Getting Close, Step 1.

I Think I Love You...?

On the way home, all her mom could talk about was her trophy.

"Ji Eun! Ji Eun!" she continuously cheered. Ji Eun laughed.

"Aigoo, mom. You've been doing this for the whole ride." Ji Eun said.

~~~~

"Wow, that girl was really good." Taecyeon commented.

"I love her voice!" sad Chansung.

"She's so pretty..." Junsu daydreamed.

"What's her name again?" Junho asked.

"Aish, are you guys ever going to stop? Her name's Ji Eun." Wooyoung replied.

"Ah...Ji Eun..." They all repeated.

"Aigoo..." Wooyoung said, but he tried not to smile. Ji Eun was really good. She really did have a voice. If she didn't have stage fright a few years ago, then she would be the most popular student at that school. But now that she won, what'll happen now? Will she be noticed? Will she get some friends?

"Yah, Wooyoung. You've been quiet, what's up?" Taecyeon asked.

"He's thinking of how he lost to that beautiful Ji Eun!" Chansung began to tease.

"Or he's thinking of how he's going to have a date with her..." Junsu and Junho said together. Chansung smacked both of them.

"Hey! Stop it. Wooyoung. So...what are you thinking of? It's Ji Eun right?" Wooyoung didn't answer.

"It is! Aish! Good thing you guys would be a good couple, or else I would've fought for her from you." Junsu said.

"Okay...I admit...I was thinking of Ji Eun.." the rest of the group cooed.

"Ji Eun and Wooyoung! That could ring!" Junho proclaimed.

"Be Quiet, you guys." Taecyeon scolded. Then to Wooyoung he said, "Yah, invite her to our party Saturday. Maybe you guys can get close or just hang out. "

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"No, I mean why are you helping me getting this girl?" Wooyoung said. Taecyeon paused and then spoke.

"I think it'll help you. You know, find your match. maybe she is for you. The only way to find out is to hang out with her. Is that correct?"

"Yeah, I think it's a good idea. C'mon invite her!" Chansung pleaded.

"Okay, okay. I'll invite her."

~~~

Ji Eun quickly re-braided her hair. And lifted her glasses higher on her nose. She woke up a little late, so she couldn't fix her hair. Once she was done, she exited the bathroom. As soon as she stepped outside of the bathroom, Wooyoung appeared in front of her.

"Hello!" he greeted, but Ji Eun was so startled, that she dropped her books again.

"Aish, not this again." she mumbled and bent down to get her books.

"Oh, sorry about that." Wooyoung said and he bent down to get some books too. They touched each other's hands and looked up at one another. Quickly, Ji Eun pulled her hand away and grabbed her book.  She stood up and said, "So...um...you did a good job yesterday. I forgot to tell you." she said quietly.

"Oh, thanks. You did too. I liked your singing." he said back. Ji Eun's stomach began to fill with butterflies again. There was an awkward silence between them, but Wooyoung cleared his throat.

"Uh, so...we're having a party...on Saturday and I...uh...wanted to know if you would like to come." He said with hands in his pockets. Ji Eun's eyes sprang up.

"We?"

"Yeah, 2PM. Duh." he said like she should've known.

"Oh...I..uh...I can ask, but I doubt I can come...'cause me and my mom...have some--" she stuttered.

"Oh okay. It's fine. But just let me know if you can." he interrupted. Then without saying another word, he left.

As soon as Ji Eun was positive that he had left, she fell down to her knees. A party? Why would he want me to come to a party? But before she could think anything else, he appeared again in front of her.

"Ah, yeah, Here's my number..." he mumbled then left. Shocked, Ji Eun looked at the small piece of paper he had given her. It really was his number! She smiled and put the piece of paper in her pocket. 

 ~~~

When Taecyeon came to pick him up, he asked him, "So, what'd she say?"

"Tch, no. Well, she didn't say 'no', but there's a higher chance that she won't come." Wooyoung explained.

"Ah. Okay. Aw, too bad. I hear that Nickhun will be coming to the party too." Taecyeon said.

"Really? Woah. That's awesome." Wooyoung smiled. He hadn't seen Nickhun siince...his wedding.

"Yeah. And if he finds out that you finally got a girl. He's going to be so impressed." Taesyeon started the car. Hm...Nickhun, impressed? I want to see this.

"Okay. I'll try to convince her." Wooyoung stated.

~~~

Ji Eun ended up staring at the piece of paper given to her. Should she go? Or should she not? She rolled over on her stomach. And if she did go, what was she going to wear? Then she decided to flip a coin. When she was little, and she had problems like this, her father would flip a coin for her. She took a penny from her wallet and flipped. Heads I'll go. Tails I won't. She smacked her hand over the coin and lifted it. Her answer was...