Chapter 23

Let Me Love You {EXO's Chanyeol}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol

A few minutes and a firm eye contact later, there was a knock on the door. She was quickly brought back to reality, so was I.

"Come in," I said loudly, in order for the person to hear me.

Soon after, the door was opened, revealing Minseok hyung. I mentally rolled my eyes and sighed through my nose.

"Hyung," I said, smiling brightly at him.

Hell, I was good at this acting thing. Wait, that sounds kind of wrong. Don't misunderstand me, I didn't hate my hyung, I was just... jealous. Yes, I, Park Chanyeol, was jealous. Why? Because she liked him.

"Oh, Chanyeol, you're still here," he stated as he walked over to us. He kept his hands hidden behind his back, and suddenly, when he was finally standing beside the bed, he revealed what he held in them. Flowers. He handed them over to her with a big grin on his face.

Her face lit up as she accepted his treat. "Thank you," she whispered as she sniffled the scent of the flowers.

He kneeled beside her. "Is everything okay? Why did you faint?"

She gulped as a nervous feeling overtook her body. "Well, I..."

"It was due to exhaustion," I said, butting in.

Xiumin nodded. "You should get some rest, I guess. I'll be back tomorrow." He got back on his feet. Then, he did something that not only surprised me, but her as well. He planted a small peck on her lips.

I felt my heart shatter into countless pieces.

"Chanyeol, you coming with me?" he asked, snapping me out of my inattention.

I blinked thrice. "Uh, I'll stay for a bit longer."

"Alright, be careful on your way back. Good night." And just like that, he was gone.

I heaved a sigh and snapped my fingers in front of her, who was still zoned out. "Sun-hee."

"Uh, yeah," she said as she shook her head.

"You should sleep some more. I'll stay here for a while until you fall asleep, how about that?"

She smiled and nodded. "Okay."

And so, she dozed off, with her hand holding mine, making my fragile heart beat uncontrollably against my chest. I wanted to stay there with her, but there was so much going on in my mind, and I wanted to think things through. Once she was sound asleep, I slipped my hand out of hers and left.

I made my way back to my flat. Once I closed the door, I took a deep breath and rubbed my eyes. I checked my phone. It was past one in the morning already.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter