Broken

Catfish

“Hyung, I quit. I’m not going to talk to any of them…” Hongbin said as he spoke to Jaehwan on the phone

“Why? What happened.” Jaehwan asked worried.

“We got into a fight. That’s what happened ” Hongbin answered the older before a groan of pain left his mouth

“Are you okay?”

“I guess… but seriously my whole body is covered with blood and bruises… He might even have broken my nose.” Hongbin said annoyed.

“Do you want me to come over and take you to the doctor?”

“You don’t have to. I don’t want to act all my annoyance and anger out on you… it’s already worse that I’m doing it right now while talking to you on the phone.”

“I understand. If you want some alone time, you can say it.”

“I think some alone time would be nice, I will talk to you later. Also, I probably won’t go to school for a while. I feel so sore I can’t even stand”

“I understand, we will keep in touch and please go visit a doctor soon.”

 

Then they said their goodbyes before Hongbin ended the call.

 

Jaehwan let out a sign and put his phone away. He never thought things would go so out of hand between the two and it made him feel sad, knowing his friends would hurt each other like that. He let himself fall on his back on his bed, he had to come up with an idea. How was he going to make them all talk without someone getting hurt? He really thought that it was a good idea to let Hongbin talk to Wonsik first, since the two of them are really close, however Wonsik must has been hurt pretty much due the fact Hongbin haven’t told Wonsik anything and lied to him while they always shared everything.

 

“Why do I realise that Wonsik has been hurt pretty much just now?” Jaehwan let out a frustrated groan, rolling onto his left side and stared at the pastel yellow wall.“I’m so stupid.”

 

Jaehwan’s phone buzzed. He took his phone, typed his code and opened Kakao talk. He has been added in a new group chat, one without Hongbin.

 

Kim Wonsik: Guys, I won’t go to school for awhile

Cha Hakyeon: What’s wrong? Did something happen?

Jung Taekwoon: Why?

Kim Wonsik: Hongbin came to my apartment to “talk”… and we kind of ended up in a fight…

Han Sanghyuk: Are you okay?

Kim Wonsik: I’m really sore… at the begining we just pushed and shouted but in the end the fight became more heated and I got pushed into my bookcase. Those stupid shelves and books hit my shoulders

Jung Taekwoon: Did you already visit the doctor?

Kim Wonsik: Not yet

Cha Hakyeon: Do you want someone to pick you up?

Kim Wonsik: That would be nice

Cha Hakyeon: Jaehwan, why don’t you bring Wonsik to the doctor? We know you’re online reading along

 

Jaehwan totally forgot about the number next to the message that counts down when someone reads it.

 

Lee Jaehwan: Sure, I can do that

Cha Hakyeon: Great!

Lee Jaehwan: I will be on my way then. See you soon

 

Jaehwan then closed the app and let out a sigh. He didn't want to be part of a group chat that outcasted one of their friends. That way it feels like gossiping and that was something Jaehwan hates the most.

 

He took his phone and car keys and left the apartment after putting his shoes and jacket on. He stepped into his car and drove off. When he arrived at Wonsik’s apartment, he parked his car and went inside the apartment building. He rang the bell and soon Wonsik opened the door.

 

“Hi.” Jaehwan greeted

“Hi hyung.” Wonsik greeted back

“I parked the car in front of the building, so we can leave any moment from now.”

“That’s great. Just give me some time to put on my shoes and jacket.”

 

Wonsik shoved his feet in his shoes but let out a hiss in pain when he bend over and tried to tie his shoes.

 

“Are you okay? Do you want me to help?” Jaehwan asked worried

“I’m fine, you don't have to help me.”

 

Wonsik tried it again but was visibly in pain. When he heard the younger let out another hiss in pain and this time also some cursing under his breath, Jaehwan couldn’t take it anymore and kneeled down to tie Wonsik’s shoes in silence. He then took Wonsik’s jacket from the coat rack and placed the jacket around his shoulders.

 

“Thanks” Wonsik said softly, he didn’t liked it to feel like some helpless person

“No need to thank me, I like to help.” Jaehwan said and smiled

 

They walked towards Jaehwan’s car. Jaehwan opened the door for Wonsik, not wanting him to get hurt by opening the door of the car.

 

The ride to the doctor was silent. Only a song playing softly could be heard. As they arrived, they waited at the waiting room until the doctor called them.

 

“Mr. Kim Wonsik.” The doctor called out. “You can follow me.”

 

They followed the doctor through the corridors to a small room.

 

“So can you tell me what happened?” The doctor asked when he took his seat behind his desk, Wonsik and Jaehwan sat down on the two chairs in front of him.

“I fell backwards into my bookcase, causing the shelves and books to fall on my shoulder.” Wonsik told the doctor

“I see. Can you raise your arms for me?”

 

Wonsik tried to raise his arms, but couldn’t raise it higher than his collarbone without feeling a painful and burning feeling in his shoulder.

 

“I can’t…” Wonsik said a little frustrated because he couldn’t do such a simple thing

“I see, let’s try some other tests.”

 

The doctor tried some other tests, but Wonsik kept saying it was hurting very badly.

 

“It seems like you broke your collarbone. It often breaks when people fall on their shoulders.” The doctor said as he typed something in his computer. “I will sent you to the Radiology department. There they will make an x-ray of your collarbone to see how severely broken it is.” He printed out a paper and gave it to Wonsik. “If you go straight to the end of the corridor and then to the left, you will see a waiting room. You can wait there until my coworker calls you in.”

“Okay.” Wonsik said and took the paper. It was a paper with his name and other personal information about him, probably something he had to give to the other doctor.

