Asking Her Out? Step 4

I Think I Love You...?

(Hey guys, I'm going to start adding stuff like instead of saying 'Mom', I'm gonna put 'Umma' okay? So keep reading!)

When Wooyoung reached home, he stomped straight to his room, slamming the door. The others stared confused, and when they asked Taecyeon what happened, all he said was, "I think it has something to do with Ji Eun..."

And it was true. Wooyoung lay on his bed, fiddling with his phone. He had a temptation to text Ji Eun to see how she was doing and if she was alright, but there was a tug in his gut telling him to wait.

"Wooyoung what's wrong with you!" he yelled to himself. He was sure that his group members had heard him, but nobody came knocking on the door. If only he had spoken up sooner. If only he was the one who had protected her.

~~~

Ji Eun went home and started to do her homework, as always. A few minutes later, her phone bleeped. Her first thought that it was wooyoung, so she picked up her phone and checked, but instead it was another number. She read the text:

Ji Eun,

Meet me at our old meeting place.

Taeyang Oppa

Ji Eun almost dropped her phone to the ground? How did Taeyang get her number? And how did he still remember their meeting place?

"Tch, what does he expect from me? To trust him again? When I reacted earlier at school, I had totally forgotten about what he did, but now...ugh!" she smacked her head. Ji Eun sighed and thought about her and Taeyang last year. They were classmates at first, until Taeyang had confessed that he had liked her. Without thought Ji Eun had agreed that she liked him too. That's when they started dating. They tried to keep it secret, but Taeyang wanted it to be more public. Even if they hadn't said anything, it was pretty obvious to the school that they were considerably dating. But one night, it was their one month anniversary. Taeyang had surprised Ji Eun with a dinner at a resturant that they always went to. But during their dinner, Taeyang had recieved a call.

*Flashback*

"Taeyang, aren't you going to answer your phone?" Ji Eun asked. Taeyang didn't say anything.

"Uh...er...its probably my manager. He probably wants me to come to this...uh....meeting." he stammered. Ji Eun was still suspicious.

"Then just answer, tell him that you're busy." she suggested. Hesitant, Taeyang took his phone and answered.

"Um...I'm busy at the moment. I'll call you back later." he muttered to the phone, but mistakably he hit speaker and a girl's voice had responded, "Yah, Taeyang. Weren't we supposed to go out and eat dinner tonight?" the girl asked. Ji Eun's eyebrows rose.

"Who's that..." she began, but Taeyang interrupted her. "It's nobody..uh...my manager's wife. She wants me to--" But the girl/woman's voice retorted back, "I'm not your manager's wife! I'm your girlfriend! What are you talking about? And who is that girl with you?" And then Ji Eun realized.

"You cheated on me!" she exclaimed. And she rushed out the door.

*Flashback ended*

She remembered Taeyang following her, but Ji Eun had slapped him and told him never to follow her or talk to her again. Ji Eun shivered at the memory.

"Why should I go?" Ji Eun said to herself. She dropped her phone on her bed. She might as well see Umma instead of meeting with this player.

~~~

Wooyoung couldn't stand it. He grabbed his phone and texted Ji Eun.

Where are you? Can I see you? I have to tell you something...

Then he put his phone in his pocket and opened the door of his room. His hyungs were still there and they all looked over at him when he exited.

"Yah, where are you going?" Chansung asked. Wooyoung turned to them and smiled.

"To confess to Ji Eun, duh?"

~~~

When Ji Eun recieved Wooyoung's text, thankful it wasn't Taeyang, she told him to meet her at the hospital. When she reached the place, she went straight to her mother's room, but when she got there, it was empty. Except for...

"What are you doing here?" she demanded. Taeyang was startled at the tone of her voice, but smiled when he realized it was only Ji Eun.

"I came to see your mother...but they said they had taken her to the ER." he explained.

"What?! What happened?" she said.

"She had a fever, and it was high so they decided to take her down to the ER..." When Ji Eun flopped down to the ground, Taeyang went over to her and gave her a hug, but Ji Eun pushed him off.

"Don't touch me! What did you do to her?" she yelled. Taeyang raised his arms in surrender.

"Nothing I swear!" Ji Eun turned away from him.

"You swear? You swear nothing! You broke my heart! Did you know that? In fact you broke two hearts from your two-timing!" she spat. Taeyang sighed.

"I know and I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. My other girlfriend--I met her before you, she was in the States for a while because she went to school there, so my first thought that it was over between us. That's why I said I liked you. I needed to start over--"

"So you go and start a new relationship! Is that it? Am I your way to forget her?" Ji Eun had tears in her eyes.

"No, that's not it..." he went over and hugged her and no matter how hard Ji Eun tried, all she needed was a hug right now. She just went limp and let him hug her, even though she didn't even want it from him. She wanted one from Wooyoung...

~~~

Wooyoung slammed the door of Taecyeon's car, and ran into the hospital. He held onto the flower bouquet in his hand. This is going to be the day I'll tell you how I feel Ji Eun...He quickly went to Ji Eun's mother's room. But instead of findind Ji Eun and her mother, he found Taeyang...hugging Ji Eun. His heart suddenly broke into a million pieces. Instinctly, he dropped the bouquet on the floor. Ji Eun turned around, and broke away from Taeyang's grasp and saw.

"Wooyoung...you're here..." she started to smile, but then realized what he had just saw. "No...it's not what you..." But Wooyoung didn't listen to her explaination.

"I guess I've interrupted something." he said firmly. Then walked away.

~~~

"Wooyoung!" Ji Eun started to walk towards the door and run after him, but Taeyang grabbed her wrist.

"Ji Eun.." he looked her in the eyes, like he used to do when he wanted Ji Eun to pity him, but Ji Eun didn't fall for it this time.

"Taeyang. Just leave. We're were never meant to be anyway...go back to your other girlfriends..." Ji Eun told him gently, and released her wrist from his grip. She quickly ran out the door.

~~~Taeyang POV~~~

He dropped to the floor. Maybe she was right. He had used her and broken her heart. He didn't deserve her.

"I'm sorry Ji Eun..." he said softly.