Happy Together

Catfish

Hongbin stood nervously in front of Hakyeon’s front door. Although Sanghyuk told that it was okay for him to come over, he still couldn’t help it and felt a bit nervous. He knocked a few times on the door and then waited until it got opened. He hoped it was Sanghyuk who opened the door, but unfortunately it was Jaehwan instead.
 

“Hongbin, hello. What are you doing here?” Jaehwan asked surprised.

“I got invited for dinner.” Hongbin answered a bit awkward due to the fact not everyone seems to know about him coming over.

“Ah I see… so Hakyeon did change his mind. However, it would had been nice if someone told me. Anyways, come in.”

 

Jaehwan stepped a side to let Hongbin into the house. He put off his shoes and jacket before he followed Jaehwan into the livingroom. Although, Jaehwan made Hongbin feel welcome, it was still nerve wrecking to be there. Hakyeon had given him another chance and Taekwoon wasn’t that angry anymore, but still he had no idea how to react to the two oldest of their group.

 

When Jaehwan and Hongbin walked into the livingroom they spotted Taekwoon who was cuddling with Marshmallow on the ground. He didn’t seem to notice Hongbin’s present until Jaehwan said happily who came over for dinner. Taekwoon just looked at Hongbin for awhile, observing the boy who felt like dying of the nerves.

 

“It’s nice to see you again, Hongbin-ah.” Taekwoon said and flashed a small smile before he focussed his attention on Marshmallow.

“It’s… it’s nice to see you too, hyung.” Hongbin said slightly nervous.

“Don’t be disappointed if you wanted to talk more with him. We all know that Taekwoon-hyung isn’t that much of a talker and ever since Marshmallow came along he hasn’t been giving attention to all of us whenever we're at Hakyeon's place.” Jaehwan told Hongbin, earning a glare from Taekwoon.

 

“Anyways, how have you been?” Jaehwan asked as they took a seat on the couch.

“I’ve been good, a bit busy though. How about you?”

“Me too, except for the being busy part.” Jaehwan chuckled. “School doesn’t sign up that much homework since we’re getting closer to our exams. But, I can understand that for you it’s still quite a lot in combination with all your photoshoots.”

“Tell me about it… at this rate I don’t even know if I will have the time to proper study.”

“You will find a way to balance it. If not, then we are here to do everything we can to help.”

“Thanks, that means a lot. But actually, I’m planning to drop out.”

“You are? Are you sure? It’s not easy to get a job without your graduation papers.”

“I know that, but someone from Glamour, you know that international well known magazine I was hired for, offered me a full time job.”

“Really? That is amazing! Congratulations.”

“Thank you. I still have to tell the others tough… but I will be able to tell them tonight.”

“So have you accepted the offer?”

“Not yet, I asked for some time to think about the offer.” Hongbin said and sighed “You see, the offer is great. I get a high salary, my own photo studio and I’m able to meet a lot of famous people. The only thing is that I have to travel a lot outside the country and most likely work in America, since the magazine is official American.”

“You’re hesitating because of Sanghyuk, aren’t you?”

 

Hongbin nodded

 

“I really want to take the offer but I want to hear Sanghyuk’s thoughts on it as well. America isn’t really around the corner and taking him with me isn’t really an option right now. I don’t want him to drop out and end up unemployed because he never graduated. He is young and smart, it would be a waste if he drops out because of me.”

“I can understand that… but I think he will be understanding enough to understand you and your reasoning.”

“I know he is, but that's not what I’m worried about. We both know him well enough to know that once you tell him not to do something, he would end up doing it.”

“yeah… that is indeed true.”

“Like once I told him he didn’t had to come over to help me with my homework, but he didn’t listen, came over and made my book report about some clicé roman in one evening.”

“He cares about you.”

“He does, just like how much I cares about him.” Hongbin said smiling. “I’m glad we figured everything out.”

 

“How are things between you and Wonsik?” Hongbin asked after awhile.

“I don’t know… he is so confusing. First he let me touch him, but some seconds later he freaks out. Because of that I'm sort of scared to touch him without asking if it's okay.”

“Have you talked about it?”

“No, we didn’t. I tried to get something out of him, but when I asked if there was something wrong he would always say that there isn’t and that he is just tired, before he goes to the bedroom to sleep.”