 

Wonsik and Jaehwan then left the room. Finding the way to the waiting room easily, they each took a seat at one of the chairs.

 

“I’m sorry if I’m a burden right now. I never asked Hakyeon-hyung to decide you would accomplish me to the hospital.” Wonsik said

“It’s okay, you shouldn’t be sorry. You’re not a burden to me.”

“Thanks hyung, I’m glad about that.”

 

It then became quiet, both not saying a word until the doctor came to get Wonsik for his x-ray, leaving Jaehwan behind to wait outside. The x-ray got made pretty fast and before they knew it they got send back to the room of the other doctor for the results of the x-ray.

 

“Like you can see on the picture, you have indeed broken you collar bone.” The doctor said while he pointed at the picture on his computer screen with a pen. “But it didn’t got broken that badly.”

 

The doctor walked towards his closet with all kind of bandages. He took a sling out of one of the closets and walked back to Wonsik. Then, the doctor showed him how to properly place the sling on his shoulder and position his arm so that it would supported by the sling.

 

“All you need to do now is resting your arm on this sling for six weeks. Also, make sure you do these exercises.” the doctor said and gave him some papers with different kind of exercises “You don’t want your arm to lose its strength, so it's important you do those exercises twice a day.”

 

Wonsik nodded as he took the papers in his hands.

 

“I want to make an appointment in three weeks to see how you’re doing, you can make the appointment at the information desk.”

“Okay, thanks doctor.” Wonsik said

 

They both said good bye before leaving the room and left the building after Wonsik made an appointment.

 

“Luck sure isn’t on my side today. Hongbin who stands in front of my door, then we had a fight and now I even broke my damn collarbone” Wonsik said as they walked back to the car. “You know, I don’t even know why he wanted to talk to me.”

“Probably to make up… I guess.” Jaehwan said

“I don’t need to make up with him. I mean, look what he has done.” Wonsik said, getting annoyed by the thought of what happened today. “My whole house is a mess because of him.”

 

There was a small pause between their chat.

“By the way, about that fight. You said that the two of you were pushing each other and shouting at each other, but you and I both know Hongbin won’t start a fight out of nowhere.” Jaehwan said and looked at Wonsik before opening the door of the car for him. “What exactly happen?”

 

“I might have made a comment about him hurting Sanghyuk and the rest of us.” Wonsik said annoyed before taking his seat in the car. “But what else should I have done? He should know how he hurt everyone.”

“You know he feels horrible, if not he wouldn’t even took the effort to talk to you.” Jaehwan said while putting the seatbelt around Wonsik’s waist, clicking it stuck. before closing the door, walking to the other side of the car. Taking his seat behind the steering wheel and starting up the car after he put on his own seatbelt

“I don’t care about him anymore.”

“Don’t say that, I know you still care about him. You are hurt by his actions and now are pretending not to care, pushing you hurt feelings away.”

 

Wonsik didn’t respond on that and pouted.

 

“I just don’t understand…” Wonsik spoke after a while looking out of the window as Jaehwan drove the car out of the parking lot. “Why would he do something like this? I just can’t believe Hongbin was catfishing Sanghyuk all the time. It just seems so… surreal…”

“I understand your feelings. It’s hard to imagine it was Hongbin all the time.” Jaehwan said, eyes focused on the road. “Did he had a chance to explain?”

“Not really… but this isn’t something you could easily solve by talking and saying sorry.”

“I know, but listening to each other’s reasons for their actions is the first step of forgiveness. After that he should show you he is worth your trust and forgiveness and then you can decide what to do next, will you forgive him or not. The choice is up to you.”

“I hate it when your right…” Wonsik said, sinking down on his chair

 

Jaehwan let out a chuckle and shook his head. They soon arrived at Wonsik’s apartment, Wonsik had invited the older for a cup of coffee and Jaehwan had offered his help to clean the mess, since Wonsik isn’t able to do it himself.

 

It was around 9pm when Jaehwan got home. He kick out his shoes and hung his jacket on the coatrack before he walked straight to the dark blue couch in the living room, taking a seat.

 

“To day has been a very long day.” He mumbled to himself

He took his phone out his pocket, starting up Kakao talk to let the others know he just got back home from Wonsik. He then opened the chat with Hongbin
 

Lee Jaehwan: I brought Wonsik to the hospital a while ago, he broke his collarbone but it isn’t that bad. He will be completely healed in six weeks.

 

Jaehwan pressed the send button. After some minutes past he decided to let Hongbin know he spoke to Wonsik about this matter.

 

Lee Jaehwan: I had the chance to speak to Wonsik about this matter. He is hurt pretty bad, mentally. He might be willing to listen to you, but give him the time. He will come to you when he’s ready to talk. Also if he is willing to talk, don’t think everything will be like the way it was before. You need to prove yourself to win back his trust and friendship. However I can’t help you with that, you need to do that yourself, but I know you will figure it out.

 

With that he closed the app and made himself ready to go to bed, knowing he would have to get up early the next morning.



Authors Note: So here I am with an other update, I really wanted to finish this story in my break but appearently that didnt happen. So today starts my internship and I'm kinda nervous for those six months of working at a Graphic design studio... because of that I will be online less then that I usally am. HOWEVER, Every day I have to travel one and a half hour when going to my internship workplace and one and a half hour back. So I will be able to write and I probably will be able to update once a week. Anyways I hope you liked this chapter, thanks for subscribing and commenting! It really makes me happy to see so manny people subscribed to this fanfic and commented, it really means a lot to me. Thank you all so much. Well I gotta go now, don't want to get late on my first day.