Broken Soul

Catfish

“Sanghyuk? I made some breakfast and your favorite tea.” Hakyeon said as he stepped into the guest room, where Sanghyuk was staying

“I’m sorry hyung… I’m not that hungry.” the younger answered

 

Sanghyuk had been like this since the moment he found out that Hongbin was catfishing him. He didn’t want to do anything but stay in bed under the blankets. This worried Hakyeon sick, he had never seen his dongsaeng like this before.

 

“At least try to eat a little.” Hakyeon said. “Do you want me to bring it to your room or are you going to eat it with me in the kitchen?”
“Can you bring it to me?”

“Of course.”

 

Hakyeon walked to his kitchen and took the plate filled with food and the cup of tea from the kitchen table. It already has been more than a month since Sanghyuk stayed at his apartment. Hakyeon tried his best to do everything to make his dongsaeng feel better, but it didn’t help at all. Sanghyuk was still broken and often cried himself to sleep.

 

Hakyeon placed the cup and plate on the nightstand that was standing next to the bed before he walked over to the window to open the curtains. He then walked back to the bed, pulled the blankets down and help Sanghyuk to sit against the wall.

 

“Here is your tea.” Hakyeon said and handed it over to Sanghyuk

“Thanks.” Sanghyuk said softly, taking the cup from Hakyeon and held it in his hands

 

Sanghyuk still looked like a mess. He looked pale and had black circles under his eyes that were red because of crying. He didn’t spoke a lot and when he did he would talk softly.

 

“I put your breakfast on the night stand, make sure you eat something.” Hakyeon said and patted Sanghyuk’s hair. “If you need me, I’ll be in the kitchen.” Hakyeon said and walked to the door, but got stopped by Sanghyuk calling out

“Hakyeon-hyung.”

 

Hakyeon hummed in response

 

“I’m sorry for being a bother… I…”

“You are not a bother, don’t say things like that. You can stay as long as you want.”

“Thanks hyung… I appreciate it.”

“No need to thank me. You mean a lot to me and I’m glad that I can help you.”

 

Sanghyuk smiled a little before he took a sip of his tea. Hakyeon then turned around, walked back into the kitchen, took a seat and began to eat his own breakfast. It always went like this in the morning. Sanghyuk would eat breakfast on his bed and Hakyeon would eat it at the kitchen table. It was worse in the first two weeks. Sanghyuk didn’t eat at all, wouldn’t leave his room and would just cry all day long. Hakyeon let out a sigh before he scooped a spoonful of cereals and put it in his mouth. He felt so sorry for Sanghyuk and wished for so many times that he could just take Sanghyuk’s pain away.

 

Hakyeon just ate half of his breakfast when he heard soft sobs coming from the guest room. Placing his spoon in the bowl, he stood up from his chair and rushed to Sanghyuk. When Hakyeon got into the room he saw Sanghyuk sitting against the wall with his legs pulled up, his face resting on his knees and hidden between his arms. Hakyeon walked towards him and sat down next to the younger. He pulled him close into a hug while rubbing circles on Sanghyuk’s back.

 

“I-I don’t want to… feel like this… anymore.” Sanghyuk sobbed

“It will take some time, but you will be able to move on and until then I’m here for you.” Hakyeon said “You don’t have to see him anymore. I will make sure you won’t see him.”

 

Hakyeon kept trying to calm down Sanghyuk until the younger got so tired of crying that he fell asleep in Hakyeon's embrace. It wasn’t the first time the younger had cried until he was completely tired out. He softly placed Sanghyuk on the bed and pulled the blanket over him. Hakyeon Sanghyuk through his hair, before he took the plate and cup from the nightstand and went back to the kitchen. Sanghyuk didn't touch any of the food and only drunk the half of his cup of thee.

 

He placed the plate and cup he was holding on the kitchen counter before continuing his own breakfast, but got interupted by the doorbell. He walked towards the door and opened it, only to close it again.

 

“Hyung, can we please talk? It doesn’t have to be here in your apartment.” Hongbin said as he placed his foot between the door, not easily giving up. “I want to set things right.”

“Aren’t you a little too late with that?” Hakyeon said as he tried to push the door shut, not caring that Hongbin’s foot could get hurt

“Hyung please, give me a chance.”

“No, I’m not giving you another chance.”

“Hyung listen, I was wrong. I screwed up and did horrible things. I feel terrible and I wish I would have seen my mistakes earlier.” Hongbin began as he kept trying to push the door open, while at the other side of the door Hakyeon would just try to push it shut.

 

After a while Hakyeon felt his arms getting sore. He literally used all his strength he had for the ten minutes that passed and it surprised him that he could keep it up for that long since Hongbin is much stronger than himself. Hakyeon couldn’t push the door anymore and before he knew it Hongbin had stepped into the hall.

 

“I know you just kept trying to push my door open because it's easier to talk without a door shut in your face, but I don’t want you in my house and I don’t want to talk to you.” Hakyeon said with a tone in his voice which sounded intimidating and scary. “Sanghyuk is here and I don’t want him to see you or talk to you. For crying out loud, you don’t even know how broken he is because of the things you did!”

“I didn’t visit you to see Sanghyuk. I’m here because I want to talk to you.”

“There is nothing to talk about.”

“But, hyung…”

“Can you just leave my house before Sanghyuk sees you?”

“Hakyeon-hyung?” Sanghyuk’s voice could be heard through the apartment “Who is it you’re talking to? You woke…” Sanghyuk stopped mid-sentence

 

Hakyeon turned around to see Sanghyuk standing in the hallway. Sanghyuk’s eyes widened when he saw Hongbin standing next to Hakyeon.

 

“What is he doing here?” Sanghyuk asked

 


Authors Note: So were getting closer to the end of this fanficion. I guess it will be two - five more chapters from now on. thank you all for reading and comenting and the subscribs! Also I'm sorry for the clif hanger