Ji Eun's Interview.

I Think I Love You...?

Ji Eun POV

Umma was so anxious that morning that she didn't need a cup of coffee to wake her up. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and twirled around a little bit. I had told Umma about the producer...and the interview today at 2. She had literally ran out of the house and bought a very "business-like" outfit. But I didn't find it very comfortable.

"Umma, can you please explain to me why I have to wear this again?" I pleaded. I pouted as I noticed that the skirt hugged my so tight that I couldn't breathe. She shook her head in disapproval.

"I don't want you making a bad influence at first sight!" She said, reaching for my hair to fix it. I groaned. I didn't want to be so...formal for a talk with a producer...maybe a nice blouse would do..

"Ah, much better! You look like a grown woman now!" she praised, eyeing me. I rolled my eyes.

"Umma, I'm already a--"

"Sh! Now c'mon. I think Ji Yeon is dropping you off at the ice cream shop soon. Don't want to be late!" She rushed.

Next thing I knew, I was riding with Ji Yeon on the bus. I was on the seat nearest to the window and was wondering off in my own little world, until Ji Yeon tapped me on the shoulder.

"We're here." She announced. She pointed outside of the window to the ice cream shop. As I squinted, I noticed that a woman was sitting alone inside. We boarded off the bus and headed towards the shop. Right when I was about to open the door, Ji Yeon grabbed my arm.

"Yah, you be good, okay? Call me right after. Good luck!" she said. I nodded and proceeded inside the shop. A tiny bell rang, which signaled that someone had entered. I looked around and realized that there wasn't a lot of people around. I searched for the woman and found her near the window at a couple's table. The sun grazed her face, and I saw her features. I took a few tentative steps towards the woman.

I didn't really know if that was her or not, so it'd be weird if I just walked up to her. She seemed to noticed me, and smiled. I stopped walking and smiled back. She gestured towards the seat in front of her and I took it.

She grinned warmly. "I'm guessing you're the great Ji Eun, correct?" She asked. I nodded, flattered that she considered me 'great'. She stuck out her hand and I took it.

"My name is Park Bong Cha. I was one of the producers who judged you at the showcase at your school." She informed me. She then reached inside a black thin suitcase that was hidden behind her chair. I was surprised for two reasons: One, I didn't even notice the suitcase there. Two, she was wearing a similar tight black skirt as I was. I grinned, thanking my umma in my head for mkaing me wear this uncomfortable outfit.

She opened the suitcase and pulled out a file, nudging it towards me. I leaned forward and scanned the file.

Lee Ji Eun: Singer's Route

I blinked in confusion. What was this? Singer's Route?

She seemed to have read my mind and explained for me. "This file will contain all your information that relates to you becoming a great singer. Things like...your personal information and your future assignments. Go ahead and take a look." I took the file, which was a manila folder. I opened it and found only one thing inside: the contract.

"Of course, since you haven't started your great journey this file is empty. Once, you sign this, your journey begins." She said, a glint in her eye.

I gulped. Suddenly, I felt really nervous. I think I've been nervous, btu I just noticed it now.

And another thing occured to me.

I wasn't really sure if I wanted to be a world-wide singer...permenantly.

Maybe I've dreamed of it, yes.

But actually fulfilling that dream...

And possibly living it...

It just seemed to...absurd.

Ms. Bong Cha seemed to notice my hesitation and she gave me a warm smile. It made me feel safe again.

"I understand, that you're not fully sure. But I can guarantee that this is a once-in-a-lifetime oppurtunity that only talented kids can achieve. Will you grab that chance?"

Well, was I?

She was so persuading that it scared me.

But it was true. This was a really rare occasion. A person would be lucky to have a chance at this. Should I take it?

She raised an eyebrow waiting for a response.

"Well...?"

"In the contract....how long is it?" I asked.

"Five years."

"Do I have to go abroad?"

She nodded.

I started to rub my palms. I thought of Wooyoung...and his promise.

Will he really keep it after five years?

If I rejected this offer, he'd probably be disappointed in me for turning down such a huge oppurtunity.

But if I accpeted it....

Finally I made my decision. I looked up and found Ms. Bong Cha holding a fountain pen out in front of me.

I grabbed it and signed the paper.

 

~~~

 

OMG. This wasn't a very good chapter. Btw, this story is coming to an end! Maybe 10 or more (or less) chapters left and this little love story will be over!

Tell me how it is! Keep on supporting me, no matter how bad this chappie was :)