Rumors

Catfish

 Hongbin let out a deep sigh as he looked into the mirror. The black eye that he got because of the fight had become lighter, but it was still visible. It has been a week after the fight and he is going back to school. He couldn’t risk to fall even further behind in his classes. Even though he would rather stay home, he did made himself ready and went to school. Hongbin had visit the doctor a few days ago and the doctor told Hongbin that he didn’t got any serious injuries. He only got some bruises which he could cover up easily, but the black eye was a different story.

When he arrived at school he heard students whisper when he passed by. Hongbin knew this would happen. There were already some rumors going around about him and Wonsik getting into a fight before they got into the actual fight and the fact that they both had injuries  only proved that those rumors are true.

“Did you know Lee Hongbin and Kim Wonsik got into a fight?” Some student that Hongbin didn’t know was talking to her friend
“What, really? What happened?” the other girl said

Hongbin let out a sigh hearing the girls talk about him and Wonsik in front of him. How did they even know their full names?

“I heard they got into a fight after Wonsik broke up with Hongbin. Hongbin got mad and they both got into a fight.”
“I knew it! I knew they were more than just friends. They were always together so it does makes sense that they were in a relationship and broke up. Why else would they stop hanging around each other out of nowhere and both have injuries.”
“I know right.”
“But I feel so sorry for Wonsik, Hongbin broke his arm. If he isn’t happy in a relationship, Hongbin should respect Wonsik’s choices instead of hurting him.”
“True… It’s so mean he did that. Seriously, he deserved so much worse than just a black eye.”
“I agree. I just hope he won’t attack Wonsik again and get over him. It’s not fair that after all the things that happened to Wonsik, that he will end up having a pathetic crazy ex-boyfriend stalking him.”

Hongbin scoffed hearing the girls talk. This totally proves how ridiculous it is when you just blindly believe everything that people tell you. They shouldn’t judge, knowing nothing but the wrong information.

He just let the girls be, commenting won’t change anything at all and beside that he was already by his classroom. When he walked in. All his classmates looked at him, making him feel uneasy. He wasn’t used to this much attention. He took his seat, unpacked his stuff and tried to ignore all those eyes on him. He wondered if Wonsik felt just as uneasy as Hongbin did.

Hongbin looked over at Wonsik, sitting at the other side of the classroom. He looked annoyed as he tried to write something down with his left hand. The pencil flew through the air when it slipped out of Wonsik’s hand. It landed on the ground, only to get picked up by Jaehwan to place it back on Wonsik’s table  and to fall back on the ground again- which was repeated at least ten times in this class.

the time passed by and it was already lunch time. Hongbin just sat down alone at a table, playing with his food. He didn’t felt like eating. He felt guilty for hurting Wonsik and putting him through all those rumors.

“Is this seat free?”
“Yes, it is. You can sit down.” Hongbin said
“That’s nice, but could you help me placing my tray on the table? It was already a hell to carry it with only one hand.”
“W-wonsik…” Hongbin was surprised as he realised the voice belonged to Wonsik. “What are you doing here?”
“I’m here to eat, that is what a canteen is for.” he answered. Hongbin ignored the sarcasm in his answer before taking Wonsik's tray in his hands and placed it on the table


“Does the others know that you’re here?” Hongbin asked as they both sat down
“They don’t know, apart from Jaehwan.” Wonsik said and opened his can of Sprite. “I talked with Jaehwan about it. He gave me some advice and I thought about it for a while. I guess he is right that at the very least you deserve a chance to explain.”
“I see…”
“You know, this week I realised that I can’t live without my best friend. I miss the fun we had and I want that time back, but I can’t. I’m still angry at you and I just can’t trust you anymore.”
“I can understand… I did horrible things. Things that simple won’t get solved by simply saying sorry. I was pretty much confused, I didn’t think straight and hurt everyone else. I feel so horrible. Everyday I want to make it right, but I don’t know how.” Hongbin said and tried to eat something of his food, he still didn’t had much of an appetite.

It became quiet, the two of them ate without saying a word


“Why didn’t you told me?” Wonsik asked after a while. “Why didn’t you told me about your feelings for Sanghyuk?”
“I was scared, scared of what people would think and how they would react. That’s why I haven’t told anyone.” He answered. “I wanted to tell you, but I was sure you wouldn’t understand anything about it. I also thought that you would made those bold remarks like you did last week, like you don’t have any respect.”

 

Wonsik looked at him with wide eyes.

“I… I never meant to hurt you or anyone else with the things I said. I just didn’t realize it… And I’m sorry that I hurt you with the things I said.”

“I realize you didn’t know you hurt me with those words. You are the straightest person I have ever met, but still you should not have made those remarks. You do realise that, because of the things you said, it was harder for me to tell you the truth? I was afraid that I would lose my best friend just because I’m gay.”
“I understand, now I think about it. I probably wouldn’t have told it either if I were you.”
“By the time that Sanghyuk came out, no one treated him different. The thing was that I was already caught in a web of my own lies, so I just couldn’t do that… I didn’t knew what to do anymore...” Hongbin said and took a deep breath. “I regret this so much, I hate myself for hurting everyone. I want everything to be like how it was before, but I know that can’t happen in a few days. Everyone needs their time and I completely understand if our friendship isn’t going to be how it used to be. I’m already glad you wanted to listen to me.”

“I do want to start over, but I need some time before we can do that. The trust I had for you is all gone and it will take some time to come back. I just hope after I start to trust you again, that we can go back to be best friends.”

“I understand. I will wait.” Hongbin said and smiled a little

The two continued to eat in silence until Wonsik broke the silence.

“By the way, whats with all those students thinking we broke up? We weren’t even dating.” Wonsik said
“I don’t even know… people are weird.” Hongbin said
“Well at least I’m glad they say I “broke up”. Now I don’t got the image of the poor broken soul.” Wonsik laughed
“Poor broken soul? Pathetic crazy ex-boyfriend you mean. I started the fight, according to the rumor.”

“I’m sorry for giving you that black eye.” Wonsik said when their laughter died down

It’s okay, I deserved it. I’m sorry for breaking your collarbone and that I made a mess of you house.”
“You don’t have to apologize for that mess, we did that together.”


They finished their food before they went back to their last classes. Hongbin felt a bit better now that he was able to talk to Wonsik without getting into a fight. Maybe it wasn’t that bad to make up with the others.


Authors note: Okay... so I thought I was able to update weekly but I can't promise you that, I just started the third week of my internship (my intern lasts 6 months) and even though I only sit on a chair behind a pc, It does make me tired. I have to travel 1,5 hour (walking, sitting in a tram, sitting in another tram and walking) that takes alot of energy, then also the thinking I have to do when designing stuff takes my energy and then after 8 hours of work I have to go back home, which is another 1,5 hour on my way. That five times a week and in the weekend I work one day from 9am  till 6pm and sometimes another day 3 hours. I'm seriously am working 6 or 7 days a week. So I guess you could understand I'm pretty tired and barly got any free time at all... Other than that I do enjoy the place I got my internship, they are nice and I already designed different kind of things which is fun! 

I just wanted to let you know this. I will try to update as soon as I can. Also thanks so much for the subscribes and comments. I really apprisiate it! I also saw I got 87 subscribers for this fanfic. Seriously you have no idea how happy I am! Thank you so much! To behonest I never thought this fanfic would get so manny subs! so thank you! thank you!!

I hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm going to sleep now, so goodnight for now~