I'll Be Waiting

I Think I Love You...?

 Ji Eun's POV

It was a silent drive to the airport and I couldn't help but feel more and more apart from my home. I sighed deeply, looking at the view from the window. I heard my umma cough.

"Ji Eun, you okay?" she asked my concernedly. I turned to her, flashing her a reassuring smile.

"Ne..." I looked down at my fingers and realized they were shaking. I tried to squeeze my hand to stop them from moving, but it only provided minimal help. We arrived at around 5:30 and I got out of the car to grab my suitcase. We entered in the airport, finding Ms. Bong Cha at the entrance. She was scanning her phone and talking to herself.

Oops, she was talking in her Bluetooth.

When she saw us, she smiled, pressing a button on the Bluetooth she spoke.

"Ji Eun! I'm glad your here. Let's take your luggage." I was about to bend down and get it, but a man in a suit took it from me. He nodded acknowledging me. I thanked him and turned to my boss.

"Let's go! And all goodbyes should be said at this point. We'll be boarding the airplane as early as we can." Ms. Bong Cha motioned to umma. I nodded reluctantly and faced umma. I saw a tear form in her eye, but I hugged her before it fell down her cheek.

"It's okay umma. I'll call you once I get there. I'll miss you so much!" I said to her shoulder. She hugged me tighter. "I love you Ji Eun-ah. Don't ever change." And with that, she kissed my forehead and waved at me. I smiled and followed Ms. Bong Cha. She squeezed my shoulders and smiled.

"This is going to be so much fun!"

~~~

Ji Yeon's POV

I waited at Ji Eun's house, to stand guard. Locking the doors, I sighed. I'm going to miss her a lot. I decided to go to her to her room. When I entered it was almost empty. The only things left being the bed and nightstand. I sat on the bed and laid down. I placed my phone above my head, willing to call her and know if she boarded the plane yet. I entered her number and placed the phone to my ear. When it finally started ringing, I heard a familiar ringtone beside me. I turned and spotted a phone on the nightstand making a noise.

I gasped.

I quickly hung up and picked up Ji Eun's phone.

She left it!

I unlocked it and found it had 20 miss calls. One of them being mine, 5 being Taeyang from last night....at 12 am? And the other 14 were from Wooyoung. My eyes rounded. It was from this morning!

"Omo omo omo!" I ran out the door, locking the house with the spare key, while dialing Wooyoung's number repeatedly. He has to get there before she leaves!

~~~

Wooyoung's POV

I paced back and forth in the spare bedroom of Taeyang's house. Glancing at the clock constantly. It was now 5:45 am. I cursed under my breath.

She's gone by now...

I sighed. I guess she got mad at me too... Suddenly, my phone rang. I ran to it and looked at the caller ID.

Ji Eun! I quickly answered the phone.

"Yoboseyo?" I asked anxiously.

"Wooyoung!" My shoulders deflated when I realized it wasn't Ji Eun, but Ji Yeon.

"Ji Yeon? What are you don't using Ji Eun's phone? You know she'll--"

"I don't care about that right now. I'm coming to your house. We have to catch up to Ji Eun's flight!" And she hung up. My heart sped up. Locking my eyes on the clock it was now 5:50. Then the door bell rang. I heard Taeyang get the door. I quickly grabbed my coat and followed him.

"Ji Yeon? What are you--" Ji Yeon shook her head.

"No time to explain." Her eyes lit up when she saw me coming.

"Come on!" She dragged me out and I looked at Taeyang, giving him a grateful look and he just smiled. "

Go get her!" And with that Ji Yeon and I hopped into Taeyang's car and drove towards the airport.
~~~

I couldn't take my eyes off the clock. Ji Yeon had to yell at me so I would stop at a red light. It was officially 6:25 when we arrived at the airport. I cursed.

"What time is her flight?"

"6:30. C'mon!" We ran into the airport. There were a lot of people there coming to and from places all over the world. I looked around frantically.

Where is she!?

I scanned the crowd worriedly. What if I missed her?

Then I spotted her. She was heading towards the metal detectors to board the plane. I pointed at her but Ji Yeon was ahead of me. Once we reached the metal detectors, guards stopped us from passing.

"I'm sorry sir. I can't let you pass." One of the burly men said. Wooyoung tried shoving past him but the two guards pulled him away.

"Please! We got to stop someone from boarding the plane!" She protested, pulling on one of the guard's arms.

"Sorry miss. You two would get arrested if you insist more." The other guard said sternly.

I sighed exasperatedly.

I never even got to say goodbye...

~~~

Ji Eun's POV

The intercom announced that the plane to New York was about to take flight. Ms. Bong Cha led me to the metal detectors and put my suitcase on the belt. I was scanned and then the bodyguard that came with us took my luggage. I followed them, my pace slowing. A tear slowly crept down my cheek.

This is it.

The beginning to my Idol journey.

I took a step forward only to hear my name being called. At first I thought I was hallucinating, so I took another step forward. But then I heard it again. I looked around trying to find the source of the voice. I turned to the metal detectors only to find Wooyoung and Ji Yeon waving at me. My stomach was clenching with butterflies. Was it really him?

"Ji Eun!" Wooyoung called which brought me to my senses. I turned to Ms. Bing Cha for approval, and she sighed nodding.

"Make it quick." I instantly ran to them. I passed the guards who looked equally surprised and hugged Wooyoung. He squeezed me and I couldn't stop the streams of tears in my eyes. We stayed like that for a moment until the intercom made another announcement about the flight. I pulled away and stared into Wooyoung's eyes. I could tell that he already understood that what he saw back at the party was a misundertsanding.

"I'll be back...don't worry." I promised him. He nodded and kissed me softly before hugging me again.

"I'll be waiting for you." He whispered to my ear. I let go and quickly hugged Ji Yeon. She handed me my phone.

"Don't forget this." she smiled. I nodded gratefully. Slowly, I pulled my hands away from Wooyoung's fingers until I was walking into the plane to New York.

~~~~

YAY! This is I think probably the second to last chapter! The next one will be the last one (I think).

I will try to update it as soon as possible, maybe tomorrow or next week.

Fighting~~!

 

:)