Confession

Catfish

Sanghyuk walked happily to his apartment. He was glad that Jaehwan was so supportive about him being gay. The last thing he wanted was to get judged because of his uality, it was already difficult enough for himself. So this really means a lot to him. It even encouraged him to tell the others and even to confess to Hyeonwoo. If only he knew how to say it to everyone else.  

When he arrived at his apartment he plopped down on the couch after he took a notebook and a pen.

"Hyeonwoo I have to tell you something, I'm gay." he said to himself while writing it down but thore the paper of the notebook and made a ball of it. "No... that’s too sudden"

"I have this friend and he told me he has feelings for his best friend but doesn't know what to do. I don't know any advice for him. Maybe you can help" Sanghyuk read out loud. "No... this is too predictable..."

He wrote down other options on how to confess but he wasn't pleased with any. He wanted to let him know how he feels but he doesn’t want to lose his friend. This sure was frustrated. How could this be so difficult? Why is it his friend he’s falling for? It's tough to deal with those feelings, especially when you don’t really know how to express them to others.

Sanghyuk let out a deep sigh, he just had to do this. If he didn’t he would go crazy, it would be better for him if he just get answers. If Hyeonwoo doesn’t feel the same, he would just move on and hope they still will be friends. Or it would turn out Hyeonwoo feels the same, until now Sanghyuk still had no idea of Hyeonwoo’s ual orientation. Sanghyuk took his phone out of his pocket and began to type down a message.

Han Sanghyuk: Hi How are you?

Sanghyuk pressed the send button, soon after he got a reply

Kim Hyeonwoo: Hi~ I’m fine how are you?
Han Sanghyuk: I’m fine, I just got some things on my mind…
Kim Hyeonwoo: Do you want to talk about it?

Han Sanghyuk: Have you ever fallen in love with someone you can’t have?

It stays quiet on the other side for a while, making Sanghyuk nervous. What if he scared him away with his question? What if Hyeonwoo already knew where this was going to and he doesn’t want to be part of Sanghyuk’s life?

Sanghyuk let out another sigh, slamming his head against the wall and looking up at the ceiling. The nerves were killing him on the inside. His heart felt like it could explode any moment. He felt like he couldn’t breathe, like all the oxygen has been out his apartment. Damn he even felt like crying. He was afraid. Afraid of rejection. Afraid of losing his friend. Afraid of everything that could happen. He just didn’t know what to do anymore. The nerves had become too much as the tears fell down his cheeks. He felt pathetic, crying like some high school girl, over a guy that turns out to be his online best friend.

He wanted to beat himself up, to beat some sense into his pathetic mind. He hit the back of his head a few more times against the wall. He let out a hiss in pain, his hands making their way to his hair, grasping his hair in his fists. He let out a frustrated scream as more tears rolled down his cheeks. He looked at his phone but still no reply.

Frustrated he threw the thing to the other side of the room. A loud bang could be heard when his phone hits the wall at the other side of the living room, followed by another bang as it hits the ground. Within ten seconds he could hear loud knocking, it came from his neighbor. Sanghyuk never liked her to begin with. His neighbor always complained when Sanghyuk was too loud and then would hit her ceiling with a broom to warn him.

"Seriously, shut the up with that stupid broom." he said annoyed before he stomped over to his phone to pick it up.

He looked at the screen, seeing a big crack over the surface. He let out another sigh as he felt more pathetic. He broke his phone's screen because of his frustration and probably gets into a fight with his neighbor again. Not liked he cared anyway, she always complained about Sanghyuk. And also her kids always made more noise than he and his friends made, so he just ignores her complaining.

Wondering if his phone still worked, he lit up the screen and touches the touchscreen. And just then a message popped up.

Kim Hyeonwoo: Sorry for the late reply, I forgot to get my rice of the stove... it kinda burned...
Han Sanghyuk: Ah I see...
Kim Hyeonwoo: About your question... well I have fallen in love before with someone who I never could call mine.
Han Sanghyuk: How did you deal with it?
Kim Hyeonwoo: I just confessed. Sometimes you just need to take the risk you know.
Han Sanghyuk: I see...
Kim Hyeonwoo: Are there more things bothering you? You kinda act not like yourself.

Sanghyuk just looked at the screen, re-reading the message. Hyeonwoo really was able to read him like some open book. Maybe he should just say it. Hyeonwoo was right after all, sometimes you need to take the risk.

Han Sanghyuk: I like you more than a friend.

The moment he sent the message, he turned his phone off. He did it, he confessed. The weight of all the nerves about confessing fell off his shoulders only to make room for worry and the fears of getting rejected.


Authors note: I'm so sorry it took so long for me to update. I kinda had a writersblock and other things came in between AKA LR!! So yeah I had to recover from that for a few days xD so yeah I try to upload as soon as possible but I'm not sure since school will start soon again.