Test of true love...

Re:Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things had gotten better for Shin Hye in school. She had proven her worth as a good student for her mid-year. She enjoyed her schooling despite the fact that she was in the same class as Soo Ji whom seemingly to develop interest with her husband.

For Lee Jong Seok things with his wife is not as merry or as rosy as he was hoping for. Shin Hye seemed to detract herself from him. She would either be too busy, stayed at school till late afternoon or when she reached home right after dinner she would lock herself up in her room with the excuse of busy studying or sometimes she spends her time with her grandfather.

He understood why she might have behaved in such manner, Soo Ji was the underlying reasoning. That day, he was already losing his patient since he saw Shin Hye laughing and joking around with Lee Won Geun but he knew he had to maintain his cool as he promised her.

He waited for her outside the house.

“Why is she not home yet?” He hissed as he kicked the small rocks on the driver’s pathway. Not soon after, he heard the gate opened and saw the glimpse of her coming in. He hurriedly ran to her. “Where were you?”

“Ah… Kamjagya!” She was surprised by his sudden appearance. “Waeyo?” She asked softly yet stern.

“I am asking you… Why are you home late?” He stared at her face. She looked away.

“I was at the school club…” She explained.

“You should be home earlier.” Jong Seok was getting angrier with her.

“Why are you angry?” She finally looked at him and she looked upset. “I was just at the school club with Seul-Gi and…”

“Won Geun?” He asked trying hard to hide his jealousy.

“Yes, with him too. We are in the same club if you must know.” She tried to look non-chalant.

“What could be so busy at the club that you can’t be home early?” He asked her more.

“Oppa…” She sighed. “I just got home and I am tired. I have to prepare for my class test tomorrow.” She explained.

“Don’t go!” He held her wrist tightly.

“Ouch… Oppa…” She winced. “You’re hurting me…” She begged him to let go.

Jong Seok quickly hugged her tightly. “Please… Stay… Stay this way…” He breathed.

“Waeyo?” She asked softly and confused a little bit.

“I miss you… I know you are angry…” He whispered.

Shin Hye kept quiet. It was true, she was hurt seeing Soo Ji openly threw herself to Jong Seok. She decided to just focus on her studies and enjoy her time being a real student, having friends and having fun.

“Say something…” Jong Seok whispered.

“I’ve nothing to say…” Shin Hye answered quietly.

“Can we talk?” He asked as he slowly looked into her tired face. “Please… Don’t run away from me… I told you I have no feelings towards her anymore…” He wanted to convince her.

Shin Hye looked down not wanting to meet his eyes, she finally nodded in agreement. “After dinner, at the garden then.” She agreed.

Dinner was just quiet as Jong Seok’s family had to attend a function and it was just the two of them left. Shin Hye wasn’t in the mood of being chatty as well since she was tired and she was preparing herself for whatever it was going to be with Jong Seok.

Jong Seok waited patiently for Shin Hye to arrive to the garden. He sat and looked at the beautiful scenery before him. He wished his life with Shin Hye would be as beautiful but things had turned sour between them unexpectedly. Shin Hye was always moody when she was home and she had shut herself away from him.

When at school, he couldn’t come closer to her as he promised her that he would not made it obvious what was going on between them. She even stopped joining him when they go to school and found another route so that she and him would not meet.

“I’m here now…” She announced herself quietly with a bitter smile.

“Come, sit next to me.” Jong Seok invited. He could see she reluctantly walked towards him. He felt pained in his heart and slightly broken. As soon as Shin Hye sat next to him, he looked and stared at her as he missed her a lot. “I miss you…” He couldn’t help but utter. He could see it affected her as she suddenly blinked a few times and sighed deeply. “Don’t you miss me anymore?” He asked. “Please say yes.”

 She took her time to answer, “It would be a lie if I say I don’t miss you but…”

“But?”

“But I am wondering… if it is the right thing for me to do so?” She smiled bitterly as she toughen herself up to look at him.

“Of course it is, you have every right to… You are my wife…” Jong Seok answered.

“Hmm….” She looked away and he could see her eyes welled up. He quickly touched her chin and slowly guide her to look at him.

“We can’t forever avoid whatever it is making us like this… IT hurts me deep inside. I can’t show my affection in school since you requested it and at home you shut me down…” He explained.

Shin Hye could see the pain in his face, she felt guilty but she was confused and hurt. She had never experienced such feelings with any man before and she didn’t know what was the right thing to do except avoiding the situation.

“Please… Talk to me.. We are supposed to be with one another… I only plan to have this marriage.” Jong Seok begged.

“You’re a man… wouldn’t it be easier for you to be with other girls?” Shin Hye challenged him.

“Why are you saying such things?” Jong Seok was getting annoyed. “I want to just talk about us.” He looked serious.

“For us to happen, there shouldn’t be another one…”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know… I am confused with my feelings and all. I don’t know what this is.. I am angry at you whenever she…”

“She? Soo Ji?” He asked. “Look at me…” Shin Hye refused, he cupped her face to look at him. “Are you angry because Soo Ji approached me?”

“Yes…” She answered. “I feel defeated.”

“Why should you?”

“She is beautiful and she was once in your heart. I told you if you  want her still, I am willing to separate for your sake.”

“How can you loosely say such a thing.”

“Believe me it is not easy… Especially now… that I realized, I am slowly falling in love deeply with you.”

Jong Seok immediately hugged her tightly.

“Be that way… Love me… I love you too… I feel like dying whenever I see you and him together. My every existence want to jump on him and shred him apart so h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter