Chapter 18

Let Me Love You {EXO's Chanyeol}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol

"Channie," she slurred, staring at the ceiling.

"Hmmm?"

"Do you ever feel lonely?"

I thought about it for a second. "Not really, I mean, these eight guys are always-"

"I said lonely, not alone." She corrected.

"Well, I guess we all do sometimes. Do you?" I asked as I her silky smooth hair.

A smile made its way across her complexion. "So much that it physically hurts me sometimes."

I gulped, not knowing what to say or what to do. I then cleared my throat awkwardly.

"But ever since we became friends, I don't know, I feel less lonely. You're always there, making me laugh and smile. I forget about the rest of the world when I'm with you. I guess that's why I appreciate you so much." She pinched my cheeks and grinned.

I couldn't help but chuckle. "Likewise." She looked at me, and I sent her a wink. "I hope Xiumin can make you feel that way someday, too."

"Maybe he will."

After a while of conversing and staring into each other's eyes and the ceiling, she fell asleep in my lap. I didn't know what to do. She looked so peaceful. I didn't have it in me to wake her up... not when she looked so heavenly. I decided to just let her sleep on my bed that night. I mean, it was already 11 anyhow.

After placing her on my bed and tucking her in, I took one of the spare pillows and tried to get comfortable on the floor. It was nearly impossible, but I did it for her sake.

I stared off into space, thinking about the events that took place on that day. Eventually, I wandered off to the first day that I met her. I overthought for a few minutes and finally reached a deduction.

I realized that the reason why I was feeling some sense of jealousy was because...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Well, she was my best friend, and I didn't want her to pay me less attention.

After coming to that conclusion, which actually made me feel happy and relieved, I fell asleep on the hard floor.

~~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter