmyeon! Wait!

I ran and stopped him before he could leave the building. Some people were hanging around the reception, so I had to be careful if I didn't want our conversation to turn into a free spectacle for them.

Sehun: Didn't you hear me calling you? Gwi meogeosseo?! (Are you deaf?)

Junmyeon: Sehun, I am really not in the mood for your jokes right now.

Sehun: Tell me where you are going first!

Junmyeon: I am going home! Sehun, I won't do anything stupid, no need to worry about me!

Sehun: Well then stop being so aggressive. I didn't do anything, Irene neither, and Jacklin even less.

Suho: Sehun, I just want to go home. Please, leave me alone for now. Please.

I looked at my friend and I felt bad. Seeing him like that wasn't a pleasant sight at all. I wish he could have told me what he felt at that moment, but I knew that himself wasn't even sure of his own feelings.

Sehun: I will stop by tonight.

Junmyeon: Sehun, I'd rather no-

Sehun: I wasn't asking for permission. It's either that, or I don't let you go right now.

He sighed as I slowly let him go. I looked at his back facing me as he walked away, and I could tell that he felt defeated.

I went back to my office, still thinking about my best friend. When I walked in, Irene was still in the same position as when I left. I had almost forgotten about her and how she must have been completely panicking inside.

I sat next to her and took her hands.

Sehun: It is not your fault.

She didn't respond nor looked at me.

Sehun: Baby... look at me.

She reluctantly looked at me and that's when I saw that she was honestly feeling guilty. More than she should. She was on the verge of crying.

Sehun: Irene, don't do that to yourself. Please.

Irene: He shouldn't have heard about it like that. He wasn't supposed to hear it from me. Can you imagine what is going to happen to them now? She's not even here yet, and if she learns that I told him, I'm afraid she'll be too scared to come back.

Sehun: You didn't tell him, Irene. You told me and he heard you. You couldn't have planned for him to be at my door at the very moment when you'd tell me.

Irene: It's the same thing! You don't understand, I've betrayed her trust!

Sehun: Irene you ar-

My phone vibrated at that moment, interrupting me, and before I could reach for it to turn down the call, Irene moved her hands away from me. I quickly looked at her and decided to take my call instead.

Sehun: Nae, Abeonim.

Mr. Kim: Sehun-ah, we're all ready. When are you coming?

Sehun: We are on our way, Abeonim. I just had to take care of something at the company, but I'm done.

Mr. Kim: Ah, arrasseo! I'll see you then!

Sehun: Nae, Abeonim.

I hung up and stood up from the chair.

Sehun: Let's go. Everyone is waiting.

She looked at me for a second then turned away, before standing up. She walked past me and out of my office without talking. I sighed before following her to the car.

The ride home and the restaurant was extremely calm. I felt bad for her family who had to witness our sudden coldness, but I knew that if I talked to her she would have probably ignored me. I didn't want her family to witness that.

When we got to the restaurant she sat next to her dad and pushed Yeri and Joy next to me. It was starting to get on my nerves because she was acting like a child. I didn't do anything wrong.

Yeri: Oppa, what is wrong with Eonnie?

Yeri whispered into my ear. I smiled to reassure her and ruffled her hair.

Sehun: We just had a little couple's quarrel. Don't worry.

Joy: Ah, Oppa! How can you make her mad on your engagement night! She's going to remember that night forever!

Joy didn't look too happy with me. I sighed and nodded my head. At that point I was willing to take the blame for whatever was going on, instead of trying to explain the situation.

Sehun: I'm sorry, Joy.

I looked at Irene and she was staring at me, but turned away when our gazes met. I started feeling uncomfortable. If she could hear us from there, it meant that her father could too.

After dinner we went back home in the same silence between her and I. This time Mr. Kim sat on the passenger seat next to me. I didn't really mind because I wasn't in the mood for another part of cold shoulder. Mr. Kim and I talked about his new job and how he was trying to adapt to new technologies.

We all took the elevator together and I felt relieved when Joy joked with me again. I thought she was still upset and almost forgot that she is just a little girl. When we got to their door I bid goodbye to everyone and waited for Irene to do the same thing, but she walked in with them instead.

Seulgi: Eonnie, what are you doing?

Irene: I want to sleep here tonight.

Mr. Kim: Juhyeon-

Irene: Appa, I just don't want to sleep there tonight. I want to stay with you guys.

Mr. Kim: Juhyeon!

Sehun: It's okay, Abeonim. Keurom, goodnight everyone. I'll see you tomorrow.

With that, I left. I had never seen her being this childish before. I guess she really felt guilty, because it seemed like she couldn't even face me. I decided to go see Junmyeon instead oh heading home.

I knocked for about a minute before he finally opened the door. He was shirtless.

Sehun: What were you doing?

I made my way into his condo, following his steps. I sat on his sofa while he went to wear something. He came back and sat in front of me.

Junmyeon: I was sleeping. What are you doing here?

Sehun: I told you that I would stop by.

Junmyeon: Yeah, but isn't it your engagement night tonight? You should be with Irene right now.

Sehun: She is sleeping at her dad's.

Junmyeon: Oh? Why? Did the proposal go wrong?

He looked alarmed for a second and it made me laugh.

Sehun: Ha-ha. No, she said yes. She just freaked out after what happened at the office, and she let it all out on me because she feels guilty.

Junmyeon: She doesn't have to. I admit that I was pretty mad earlier but it was just because I was shocked.

Sehun: I know. Don't worry about her, she's just acting like a kid. I find it cute.

Junmyeon: What are you going to do?

Sehun: Maybe I'll play with her for a bit. Anyways, have you talked to Lin?

Junmyeon: Not yet. I can't find the strength to confront her, but at the same time I don't think I'll be able to act like I don't know anything.

Sehun: I don't think you should do that over the phone. Wait until she comes back and talk about it calmly.

Junmyeon: I don't know how to feel...

Sehun: Jun, just honestly answer this question. Do you really think that having a kid with Lin is a bad thing?

Junmyeon: What? Of course not! Having a child is the best thing that could happen to me and a child with her is all I've always dreamed of. I just didn't want it to happen right now. I didn't want her to have a harder time with my mother.

Sehun: Does it really matter, at this point?

Junmyeon: Not really... I know I'm going to do everything in my power to protect her and our... child... Sehun, I'm going to be a father.

Sehun: Are you happy?

He looked at me for a minute, then smiled. He did not need to answer.

Sehun: Congratulations! I am going to be an uncle. Woah!

We laughed like two idiots for about a minute, before he stopped and said.

Junmyeon: I know what I am going to do. Sehun, but I need you to help me.

 

+Irene's POV+

 

I woke up in a better mood than I was the day before. I immediately felt bad for how I treated Sehun. He did not do anything wrong, but I couldn't face him with the guilt I felt either. He must have been so upset with me.

I cooked breakfast for everyone at home and left after writing a sorry note for the awkwardness I caused at dinner, then I made my way to our apartment. I used the keys Sehun gave me the day before to open the door and went inside. All the lights were still off, so I figured that he was still sleeping.

I decided to cook breakfast before waking him up, to apologize for my behavior. After preparing everything, I went to the master bedroom and slightly knocked on the door. He didn't answer, so I just made my way inside.

Irene: Oh? He is not here. Where did he go this early in the morning?

I tried calling him but his phone was off. I started getting worried about his whereabouts, and feeling guilty because I didn't even know where my boyfriend was. Sehun is not the type sleep out without saying anything... or maybe I really pissed him off this time.

Irene: Aish! Kim Irene, neo chincha!

I walked back to the living room, trying to figure out what I was going to do but I heard someone opening the door. After a few seconds, Sehun appeared. I smiled and stood up from the couch to go greet him, relieved to see that he was fine. He looked at me for a bit, then looked away.

Irene: Sehun...

Sehun: Why did you come so early?

Irene: I... wanted to cook for you.

Sehun: Why would you do that? It's not like you're my maid or anything. Thank you, but coming all the way from your apartment wasn't necessary.

Irene: Sehun... are you really that mad at me? I am sorry for yesterday. I didn't mean to take all my frustration out on you. You know me.

Sehun: I need to take a shower.

With that said he left me standing in the middle of the living room. I was shocked because it really wasn't Sehun's type to stay mad at people for more than ten minutes. Maybe I went too far.

I covered the food to prevent it from getting cold and sat on the sofa, patiently waiting for him to come back.

I texted Wendy to ask for some advice, because I knew she was supposed to wake up early to study. She called me as soon as she got my text.

Wendy: Eonnie, I'm with Seulgi Eonnie. Is Oppa really mad?

Irene: Yeah. I've never seen him that upset. He's giving me the cold shoulder. What should I do?

Seulgi: Hm... did you apologize?

Irene: It's the first thing I did when he came back.

Wendy: Wasn't he home when you came back?

Irene: No, he came in an hour or so later. I wonder where he was.

Seulgi: You'll worry about that later, Eonnie. First, you've got to do something about the situation.

Wendy: I know! Eonnie, because you're more of the chic type of girlfriend, I'm sure Oppa rarely hears sweet words, or see cute actions from you. Maybe doing something like that could surprise him and he'll forget about the rest.

Seulgi: Woah, Wend' that's actually a good idea! Eonnie, try some aegyo!

Irene: Mwusun aegyo? Ah jebal, you know I can't do that.

Seulgi: Make an effort Eonnie! I'm sure Oppa will like it!

Wendy: Anyways, good luck on that! You didn't go easy on him yesterday, so I hope you'll succeed! See you later, Eonnie!

Seulgi: Fighting!

They hung up on me before I could say anything else. Sehun came out after half an hour, completely dried and dressed up. He glanced at me then at the table, before sitting down on the sofa too.

Irene: Sehun... I'm really sorry for yesterday. I didn't mean to be mean to you. I don't like you being like this with me. It's not like you.

Sehun: Just like it wasn't like you yesterday.

Irene: Sehun...

I came close to him and tried that aegyo thing my sisters were talking about. I really hated it, but I was willing to try it for him to forgive me. I held his right arm and looked at him with puppy dog eyes.

Irene: Baby...

Sehun: Mwoaningwoya jigeum?

Irene: Baby, don't be mad at me. Hm?

I was glad that there was no one around at that moment. If Sehun talked about it later, I could always deny. I was thinking about that when I heard him laugh.

Irene: Oh? You laughed! Does that mean I'm forgiven?

Sehun: I wasn't really mad. I was just playing with you.

Irene: Oh? Aaah, wae irae! I just embarrassed myself!

Sehun: Wae? I found it cute! It was new!

Irene: Ah chincha, Sehun!

Sehun: Are you getting mad at me again?

Irene: Hm?... I wasn't mad at you... I was mad at myself.

Sehun: I know. It's okay, don't worry. How was your first night back in town?

Irene: Not that great. I barely had three hours of sleep, and I slept on the couch.

Sehun: While you had a king size bed here waiting for you. Ah, what a waste.

Irene: Talking about that, where did you sleep?

Sehun: At Jun's. We had a boy's night in, since you ditched me yesterday, on our engagement night.

Irene: Sehun! I said I was sorry.

Sehun: Ha-ha! It's so easy to tease you. It's okay, I didn't sleep alone in here, so it's all good.

He stood up and started walking to the dining room when I stopped him by the arm, and hugged him from behind. I rested my head against his back, silently taking in his scent.

Sehun: Wae?

Irene: I'm so happy to have you. I've missed you.

Sehun: Hm... I've missed you too. -- And you know what I've missed? Your cooking! Come on let's eat.

Irene: Wow. What a romantic guy you are!

Sehun: I know. They call me Bel Ami.

Irene: Yeah, right. Have you talked to Junmyeon about Jacklin?

Sehun: Yeah. He's not mad at anyone and he doesn't blame you for anything, by the way. He is pretty happy with the fact that he is going to be a father.

Irene: Really? That's great! Let's eat quickly so I can go see him!

Sehun: That won't be possible...

Irene: What? Why?

 

+Jacklin's POV+

 

Irene left four days ago already and I still hadn't heard from her. I didn't want to call first and disturb her in her welcoming festivities with her beau.

I hadn't talked to Junmyeon in days either. His phone was constantly off, or he didn't answer. I wondered what he was doing. I missed him.

Mrs. Pierce: Jacky, someone's at the door! Can you get it for me, please? I'm cooking!

Jacklin: Ok, Ma!

I slightly ran to the door and quickly opened it. The person I saw in front of me was none other than-

Jacklin: Junmyeon!

Junmyeon: Hello honey.