Forgiven But Not Forgotten

Catfish

Weeks passed by and Sanghyuk started to feel better each passing day. He was able clear his mind and move on from everything that had happened the past year. Even though his feelings got crushed and one of his friends betrayed him by playing with his feelings. Sanghyuk believed that in the end he had become a stronger person.

Marshmallow did help him a lot to get through this all and Sanghyuk was thankful for that. He was glad he felt better and this fact didn’t go un-noticed by his hyungs. They would keep telling him how glad they are Sanghyuk is doing so well and how they missed his smile and how he would joke around with his hyungs. 

He was able to pick up his life again, because of his broken heart he hadn’t pay any attention at school and didn’t bother to make his homework. Sanghyuk had failed some tests and his grades had dropped. The teachers were pretty surprised of this, Sanghyuk has skipped a few years because he was so hard working and smart. When he still felt down, he had one-sided conversations with the teachers. Sanghyuk didn’t answer when the teacher ask him why he doesn’t make his homework or what’s the reason his grades dropped from straight A’s to F’s. Some of his teachers even asked if there was something wrong at home, if he was getting abused or something. But little did those teachers know that he lives on his own. Hakyeon was the one who stood up for him and told the teachers that they shouldn’t worry too much and that Hakyeon was looking after him. Sanghyuk was glad his hyung stood up for him, he hated all the attention he got. Back then he just wanted to be alone, no nagging or annoying people trying to get answers to questions Sanghyuk didn’t wanted to answer. 

“Hakyeon-hyung.” Sanghyuk said
“Hm?” Hakyeon hummed to let Sanghyuk that he got his attention

Both of them were in the living room. Hakyeon was sitting on the couch, reading a magazine about fashion and cosmetics. Sanghyuk sat down on the ground as he played with Marshmallow. 
“I think I will talk to Hongbin.” 
“Wait, what?” Hakyeon said as he put his magazine down and looked at Sanghyuk
“I have been thinking about it a lot lately.” Sanghyuk said and paused for a moment. “I have moved on.”
“Isn’t it too soon to pay him a visit?”
“Hyung, I’m ready to talk to him.”
“If you say so…” Hakyeon said doubtfully. “Do you want me to go with you? I can support you.”
“You don’t have to. I need to do this on my own.”
“Oh…”
“Don’t worry hyung. I’ll be fine.”
“Are you sure? You have been crying each day for a month. I don’t want you to struggle with that again.”
“I know, but I will be fine. Really, don’t worry so much. So much worrying isn’t good for your old heart.”
“Yah, who’s heart are you calling old.”
“Yours.”

Hakyeon let out a sighed. 

“When will you go to talk to him?”
“As soon as possible.” Sanghyuk answered
“Can you promise me when something happens you call me, so I can come to pick you up.”
“I promise.” 
“Good.”

Hakyeon smiled at Sanghyuk before he continued to read the article about the top ten best hand crème. Even though Hakyeon tried to stop showing how worried he is, Sanghyuk knows that his hyung is still worrying like crazy. 

Sanghyuk took his phone from his pocket and opened Kakao to send Hongbin a message. Even though he was mad at him, Sanghyuk didn’t delete Hongbin’s number.

Han Sanghyuk:  Hi, I was wondering if you wanted to talk about everything that had happened between us. I have thought a lot lately and I really want to talk to you. – Sanghyuk. 

Sanghyuk read his message a few times before he pressed send. All he had to do was wait for a reply.

-

“So you guys are together?” Hongbin asked Jaehwan and Wonsik who sat in front of him on the couch while holding each other’s hand
“We are together for 25 days.” Jaehwan said happily
“So I guess I was right after all.” 
“What do you mean? Did I miss something?” Wonsik asked confused
“Jaehwan compared you to a ruler, saying you’re as straight as one. I told him rulers could always bend.”
“Hongbin! Don’t say that… it’s embarrassing.” Jaehwan said while blushing madly
“He really said that?” Wonsik asked
“He really said that.” Hongbin confirmed
“Cute.” Wonsik said and smiled

The day after the day that Jaehwan kissed Wonsik and they talked it out. Wonsik had decided to give Jaehwan a chance. Ever since they have been on lots of different dates and shared their time together at either Wonsik’s or Jaehwan’s house. Wonsik felt himself fall for Jaehwan every passing day, but he still didn’t said “I love you.” to Jaehwan. Jaehwan respected that Wonsik needs his time to figure out his feelings and Wonsik was glad that Jaehwan doesn’t rush him, instead Jaehwan always asked if it was okay if he kissed him and when Wonsik allowed him to do so, Jaehwan would kiss him softly and carefully like he is made of porcelain.

“I’m so happy for the both of you.” Hongbin said. “Does the others know about you two?”
“No, not yet. You’re the first.” Wonsik said
“Aww, I feel special.”
“Of course you are special. You’re the reason Wonsik and I are together. Without you we wouldn’t be happy together. So thank you so much.”
“No need to thank me. If there is someone who needs to say “Thank you.” than that would be me. Hyung, thank you for giving me a chance and thank you for giving me a push to the right way. Without you I wouldn’t have been able to make up with the others.”Hongbin said. "And Wonsik, I'm still so sorry that I broke your collarbone."
"Don't worry about, it's all healed." Wonsik said.
 
Just when Hongbin wanted to protest, his phone buzzed. Hongbin took his phone from the coffee table and unlocked his screen.
 
"I got a message from Sanghyuk." He said, looking at his screen.
"Really? What did he say?" Jaehwan asked excitedly.
"He wants to talk to me." Hongbin said while reading the message.
"What are you waiting for? Reply already."
 
