Let's Continue

Catfish

“You made up with Wonsik?” Jaehwan asked

“I guess so… he wants to be friends again, but he needs time.” Hongbin answered

 

When Hongbin told Jaehwan that he will continue to try to set things right, the two of them decided to meet at the biologic smoothie bar.

 

“That’s great.” Jaehwan said happily and took a sip of his smoothie.

“Who do you think I should talk to next? I'm scared to talk to any of them, to be honest.” Hongbin asked and looked down at his own smoothie.

“I had a feeling you would be scared.” Jaehwan said and thought about his answer. “I think Taekwoon-hyung should be the next person.”

“Taekwoon-hyung… are you sure about that?”

“He might look intimidating, but if you’re lucky his roommate will open the door. Besides, it’s way too soon to face Sanghyuk or Hakyeon-hyung.”

“You’re right.” Hongbin said and sighed. “Sanghyuk doesn’t want to see me and Hakyeon-hyung would kill me alive for hurting Sanghyuk and Wonshik.”

“You do know that after Taekwoon-hyung you have to face Hakyeon-hyung? It’s the best if Sanghyuk would be the last one you will talk to.”

“I know...”

 

They both drunk from their smoothies in silence, while some bubbly pop song played softly in the background.

 

“How are things going with the mysterious guy?” Hongbin asked after a while, causing Jaehwan to blush

“W-w-why are you asking that so out of the blue?”

“Well… we always talk about me and think of solutions for my problems, but we never talk about you… and since you’re helping me, maybe I can help you with this mysterious guy.”

“I doubt it. Like I told you before, he is as straight as a ruler that can’t bend.”

“How do you know that so sure?”

“Just when you look at him, his whole personality and appearance shouts out “straight”. We would never become a couple, so don’t use your energy to try and help me.” Jaehwan said with a sad smile on his face

“I’m sorry I didn’t want you to feel upsat.”

“It’s okay. I just have to get over him, but I don’t know if I can.”

 

The two didn’t said anything for a while until Hongbin broke the silence.

 

“Maybe it sounds silly, but can’t you just kiss him? If he rejects, you can move on, if not the two of you can get together.”

“What!” Jaehwan said, his eyes wide of surprise because of the bold advice he just got from Hongbin. “I can’t do that! We’re friends and things won’t only be awkward for us but also for our whole group!“ Jaehwan said really fast.

“Wait a minute… you like someone of our group of friends?” Hongbin asked, he knew Jaehwan didn’t have another close group of friends.

Jaehwan blushed madly as he realised he just said all the information that makes it easier to discover who he likes.

“And he is as very straight…” Hongbin continued and looked at Jaehwan. “It’s Wonsik, isn’t it?”

Jaehwan nodded slowly, knowing there is nothing left to hide. He bit on his own bottom lip and looked away when he felt a tear drop roll down his cheek.

“I’m sorry, I should had stop talking about it.” Hongbin said as he noticed the oddly quiet behavior from Jaehwan.
“No… it’s okay…” Jaehwan said and wiped his tears away with the back of his hands. “No need to apologize. You’re right, I should make a move.”
“Hyung, you know I’m here for you. You don’t need to bottle up your feelings.” Hongbin said and stoked his hand over Jaehwan’s arm in a comforting way. Jaehwan smiled a little and nodded.

They both continued to drink their smoothies, while talking about happy things, before they said goodbye and went their own way.

Later in the afternoon, Hongbin went to Taekwoon’s apartment. He knew that Taekwoon and his roommate would be home around that time. He rang the doorbell and Taekwoon’s room mate, Kiseop, opened the door and let Hongbin in.

“I didn’t knew Taekwoon-hyung would have someone over today.” Kiseop said as they walked into the living room.

Taekwoon was sitting on the couch, watching some reality show while drinking a cup of coffee. He looked up, no expression on his face.

“Hi.” Hongbin greeted awkwardly, but Taekwoon didn’t say a word
“I will leave you two here alone, I’ll be in my room when you need me.” Kiseop said and left the two alone in the living room.

Taekwoon turned off the tv and placed the remote on the small table that stood next to the couch. He took a sip of his coffee, while still not saying anything, which made Hongbin feel uneasy.

 

“Hyung, can you please say something?” Hongbin asked after a while

“You’re here to talk, aren’t you?”
“I am…”
“Tell me what you want to say, I’ll listen.” he said and took another sip of his coffee

 

“First of all, I want to apologise. What I did was wrong… and I see my own mistakes, it’s just sad I saw them when it already was too late. I was confused and didn’t think before I acted.” Hongbin begon. “I want to make things right and show everyone I’m worth to be trusted again. I feel horrible for what I did.”

“It good that you see your own mistakes, but you have to face the consequences when something happens that can’t easily be forgiven nor can it be forgotten.”

“I know. I’m not here to ask for forgiveness. I want you to know that you can take as much time you need before you want to forgive me and if it happen you don’t want to, then I will understand.”

 

Taekwoon nodded before taking another sip of his coffee.

 

“I won’t tell Hakyeon you talked to me. He is smart enough to know he would be the next person you want to talk to. You know how he is, always taking care of everyone like he is the mother duck and the others are his little ducklings. If he knows that you are going to visit him to talk, he won’t open the door and protect Sanghyuk even more.”

“I know… thanks hyung.” Hongbin said and paused a little. “How is Sanghyuk doing?”

“He is still upset about it. He even talks less than I do when we are with the others. But I’m not the one who should talk about all of that, you should do that with Sanghyuk.”

“I know…” Hongbin said and sighed. “Aren’t you mad at me?” He then asked carefully

“At the beginning I was, but recently that feeling changed into disappointment.” Taekwoon answered. “But I’m glad to see you’re trying to make a change and that you have acknowledged your mistakes.”

“I promise after I won’t disappoint you anymore after I set everything right.”

 

Authors Note: so here is the next chapter! I finally had the time to finish this chapter since I woke up with a fever and after taking some medicens I felt better but also bored... so yeah, I finished this chapter and already started on the next one!!