 

“You should just confront him once you are alone. Communication, Trust, Clearness, respect and love are the key points of a successful relationship.” Taekwoon said, he had been listening to Hongbin’s and Jaehwan’s man to man talk the whole time. “If one of those are missing, the relationship won’t last long. If I were you I would talk as soon as possible.”

“I just haven’t found the right timing yet…”

“Just don’t wait too long.”

“I won’t.”

 

just then Sanghyuk walked into the living room to get the others for dinner. His eyes widen as he saw his boyfriend sitting on the couch. He hadn’t seen Hongbin for a pretty long time.

 

“Hyung!” Sanghyuk said happily as he dashed over to his boyfriend, almost jumping on him for a hug.

“Sanghyuk be careful you almost squeezed me.” Jaehwan said, who was able to stand up from the couch before Sanghyuk gave Hongbin a tackle hug.

“Sorry…” Sanghyuk said before he gave all his attention to his boyfriend. “I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too.”

 

Hongbin wrapped his arms around Sanghyuk’s waist, holding him close and rested his chin on Sanghyuk’s shoulder. They just sat there like that on the couch, enjoying each other's embrace until a cough could be heard from the entrance of the living room.

 

“Seriously Hakyeon-hyung? They aren’t even making out.” Jaehwan said, knowing exactly what’s coming next.

“I can see that, but hugging leads to making out and making out lead to , well most of the time. And I don’t want that to happen on my beautiful couch.” Hakyeon said who had his arms folded over his chest. “anyways, dinner is ready. wash your hands and take a seat.”

 

They all went to the kitchen where they washed their hands one by one. After that they all took a seat at the fully made up table. Hakyeon took everyone’s plate and put some of the food on it, one by one.

 

“I hope you like the meal I prepared for you. And I’m very glad that our family is complete again. Let’s hope that from now on that it all goes better. Enjoy your meal.” Hakyeon said when everyone has their food.

 

They all enjoyed their food and talked about their day. Jaehwan shared that his boss had this idea to change his ice salon into a pancake restaurant when it starts to become autumn until spring begins, since they don’t sell much ice cream from September till April. Wonsik told them he received an email from his English teacher that he didn’t  got a passing grade for his report about London and then began to complain about the language, before he begged the others to help him. When Wonsik was done with complaining and begging for help, Hakyeon began to tell about his whole day. no one really minded that he always do that. They all liked it to hear his hyung talk full of enthusiasm about everything that happened that day.

 

“There is something I want to announce.” Hongbin said after a while when Hakyeon finished his story of his day with the event of a rude employee in the supermarket who refused to help him and just ignored him.

 

All eyes were set on Hongbin. Hongbin hesitated a bit if it was the right timing to announce it at the dining table, but Jaehwan’s smile and nod encouraged Hongbin to tell everyone.

 

“I got a job offer.”

“Really? Congratulations.” Sanghyuk said happily while smiling.

 

The others followed with congratulating Hongbin. He was glad his friends were so happy he got a job. But it kind of hurt Hongbin to see Sanghyuk so happy, since he knew that smile on his boyfriend's face won’t last long.

 

“For who are you going to work?” Wonsik asked.

“Glamour.”

“You mean that really famous international magazine!?” Sanghyuk asked enthusiast, Hongbin nodded.

“But the only thing is that I will most likely work in America.”

“Oh…” Sanghyuk’s smile dropped.

 

“I haven’t accepted the offer just yet… I first wanted to hear your opinion.” Hongbin said as he grabbed Sanghyuk’s hand and made comforting circles on his palm. “If you don’t want me to go, you can tell me.”

“No… you shouldn’t throw a chance like that away for me… Glamour is a really popular magazine and I think you should take this chance…” Sanghyuk said as he looked at Hongbin with a sad smile on his face. “Of course I will miss you a lot when you’re outside the country… but we will figure it all out…”

“You’re sure?”

“I’m sure.”

“Okay, then I will call them tomorrow to tell them I will accept the offer.”

 

After dinner they all helped with cleaning up, before they went to the living room where they would play some board game. It was around 9pm when Jaehwan and Wonsik said their goodbyes to everyone. They were the the second and third who left. Hongbin had to go home pretty soon due to the fact he still had some work to do.

 

“Want to go to my place?” Jaehwan asked as they walked down the staircase to the ground floor.

“Yeah… sure…” Wonsik answered.

“Is something the matter?”