Lee Hongbin: Hi, I never thought that you would want to talk to me... so um... when do you want to meet up?
Han Sanghyuk: Actually, I'm already at your front door... I just really want to talk to you... I hope you got time.
 
"He is already at the front door.” Hongbin said surprised.
"Oh shoot, I totally forgot... I need to buy some..." Jaehwan paused for a moment as he was looking around, trying to spot something that he could use as an excuse. "Duct tape, yeah, I need to buy some duct tape."
"Duct tape? What are you talking about? You still have duct tape in the upper drawer of the kitchen counter." Wonsik said. He knew this because he used it a few days ago. He had to repear his headphone that had split into half at the top.
"Hush Wonsik, don't you see I'm trying to make up an excuse to leave?"
 
Jaehwan was whispering, but still loud enough for Hongbin to hear. Hongbin shook his head and laughed as he stood up and walked towards the door. When he arrived there he opened it.
 
"Hi." Sanghyuk greeted with a sheepish smile on his face.
"Hi, come in." Hongbin said and let the younger in. They both walked into the living room, where Wonsik and Jaehwan were still talking to each other.
"Oh hi, Jaehwan-hyung, Wonsik-hyung. You're here too." Sanghyuk said surprised. He had no idea that Hongbin had contact with the others.
"That's right, but we need to go. Wonsik and I need to buy some duct tape." Jaehwan said and began to walk out of the room.
"Yeah... we have to go. Bye bye. Also, thanks for the drink Hongbin." Ravi said as he followed Jaehwan to the front door.
"You know I never thought that you wanted to talk to me again." Hongbin said after they heard the front door of the apartment close.
"I guess I just needed some time to myself. And well... the more I thought about it the more I began to wonder why you did this." Sanghyuk said.
"I think it's best to take a seat, it will be a long story." Hongbin explained and walked over to the couch, Sanghyuk followed and they both took a seat.
 
"I have been loving you for three years. Back then, I just realized that I had feelings for you. At first it was weird, but I accepted that fact. Of course back then I wasn't sure if you would be interested in guys, but later I found out that you weren't since you got yourself a girlfriend. I got so heartbroken that I bought some alcohol and got drunk. With my drunken mind, I made a fake profile on Facebook and wanted to add you, but before I could I passed out. After that day, I had not touched the profile, until last year. I just felt so unhappy after we got back from clubbing, the alcohol and you dancing with those girls triggered me to sign in on that Facebook account and send you a friend request. I never thought that you would accept me, but when you did I soon realized that you were talking so differently to Hyeonwoo than how you usually would talk to me. That, and the way you were worrying about me made me fall for you even more. All I wanted was to be able to flirt with you without you feeling disgusted. But then you fell for Hyeonwoo and then I realized that sooner or later I would hurt you. So I decided to try and ignore you, hoping you would just forget about him, but instead you began to miss him and got upset. Eventually there was no other choice, but to tell the truth.”
 
Hongbin looked at Sanghyuk. He finally felt okay to look at him while he was talking.
 
"After you knew the truth, the others knew too and began to look down on me. All except from Jaehwan, he texted me and wanted to talk to me. He was also the one who pushed me into the right direction and made me talk to the others. Wonsik and I had a fight, but we later made up. I guess that after the fight and rebuilding our friendship, it became even stronger. I then talked to Taekwoon. He said he wasn't angry, but he is disappointed in everything that I have done. So I guess it will be all right between Taekwoon and me in the future. However, Hakyeon probably won't forgive me for this. And I understand why, I wouldn't forgive myself too. I was stupid and I really hurt you. I still regret it so much and I'm so sorry."
 
Hongbin kept looking at Sanghyuk, trying to read how Sanghyuk was feeling and what his reaction would be.
 
"I forgive you, but I won't forget what you have done." Sanghyuk said after a minute of silence. "Like what I said before, I have thought a lot about it. When I got to know the truth I had to get used to so many things. One of those things was the chatting we did every day. I really missed it as well as I did miss the attention I got from you. And now when I think back of those times, it doesn't hurt anymore. It even makes me feel warm inside and well... I think I'm still in love, but with you."
 
Hongbin's eyes widened when he heard the last words that Sanghyuk said. He never thought that Sanghyuk would forgive him and that he even would fall in love with him. Hongbin tried to say something, but no words came out.
 
"Whenever I think of Hyeonwoo, it's your face that flashes through my mind." Sanghyuk said, as he looked Hongbin straight in the eyes. "I love you."
"I-I love you too." Hongbin stuttered. "I'm still so sorry... you're too sweet and I don't deserve someon-" He got cut off.
 
Hongbin's eyes widened when he felt Sanghyuk's lips on his own. The younger did so to shut him up. When Sanghyuk leaned back and broke the kiss, Hongbin could feel his cheeks heat up.
 
"I don't want to hear your apologies. I said that I forgive you, so stop saying you're sorry."
"I'm sorry."
"Now you're doing it again." Sanghyuk said and let out a chuckle before he pressed his lips against Hongbin's forehead. "Hongbin-hyung, I was wondering if you still feel the same way towards me... Would you want to be my boyfriend?"
"Of course I want to." Hongbin said and smiled before he kissed Sanghyuk passionately on his lips.


Authors Note: Hello~ I have returned! I'm sorry it took a while, but hey, I finished everything and now if summer vacation!! Also I hope that this fluffy chapper made it up to the three months not updating this story :D