Black-White-Thinking

Catfish

"I feel offended. Why haven't you told me sooner that you two are dating each other?" Hakyeon said and folded his arms over his chest.

"Hyung, we just didn't find the right timing to tell you." Jaehwan said casually as he leaned on the kitchen counter.

"So instead I have to find out myself by catching you making out in my kitchen?"

"I told you it was a bad idea." Wonsik said to Jaehwan, looking at his boyfriend with a small blush on his cheeks.

"It was a perfect idea until Hakyeon-hyung had to ruin the fun."

 

Today was their weekly family dinner, that's how Hakyeon calls it, and it was Hakyeon's turn to cook for everyone at his place. Jaehwan and Wonsik hadn't told to anyone, apart from Hongbin, that they are dating. Both guys were still a bit scared to come out. However, Jaehwan couldn't wait any longer to kiss his boyfriend and came with the idea to make out in the kitchen when no one else but them were there. Wonsik wasn't sure of this idea but trusted Jaehwan when he said that they won't get caught as long as they stay as quiet as possible. However, Hakyeon found them a few minutes later when he heard noises coming from his kitchen. When Hakyeon stepped into the kitchen he saw Wonsik sitting on the kitchen counter with his arms wrapped around Jaehwan's neck, who was standing in front of the younger as they kissed passionately. At first they didn't noticed Hakyeon, until the oldest cleared his throat when he saw that Jaehwan was going to bite into the skin of Wonsik neck.

 

"Sure, it was a perfect idea to do this in my kitchen. You know people cook and eat here. I don't want you to have kitchen in my kitchen."

"We weren't planning to go that far." Jaehwan said as he wrapped an arm around Wonsik, who looked a bit scared the moment Hakyeon had said Kitchen . "Right Wonsikkie?"

"hm." Wonsik Hummed, he felt a bit too uncomfortable to speak properly.

"Well it sure looked like it!" Hakyeon said and let out a sigh.

 

The three just stood quietly in the kitchen. The couple didn't really know how to reply to their hyung. It was Hakyeon who broke the silence after a while.

 

"How long have you been together?"

"We had our 100 days anniversary last weekend." Wonsik answered, he had calmed down from Hakyeon's comment and was able to speak properly.

"You kept it a secret for that long?"

"It's not like we're the only one of our group in a relationship." Jaehwan said matter of factly.

"Wait, what? Who?"

"Hyukkie."

"Really?" Hakyeon said surprised before he stormed off to the living room, but came back a few seconds later. "Don't you dare to make out in the kitchen while I'm gone." with that he left, this time for real.

 

Sanghyuk and Taekwoon were both on the couch. Taekwoon watched how Marshmallow was chasing an grey radio controlled mouse, that Sanghyuk controlled with the controller of the cat toy. It was Marshmallows favorite toy.

 

"Sanghyuk! Since when are you dating?" Hakyeon asked as he walked into the living room. "Why didn't you tell me."

"I..." Sanghyuk paused as he stopped playing with Marshmallow and placed the controller between Taekwoon and himself on the couch. "I... I... don't know what you're talking about, hyung."

"Oh my gosh, please don't tell me you're dating Taekwoon!" Hakyeon said dramatically as he was jumping to conclusions without any facts. "That means I'm the only single man of the group."

"Don't be so dramatic. We're not dating." Taekwoon said and rolled his eyes before he took the controller from the couch and began to move the radio controlled mouse around the room.

"Oh... but who is he dating then?"

"How am I supposed to know that? He hasn't told me either."

 

Sanghyuk knew that Hakyeon wouldn't leave him alone until he told him who he was dating.

 

"So, who are you dating? It's not some stranger online again, is it?"

"No, of course not. I don't do that kind of things anymore." Sanghyuk said looking at his hyung. "From whom did you even get this information?"

"Jaehwan told me."

"And you believe him?"

"Of course I do. Besides that, it would explain why you're texting more often nowadays."

 

Sanghyuk let out a sigh and looked at his feet.

 

"Okay, I admit. I am dating someone." Sanghyuk said softly.

"What's the name of your special someone?" Hakyeon asked curiously.

"Hongbin." Sanghyuk spoke even softer, not daring to look at Hakyeon.

 

Taekwoon who sat next to him placed the controller of Marshmallow’s cat toy on his lap and looked over at Sanghyuk, who was playing with the hem of his T-shirt, with a doubtful look. He knew what was coming next.

 

"Please tell me I misunderstood that. You aren't dating Hongbin, are you?" Hakyeon asked with concern. He wasn't that happy that Sanghyuk went over to Hongbin to talk. Hakyeon feared that Sanghyuk's feelings would be crushed again and dating would increase the chance that it happens again.

"Yes, I'm dating him." Sanghyuk said as he looked up at Hakyeon. "I love him."

"Even after everything that he has done to you? He played with your heart. He lied to you. He made you cry. H-" Hakyeon began to list what Hongbin did the past months but got caught off by Sanghyuk.

"I know what he did. Yes, he made me cry. Yes, he made me feel like and hurt my feelings. Yes, he was the cause I fell behind with school and caused many more negative thoughts and emotions."

 

Sanghyuk couldn't deny that Hakyeon was right. It just annoyed Sanghyuk that Hakyeon would only list the bad things. Of course Hakyeon couldn't help it, after all he was pretty overprotective of his friends. Although, that doesn't give Hakyeon the right to keep thinking in black and white.

 

"But, you forget that he made me happy. He made me smile. He made me feel special. He was there for me whenever I needed him before everything got ed up. I have moved on and I realised that those feelings I have is for the person who I was talking to all the time. It doesn't matter anymore that Hongbin used another name and face on the internet. He never meant to play with my feelings. He just didn't know how to approach me and tell me that he likes me."

"What if this is a lie just like all the lies he has told."

"If you keep black-white-thinking, then I don't want to talk."

 

With that Sanghyuk stood up, walked towards his room and slammed the door shut.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Hakyeon asked when he noticed that Taekwoon was glaring at him.

“You were pretty harsh towards him.” Taekwoon said as he stood up and placed a hand on Hakyeon’s shoulder. “I know it might be hard for you, but Sanghyuk is old enough to decide for himself. You should go apologize to him.”

“You’re right…”

 

“What just happened here?” asked Wonsik as he walked into the living room with Jaehwan close behind. “Where is Sanghyuk?”

“He is mad at me because I think negative about his boyfriend.”

“Don’t you think that Hongbin deserves another chance?” Jaehwan asked carefully.

“Why? He hurt Sanghyuk and he will probably hurt him again. Do you want Sanghyuk to get hurt again?”

“You do know that you’re the one who is hurting Sanghyuk now.” Taekwoon said as he looked at Hakyeon.

“Taekwoon-ah… You’re supposed to my on my side.”
“I’m on my own side. So, sometimes I will agree with you and sometimes not.”

“I will go talk to him… Taekwoon can you start with preparing dinner, I will take it over once I finished talking to Sanghyuk.”

 

Taekwoon nodded and then walked towards the kitchen.

 

“You two can do whatever you want as long as it doesn’t include passionately kissing and such. You got your own appartments for that.” Hakyeon said and with that he left the living room.

 


Authors Note: I'm so sorry it took me so long for the next update... I really wanted to update sooner but I just couldn't. Lately I have been pretty tired and basically go to bed around 8pm - 9pm... So it might take some time until the next chapter will be updated because of this reason. 
 
Anyways I hope you like this chapter, sorry if there are any mistakes, I really wanted to update it when i finished it so my beta reader haven't read it just yet.