“No… I just have a lot on my mind…”

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“Not right now… I will tell you at your apartment…”

“Ah okay…” Jaehwan said as they walked out of the apartment building. “There is something I wanted to talk about with you too… I will tell you after you told me what’s bothering you at my apartment.”

 

Wonsik hummed to let Jaehwan know he understood.

 

The walk to Jaehwan’s apartment was in a comfortable silence. Both of them didn’t said a word, they just looked in front of themselves and enjoyed each other's company. Their hands would touch from time to time but they both didn’t took each other’s hand in their own. They both weren’t really the kind that would show of their affection for each other in public, they rather saved it for when it was just the two of them.

 

“After you.” Jaehwan said after he opened the door of his apartment.

 

They both walked into the apartment, Wonsik already began to put off his shoes and jacket while Jaehwan closed the front door.

 

“Jaehwan-hyung.” Wonsik began after he took a few steps forward and then turned to face his boyfriend who was now putting off their shoes. “I want to talk about our relationship.”

 

Wonsik got right straight to the point. After he talked with Hakyeon and Sanghyuk, he was determined to talk about his fear with Jaehwan. Allthough the hallway may not be the best place to talk, he still did it .Since he know the longer he wait, the less courage he would have.

 

“You want to break… up?” Jaehwan guessed. He looked at Wonsik, hurt was clearly visible in his eyes. “Almost all talks start with that when someone wants to break up…”

“No, that’s not what I want to talk about.”

 

Jaehwan let out a sigh of relieve. He almost had a heart attack when he heard those words. He had heard it before with the relationships he used to have before Wonsik.

 

Jaehwan placed his shoes next to Wonsik’s and stood up, so he could properly face his boyfriend.

 

“It’s just… It’ just I’m… ” Wonsik stumbled over his own words.

 

Wonsik had no idea how to say it. He tried it again. He opened his mouth and tried to tell his boyfriend what was bothering him, but no words came out without stumbling. Jaehwan didn’t push Wonsik to just say it, he just waited until Wonsik found his words. However, it did frustrated Wonsik that he kept on stumbling with his words.

 

“I’m scared!” Wonsik said louder than he intended to do, but he was glad he finally could get those words out of his mouth. He hoped everything would go easier. “I’m scared of going further… It’s clearly you want to take the next step, but I just can’t… Not yet… I tried to just force myself to take the next step, but I just couldn’t… and I’m sorry if I gave you mixed signals because of that.”

“That does explain a lot…” Jaehwan said as guilt washed over him, he had no idea his boyfriend was struggling with that. However, he could relate to Wonsik how he is feeling. “Even though you should had told me sooner, I’m glad you did told me this. I don’t want you to force yourself to do things you don’t want to.”

“You aren’t mad or disappointed or anything?” Wonsik said as he looked at the ground. He was glad he was able to let Jaehwan know how he feels, but still he felt kind of embarrassed.

“No… I’m not mad or anything like that.”

 

Jaehwan walked closer to his boyfriend and took Wonsik’s hands in his own.

 

“I do admit I want to take the next step in our relationship, but I don't want you to do things you’re not comfortable with. I can wait until you’re ready. So please, take all the time you need.”

“Thanks.”

 

Wonsik then gave Jaehwan a hug, he was really thankful that Jaehwan understood him and gave him all the time he needed.

 

“Jaehwan-hyung…”

“Yes, dear?”

“I love you.”

 

Jaehwan was taken back by those three words. Wonsik never said those words. Even when Jaehwan told Wonsik he loved him, Wonsik never said I love you too. Jaehwan knew that the reason was that Wonsik didn’t wanted to give Jaehwan too much hope when he wasn’t sure of his own feelings yet.

 

“I… I love you too…”

 

Jaehwan then pressed his lips softly on wonsik’s. Kissing him softly and full with love.

 

“Jaehwan-hyung, what was it you wanted to talk about?” Wonsik asked after they broke the kiss to get some air.

“I wanted to talk about the mixed signals you gave and such…”

“Ah, I see.”

 


Authors Note: Hello~ I was finally able to update again. I know it took a while but thats because life was kinda a mess. Mostly because of School and the deadlines as well as exam stress. I just have a few months left until I wlll graduate (I hope I will) after that I will have more time so maybe I'm able to write more. Anyways I hope you enjoy the chapter! Next Chapter will be the last chapter~