The Beginning Of A New Journey Together

Catfish

“A cheer on us!” Hakyeon said while holding a bottle of banana milk up in the air.

The others soon followed by holding their drinks up. Taekwoon raised his cup of late, Jaehwan raised a cup with chocolate milk and Wonsik and Sanghyuk held a can of Coca Cola.

“Cheers!”

The five of them just graduated from school and were sitting in a circle on a blanket on the ground in front of their school. It was around summer so it wasn’t cold at all.

“I can’t believe this is really the last day of school. I will miss this place.” Hakyeon said before taking a sip of his drink. “What are you guys planning to do after summer?”
“Wonsik and I will continue studying.” Jaehwan answered. “But we don’t really know what.”
“Will start my own cafe.” Taekwoon said.
“And you Sanghyuk?” Hakyeon asked when he noticed Sanghyuk staring absently into the distends. “Sanghyuk?”
“Huh? What?” Sanghyuk asked confused.
“What are you planning to do after the summer vacation? Are you continue to study?”
“I don’t know.” Sanghyuk answered and sighed. “Maybe I will just start working. I don’t really feel like studying.”
“Wouldn’t that be a waste? I mean, you’re really smart. You’re the youngest who followed this course and made it till the end!” Jaehwan said. “You even made it possible for this air head to pass his English exam.”
“Hey!” Wonsik said, letting his boyfriend know he was offended.
“You know, I still love you.”

Sanghyuk knew Jaehwan was right. It would be a waste if he stops studying. He was indeed the youngest who ever graduated from this course and his English was the best of his class. That was why he was able to help Wonsik, since he was able to explain everything. He remembered how Jaehwan begged him to tutor Wonsik English, so he wouldn’t fail. It was such a hard time to do so. Wonsik’s English was really bad, even worse than Sanghyuk thought it would be and it made him wonder how in the world Wonsik was able to even survive in Europe last summer. Sanghyuk had to start off with the basics since Wonsik kept messing up. However, Sanghyuk succeeded and Wonsik passed with 65%.

“I know, but  just don’t feel like studying anymore. I want to do something with my life. I want to see the world, become famous, start my own business or something. I want to do anything but spending years in a school building.” Sanghyuk said.
“You know, something tells me that this has to do something with Hongbin and his photography career.” Hakyeon said and narrowed his eyes.
“Maybe it does. It’s just so unfair that he’s in America for his career and I have to stay at home. Also he promised me to be here on my graduation, but he is nowhere to be found.”
“You got a hard time, don’t you? Now that Hongbin is becoming a famous photographer.”
“A hard time is an understatement, hyung.”Sanghyuk said and sighed. “I guess I will just go home. Have fun.” With that he stood up and left the others. He decided to walk back home, he didn’t really feel like waiting for the bus.

When he arrived at his apartment he was greeted by Marshmallow, who happily mewed. He kicked off his shoes before he walked into the living room. He threw his graduation paper on the small coffee table and then plopped down on the couch. Of course he was glad he passed his exams, but his mood dropped completely when he didn’t see Hongbin at all at his graduation ceremony. The older had become a famous International photographer, photographing new models to artists such as Celine Dion and Linkin Park. Sanghyuk was really happy for his boyfriend, but he needs some attention every once in awhile.

Sanghyuk was completely in his own thoughts, that he didn’t notice Marshmallow to walk back to the front door to greet the person who was letting himself in.

“A sulking boyfriend and a messy apartment… That sure is a warm welcome everyone wants to have when you have been apart for so many months.”

Sanghyuk got up quickly when he heard Hongbin’s voice.

“You’re here!”
“Of course I am. Did you think I wouldn’t come to see you?”
“Well you weren’t at my graduation ceremony…”
“I know… and I’m sorry about that. My flight got delayed and then my bus as well. When I arrived at the bus stop I ran to school with my suitcase, only to find out you already went home.”

Sanghyuk smiled due to the fact that his boyfriend did his best to arrive as soon as he could at school.

“I missed you.” Sanghyuk said and hugged Hongbin.
“I missed you too, Sanghyukkie.” Hongbin said and then kissed Sanghyuk’s forehead.
“Can’t I go with you? I can be your assistant or something. I just don’t want to be alone for so long.”
“What about your study? Shouldn’t you keep studying?”
“You’re the one to talk, drop out.” Sanghyuk said and chuckled. “But seriously, I want to go with you. Continue to study feels like I throw away years of my life and that only for some paper with a signature. I want to see the world and most importantly I want to be with you.”
“If that will make you happy then I won’t stop you.” Hongbin said and smiled. “Beside that, we would be able to see each other more often if we move to America together and we could take Marshmallow with us too. How does that sound to you? Would you like to move to America with me and get our own house?”
“That sounds amazing!” Sanghyuk said happily. “I love you.”
“I love you too.”

Hongbin leaned in and pressed his lips on Sanghyuk’s. Hongbin kissed him softly until his phone rang and ruined the moment. They broke the kiss and Hongbin let out an annoyed sigh before answering his phone.

“Hello, Lee Hongbin is speaking.” Hongbin said before covering the microphone of his phone with his hand. “It’s my boss.” Hongbin told Sanghyuk before he removed his hand from the microphone and began to talk to his boss in English. “Hello sir. How are you doing?”

Sanghyuk look at Hongbin as he spoke fluently in English. those months he working in America sure made him improve in the English language.

“I’m fine… I just arrived in Korea an hour ago… Yes, I had a good flight… I have to come back right now?... Wait, really? You want me to shoot pictures of Lady Gaga for her new album? That’s so amazing!”

Sanghyuk’s eyes widen when he heard the name of the famous popstar He knew that hongbin took pictures of artists, but he thought t were just those artists that weren’t that famous.

“I understand. I will book a flight to America right away. Oh and sir, I will taking my assistant with me.” Hongbin said as he looked at Sanghyuk and smiled at him. “He is really amazing and I can work very well with him. So don’t worry about it. We will see you soon.”

With that the call was ended.

“Seems like we’re going to America very soon.” Hongbin said. “Go pack your suitcase. In the main while I will book the flights and hotel room.”
“What about Marshmallow?”
“I’m afraid there isn’t a hotel that allow pets in the rooms.”
“Oh…”
“We’re not leaving her behind. When we are in America and we have free time, we will look for an apartment. Once we moved in together we will comeback to Korea and pick her and other important stuff up.”
“Okay, that’s fine. As long as we come back to pick her up.”

Sanghyuk began to pack his suitcase a few minutes later. Filling it with all the stuff he needed like: clothing, toothpaste and toothbrush, shampoo, etc. When he was done packing he weighted his suitcase ten times just to make sure his suitcase wasn’t too heavy. After that he called his parents to let them know about his plans. They were surprised to hear it and they were sad that they won’t be able to see their son that often. However, they didn’t try stop him and supported his decision. When he finished his phone call with his parents he called all his friends one by one to tell them the news. Some were more emotional than the others.

The time passed and before they knew it was 4:00am. Friends and family were there to say goodbye. Sanghyuk’s mother was already crying in the arms of his father. Jaehwan was trying to stay strong while Wonsik rubbed small circles on the back of Jaehwan’s hand that he was holding. Hakyeon was sobbing, saying that he would miss them. Taekwoon was holding Marshmallow in his arms and patted it. Although he didn’t showed it, Sanghyuk knew Teakwoon was feeling sad too.

“It’s not like this is the last time we see each other. We will comeback to get our stuff once we found an apartment and we will visit you when we got a holiday.” Sanghyuk tried to give a pep talk to make the others and himself feel less sad about the goodbye.
“It’s time, we need to check in.” Hongbin said as he placed a hand on Sanghyuk’s shoulder.

Sanghyuk nodded and then stepped forward to his parents.

“I will miss you so much.” Sanghyuk said and hugged his mother and father.
“We will miss you too.” His father said after they released each other from the hug.
“Make sure to call us, text us everyday and share everything you did.” His mother said still in tears.
“I will.” Sanghyuk said. “I love you.”
“We love you too.”

Sanghyuk gave them both one last hug and kiss before he moved on to his hyungs.

“Take good care of yourself and each other. I’m going to miss you and we will stay in contact.” Sanghyuk said and opened his arms for a group hug.

The others wrapped their arms around each other, pulling each other close in a group hug.

“Stay safe, eat  healthy, go to bed on time, don’t forget to wash your feet everyday.” Hakyeon began to name things between his sobs.
“Hyung don’t worry. I will be fine. I got Hongbin, he will take care of me and I will take care of him.” Sanghyuk said and then turned to Wonsik. “Since I won’t be in person with the group for a while, I will give my title as maknae to you when you all meet together in person. So make sure to annoy the hyungs.”
“I will do my best.” Wonsik said and chuckled.

Sanghyuk then moved on to marshmallow and patted her head softly.

“I will miss you too Marshmallow. Don’t chase too much trouble at Taekwoon-hyung’s apartment while staying there. Be a good girl until I get back to pick you up.”

Marshmallow mewed sadly, like she was telling how much she would miss him.

“Goodbye everyone. Take care and we will stay in contact.” Sanghyuk said before taking his luggage and walked away with Hongbin.
“Are you okay?” Hongbin asked
“No, but I will feel better in a few hours I guess.” Sanghyuk said and wiped the tears away that were rolling down his cheeks. “As long as I’m with you, I will be fine.”

Hongbin wrapped an arm around Sanghyuk and pulled him close.

“You’re such a cutie.”

Sanghyuk smiled, he was glad everything turned out well. Even though some things were though to get through and not everything is going to be forgotten. In the end he was glad things went the way they did. It made him a better person and helped him to get to know himself better. Being with Hongbin is something he wants and making a new start in America was just the beginning of their new journey together.

 


Authors Note: Here it is the last chapter of Catfish! 'm kinda sad that it ended... Anyways I hope you enjoyed this fanfic just as much as I enjoyed writting it! Now this one is finished I will concentrate on 26 Letters 26 Chances and maybe I will start another Fanfic as well very soon. I also got some one shots in planning so stay turned! Thank you all for reading Catfish, I really appresiate it! Thank you all for the upvotes, subs and comments! It means a lot to me! Thank you!