Out Of Hand

Catfish

Hongbin walked slowly to Wonsik’s apartment, feeling a heavy weight on his shoulders. The closer he got, the dryer his throat became. The talk he had with Jaehwan did help at some points, it felt good to be able to tell his feelings he felt of everything that had happened. Also he would never go talk to the others if it wasn’t for Jaehwan who convinced him to go and make up.
 

Hongbin gulped when he stood in front of Wonsik’s apartment. He really wanted to run away and never comeback, but he just had to do this. He stepped inside the building and walking past the stairs and elevator since Wonsik lives in one of the apartments on the ground floor. Hongbin reached Wonsik’s door, standing still for at least five minutes before he finally had the courage to ring the doorbell. He had no idea if the other was even home nor how he would react. Hongbin knew Wonsik could be pretty violent when he was furious. Hongbin knew that because he got hit all the time with pillows when he tried to help his friend to get over his girlfriend who cheated on him. That time, Wonsik wasn’t mad at Hongbin, but now it’s a different story and Hongbin probably won’t be hit with a pillow this time. Just when Hongbin wanted to turn around and leave, the door opened. Wonsik just stared at Hongbin for a few seconds with an emotionless face before he shut the door right in his face. Hongbin blinked a few times and let out a sigh. Even though he was nervous what will happen, he wasn’t going to give up.

 

“If you won’t let me in, then I’ll just let myself in.” Hongbin mumbled to himself as he typed the door code.

 

A small green light , letting Hongbin know the code was correct and the door unlocked. He opened the door and placed his shoes by the door before he walked further into the apartment on his socks. The corridor to the living room was a little messy, a few photo frames were lying broken on the ground or were hanging at the wall with sticky notes on them. Hongbin soon realised those were photographs of them together.

 

“What are you doing here in my apartment?” Wonsik asked annoyed, he must heard the door open and close when Hongbin came in.

“I’m here to talk.” Hongbin said, going straight to the point

 

Wonsik let out a bitter laugh

 

“So now you want to talk? After you lied to everyone?” Wonsik said with a bitter voice

“I’m sorry... I-” Hongbin tried to apologize, but got cut off by Wonsik

“You’re a sick person.” He said as he held Hongbin shoulders with his hands. “I can’t believe I called you my friend.”

 

Wonsik then pushed Hongbin onto the ground. Hongbin let out a hiss in pain when he hit the wooden floor, landing next to a broken photo frame with a photograph of them when they both had no date to the Valentine’s Day prom. They came up with a bet who would get the highest grade for their English exam, Wonsik lost by 0,2 points. Because of that Wonsik had to dress up in the most girliest pink dress with cute white flowers and a long straight blond wig, pretending to be Hongbin’s date. It was one of Hongbin’s favorite memories and he would be lying if he said that it doesn’t hurt to see that photograph on the ground like that.

 

“Did you even think when you did all of this? Have you ever thought about it that this could hurt our feelings?”

“Wonsik I-” Hongbin said as he stood up but got interrupted once again

“Do you have any idea how much you hurt me? I thought that best friends tell each other everything and trust each other!” Wonsik raised his voice and pushed hongbin into the wall, next to the photo frame with sticky notes on it. Hongbin could still tell that it was a photograph of himself lying between flowers and fruit, using the ‘draw me like one of your French girls.’ pose. Wonsik had taken this photo and whenever Hongbin asked him why he had this photograph hanging on the wall in his apartment, Wonsik would answer saying this photograph was a masterpiece and everyone visiting should see it.


“Wonsik, I-”

“You have no idea how I’m feeling. You lied to me! I thought I was your best friend. Aren’t best friends supposed to trust each other and tell each other when something is wrong?”

“I’m sorry, I never wanted this to happen”

“Then why did you do this?!”

“I-I-I don’t know… I was-”

“How can you not know why you did this!” Wonsik interrupted Hongbin again.

“I was confused! And you wouldn’t understand it anyways.” Hongbin said, raising his voice as well and pushed Wonsik away

“You should have told me, You should have trusted me! Even if I wouldn’t understand, I would have tried to understand! I always told you how I felt. Do you remember, I even told you I had a crush on your mother! Don’t you think that is more embarrassing to admit than having a crush on one of your friends?!”

“So, you’re saying that it’s not hard to come out as gay?!” Hongbin now snapped and pushed Wonsik to the ground. “See, it was for the best that I didn’t told you. You think it’s no big deal to come out, while it obviously is.”

“Oh really? So you hurting Sanghyuk like that is the best for everyone? If you told me, I could at least stop you from hurting others.” Wonsik said as he pushed himself back on his feet

 

Hongbin felt his blood boil as the words that Wonsik said reached his ears. Hongbin knew what he did was wrong, but for Wonsik to say it like that made Hongbin wanting the punch the out of the other.

 

“Don’t dare to say that I think hurting Sanghyuk was for the best!” Hongbin shouted and grasped a fist full of Wonsik hair and pulled at it roughly. Wonsik yelped in pain as he tried to free his hair from Hongbin’s grip.

“What the , Hongbin!” Wonsik shouted, aiming his fist for Hongbin’s face when he freed himself

 

Hongbin cried out in pain. He tried to rub the pain away by his left eye before he kicked Wonsik’s shin and pushed him into wall. Wonsik pushed Hongbin away roughly, causing Hongbin to fall on the ground. The fight went on like that. Screaming, cursing, punching, kicking and rolling around the floor, while fighting in Wonsik’s apartment.

 

Fighting like this would never have a good ending. They both should had known that, but it all got confirmed when Wonsik’s back hit the big old bookcase standing next to his couch in the livingroom, causing the old shelfs of the bookcase fall out with the books. Most shelfs landed next to Wonsik and a few landed on his shoulders just like the books were also falling around and on him.

 

“I’m sorry. Are you okay?” Hongbin asked when he removed the books that fell from the bookcase

“Get out.” was all what Wonsik said

“Let me help you.”
“I said. Get. Out.”

“I… I’m sorry…”
“Get the hell out of here!” Wonsik screamed as tears rolled down his cheeks

Hongbin hung his head down as he slowly walked out of the living room. Whispering one more sorry before leaving the apartment.  

 


Authors Note: Remember when I said in chapter 14 that there will be 2 - 5 chapters left? well guess what I lied XD since we arived at chapter 19 and still this fanfic isn't finished and won't be finished in one chapter. (I already started on chappy 20. I had hoped to finish it today while being in the train ((I had to travel 6 hour in total)) but on the way to my friend I became sick (Not sure if it was because I sat backwards or because my Chocolate alergy has become even worse... I kinda felt sick and light in my head but I did eat and drink enough so that can't be it.)) Anways to be honest I have no idea how many chapters are left... and I probably won't finish this fanfic before 4 January so I'm really sorry if it will take for ever to update... I will do my best and try to finish it before my intership starts... I don't really do anything on new years eve when its day time so I probably will be writing then. But I will see when I got time. Also thanks for the subs and comments I really apprisiate it! It means a lot to me! And I'm sorry for all the angst... Please don't hate me!